PDA

View Full Version : yet again

Pretty Boy
18-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Hearts want a Derby more.

Second to every ball in midfield. Let an injured Ian Black control the game in about 15 yards of space. Don't win a header against Webster or Darren ****ing Barr all day, don't get me started on Hanlon, how many Hearts forwards are going to bully him before he mans up. Claros the pitbull, poodle more like.

**** it, I'm off to the Roseburn to get drunk.

matty_f
18-03-2012, 01:06 PM
:agree:

Talk is cheap, Pat. Desperate to get behind you with your message that we shouldn't have an inferiority complex but **** me, you don't make it easy when yet again we roll over to that shower of sh**e.

I don't know if it's bottle or what, but Fenlon needs to make sorting out our performances in derbies his number 1 f*****g priority.

blackpoolhibs
18-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Different day, same ****. :rolleyes:

The Voice Of Reason
18-03-2012, 01:09 PM
:agree:

Talk is cheap, Pat. Desperate to get behind you with your message that we shouldn't have an inferiority complex but **** me, you don't make it easy when yet again we roll over to that shower of sh**e.

I don't know if it's bottle or what, but Fenlon needs to make sorting out our performances in derbies his number 1 f*****g priority.

It is simple, they are better than us, look fitter than us and clearly want it more.

Wotherspoon in the starting 11......I mean FFS, that says it all. :grr:

blackpoolhibs
18-03-2012, 01:10 PM

Second to every ball in midfield. Let an injured Ian Black control the game in about 15 yards of space. Don't win a header against Webster or Darren ****ing Barr all day, don't get me started on Hanlon, how many Hearts forwards are going to bully him before he mans up. Claros the pitbull, poodle more like.

Hanlon is a poor central defender, will never make it to a better standard imo. He's not alone there, the club are full of them. You could go through this squad of players, and say Hibs are the pinacle of your career, and we are a poor Hibs side.

The Harp Awakes
18-03-2012, 01:13 PM

Yep, I think the stats on the game would show that Hearts won about 90% of the 2nd balls which is really a measure of how much more they wanted to win the game than Hibs. Just can't understand that.

An action replay of so many recent derbies - 2 poor teams but as ever Hearts coming out on top.

AlbertK86
18-03-2012, 01:15 PM
The first half was absolutely dire. No fight no passion no tackling no passing just kick anywhere.
Worst of all Spoony. He moved like a snail and tippy tappy every time he got the ball.
Hanlon back to his old habits of not being able to clear properly with head or foot. Them hot long high balls to our two dwarfs up front

No cup win this year with that attitude and we are in real danger of going down

Sas_The_Hibby
18-03-2012, 01:20 PM
Do Hearts care more than us? It often looks like it.

Having said that, we seemed to put in more effort in the second half, but barely ever got the ball into their box, and when we did Hibs players seemed to stand around waiting for something to happen, rather than attacking the ball. yet another failure in the basics, I'd say.

easty
18-03-2012, 01:20 PM
Hanlon is a poor central defender, will never make it to a better standard imo. He's not alone there, the club are full of them. You could go through this squad of players, and say Hibs are the pinacle of your career, and we are a poor Hibs side.

Brilliant, Hanlon does nothing wrong today and still you'll pick him out. I thought he played fairly well today.

The Voice Of Reason
18-03-2012, 01:21 PM
The first half was absolutely dire. No fight no passion no tackling no passing just kick anywhere.
Worst of all Spoony. He moved like a snail and tippy tappy every time he got the ball.
Hanlon back to his old habits of not being able to clear properly with head or foot. Them hot long high balls to our two dwarfs up front

Agreed. I think Wotherspoon is one of the worst Hibs players I have ever seen. How he is a professional football player I will never know.

He is that bad that he actually stands out as being so, even in a dreadully bad team.

easty
18-03-2012, 01:23 PM

I didnt enjoy the long ball game from our centre halfs today (both of them mind, not just Hanlon) but when your midfield arent interested in collecting it and making something happen then what do you expect them to do? Claros occassionaly wanted to be on the ball, he was the only one though, and it was only occassionaly.

