PDA

View Full Version : Worst season in memory

KiddA
18-03-2012, 01:04 PM
All talk and no action once again, in future can Hibs ban players and staff talking to the press prior to the derby ie Ian Murray, Billy Brown and Pat Fenlon. As all we heard was the jambos are going to see a different Hibs side how we are going to be more resilient blah blah blah . We certainly talked ourselves up during the week but yet again another spineless performance in a derby.

Soul destroying stuff once again and truly embarrassing.

:yawn:

midlothianhibby
18-03-2012, 01:12 PM
All talk and no action once again, in future can Hibs ban players and staff talking to the press prior to the derby ie Ian Murray, Billy Brown and Pat Fenlon. As all we heard was the jambos are going to see a different Hibs side how we are going to be more resilient blah blah blah . We certainly talked ourselves up during the week but yet again another spineless performance in a derby.

Have to say I agree with you.

What is worse though, is that you could virtually watch 90% of the Derbys that have take place at the PBS over the last 20 years and they would all be the same.

Our level of performance at the PBS is quite frankly disgusting.

Sas_The_Hibby
18-03-2012, 01:15 PM

What is worse though, is that you could virtually watch 90% of the Derbys that have take place at the PBS over the last 20 years and they would all be the same.

Our level of performance at Easter Road isn't any better TBH. Hearts always look comfortable against us, which is a disgrace on our part.

sesoim
18-03-2012, 01:40 PM

Yip, even 1st/2nd Division teams can go to Tynecastle in Cup games and put in a better performance. You'd feel some lower division teams would have a much better chance than us just now. What does that say about our players, our tactics and our attitude?

ginger_rice
18-03-2012, 01:55 PM
Yip, even 1st/2nd Division teams can go to Tynecastle in Cup games and put in a better performance. You'd feel some lower division teams would have a much better chance than us just now. What does that say about our players, our tactics and our attitude?

I reckon attitude is one of our greatest weaknesses, however you do actually need to have ability in order to have attitude!

It's taken us years to get to this low point and unfortunately it's going to take a while to make good!

Are we any worse than in season 79/80 I'm not sure

erin go bragh
18-03-2012, 04:52 PM
Bollocks ! Could be two games away from one of our best ever seasons :greengrin
ggtth

Baldy Foghorn
18-03-2012, 04:57 PM
ggtth

Agree to a certain extent. Last season was not too clever, but this season we have a semi final to take our mind off dreadful league position, and woeful derby results....

Hibercelona
18-03-2012, 04:59 PM
ggtth

Or it could turn out to be one of our worst seasons ever if we make it to the final and land Hearts.

But i'm a glass half empty type as most know on here. :wink:

Togs91
18-03-2012, 05:03 PM
Or it could turn out to be one of our worst seasons ever if we make it to the final and land Hearts.

But i'm a glass half empty type as most know on here. :wink:

If we do get them in the final id happily take the patter of not beating them in the league all season if we took the cup off them!

Its always half full ;)

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-03-2012, 05:10 PM
In terms of desire, there simply cannot be another team in Scotland with more motivation to get a result at Tynecastle, so how do we manage to go there and trouble them less than a junior side did?

Hibercelona
18-03-2012, 05:15 PM
In terms of desire, there simply cannot be another team in Scotland with more motivation to get a result at Tynecastle, so how do we manage to go there and trouble them less than a junior side did?

Because the players don't feel the same way the fans do.

11 Hibs fans would have shown far more passion and fight on the pitch today.

AFKA5814_Hibs
18-03-2012, 05:28 PM
Talk is cheap, we all read how this team would be different to the last one which played in the derby, yet another let down.

However, I wouldn't right now say it is the worst season in memory, it still could be, but it might also turn out ok.

DaveF
18-03-2012, 05:32 PM
Talk is cheap, we all read how this team would be different to the last one which played in the derby, yet another let down.

However, I wouldn't right now say it is the worst season in memory, it still could be, but it might also turn out ok.

Agree P.

Fenlon made plenty of comment about changing the mindset after the new year derby and gave it the usual tub thumping stuff in the brochure that landed in my house yesterday pleading for £405 off me.

Yet, we get the same piss poor effort from those in green. Not even a hint of improvement.

Pathetic.

HibbyAndy
18-03-2012, 05:57 PM
Agree P.

Fenlon made plenty of comment about changing the mindset after the new year derby and gave it the usual tub thumping stuff in the brochure that landed in my house yesterday pleading for £405 off me.

Yet, we get the same piss poor effort from those in green. Not even a hint of improvement.

Pathetic.

Spot on Dave.

Im sick to the back teeth hearing what we will do to Hearts or how we will be much better this time blah blah ****ing blah!!!!!..Stop spouting so much crap in the press and go out and do it..I can handle getting beat by hearts but i cant handle the manor in which time and time and time and time and time and time again Hearts beat us.

Either shut your trap or talk the talk.

edwards
18-03-2012, 06:00 PM

Totaly agree all managemnt and players should be banned from talking to the press,Stevenson was forever in the paper for a while.
Why in gods name especially in the present climate where wins have been few and far between would you want to set yourself up for a fall.
The amount of times we have done it this season is scandolous,lets just do our talking on the park EH :rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
18-03-2012, 06:27 PM
Totaly agree all managemnt and players should be banned from talking to the press,Stevenson was forever in the paper for a while.
Why in gods name especially in the present climate where wins have been few and far between would you want to set yourself up for a fall.
The amount of times we have done it this season is scandolous,lets just do our talking on the park EH :rolleyes:

Then some would moan that nothing was coming out of the club.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-03-2012, 06:32 PM
Wtf?