PDA

View Full Version : Question Fenlon speaking to cops?

Hibernia Na Eir
18-03-2012, 02:40 PM
BBC radio reported PF spoke to match superintendent about Hearts fans behind him.
I just wonder if they shouted the usual anti-Irish abuse?
fenlon should make formal complaint against these morons. so much for that old stand being better marshalled! Hearts are EVERY bit as bad as old firm.
Just s.c.u.m.

nonshinyfinish
18-03-2012, 02:41 PM
Quelle surprise.

matty_f
18-03-2012, 02:42 PM
They were probably going to take action for a criminal performance...:rolleyes:

Hibernia Na Eir
18-03-2012, 02:49 PM
all joking aside (and Hibs' dire performance today), Hearts fans are continually guilty of persistent sectarian behavior, particularly during derbys. its the same section, lower old stand.
do the cops, stewards, anti sectarian folk choose not to hear things? wtf is goin on?
massively embarrassing that wee Pat had to speak to cops himself. this country is a joke.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-03-2012, 02:57 PM
I like my country.

Hibernia Na Eir
18-03-2012, 03:01 PM
what???

MichelleHibs
18-03-2012, 04:19 PM
He handed the cop something with about 10mins to go.

Keith_M
18-03-2012, 04:30 PM

The Towel?

blackpoolhibs
18-03-2012, 04:31 PM

I hope it was the contracts of most of those players, impersonating footballers,perhaps he's trying to see if a fraud has been committed?

Hibernia Na Eir
18-03-2012, 04:37 PM
Paul Mitchell of BBC could only say the hearts fans behind the dugout were a bit "vociferous".

didn't know rats or cockroaches could be so?!

heretoday
18-03-2012, 04:39 PM
The cops never do anything. It's the same at the Old Firm.

HIBERNIAN-0762
18-03-2012, 05:03 PM
Their fans need to calm down a bit especially down at the near side where Kujabi had something thrown at him and cops did nothing about it, had it been the other way round who ever done it would have been dragged out, **** of the earth they are, like wild animals at times....calm down dears...it's only a game :rolleyes:

Hibernian Verse
18-03-2012, 05:06 PM
BBC radio reported PF spoke to match superintendent about Hearts fans behind him.
fenlon should make formal complaint against these morons. so much for that old stand being better marshalled! Hearts are EVERY bit as bad as old firm.
Just s.c.u.m.

It doesn't surprise me that you're jumping to conclusions, you're not exactly exempt from the opposite of what you're complaining about as was seen in a thread in the dug-out that I remember.

Hibernia Na Eir
18-03-2012, 05:09 PM
jumping to Paul Mitchell's (self confessed jambo) conclusions.....he said something had been said, not me!

Matty_Jack04
18-03-2012, 05:12 PM
He came over to clap the fans at the end and was getting it tight on his way back up to the tunnel

Hibernia Na Eir
18-03-2012, 05:18 PM
He came over to clap the fans at the end and was getting it tight on his way back up to the tunnel

nah mate, it was around the 75 min mark. something happened. P Mitchell said Paddy spoke to the superintendent and pointed to the fans behind him.

18-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Not suprised tbh, most supporters that sit in that rickety old barn shed are class A morons.

The skrawny, junkie looking mutant sitting in section nearest the hibs fans who spent the whole game making the injecting drugs signal to the hibs supporters, just an good example of the type of low life **** that take up a lot of that stand. Or the idiots that let of the smoke bomb on the ground in the stand after the goal and it went into a very young boys face, forcing his dad to have to lift him over into the empty section to try get away from it.

I tell you, they might be a better team than us and beat us most times etc etc but by god i'm so glad I am not one of them!

Hibbyradge
18-03-2012, 06:27 PM

all joking aside (and Hibs' dire performance today), Hearts fans are continually guilty of persistent sectarian behavior, particularly during derbys. its the same section, lower old stand.
do the cops, stewards, anti sectarian folk choose not to hear things? wtf is goin on?
massively embarrassing that wee Pat had to speak to cops himself. this country is a joke.

Er, are you not jumping to conclusions?

Hibernia Na Eir
18-03-2012, 06:27 PM
Not suprised tbh, most supporters that sit in that rickety old barn shed are class A morons.