Cameron1875
Brilliant, Hanlon does nothing wrong today and still you'll pick him out. I thought he played fairly well today.

Except a shocking header that gave beattie a great chance. He's gash but isn't the only one. Stack and Doherty were ok but rest can GTF.

fit o' the walk
Same old story,THEY WANTED IT,MORE THAN HIBS.The Question is WHY ? We should be well up for a Derby game,Fenlon states before the game "We will see a more resilent Hibs today,who wouldn't just roll over" They didn't just roll over,they put their hands up and just surrendered. Really disappointed so far in Claros,so much hype over him beforehand. SPL survival is what it's all about now.

easty
18-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Except a shocking header that gave beattie a great chance. He's gash but isn't the only one. Stack and Doherty were ok but rest can GTF.

Oh aye, you're right, I'd forgot about that header. Quick somebody pass me my lynching rope....

easty
18-03-2012, 01:28 PM
Same old story,THEY WANTED IT,MORE THAN HIBS.The Question is WHY ? We should be well up for a Derby game,Fenlon states before the game "We will see a more resilent Hibs today,who wouldn't just roll over" They didn't just roll over,they put their hands up and just surrendered. Really disappointed so far in Claros,so much hype over him beforehand. SPL survival is what it's all about now.

The type of player Claros is, he's never going to look good in our team. He's looks very comfortable on the ball, good touch and fairly composed. He's not going to pick up the ball and drive 30 yards beating players though. So he needs players moving off him and looking for a pass. We had Soares and Stevenson static around him.

Broken Gnome
18-03-2012, 01:29 PM
We were a bit daft to hype a defensive midfielder in hindsight, he's not about being flash or a matchwinner so was never going to be the superstar people wanted.

That said, you'd expect him not to let Ian Black pish all over us. Again. Looked lost without Osborne beside him.

Wotherspiniesta
18-03-2012, 01:36 PM
It is simple, they are better than us, look fitter than us and clearly want it more.

Keep it up. :aok:

Viva_Palmeiras
18-03-2012, 01:37 PM
I want the club to ban staff from claiming it's just another game all worth the same 3 points.

To say play the game and not the occasion may be fine in public but of the players can't prepare to peak and play the the adequate passion for a derby what's the point?

If you say it's just like any other game you get performances that treat it like any other game.
Very disappointed in the performance today and a little miffed with Fenlon what if anything is he learning from these derby matches are the players just not made of the right stuff or does he not know how to play against hearts?

hibsbollah
18-03-2012, 01:38 PM
Going against the grain here but i thought Claros was OK today. Black didnt dictate the play as much as he did at ER, the midfield battle was pretty even IMO. The problem was the constant long diagonal balls which i assume was because Fenlon targetted their fullbacks as weaknessess. Unfortunately, Kujabi and Soares were poor, Francombe went
t off injured and we had no width. Grainger had a field day.

Fans were good. Heads up Hibs :flag:

matty_f
18-03-2012, 01:40 PM
Keep it up. :aok:

What did he say that was wrong there?:confused:

I want the club to ban staff from claiming it's just another game all worth the same 3 points.

To say play the game and not the occasion may be fine in public but of the players can't prepare to peak and play the the adequate passion for a derby what's the point?

If you say it's just like any other game you get performances that treat it like any other game.
Very disappointed in the performance today and a little miffed with Fenlon what if anything is he learning from these derby matches are the players just not made of the right stuff or does he not know how to play against hearts?

:agree: I seem to remember Miller having the 'same as any other game' approach to derbies and that worked well for us.:rolleyes:

I think we all need to have a look at ourselves when it comes to the derbies, from the top down. We simply lack the attitude that we'll beat them and it's not good enough.

blackpoolhibs
18-03-2012, 01:41 PM

Hanlon was pish, bullied all day, couldn't pass water and way too slow, he was not alone. Here's my view on the others for you.

