PDA

View Full Version : Poor, not abysmal.

ManBearPig
18-03-2012, 01:44 PM
Think Hibs were poor again at THEM today but the way SOME people are going on we are as good as relegated!! We still have a semi final to look forward to and a much stronger more resiliant squad than we did 6 months ago!

The squad is still settling and survival is key at the moment and I personally am more confident of survival these days than I have been in the past.

Lets not forget away to Hearts is always tough and much better Hibs teams of yesteryear have struggled there!

Sorry to sound cliched, but most important thing is how we bounce back after this!

GGTTH

Beefster
18-03-2012, 01:45 PM
Think Hibs were poor again at THEM today but the way SOME people are going on we are as good as relegated!! We still have a semi final to look forward to and a much stronger more resiliant squad than we did 6 months ago!

The squad is still settling and survival is key at the moment and I personally am more confident of survival these days than I have been in the past.

Lets not forget away to Hearts is always tough and much better Hibs teams of yesteryear have struggled there!

Sorry to sound cliched, but most important thing is how we bounce back after this!

GGTTH

Most of them are on loan. We've only got 8 league games left so they had better settle soon.

Expecting Rain
18-03-2012, 01:51 PM

GGTTH

I feel drained after watching that, our mixed bag of loan players are slightly better than the previous lot, the team looks like it is hoping something is going to happen rather than making things happen.

ManBearPig
18-03-2012, 01:52 PM
You have a point, but I still think we have stronger squad than we did.

And we have little option other than loan signings at this point, we dont have money for big names unless you want to see hibs go down the jambo and hun route?

PeeJay
18-03-2012, 01:52 PM

GGTTH

Have to admire your optimism - but once they scored the goal through yet more ridiculous defending (sic) on our part I failed to see how we would put the ball in the net to score - we have no bite up front whatsoever, no ideas, no urgency - the "tactic" of pumping long, high balls to anyone who happens to be up front baffles me although perhaps it's more to do with a "get rid off the ball quick mentality" than any actual tactic.

We had 37% of the possession apparently - astonishing. Hearts were very ordinary as a team, but they were still miles ahead of us where and when it mattered.

ManBearPig
18-03-2012, 02:13 PM
I actually agree with most of the points I think we do have problems mainly in the midfield, I had high hopes and still do for Claros. But also lack width I think there is goals in both Doyle and Griffiths but delivery is wanting. My main point for this point was to counter the idiots who think we have worse squad than we did under Calderwood.

I still have hopes for the manager and want people to give him time, pending survival this season.

The chickens are coming home to roost next season for the Yams and Huns next and with right leadership our long term investment will start to reap dividends as we have infrastructure in place that other clubs don't. And ALL clubs will have to start using their youth systems.

Yeah I know its taking time but we've had p*** Poor leadership prior and Rome wasnt built in a day.

Small progress is better than none.