The skrawny, junkie looking mutant sitting in section nearest the hibs fans who spent the whole game making the injecting drugs signal to the hibs supporters, just an good example of the type of low life **** that take up a lot of that stand. Or the idiots that let of the smoke bomb on the ground in the stand after the goal and it went into a very young boys face, forcing his dad to have to lift him over into the empty section to try get away from it.

I tell you, they might be a better team than us and beat us most times etc etc but by god i'm so glad I am not one of them!

top post.
whats the name given to the place cockroaches live?
that 1000 year old stand is held together with cobwebs and chewing gum but the residents of it aren't worthy of sharing it, such is their rank in life. From the gormless tramp who assaulted Lennon to treggs who hang the Dumfries flag at a squint angle, its a worthy lodge for Edinburgh's lesser ones.

Dinkydoo
18-03-2012, 06:35 PM
treggs who hang the Dumfries flag at a squint angle.

What does this mean?

Hibernia Na Eir
18-03-2012, 07:04 PM
it means all and whole in that stand are treggs.

CropleyWasGod
18-03-2012, 07:13 PM
it means all and whole in that stand are treggs.

What's a tregg?

Dinkydoo
18-03-2012, 07:17 PM
You'll have to humour me here, I have no idea what "hanging the Dumfries flag at a squint angle" means..............

What is the "Dumfries flag"?

Hibernia Na Eir
18-03-2012, 07:17 PM
What's a tregg?

apologies as it should only have had one 'g'.

anyhow, from
Urban Dictionary: Treg
A Scottish term describing a person of shabby
or, somewhat cruely, financially restricted
appearance.

CropleyWasGod
18-03-2012, 07:31 PM
apologies as it should only have had one 'g'.

anyhow, from
Urban Dictionary: Treg
A Scottish term describing a person of shabby
or, somewhat cruely, financially restricted
appearance.

I think you have the wrong dictionary, mate. My dictionary has that definition for "Jambo".

:wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-03-2012, 07:41 PM
My dictionaries definition of Jambo is hello. They probably meant hello, hello we are...!

Hibernia Na Eir
18-03-2012, 07:55 PM
I think you have the wrong dictionary, mate. My dictionary has that definition for "Jambo".

call it what you like, treg, jambo......they are of the same.

Dinkydoo
18-03-2012, 07:59 PM
call it what you like, treg, jambo......they are of the same.

Care to explain the "Dumfries flag" part?

I've never heard that before....

Squealing pig
18-03-2012, 08:01 PM

Was flag in their end, maroon scottish flag with dunfries unwashed onit

Sir David Gray
18-03-2012, 08:03 PM

There's a flag that hangs in the same place of the Main Stand every week with "Dumfries Hearts on it". It's got a white saltire cross on it with a maroon background.

Hermit Crab
18-03-2012, 08:16 PM

Did you spend the whole game watching what he was doing like ?

Dinkydoo
18-03-2012, 08:19 PM
There's a flag that hangs in the same place of the Main Stand every week with "Dumfries Hearts on it". It's got a white saltire cross on it with a maroon background.

Thanks, I get it now - just couldn't get my head around the "Dumfries flag" part :greengrin

Unfortunately not surprising, I seem to be seeing more and more people wearing Hearts shirts down here these days - and hardly ever any Hibs tops, aside from my own and one Hibs supporting mate's.

18-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Did you spend the whole game watching what he was doing like ?

Nope unfortunately I was watching the rubbish on the pitch but every time I did look at him, he was doing it and just making a complete arse of himself. Horrible vile club with a disgusting set of fans!

burghhibs
18-03-2012, 09:15 PM
My dictionaries definition of Jambo is hello. They probably meant hello, hello we are...!

I remember getting of a plane in Mombassa Kenya a few years ago and they were all saying Jambo (hello) took me a while to get over it!! :agree:

mca
18-03-2012, 09:58 PM
I remember getting of a plane in Mombassa Kenya a few years ago and they were all saying Jambo (hello) took me a while to get over it!! :agree:

funny you should say that -

a blue nose fat sash singing kinda neighbour of ours - took his exceptionaly large wife of his to a holiday in kenya ?? or similar..

He said the same thing when he got back - that they kept on calling him a jambo !!!

:na na:

Hibernia Na Eir
18-03-2012, 10:04 PM
funny you should say that -

a blue nose fat sash singing kinda neighbour of ours - took his exceptionaly large wife of his to a holiday in kenya ?? or similar..

He said the same thing when he got back - that they kept on calling him a jambo !!!