Stack, did well a couple of decent saves, came off his line well too. 7
Francombe not on long enough 3
Doherty pish 4
McPake not much wrong, not his best game but not much wrong. 6
Hanlon, poor all game, cant win a header or pass the ball 5 yards, and slower than a week in saughton. 4
Kujabi tried hard, never lay down tried to get forward 6
Wotherspoon, 2 get rid absolute pish.
Claros disappeared for 90 minutes 2
Stevenson tried hard, but he's never been good enough, but is a trier. 6
Griffiths very poor 4
O'Donovan very poor, could have made amends with his chance. 4
O'Conner he's a joke of an athlete. 1
Doyle, not on long 1

Wotherspiniesta
18-03-2012, 01:49 PM
What did he say that was wrong there?:confused:

"The Voice Of Reason" has a bee in his bonnet with regards to Spoony. To quote the OP..."yet again" he's trying to turn it into a witchhunt against the guy.

blackpoolhibs
18-03-2012, 01:52 PM
"The Voice Of Reason" has a bee in his bonnet with regards to Spoony. To quote the OP..."yet again" he's trying to turn it into a witchhunt against the guy.

I dont have anything against Wotherspoon, but i certainly cant remember the last time he had even a semi decent game? He imo should be one of the first players out the door in the summer, nowhere near good enough if Hibs are to improve.

The Voice Of Reason
18-03-2012, 01:55 PM
[QUOTE=matty_f;3152044]What did he say that was wrong there?:confused:

Don't worry Matty, I am used to it from Wotherspoonista !

I have made it clear on a large number of occasions that I think Wotherspoon is a dreadful football player who offers next to nothing to Hibs (it is not his fault he is picked to be fair.......quite why Fenlon picks him is something only our own little "Irish Genius" can answer).

Wotherspoonista (as her username would suggest) has a wee soft spot for Wotherspoon I think :embarrass

Beefster
18-03-2012, 01:57 PM

Wotherspoon's a complete passenger. Liam Miller had a bigger heart.

The Voice Of Reason
18-03-2012, 01:57 PM
I dont have anything against Wotherspoon, but i certainly cant remember the last time he had even a semi decent game? He imo should be one of the first players out the door in the summer, nowhere near good enough if Hibs are to improve.

Spot on BH. :top marks

I have nothing against the guy personally either, I actually think he seems like a decent lad.

But the facts are that he has been rank for ages now - "Wotherspoonista" cannot seem to accept that and thinks I have a "bee in my bonnet" !!!!! :faf:

carnoustiehibee
18-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Agree with your summary Blackpool apart from Leigh , thought he tried hard, did alot of good work on his own.

Wotherspiniesta
18-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Congratulations. Bandwagon firmly jumped on.

KingFranck
18-03-2012, 02:00 PM

Probably the biggest problem at ER we look unfit compared to not only Hearts but the rest of the league. Ridiculous when you think they are professional players. I honestly think I could out run Soares, Stevenson and Claros today and I've not played footy for 13 years! Do theses guys make any use of the facilities at East Mains or do they just play on the xboxes and playstations ?
imposters the lot of them

easty
18-03-2012, 02:02 PM
Hanlon was pish, bullied all day, couldn't pass water and way too slow, he was not alone. Here's my view on the others for you.

Doherty pish 4
Hanlon, poor all game, cant win a header or pass the ball 5 yards, and slower than a week in saughton. 4
Griffiths very poor 4
Doyle, not on long 1

Love it. Stevenson a 6. That's priceless. Hibs.net love affair with Lewis Stevenson at its best.:faf:

The Voice Of Reason
18-03-2012, 02:03 PM

EH ?!?!?!? :idiot:

blackpoolhibs
18-03-2012, 02:04 PM

Dont accuse me of joining any bandwagon, i'm big enough and ugly enough to make my own decision about players at easter road.

