PDA

View Full Version : Garry O'Connor/Hanlon/Wotherspoon/Griffiths ..put the boot in here ..

SlickShoes
18-03-2012, 12:53 PM
I know lots of players were dire today, but this guy is as fast as me, turns like a bus, has no first touch and can't jump. What has happened to him since the start of the season? I really hope we are not keeping him on next year.

FRes Hibbie
18-03-2012, 12:58 PM
Lazy, lazy, lazy, lazy. When he's not physically fit GOC is a complete waste of space.

ggth
18-03-2012, 01:02 PM
I know lots of players were dire today, but this guy is as fast as me, turns like a bus, has no first touch and can't jump. What has happened to him since the start of the season? I really hope we are not keeping him on next year.

and Leigh Griffiths can go as well, I like to see Doyle having a run of games, also need another midfielder, cause were p1sh when Osbourne is missing

sesoim
18-03-2012, 01:04 PM
I think he has completely played himself out of a new contract. His performances are now matching his personality.

One of many who will go in the summer. Complete new team required.

SkintHibby
18-03-2012, 01:08 PM
At one point today GO was chasing a loose ball and he actually looked like he was running with a carry oot in each hand.

When he came on, I had to turn down the contrast on my TV.

Liam89
18-03-2012, 01:09 PM
and Leigh Griffiths can go as well, I like to see Doyle having a run of games, also need another midfielder, cause were p1sh when Osbourne is missing

Griffiths is good.

TheDude
18-03-2012, 01:18 PM
Players of the height and build of O'Connor always need to keep on top of their fitness. For big guy its really easy to not put in the work and suddenly see yourself become a plodding hulk on the park.

blackpoolhibs
18-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Players of the height and build of O'Connor always need to keep on top of their fitness. For big guy its really easy to not put in the work and suddenly see yourself become a plodding hulk on the park.

Garry O'Conner or Craig Beattie what a contrast today in centre forward play, one mobile wanted to work hard and bring others into play, gave his all. The other couldn't trap a bag of cement.

hibsbollah
18-03-2012, 01:29 PM
Except for maybe Benji, i cant ever remember another Hibs player going from matchwinner to disaster in less than a season. It can only be personal problems.

SteveHFC
18-03-2012, 03:09 PM
He is crap. :aok:

18-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Without his goals at the start of the season we would be in more trouble than we already are, but I agree, he is slow and contributes very little nowadays.

danhibees1875
18-03-2012, 03:17 PM
Was poor again today. :agree:

Had a ball slipped through to him at one point similar to the one he scored against them in the 10 man derby game. However this time despite starting in an offside position he still never looked like he was going to beat the defender. :rolleyes:

The_Exile
18-03-2012, 03:29 PM
Absolute ****ing embarrassment that this guy continues to pull on our shirt tbh.

Elephant Stone
18-03-2012, 03:33 PM
Shouldn't be allowed to attempt a pass longer than 5 yards, his distribution is absolutely soul destroying. Surely he must realise whenever he punts it forward we lose possession near enough every single time, unbelievable.

woodythehibee
18-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Huge over-exaggeration IMO

J-C
18-03-2012, 03:36 PM
Fed up moaning all game at him for doing exactly that, long diagonals to no one, also heading it away when easier to control on the chest and play a pass.

madabouthibs
18-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if it was revealed he was ill or something, for a player as good as him to be as poor as he is now surely can't just be a fitness issue. Ok, the guy has some personal probs just now, but he's just adding to that himself by not applying himself. May could be a very bad month for him, it would look much better going to court having secured your future. :agree:

J-C
18-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Without his goals at the start of the season we would be in more trouble than we already are, but I agree, he is slow and contributes very little nowadays.

And for those we thank him for but we need his goals now as well, we're not clear enough yet, specially if fat Jim gats the Dunfermline gig.

heretoday
18-03-2012, 03:41 PM
He's on the way out. I'd sooner have Riordan.

blackpoolhibs
18-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Can i join this bandwagon? :rolleyes: I'm fed up watching poor players given excuse after excuse. He's young, he's playing with a donkey as his partner, he does well for the under 21s. I will just judge each and every player on how THEY do playing for Hibs thank you very much.