:na na:

much the same as each other !

sesoim
19-03-2012, 04:04 PM

You come on with an Irish Avatar and start slagging off Scotland? Fair enough slagging off some Hearts fans, but don't start on Scotland. Take a look at other countries and nationalities behavour before insulting us.

Phil D. Rolls
20-03-2012, 02:03 PM
You come on with an Irish Avatar and start slagging off Scotland? Fair enough slagging off some Hearts fans, but don't start on Scotland. Take a look at other countries and nationalities behavour before insulting us.

I don't think it's wrong to criticise the country you live in. You should just remember that no-one is making you stay here.

Vini1875
20-03-2012, 02:23 PM
Yes but if we had a black manager and he was racially abused there would be uproar, however anti-Irish abuse isn't taken so seriously as though to stand up to it would mean that there was a real sectarian problem in Edinburgh and Scotland in general. Its not just Glasgow.

Monts
20-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Yes but if we had a black manager and he was racially abused there would be uproar, however anti-Irish abuse isn't taken so seriously as though to stand up to it would mean that there was a real sectarian problem in Edinburgh and Scotland in general. Its not just Glasgow.

Seems to me that th OP has just jumped to the conclusion that it was sectarian abuse, and now people are taking it as gospel.

Should probably hold our horses before lambasting people for things that may not have even happened.

Phil D. Rolls
20-03-2012, 09:59 PM

It's a fair comment. If there has been sectarian abuse of Pat, a guest in our country, then it is to the shame of all Scotland and not just football. I hope that an example is made of Hearts to show that we welcome everyone to our country.

Hibernia Na Eir
20-03-2012, 10:06 PM

Who insulted this country? I said this country is a joke because its people gloss over events like Fenlon getting it in the neck cause of his birthplace. If you or others deny this country doesn't have an issue then pray-tell....
until then, this country is a joke.

Keith_M
21-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Who insulted this country?...... this country is a joke.

Ehhhhhm, is it just me?

This country, not your favoured one going by your avatar, is a joke because some people are racist bigots. On a thread that states that Pat Fenlon talked to the police, about which no-one except Fenlon and the Police Officer knows for certain.

Lot of assumptions, a blatant contradiction (above) and a quite sweeping statement, methinks

Backto my roots
21-03-2012, 03:43 PM
Ehhhhhm, is it just me?

This country, not your favoured one going by your avatar, is a joke because some people are racist bigots. On a thread that states that Pat Fenlon talked to the police, about which no-one except Fenlon and the Police Officer knows for certain.

Lot of assumptions, a blatant contradiction (above) and a quite sweeping statement, methinks

No-one knows what was actually said but you could put your house on it that they were screaming sectarian abuse. Just look at below for the type of bigots that follow Hearts in case you are so niave/head in the sand to believe they wouldn't!

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/edinburgh/twitter-idiot-aims-sectarian-abuse-at-hibs-ian-murray-1-2185737

Monts
21-03-2012, 03:44 PM
No-one knows what was actually said but you could put your house on it that they were screaming sectarian abuse. Just look at below for the type of bigots that follow Hearts in case you are so niave/head in the sand to believe they wouldn't!

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/edinburgh/twitter-idiot-aims-sectarian-abuse-at-hibs-ian-murray-1-2185737

A link could easily be put up about the guys that were arrested following the Ayr game. Doesnt make us all racist does it? :confused:

Keith_M
21-03-2012, 03:50 PM

I didn't deny that they could have made racist comments, I was replying to someone who stated this as fact and used this to support his view that "this country is a joke".

Please read things properly before you reply, it can make you look a bit stupid when you don't.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-03-2012, 03:54 PM
Does anyone actually know what was shouted/complained about? Yet to read anything in our trustworthy written press re the situation?

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-03-2012, 03:59 PM
took his exceptionaly large wife of his to a holiday in kenya ?? or similar..

Wasnae the elephant that was caught on camera hanging the Romanov banner out her windae by any chance was it?

Iggy Pope
21-03-2012, 04:26 PM
Who insulted this country? I said this country is a joke because its people gloss over events like Fenlon getting it in the neck cause of his birthplace. If you or others deny this country doesn't have an issue then pray-tell....

