PDA

View Full Version : Stupid substitutions

Hibbyradge
18-03-2012, 02:00 PM
I wasn't impressed with the way Fenlon pot the team up, and less impressed with the substitutions.

We were away from home against a side which always takes the game to us. We should have started 4 5 1.

Them when it was obvious that O'Donovan was offering nothing, we should have brought a midfielder on but we gifted the middle to them.

We ended with 3 strikers but no one to create any chances.

Cropley10
18-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Agree. Thought he got the last Derby wrong as well.

matty_f
18-03-2012, 02:11 PM
:agree: Have to say I expected more from Fenlon's Hibs side than showed up today.

Tactics all wrong. I can understand the team selection given we were missing Ozzy, but at no point did we have a grip on the midfield and that essentially lost us the game.

blackpoolhibs
18-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Perm any 11 from this squad, and sub who you like when you like, = the same result every time. They are up for this game much more than we ever are, no matter who we pick.

Onion
18-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Perm any 11 from this squad, and sub who you like when you like, = the same result every time. They are up for this game much more than we ever are, no matter who we pick.

You could put 11 of the Hearts admin staff out against the Hibs and they'd pump us. Just need to accept that the Yams and their fans have one almighty chip on their shoulders that will always result in this fixture being more meaningful to them. The Yams are struggling to win any matches these days, don't pay their players, have key players out, and yet .... inevitably beat Hibs for fun.

Makaveli
18-03-2012, 02:23 PM
Wotherspoon was offering so much more than Soares (gutless) and f****ing Claros (again)... baffling.

O'Donovan was putting himself about, with little luck admittedly, so why take him off when we need a goal? Take a risk! Same when Stack wanted to go up late on and was denied. A defeat's a defeat... at least die fighting FFS.

hibs0666
18-03-2012, 02:29 PM

Yup, we are beaten before a ball is kicked against that mob.

sesoim
18-03-2012, 02:36 PM
Yup, we are beaten before a ball is kicked against that mob.

Unfortunately it seems that way. Only a big clearout on our part and an enforced clearout on their part will change things for next season.

Big Ed
18-03-2012, 02:46 PM

I agree. This had **** all to do with Fenlon getting his tactics wrong.

Hibi
18-03-2012, 03:12 PM
I agree. This had **** all to do with Fenlon getting his tactics wrong.

Absolutely, this is the biggest game they have and they make sure everyone of their players understands that no matter whether they are foreign or a youngster. From top to bottom that game appears to mean a lot more to them than it does to us.

That said they did get their goal from a player signed on loan when they cant even pay the ones they have....frustrating

chinaman
18-03-2012, 03:47 PM
Wotherspoon was offering so much more than Soares (gutless) and f****ing Claros (again)... baffling.

O'Donovan was putting himself about, with little luck admittedly, so why take him off when we need a goal? Take a risk! Same when Stack wanted to go up late on and was denied. A defeat's a defeat... at least die fighting FFS. for pitbull read.......tenacious, fearless,brave ,unbreakable spirit,. supremely fit. so how did claros gain that name someones having a laugh.

Hibbyradge
18-03-2012, 03:56 PM
.. at least die fighting FFS.

Id rather win by getting the game plan right.

Losing Francombe was a real blow, but we gifted them the midfield.

blackpoolhibs
18-03-2012, 04:19 PM

I'm not sure Fenlon could be blamed for Wotherspoon Claros, Soares and Stevenson disapearing, we were a bit short in there with Sproule and O'Sbourne not being available, but even if they were, i doubt the result would be any different? :boo hoo:

Big Ed
18-03-2012, 04:41 PM

I agree O'Donovan was largely anonymous, but if we had left Griffiths on his own up front; Fenlon would have been criticised for leaving him isolated.
Playing a 4-5-1 effectively involves midfielders going to support the striker, but of the midfield we had out today, only Soares is likely to do that.
Looking at the bench, the only midfielder we had was Towell. It is difficult for me to imagine Richie's inclusion making the difference today.

Makaveli
18-03-2012, 05:59 PM

Well personally I'd rather lose than win. Obviously.

What a pointless comment.

Hibbyradge
18-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Well personally I'd rather lose than win. Obviously.

What a pointless comment.

lol

I see what you did there.

Baldy Foghorn
18-03-2012, 06:20 PM
Pat Fenlon saying we never played in the first half and were much better in the second, and if we have started the game in that manner it would have been a different game. Hard to argue with his comments.

blackpoolhibs
18-03-2012, 06:24 PM
Pat Fenlon saying we never played in the first half and were much better in the second, and if we have started the game in that manner it would have been a different game. Hard to argue with his comments.

We did play better in the 2nd half, and if O'Donovan had scored with that header it would have made a huge difference, but he never and it didn't. :boo hoo: It would have papered over the cracks for another week if we'd drawn, but again we failed to turn up in a derby, who can blame the fans for doing the same?

bingo70
18-03-2012, 06:25 PM

That's not good enough and totally inexcusable and I sincerely hope fenlon let's the players know that.

Hopefully he absolutely hammers them in training for this.

Hibbyradge
18-03-2012, 06:28 PM
That's not good enough and totally inexcusable and I sincerely hope fenlon let's the players know that.

Hopefully he absolutely hammers them in training for this.

:agree:

Punish, punish, punish. Always works lol

Baldy Foghorn
18-03-2012, 06:30 PM
We did play better in the 2nd half, and if O'Donovan had scored with that header it would have made a huge difference, but he never and it didn't. :boo hoo: It would have papered over the cracks for another week if we'd drawn, but again we failed to turn up in a derby, who can blame the fans for doing the same?

It was an instinctive save by their keeper, but at least he tells it like it is, and hopefully he keeps drumming the message into our players, that we have to be stronger and not let other teams boss us.

blackpoolhibs
18-03-2012, 06:37 PM
It was an instinctive save by their keeper, but at least he tells it like it is, and hopefully he keeps drumming the message into our players, that we have to be stronger and not let other teams boss us.

Aye we need to be stronger you can say that again, i dont see it with this bunch of players. Apart from one or two, it was the same old story, 2nd best in the tackle, 2nd best when jumping for headers, 2nd best to nearly every ball, and it ended in finishing 2nd best again.

I really despair at our club going in against that lot, even when we play better than them and we have over the last few seasons, they still beat us. :grr:

Sammy7nil
18-03-2012, 06:38 PM
:agree:

Punish, punish, punish. Always works lol

Pat should shake them all by the hand give them a Big cuddle say well done boys. Drive them all up to Tiger Lilly chuck the 1st ton in the kitty and gave them the next couple of days off.

Always works.

Baldy Foghorn
18-03-2012, 06:45 PM
Aye we need to be stronger you can say that again, i dont see it with this bunch of players. Apart from one or two, it was the same old story, 2nd best in the tackle, 2nd best when jumping for headers, 2nd best to nearly every ball, and it ended in finishing 2nd best again.

I really despair at our club going in against that lot, even when we play better than them and we have over the last few seasons, they still beat us. :grr:

Agree , I can't understand why this is the case though, they always seem so much more up for it than us.....Its mind blowing....

Hibbyradge
18-03-2012, 06:55 PM
Pat should shake them all by the hand give them a Big cuddle say well done boys. Drive them all up to Tiger Lilly chuck the 1st ton in the kitty and gave them the next couple of days off.

Always works.

Oh dear.

Is that the only other option you can come up with?

Sammy7nil
18-03-2012, 07:00 PM
Oh dear.

Is that the only other option you can come up with?

No I can think of a LOT more.

Hibbyradge
18-03-2012, 07:16 PM
No I can think of a LOT more.

lol