He is as part of the problem as any player we have, Poor at passing, clumsy, slow and easily bullied. Not the greatest credentials for a centre half in my opinion.

He showed great promise when first on the scene, but come on, he needed to improve a whole lot more than he has.

hibsbollah
18-03-2012, 03:50 PM
We all WANT to like Hanlon. He just makes it hard. Agree with BH on his weaknesses, and add to that he has this need to throw his leg into a runner at the edge of the box, hardly touching him but giving up a dangerous freekick 9 times out of 10.

Pretty Boy
18-03-2012, 03:54 PM
I've praised him for improvement in recent weeks but he was piss poor today.

He need to grow a pair, I'm losing count of the Hearts forwards who bully him and his distribution is.beyond a joke. Although if we were attempting that diagonal ball we tried every time today I reckon we would still be struggling to pull it off now. Every player was guilty of that, not just Hanlon.

HIBERNIAN-0762
18-03-2012, 03:58 PM
Shouldn't be allowed to attempt a pass longer than 5 yards, his distribution is absolutely soul destroying. Surely he must realise whenever he punts it forward we lose possession near enough every single time, unbelievable.

This....

I've been saying this for an age on here but always get shot down for it, time for him to move on soon I think, the laddie just hasn't got it at this level in my opinion.

MSK
18-03-2012, 04:09 PM
Stack getting nutmegged !!!! get rid ...

markom127
18-03-2012, 04:23 PM

Stack making a world class save from a corner!! Keep him

MSK
18-03-2012, 04:27 PM
Stack making a world class save from a corner!! Keep himOi ..this is a put the boot intae them thread .. :)

markom127
18-03-2012, 04:31 PM
Oi ..this is a put the boot intae them thread .. :)
Ah i see...:wink:

Littlest Hobo
18-03-2012, 04:35 PM
Some very harsh comments regards big Gazza, my opinion is that he needs to be surrounded by good decent quality players who can give him the ball.

It's no his game to chase balls. his job is to score goals.

He is getting very little in the way of crosses or passes that put him in.

If he were to get decent service then I'd bet he'd stick away.

Unfortuately we have lacked that quality all season.
How many times has Gazza actually been played into a goalscoring position by one of his team mates?

griffiths on the other hand gets into great positions and couldn't hit water if he fell out a boat.

MSK
18-03-2012, 04:35 PM
Ah i see...:wink:I agree, was a superb stop though ..

Littlest Hobo
18-03-2012, 04:38 PM
Regards Stevenson,Wotherspoon and Hanlon.

I like them all but.......their no good enough.

My opinion is that if we continue to persist with these guys, we will lose more often than not.

Time to move them on.

BS44
18-03-2012, 04:38 PM

McPake and Doherty mesmerised at Black's pass. Francombe getting bullied by Rudi, cancel all their loan deals now.

Littlest Hobo
18-03-2012, 04:51 PM
McPake and Doherty mesmerised at Black's pass. Francombe getting bullied by Rudi, cancel all their loan deals now.

It was ablinding bit of play from Hearts in my opinion.

I actually quite like McPake and hope he stays.

MSK
18-03-2012, 05:16 PM
It was ablinding bit of play from Hearts in my opinion.

I actually quite like McPake and hope he stays.Its a put the boot in thread !!..nae positives allowed !!!! :)

Baldy Foghorn
18-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Its a put the boot in thread !!..nae positives allowed !!!! :)

It was actually a decent pass over our centre halves, and you cant argue with Beattie's first touch and finish......

Teo10
18-03-2012, 05:31 PM
Right so... for those critising Francomb.. he was on the park what, only a handfull of minutes, hardly had time to settle in before going off!

McPake... actually did nothing wrong, Doherty was marking Beattie when Black played the highball through to him otherwise he cleaned up pretty well

Stevenson... ONE, yes ONE game in the past 6-7 where he has played poor and people calling for his head?!

Hanlon who has actually started playing better with McPake at the back, wasnt too long ago everyone was going on about how solid the defence looked...

Garry as mentioned is a finisher, improve the fitness again he is there, he has that in him to score!

Spoony seems to have had a lack of confidence for ages now, he broke into the team was brilliant then a few things happened as seems a shadow

Get a grip, total KNEEJERK reactions tonight, I am as pissed off as many for getting beat once again but come on people, calling for half the teams head when for once I would say we actually fought them well for the majority of that game!