Can you remember the last good game he had, and give a reason just why he should be in the side?:confused:

marinello59
18-03-2012, 02:04 PM
Love it. Stevenson a 6. That's priceless. Hibs.net love affair with Lewis Stevenson at its best.:faf:

That will be the same Stevenson that was persistently slaughtered on here for months. A strange love affair.

chrisski33
18-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Perhaps we shouldnt pay our players as that works for them!

marinello59
18-03-2012, 02:06 PM
Dont accuse me of joining any bandwagon, i'm big enough and ugly enough to make my own decision about players at easter road.

Can you remember the last good game he had, and give a reason just why he should be in the side?:confused:

:top marks I agree totally.

:greengrin

easty
18-03-2012, 02:07 PM
That will be the same Stevenson that was persistently slaughtered on here for months. A strange love affair.

youre denying the existence of the hibs.net Lewis Stevenson love in?

The Voice Of Reason

Don't waste your time BH - I don't think you will get a sensible answer.

As to the reason why he should be in the team - that question must also be posed to Fenlon.....why oh why does he pick him ?!? :confused:

blackpoolhibs
:top marks I agree totally.

:giruy: :greengrin

marinello59
18-03-2012, 02:08 PM
youre denying the existence of the hibs.net Lewis Stevenson love in?

He has had credit for improved performances under Fenlon recently but I wouldn't call it a love in. Unless I wanted to sneer dismissively at those who don't share my own view point 100% of course.

marinello59
18-03-2012, 02:09 PM
:giruy: :greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
18-03-2012, 02:13 PM

You're certainly big and ugly :greengrin

Seriously though. What was the original post about? About how yet again we don't turn up against Hearts.

The Voice of Reason singles Spoony out and here you are going " Yeh, yeh. He's pish, utter garbage " So why don't you be big and ugly about it and not just jump on the bandwagon BH.

There's not much point in me commenting about Spoony's performance as thats not what this thread is about. If you or if "The Voice of Reason" want to start a thread about what a terrible player he is then go for it.

So getting back to the original point of the thread! Yes, they wanted it more. We should have taken advantage of Darren Barr playing centre back. He's definately a weak link. And I'd loved to have seen us attack Grainger a lot more directly as he's utter pish.

blackpoolhibs
18-03-2012, 02:20 PM
You're certainly big and ugly :greengrin

Seriously though. What was the original post about? About how yet again we don't turn up against Hearts.

The Voice of Reason singles Spoony out and here you are going " Yeh, yeh. He's pish, utter garbage " So why don't you be big and ugly about it and not just jump on the bandwagon BH.

There's not much point in me commenting about Spoony's performance as thats not what this thread is about. If you or if "The Voice of Reason" want to start a thread about what a terrible player he is then go for it.

So getting back to the original point of the thread! Yes, they wanted it more. We should have taken advantage of Darren Barr playing centre back. He's definately a weak link. And I'd loved to have seen us attack Grainger a lot more directly as he's utter pish.

All thread go off in a tangent during their time on the board, i commented on what was said during the thread. i could have started a new one about Wotherspoon, i would then have been accused of singling him out.

He's been awful now for over a year, i did ask you to tell me his last decent game but you have conveniently ignored that, preferring to go off accusing folk of jumping on the bandwagon.

Why dont you defend him, giving facts of games and performances to dismiss mine and others condemnation of him? It should be easy enough, no?

bingo70
18-03-2012, 02:22 PM

Doherty pish 4
Griffiths very poor 4
Doyle, not on long 1

I was absolutely slated on here for saying just that, and pretty sure you were in agreement with the majority.

blackpoolhibs
18-03-2012, 02:28 PM
I was absolutely slated on here for saying just that, and pretty sure you were in agreement with the majority.

I have always been of the mind he's not good enough if we are to improve as a side, :confused: but he's been the best of a bad bunch this season, and there are a few i'd punt before him.

NAE NOOKIE
18-03-2012, 02:30 PM
The first half we were so out of the game it was unbeleivable, we were second to every ball and did nothing when we did have it.

We kept hitting long balls to two dwarfs up front and the Yams were so confident that their central defenders would win it that their midfield didnt even go back to defend so that they were all in midfield when the Yam defenders header landed there.