Admirable sentiments, but you are wasting your time. I was unfortunate enough to have sat in amongst those cretins on Sunday and enjoyed their definition of 'hospitality'. Hertz fans are generally vermin. They hate Catholics, despise the Irish and refer to us as Hobos with clear prejudice. Unfortunately, many of us on here forget how important it is to the keep hating the @unts back and choose instead to reject your opinion as as being 'Celtic minded'.
if we could get back to hating the *******s with similar verocity it might start reflecting on the pitch.

Sad but true.

Iggy Pope
21-03-2012, 04:29 PM
Ehhhhhm, is it just me?

Which country. The one you are in or the one you have clearly shot out of?

PatHead
21-03-2012, 04:48 PM
Move somewhere else then. Dumfries is and always has been, a hole. Maybe you'll look at things differently then.

Says the boy from Hamilton

Iggy Pope
21-03-2012, 04:51 PM
Says the boy from Hamilton

Oh dear. Don't be writing any History books now, will you? Can I suggest Google?

Hibercelona
21-03-2012, 04:54 PM

This country is a joke.

But thankfully Ireland are right next door to make us look good.

Keith_M
21-03-2012, 04:59 PM
Which country. The one you are in or the one you have clearly shot out of?

Do you have a point to what you just said?

Monts
21-03-2012, 05:03 PM
Admirable sentiments, but you are wasting your time. I was unfortunate enough to have sat in amongst those cretins on Sunday and enjoyed their definition of 'hospitality'. Hertz fans are generally vermin. They hate Catholics, despise the Irish and refer to us as Hobos with clear prejudice. Unfortunately, many of us on here forget how important it is to the keep hating the @unts back and choose instead to reject your opinion as as being 'Celtic minded'.
if we could get back to hating the *******s with similar verocity it might start reflecting on the pitch.

Sad but true.

Luckily you dont have clear preujudice...

PatHead
21-03-2012, 05:06 PM
Oh dear. Don't be writing any History books now, will you? Can I suggest Google?

Right you have got me. Tracked a player from 1900 who played for Hibs, excuse my ignorance but anything else I should know about him?

Iggy Pope
21-03-2012, 05:08 PM
Right you have got me. Tracked a player from 1900 who played for Hibs, excuse my ignorance but anything else I should know about him?

Scored a hat trick for Hibs
At Tynie.
Never came from Hamilton.
Like me

Iggy Pope
21-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Do you have a point to what you just said?

Well, you did say previously you were unlikely to be bumping into any Yams where you are. This country and wherever you are being two different places. Have you forgotten how repulsive they are?

Iggy Pope
21-03-2012, 05:13 PM
Luckily you dont have clear preujudice...

the opposite. Happy to loathe them. Only reason I log on really.

Monts
21-03-2012, 05:41 PM
the opposite. Happy to loathe them. Only reason I log on really.

Bit sad and very hypocritical.

Whatever floats your boat.

Dinkydoo
21-03-2012, 06:06 PM
Move somewhere else then. Dumfries is and always has been, a hole. Maybe you'll look at things differently then.

A profoundly pointless post if I ever saw one.

Fantic
21-03-2012, 09:24 PM
This country is great and so is Ireland! (pointless post)

Dinkydoo
21-03-2012, 09:34 PM
This country is great and so is Ireland! (pointless post)

Pointless?

Perhaps.........but at least it was positive, rather than inflammatory.

huggie1875
21-03-2012, 10:37 PM
Gentlemen please this effort slagging each other off could be put to much better use slagging the vermin in gorgie off

Jack Schmidt
21-03-2012, 11:01 PM
Just in case we missed 2 important points in that Scotsman article:

Dr John Kelly, an expert in sport and sectarianism at Edinburgh University, said: “With regards to Hibs and Hearts, it’s a tiny minority who are involved in sectarian behaviour. But it is still a problem and provides another example that it’s not just an issue for Rangers and Celtic. I cannot be certain, but this message seems to be the work of a silly wee boy. Whether it’s demonstrative of a wider problem, my gut reaction would be it’s not.”

Last week, two Hibs fans caught chanting offensive songs on the train back from a cup quarter-final became the first people convicted under controversial new anti-bigotry laws. Andrew Whitson, 28, from Longniddry, and Paul Swan, 39, from Tranent, admitted the breach under the Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communication (Scotland) Act 2012, and have both been banned from attending games for a year.

Are we both pot-kettle-black?

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-03-2012, 11:23 PM
Does anyone actually know what was shouted/complained about? Yet to read anything in our trustworthy written press re the situation?