It was a bad day at the office so everyone just simmer the ****** down!

MSK
18-03-2012, 05:35 PM
It was actually a decent pass over our centre halves, and you cant argue with Beattie's first touch and finish......Baldy ..im not slating Stack mate ..its tongue & cheek from me ...the thread is a boot intae every hibs player ....nae point in having multiple threads ..just boot intae them on here ..

Oh ..& as for Fenlon ..

Baldy Foghorn
18-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Baldy ..im not slating Stack mate ..its tongue & cheek from me ...the thread is a boot intae every hibs player ....nae point in having multiple threads ..just boot intae them on here ..

Oh ..& as for Fenlon ..

Yeah I knew that,:greengrin but was thinking it was a decent goal......Not a positive mind....

HIBERNIAN-0762
18-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Right so... for those critising Francomb.. he was on the park what, only a handfull of minutes, hardly had time to settle in before going off!

McPake... actually did nothing wrong, Doherty was marking Beattie when Black played the highball through to him otherwise he cleaned up pretty well

Stevenson... ONE, yes ONE game in the past 6-7 where he has played poor and people calling for his head?!

Hanlon who has actually started playing better with McPake at the back, wasnt too long ago everyone was going on about how solid the defence looked...

Garry as mentioned is a finisher, improve the fitness again he is there, he has that in him to score!

Spoony seems to have had a lack of confidence for ages now, he broke into the team was brilliant then a few things happened as seems a shadow

Get a grip, total KNEEJERK reactions tonight, I am as pissed off as many for getting beat once again but come on people, calling for half the teams head when for once I would say we actually fought them well for the majority of that game!

Happy clapper alert...:rolleyes:

BS44
18-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Baldy ..im not slating Stack mate ..its tongue & cheek from me ...the thread is a boot intae every hibs player ....nae point in having multiple threads ..just boot intae them on here ..

Oh ..& as for Fenlon ..

Did we win the toss?

Hibercelona
18-03-2012, 05:45 PM
It was actually a decent pass over our centre halves, and you cant argue with Beattie's first touch and finish......

You could argue that he shouldn't have been in a Hearts top in the first place.

HibbyAndy
18-03-2012, 05:48 PM
Please dont forget Paul Hanlon, This guy is absolutely hopeless.

Once again we fail to turn up in an Edinburgh Derby, Anyone that firmly believes Hibs cant/wont get relegated, Take a reality check. Piss piss poor ONCE again from Hibs.

Baldy Foghorn
18-03-2012, 05:49 PM
You could argue that he shouldn't have been in a Hearts top in the first place.

You could if that's your thing, but doesn't really matter now, he is there and he scored......

MSK
18-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Did we win the toss?**** ...cannae remember ...

Elephant Stone
18-03-2012, 05:54 PM
Please dont forget Paul Hanlon, This guy is absolutely hopeless.

Once again we fail to turn up in an Edinburgh Derby, Anyone that firmly believes Hibs cant/wont get relegated, Take a reality check. Piss piss poor ONCE again from Hibs.

Hibs properly compete in a derby at Tiny once in a blue moon, we've seen some very good sides go there and lose without a wimper, it needs to change but the defeat/ performance today didn't really tell us anything new about the team and it wasn't particularly surpising. We won't get relegated.

HibbyAndy
18-03-2012, 06:02 PM
Hibs properly compete in a derby at Tiny once in a blue moon, we've seen some very good sides go there and lose without a wimper, it needs to change but the defeat/ performance today didn't really tell us anything new about the team and it wasn't particularly surpising. We won't get relegated.

Im hoping we wont either, But you cant honestly say that with 100% confidence.

Yes we CAN get relegated, And the more hibs fans that realise this the better..We are utter shight and have no devine right to be in this league, You better believe we can go down.

Elephant Stone
18-03-2012, 06:16 PM
Im hoping we wont either, But you cant honestly say that with 100% confidence.

Yes we CAN get relegated, And the more hibs fans that realise this the better..We are utter shight and have no devine right to be in this league, You better believe we can go down.