Second half we should have had a free kick right at the end on the edge of the box, but the ref gibbed it.

Nae problem with losing the second goal coz we were pushing for it and it was always possible that would happen, but we wasted two good free kick chances with poor efforts from Griffiths and O'Connor before that.

The bottom line is that with a whole new team ( more or less ) we still came out second best result wise and performance wise to an average Yam team.

Its becoming so common place I for one cant think of when we will next beat them. If we dont have the worst derby record in the world we must be way up there.

Over to you Hibs, because I for one am becoming tired of having the p1ss taken out of me by Yams 3 or 4 times every year.

Wotherspiniesta
18-03-2012, 02:30 PM
All thread go off in a tangent during their time on the board, i commented on what was said during the thread. i could have started a new one about Wotherspoon, i would then have been accused of singling him out.

He's been awful now for over a year, i did ask you to tell me his last decent game but you have conveniently ignored that, preferring to go off accusing folk of jumping on the bandwagon.

Why dont you defend him, giving facts of games and performances to dismiss mine and others condemnation of him? It should be easy enough, no?

Wotherspoon done fine today. He put in some excellent crosses infact. Our best two chances came from dangerous deliveries from him. He drifted out the game and got caught on the ball a couple of times. You could even argue that after he came off, our good start to the 2nd half soon evaporated. But that was probably more because of the change of formation. It was by no means his best game, but just about everyone was below par today and there was a general lethargy about everything we attempted. His last good game was against Aberdeen, which was nearly the last game that he started.

IWasThere2016
18-03-2012, 02:32 PM

Doherty pish 4
Griffiths very poor 4
Doyle, not on long 1

Bar a point here or there that's pretty bang on IMO. Spoony has to go :agree:

blackpoolhibs
18-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Wotherspoon done fine today. He put in some excellent crosses infact. Our best two chances came from dangerous deliveries from him. He drifted out the game and got caught on the ball a couple of times. You could even argue that after he came off, our good start to the 2nd half soon evaporated. But that was probably more because of the change of formation. It was by no means his best game, but just about everyone was below par today and there was a general lethargy about everything we attempted. His last good game was against Aberdeen, which was nearly the last game that he started.

Clearly at the wind up. I'm out.:rolleyes:

Wotherspiniesta
18-03-2012, 02:35 PM

Which part do you disagree with?

just_joe
18-03-2012, 02:37 PM

LOL I think your trying to back up your username buddy. wotherspoon was as much use as a nuns minge. Bit like the rest of them though.

18-03-2012, 02:38 PM
Simply not good enough. Once again we are humiliated in a derby because we just allow them to boss the game and bully us. Ian Black (as much as i despise the little rodent for his dirty, cheating habits he has) dominated the midfield.

Jones28
18-03-2012, 02:41 PM
Typical .net reaction to a Derby defeat. Why is Wotherspoon being blamed for losing a fixture that is won and lost in the midfield? The whole midfield were poor today. Claros and Stevenson in the middle were overpowered by Taouil and Black. Osbourne was a massive miss. The entire midfield was poor, so I don't understand why Spoony is being singled out for a drubbing from yous.

Attacking we were poor as well, Griffiths tried hard but him and O'donovan had no service apart from the occasional ball humped up-field. When O'connor came on he got booked and blasted a free-kick into the wall. Says it all.

Hibs7
18-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Not seen it but could Stack have done anything about the goals ??

Beefster
18-03-2012, 02:44 PM
Not seen it but could Stack have done anything about the goals ??

The first - not really. He didn't look too clever at the second though.

Wotherspiniesta
18-03-2012, 02:45 PM
LOL I think your trying to back up your username buddy. wotherspoon was as much use as a nuns minge. Bit like the rest of them though.

Again, which part of what I said would you disagree with?

God Petrie
18-03-2012, 02:46 PM
Maybe I was burst but didn't think we were that bad. Draw would have been a fair result.