Is that a resounding no then?

Iggy Pope
21-03-2012, 11:24 PM
Bit sad and very hypocritical.

Whatever floats your boat.

Of course, you are correct. Must be cold up on that high ground.

Iggy Pope
21-03-2012, 11:28 PM
A profoundly pointless post if I ever saw one.

Profound AND pointless? Good lad. Sometimes better saying nothing. Move. Old Edina is but an hour up the road.

Dinkydoo
22-03-2012, 07:58 AM
Profound AND pointless? Good lad. Sometimes better saying nothing. Move. Old Edina is but an hour up the road.

I didn't expect you to understand.......but really, if there is any purpose to your posts here other than to 'slag off' where I come from, do let me know. Otherwise, I suggest that we park this and move on.

I bet you are now going to tell me that this was all just an elaborate way of conveying your original message of prejudice, right? :rolleyes:

Keith_M
22-03-2012, 08:02 AM
I didn't expect you to understand.......but really, if there is any purpose to your posts here other than to 'slag off' where I come from, do let me know. Otherwise, I suggest that we park this and move on.

I bet you are now going to tell me that this was all just an elaborate way of conveying your original message of prejudice, right? :rolleyes:

No, I'm sure it's nothing so intelligent as that. He's either just a natural Troll or he's not been getting his Nat King Cole recently.

Monts
22-03-2012, 01:03 PM
Of course, you are correct. Must be cold up on that high ground.

Which high ground would that be then?

Kato
22-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Hearts are by far and away Scotland's "Third Force" when it comes to sectarianism.

TrinityHibs
22-03-2012, 04:35 PM

Could you just clarify this. I've always thought Dumfries was a fairly nice place. I accept its probably not as romantic as Paris, historic as Rome or dynamic as New York but compared to other towns of circa 30,000 in Scotland I would have thought it was in the top half. Your statement makes you sound as if you live in Annan or Dalbeattie and just suffer from wee mans syndrome:wink:

Iggy Pope
23-03-2012, 06:31 PM

You know what Dinkydoo, you're right.
I let your first post read that Dumfries had become full of Sparryheids and it affected my train of thought. I became blind with the pain of the thought.

Dumfries is a place I've enjoyed visiting many times in the past (I live in Edinburgh BTW) and my wife has family in Dumfriesshire.

I did let my prejudice get in the way (and I can do nothing about that prejudice and make no apology for it. They hate us and I am more than happy to hate them back. My remark about their use of the Hobo reference related more to the fact that they don't use it light heartedly. They widely believe us to be ghetto-inabitant junk ridden gypsies- I was smarting after Sunday and took it out on Dumfries!).

I will delete that derogatory post forthwith and hope you can accept my apology for the slur on your home town.

the Hertz and hats off to you for being a good Hibby from an outpost.

HH

Dinkydoo
23-03-2012, 06:47 PM
You know what Dinkydoo, you're right.
I let your first post read that Dumfries had become full of Sparryheids and it affected my train of thought. I became blind with the pain of the thought.

Dumfries is a place I've enjoyed visiting many times in the past (I live in Edinburgh BTW) and my wife has family in Dumfriesshire.

I did let my prejudice get in the way (and I can do nothing about that prejudice and make no apology for it. They hate us and I am more than happy to hate them back. My remark about their use of the Hobo reference related more to the fact that they don't use it light heartedly. They widely believe us to be ghetto-inabitant junk ridden gypsies- I was smarting after Sunday and took it out on Dumfries!).

I will delete that derogatory post forthwith and hope you can accept my apology for the slur on your home town.

the Hertz and hats off to you for being a good Hibby from an outpost.

HH

Dumfries has its fair share of fannies just like any other town or city in Scotland, I just didn't understand what your problem was. :greengrin:

It's cool though, we're all hurting after a derby but we should be looking forward now to the semi-final and more immediately, Dundee United the morn.

GGTTH, and of course, FTH. :flag:

Keith_M
23-03-2012, 06:48 PM
.....They widely believe us to be ghetto-inabitant junk ridden gypsies- .....

You mean we're not? My life has been turned upside down.

Right, where's ma Methadone, Ahm fair rattlin at the news...

:greengrin

Eyrie
23-03-2012, 07:50 PM
They widely believe us to be ghetto-inabitant junk ridden gypsies
I had to choose between that or being a Jambo.

No regrets.