Of course we can, we're only a few points off it, but we've got enough quality in the squad to stay up, unless there's a miraculous revival for Dunfermline I'm completely confident we will. Pat's job was to mitigate the disaster left by CC and keep us in the league, I think the players he's brought in will do this, anything else is just a bonus really and we should be pretty pleased we've got a trip to Hampden to look forward to. The proper building for the future starts in the summer and hopefully there are better times in store but you never know, this season might not even turn out so bad either.

Squealing pig
18-03-2012, 06:22 PM
Claros = Kevin Mcbride on a bad day! Gaz- wit happened son , Wotherspoon has peaked and he's murder, hanlon would he cut it in first division? doubt it

HH81
18-03-2012, 06:24 PM
Stack should have saved the 2nd too. :agree:

Squealing pig
18-03-2012, 06:25 PM
Forgot griffiths but although had a bad game and lost cash as I had him first goal gie the laddie a chance know a previous coach of his the lad can be a genius

Hibernia Na Eir
18-03-2012, 06:27 PM
what an experience for Beattie.

brand new club yet not getting paid.

he would've known this possible scenario though.
Sums up everything thats wrong at that mob.

blackpoolhibs
18-03-2012, 06:30 PM

I dont think so, it was a placed shot in the only part of the goal he couldn't reach in my opinion? One of only a couple who got pass marks from me.

HH81
18-03-2012, 07:11 PM
I dont think so, it was a placed shot in the only part of the goal he couldn't reach in my opinion? One of only a couple who got pass marks from me.

I guess that's why if everyone had the same opinion then it would be a dull message board.

I still think he should have done better, looked a weak shot and seemed to bounce over his hand to me. If Hibs are to improve we need better standard of keeper.

Littlest Hobo
18-03-2012, 07:14 PM

What about the defending? Claros was at fault, it was a well placed shot after that.

SquashedFrogg
18-03-2012, 07:26 PM

Put the crack pipe down and step away from the microwave...

hiberactive
18-03-2012, 07:28 PM
Surely his last derby.Just seen the goals again,the second one,dear oh dear.

Steven_Hibs
18-03-2012, 08:29 PM
Hanlon must go! Thats is all

TrinityHibs
18-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Lewis has been our best player this season but .net knows he isnt Hibs class so give him the bullet. Also David David David Wotherspoon. So bad he is not only the least talented Hibs player ever (copyright Voice of Reason) but he is also personally responsible for the global economic meltdown, Syrian counter terrorism measures, the tram fiasco and the X Factor. Just go. Then there's McPake week in week out he's the heart and soul of the team, he pushes the weaker guys on (other than DW who cannot be arsed - VOR) and makes Paul Hanlon look like a good player. Didnae happen apparently. In the bin with him. Alan O'Brian did nothing wrong today lets get him back and Konte and Zibi and ....................

Baldy Foghorn
18-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Lewis has been our best player this season but .net knows he isnt Hibs class so give him the bullet. Also David David David Wotherspoon. So bad he is not only the least talented Hibs player ever (copyright Voice of Reason) but he is also personally responsible for the global economic meltdown, Syrian counter terrorism measures, the tram fiasco and the X Factor. Just go. Then there's McPake week in week out he's the heart and soul of the team, he pushes the weaker guys on (other than DW who cannot be arsed - VOR) and makes Paul Hanlon look like a good player. Didnae happen apparently. In the bin with him. Alan O'Brian did nothing wrong today lets get him back and Konte and Zibi and ....................

Haha dont diss the X factor...

stanton10
18-03-2012, 08:47 PM

How much drink have you had ,wake up man.

lucjon
18-03-2012, 09:34 PM
:thumbsup:

Teo10
18-03-2012, 10:07 PM
How much drink have you had ,wake up man.

Are you kidding?! So everything good over the past 3/4 weeks now counts for nothing after 90 mins of football?!

Aye, very good.

Northernhibee
18-03-2012, 10:07 PM

:top marks

This thread shows how 75% of the people who post on here know **** all about football.

silverhibee
18-03-2012, 10:33 PM

:agree:

May have took a bobble but should have done better.

Patatango
18-03-2012, 11:05 PM
If only our players where as good as our fans, we'd almost be the best team in the league...

Wotherspiniesta
19-03-2012, 01:34 AM
Some of the posts on here are completely embarassing.