Claros was the best footballer on the park but apparantly you need to be crippling people to be a decent player in the SPL.

Sir David Gray
18-03-2012, 02:55 PM
We had a few decent chances today but we were totally out of the match for long periods of the first half. We were better in the second half but it's the same old story against them and I'm sick of it.

Part/Time Supporter
18-03-2012, 02:57 PM
Maybe I was burst but didn't think we were that bad. Draw would have been a fair result.

Claros was the best footballer on the park but apparantly you need to be crippling people to be a decent player in the SPL.

Saying a draw would have been fair is over-egging the pudding, but I've seen a lot worse TBH. They couldn't have complained too much really if Hibs had nicked an equaliser in the second half, although they shaded it overall. It was a much closer game than the new year game. I think the biggest problem Hibs had was that O'Connor and Griffiths offered very little, which meant they hardly looked like scoring, even from some decent positions. In fact, O'Donovan came closest to scoring (the Kujabi cross in the first half and the header in the second half).

It also didn't help Hibs that the referee seemed to be applying different laws to their players. Every time they fell over (particularly Beattie), free kick. Fair dos if he had refereed the whole game like that, but Grainger assaults O'Donovan, nothing doing. Taouil had a clear foul on Kujabi that should have been a yellow card for accumulation that wasn't given. I'm still not sure what the "foul" was in that early situation where Soares won a header, Griffiths held off Webster and another player had a shot saved.

blackpoolhibs
18-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Which part do you disagree with?

Nearly all, i expect better than a couple of average free kicks to be honest from our players, he was awful today, along with a few others, You need to take those glasses off, marking him out of ten, he'd get a 2 for managing to wear the right gear.

Out the door this summer please, not been good enough now for over a year, his best games were that long ago.

Wotherspiniesta
18-03-2012, 03:34 PM
Nearly all, i expect better than a couple of average free kicks to be honest from our players, he was awful today, along with a few others, You need to take those glasses off, marking him out of ten, he'd get a 2 for managing to wear the right gear.

Out the door this summer please, not been good enough now for over a year, his best games were that long ago.

Can't even give credit when its due. "Average free kicks" ...nice one. Maybe you should put some glasses on? Then you can be a fat, ugly specky :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
18-03-2012, 03:36 PM
Can't even give credit when its due. "Average free kicks" ...nice one. Maybe you should put some glasses on? Then you can be a fat, ugly specky :greengrin

Can i borrow yours? :wink: Pehaps if i do, i can make a case for that despicable surrender today.

JimBHibees
19-03-2012, 08:56 AM
Going against the grain here but i thought Claros was OK today. Black didnt dictate the play as much as he did at ER, the midfield battle was pretty even IMO. The problem was the constant long diagonal balls which i assume was because Fenlon targetted their fullbacks as weaknessess. Unfortunately, Kujabi and Soares were poor, Francombe went
t off injured and we had no width. Grainger had a field day.

Fans were good. Heads up Hibs :flag:

I think that is right alot of his play was midfield back to defence apart from his excellent ball for Beattie's goal. There is a real lack of energy in the midfield though and thought Lewis might have got about the pitch more however 3 of the 4 midfielders looked slow. Long balls to ROD and Sparky are a waste of time to be honest as dont think we won any (even when GOC was on) and our midfiled didnt get forward enough to win the second ball.

Second half we were better but didnt really create alot our free kicks are horrific, why does Kujabi never get a shot at them as Sparky and Goc are rank at these. Their 2nd goal was woeful to lose and think Stack should have saved it as he hit it from an acute angle. 1-0 would probably have been right as their goal was the best bit of football on show. Disappointing to lose however not the end of the world, as some big games coming up.

JimBHibees
19-03-2012, 09:06 AM
Saying a draw would have been fair is over-egging the pudding, but I've seen a lot worse TBH. They couldn't have complained too much really if Hibs had nicked an equaliser in the second half, although they shaded it overall. It was a much closer game than the new year game. I think the biggest problem Hibs had was that O'Connor and Griffiths offered very little, which meant they hardly looked like scoring, even from some decent positions. In fact, O'Donovan came closest to scoring (the Kujabi cross in the first half and the header in the second half).

It also didn't help Hibs that the referee seemed to be applying different laws to their players. Every time they fell over (particularly Beattie), free kick. Fair dos if he had refereed the whole game like that, but Grainger assaults O'Donovan, nothing doing. Taouil had a clear foul on Kujabi that should have been a yellow card for accumulation that wasn't given. I'm still not sure what the "foul" was in that early situation where Soares won a header, Griffiths held off Webster and another player had a shot saved.

Webster told the ref it was a foul and he duly obliged probably sums it up. Beattie must have fallen over about 10 times each given as a foul, dear oh dear. Taoul's one on Kujabi was the most blatant foul of the game. A couple of very soft fouls for them around the box in the first half also. Another ref who IMO we dont really get even treatment off IMO. Honestly cant remember him giving us a meaningful decision ever.

SneakersO'Toole
19-03-2012, 09:17 AM
The game was lost in the first half thanks to our dismal showing. Our midfield in particular was bossed throughout.

Soares - Didn't look fit
Wotherspoon - Complete passenger
Claros - Needs to realise that he won't get the same amount of time on the ball as on the continent
Stevenson - 10/10 for effort but huffed and puffed with little end product.

We needed to score first yesterday to have a chance but once again it was Hearts who showed they wanted more and dictated play from the start. 2nd half was better but we were so toothless in attack it was frightening.

Once again I believe it comes down to ther mentality of the two teams. Hearts are no great shakes but we made them look better than they are. Both goals were avoidable IMO.

Time for the entire club to take a different approach to these games. We show no confidence in this fixture, in fact I would argue we are scared of it and this is demonstrated by a complete lack of conviction demonstrated game after game.

Cropley10
19-03-2012, 10:57 AM
... but we were so toothless in attack it was frightening ...

When was the last time we weren't?! We've not scored in open play there since 2008 and that was the first minute.

Our lack of goals has been a Club problem since Stokes left. I like Fenlon but I think this job is a big step up and guys like Doyle aren't the answer.

That said - Hearts continue to pay wages to players they can't afford and Beattie is just another one to add to the list. We tried to get Barr, Webster, Black and maybe more - but ultimately we wouldn't bankrupt ourselves to do so.

Hearts have better players - front to back. Losing again yesterday was no surprise. We've been dire for two years, why was it going to change yesterday?? :dunno:

Cropley10
19-03-2012, 11:01 AM
Webster told the ref it was a foul and he duly obliged probably sums it up. Beattie must have fallen over about 10 times each given as a foul, dear oh dear. Taoul's one on Kujabi was the most blatant foul of the game. A couple of very soft fouls for them around the box in the first half also. Another ref who IMO we dont really get even treatment off IMO. Honestly cant remember him giving us a meaningful decision ever.

It was the same in the New Year derby - Hanlon and Lewis booked inside 10 minutes. Lewis for his first tackle.

Must be great playing in a big game like that and the ref dishes out soft yellows to defenders for about the first thing they do.

If it's true that Thomson is a Hearts shareholder then it shows what a disgrace the SFA and referees are. But we've got the President of the same organisations trying to pretend he's whiter than white wrt affairs at Ibrox in his time there. The game's rigged. No question.

SneakersO'Toole
19-03-2012, 11:46 AM
When was the last time we weren't?! We've not scored in open play there since 2008 and that was the first minute.

Our lack of goals has been a Club problem since Stokes left. I like Fenlon but I think this job is a big step up and guys like Doyle aren't the answer.

That said - Hearts continue to pay wages to players they can't afford and Beattie is just another one to add to the list. We tried to get Barr, Webster, Black and maybe more - but ultimately we wouldn't bankrupt ourselves to do so.

Hearts have better players - front to back. Losing again yesterday was no surprise. We've been dire for two years, why was it going to change yesterday?? :dunno:

Because in football, week after week, the underdog can and sometimes does win.