Teo's about the only one who has engaged his brain before typing.

A bit of perspective here. Right we got beat by Hearts. Of course it bothers us....But what's new? Christ we've been 2nd best to them for years now. Does all the graft shown by the players in the last month or so (getting to a semi final, clawing away from Dunfermline, keeping numerous clean sheets!) just get flung out the window because we got beat by a team who ups their game about 5 times a season?

Obviously we're pissed off we got beat by Hearts. But FFS, strap on a pair. You all sound like a bunch of greetin' bairns.

BS44
19-03-2012, 03:39 AM
Put the crack pipe down and step away from the microwave...

Sack the physio and club doctor as well! Imagine not letting Francombe back on the park with a head injury, its only a concussion after all. And his throw in in the first minute was rubbish, he threw it straight out the park. If he had threw that shy to a Hibs player then we win that game, fact.

spike220
19-03-2012, 06:54 AM

This is Hibs we dont do walking away...............:giruy::giruy:

Albion Hibs
19-03-2012, 09:04 AM
The whole team was pretty guff. In a game where they did nothing of any real merit we failed to test them. Osborne seems to take a fair bit of abuse on here, but missing him and Sproule was probably the most significant factors for us.

I dont blame O'Connor for not being the big target man and holding the ball up. I would think most, if not all CF's in the league would stuggle to do that against Webster, so quite why we insist on punting it up is beyond me.

McPake needs to shoulder the blame for me as well. The ball over the top, route one and he is beaten. A decent finish by the player they have signed when they are not paying wages, take a bow rulers of the SPL.

Brightside
19-03-2012, 10:10 AM
The team was 2nd to almost every tackle, and for lots of them actually pulled out of tackles. They are all lacking the balls to win a game of football now. No pride, no passion, and almost no ability.

keep the faith
19-03-2012, 10:14 AM

A bit of perspective here. Right we got beat by Hearts. Of course it bothers us....But what's new? Christ we've been 2nd best to them for years now. Does all the graft shown by the players in the last month or so (getting to a semi final, clawing away from Dunfermline, keeping numerous clean sheets!) just get flung out the window because we got beat by a team who ups their game about 5 times a season?

Obviously we're pissed off we got beat by Hearts. But FFS, strap on a pair. You all sound like a bunch of greetin' bairns.

This

stanton10
19-03-2012, 06:09 PM
:top marks

This thread shows how 75% of the people who post on here know **** all about football.

Agreed, Agreed, have they just started watching fitba,

dmc1875
19-03-2012, 08:36 PM

The knee-jerk reactions are a bit embarrassing, we have been much better and the team has some drive and determination about them that has been lacking before the new guys came in.

However... against Hearts it all disappeared... why? Why in one of the biggest games do they collectively fail to show anything like the form of the few weeks previous?

Griffiths was a shadow of the player from the last few weeks and the defence that has been looking solid looked shaky with high balls again. We cannot perform against Hearts and we need to have a big think as to why this is always the case.

Hearts could put out their under 19's and they would still beat us at the PBS.

essexhibee
19-03-2012, 09:14 PM
Wtf is Griffiths doing gesturing again!?

Phil MaGlass
20-03-2012, 07:24 AM
I was in Rome for the game, just back today and i huv tae say GOC, wtf slower than a ****ing week in the jail Ive seen kids run faster than him, at one point he was chasing a ball ahead of his man, the next he didnae even get a fit on it before it was taken from him. We would be better off signing a tellytubby in his place. To think I have even booked up for the semi, whit a shower o *****.

Mikeystewart
20-03-2012, 07:35 AM
Some very harsh comments regards big Gazza, my opinion is that he needs to be surrounded by good decent quality players who can give him the ball.

It's no his game to chase balls. his job is to score goals.

He is getting very little in the way of crosses or passes that put him in.

If he were to get decent service then I'd bet he'd stick away.

Unfortuately we have lacked that quality all season.
How many times has Gazza actually been played into a goalscoring position by one of his team mates?

griffiths on the other hand gets into great positions and couldn't hit water if he fell out a boat.

There is a guy who works in tesco who if surrounded by good quality players will score more often and not.

If he was able to trap the ball like he did at the start of the season we would have been fine, you cant say the team at the start of the season was better than what it is now?