I can accept losing to that shower if the team gave their all and were beaten by the better team on the day. However our first half display was nothing short of pathetic yesterday. It lacked all attributes required to win a derby while Hearts had it all in abundance.

They did not have to work hard for their win. Having the right attitude is half the battle for these games yet once again we were woefully short in terms of game approach and mentality. Un-acceptable IMO.

stanton10
19-03-2012, 03:35 PM
wotherspoon done fine today. He put in some excellent crosses infact. Our best two chances came from dangerous deliveries from him. He drifted out the game and got caught on the ball a couple of times. You could even argue that after he came off, our good start to the 2nd half soon evaporated. But that was probably more because of the change of formation. It was by no means his best game, but just about everyone was below par today and there was a general lethargy about everything we attempted. His last good game was against aberdeen, which was nearly the last game that he started.

i am not saying a word ,except is it spoonys mum.

Wotherspiniesta
19-03-2012, 03:40 PM
i am not saying a word ,except is it spoonys mum.

Good.

Steven_Hibs
19-03-2012, 04:10 PM

:top marks

frazeHFC
19-03-2012, 04:20 PM
I have been defending Wotherspoon for ages. I still do like him, but atm week in week out he is offering nothing to the team.

Tyler Durden
19-03-2012, 05:22 PM

I'm not sure that argument really works with yesterday's sides. Our loan players will be on just as much cash as their players. Soares is probably paid more than anyone on the field yesterday but it made no difference. Griffiths, McPake, Doherty and O'Donovan will all be on just as much money as their counterparts in maroon. Obviously not funded by Hibs of course.

With the exception of Beattie, who I think is using his time with Hearts to get fit and get a new club in the summer (as he's entitled to), you can't really say their players have much more quality than ours. Facing a midfield of Skacel, Taouil, Driver and Black we were still bullied and second to every ball. You couldn't really class Hearts as a physical side at the moment and it still looked like men vs boys at times.

Agree with your last sentence though, we've been dire for 2 years - think Fenlon will need at least another year to build a side to fix this. Our players still look like they've never met far too often. You'd have to think that Hearts will have a weaker side next year but will it affect derby results? Even when we've got a clearly better side, we still struggle to beat them.

Baldy Foghorn
19-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Interesting in the sports pull out in today's sun, they have a "it happened this week" article/column. 20 years ago this week, we lost to them, 10 years ago this week, we lost to them, then yesterday. Since I started watching derbies in the 80's we really have an abysmal record against them.....

3pm
19-03-2012, 06:31 PM
Interesting in the sports pull out in today's sun, they have a "it happened this week" article/column. 20 years ago this week, we lost to them, 10 years ago this week, we lost to them, then yesterday. Since I started watching derbies in the 80's we really have an abysmal record against them.....

Nice guys finish last.

frazeHFC
19-03-2012, 06:33 PM

12 years ago yesterday we beat them though. :agree: Might be 12 years until the next one though. :eek:

Baldy Foghorn
19-03-2012, 07:04 PM
12 years ago yesterday we beat them though. :agree: Might be 12 years until the next one though. :eek:

Haha Fraze, one sentence positive, then one negative:wink:

BEEJ
19-03-2012, 07:25 PM
:agree: Said the same on another thread recently. Even-handed, he is not.

If a ref is so inclined, he can influence the outcome of a match by booking key players on one side early doors for innocuous challenges, whilst opposing players are allowed to do almost as they please.

No proof, of course, that this was the intention as opposed to merely continued incompetence when in charge of Hibs matches.

If it's true that Thomson is a Hearts shareholder then it shows what a disgrace the SFA and referees are. But we've got the President of the same organisations trying to pretend he's whiter than white wrt affairs at Ibrox in his time there. The game's rigged. No question.
For the record, he has been in charge of 5 of our fixtures so far this season. Not only have we lost them all, we have yet to score in any of them. :cb

Source: ihibs.co.uk http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/referee_games.php?id=109&page=1