PDA

View Full Version : Yams' spurious claims about their status in Edinburgh

Hibernia&Alba
17-03-2012, 10:07 PM
Ahead of the derby, I'm again sick of hearing their nonsense claims about their being 'Edinburgh's biggest team' and 'Scotland's third force'. They talk about themselves like they're Real Madrid or Manchester United, carrying a global appeal that make so much more famous than their city rivals. Yet if you look at their achievements and trophies compared to ours, in addition to average attendances over the decades, the two clubs are evenly matched. It seems to me they take delusions of grandeur to a new level, and this doesn't even take into account their financial doping in the Romanov era. Utter fuds, let's bring them down to earth again tomorrow in their vastly inferior stadium :greengrin

nonshinyfinish
17-03-2012, 10:09 PM
Ahead of the derby, I'm again sick of hearing their nonsense claims about their being 'Edinburgh's biggest team' and 'Scotland's third force'. They talk about themselves like they're Real Madrid or Manchester United, carrying a global appeal that make so much more famous than their city rivals. Yet if you look at their achievements and trophies compared to ours, in addition to average attendances over the decades, the two clubs are evenly matched. It seems to me they take delusions of grandeur to a new level, and this doesn't even take into account their financial doping in the Romanov era. Utter fuds, let's bring them down to earth again tomorrow in their vastly inferior stadium :greengrin

They are full of s***e.

And they smell of s***e.

SteveHFC
17-03-2012, 10:09 PM
They are full of s***e.

And they smell of s***e.

:not worth

Hibercelona
17-03-2012, 10:12 PM
They always talk about the next derby as if they've already got it in the bag. Unfortunatly they're right more times than not which makes it 1000 times worse.

It just makes beating them that much more worth it. They do all their gloating before the game, we save our gloating until after. Because we aren't a bunch of deluded feckwits.

Nando™
17-03-2012, 10:13 PM
They talk *****, so ignore them, before you turn into another pathetic Jambo-obsessed person you see on this very forum all the time.

Falkirk Hibby
17-03-2012, 10:14 PM
They are full of s***e.

And they smell of s***e.

What he says!

hfc rd
17-03-2012, 10:15 PM
They are full of s***e.

And they smell of s***e.

Properly summed them up.

Scouse Hibee
17-03-2012, 10:18 PM
If we had dominated them like they have dominated us we would be shouting the same pish, get over it and just hope we have the bragging rights after tomorrows game.

Broken Gnome
Often wonder how strangers to Edinburgh football would view this 'big team' pish.

"So you've won how many more titles than them? Oh, the same? Well, only one Edinburgh side has beaten Real Madrid, Barcelona, Liverpool and Manchester United; that can't have been the wee team can it? It can?! Oh...."

hibsbollah
We win tomorrow. Its obvious. :flag:

Pretty Boy
17-03-2012, 10:19 PM
They are full of s***e.

And they smell of s***e.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Hibernia&Alba
17-03-2012, 10:22 PM
If we had dominated them like they have dominated us we would be shouting the same pish, get over it and just hope we have the bragging rights after tomorrows game.

They don't dominate us or anybody else, SH. When they talk about the 'big cup' they mean the Scottish Cup, not the Champions League. They've done nothing that marks them out as operating on a different level from anybody. Totally deluded and incredibly ugly people. :greengrin

Www1875hfc
17-03-2012, 10:24 PM
Soon To Be A.F.C Hearts.

Always.
Fiddling.
Children.
Since 1874.

nonshinyfinish
17-03-2012, 10:26 PM
Totally deluded and incredibly ugly people.

This bears repeating. They are, to a man, ugly as sin.

Scouse Hibee
17-03-2012, 10:30 PM
They don't dominate us or anybody else, SH. When they talk about the 'big cup' they mean the Scottish Cup, not the Champions League. They've done nothing that marks them out as operating on a different level from anybody. Totally deluded and incredibly ugly people. :greengrin

Sadly, Derby results prove you wrong!

Agree with you on everything else though :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
17-03-2012, 10:31 PM
This bears repeating. They are, to a man, ugly as sin.

Hey, don't forget the women :greengrin

nonshinyfinish
17-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Hey, don't forget the women :greengrin

Hertz ladies are only women in the most technical sense of the word. If it's got stubble and an Adam's apple...

Hibercelona
17-03-2012, 10:34 PM
Soon To Be A.F.C Hearts.

Always.
Fiddling.
Children.
Since 1874.

"AFC Hearts" would just be "Another Financial Crisis".

Hibernia&Alba
17-03-2012, 10:40 PM
Sadly, Derby results prove you wrong!

Agree with you on everything else though :greengrin

You're right in terms of recent form in the derby; we have bottled it too often. But in the grand scheme of things, their achievements and attendances give them no cause to laud it over us, never mind the rest of Scotland. Let's see what they're saying when administration happens. A 'third force' that can't pay its players.

7 Hills
17-03-2012, 10:42 PM
We dominated them in the 70's when I was a kid! 7-0! Pat Stanton's equaliser "when the pubs had opened!" (Ask yer Dad! ;o) ) Their run of non-defeats to us in the late 1980's to mid 1990's were always papering over the cracks! As long as they won more derbies, they didn't care if they won **** all (just as well in those days, kids!) or if they finished lower in the League than Hibs! After Hibs won the Skol Cup in 1991, Gary MacKay was quoted as saying, "Beating Hibs is better than winning cups!" The Hibs fanzine of the time, Hibs Monthly, quoted him and asked, not unreasonably, "How the **** would he know?!" Right in aboot these basturts tomorrow Hibs! Do them!!!

nonshinyfinish
17-03-2012, 10:45 PM
Right in aboot these basturts tomorrow Hibs! Do them!!!

Oh indeed.

madabouthibs
17-03-2012, 10:46 PM
Often wonder how strangers to Edinburgh football would view this 'big team' pish.

"So you've won how many more titles than them? Oh, the same? Well, only one Edinburgh side has beaten Real Madrid, Barcelona, Liverpool and Manchester United; that can't have been the wee team can it? It can?! Oh...."

"Ah, so this is their stadium is it? Nice.
And yours is much bigger yes? No? ..... Ah, so its the same size then? Eh? No??? What? ITS THIS PINK THING HERE???" :faf:

Oh well, i bet your training facilities are muuuuuch better eh? :rolleyes:

Deluded Eejits since 1874...... :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
17-03-2012, 10:47 PM
Heart of Midlothian have always thought of themselves as not only the biggest club in Edinburgh, but the only club in Edinburgh. They are the team of the establishment ... stiff upper lips and brandy & cigars at my club after the match old chap and that sort of thing. Even their club colours are stuffy and boring.

It is probably true that they have a bigger support than Hibs, but the reasons for that are more historical than anything to do with the style of football played by the two clubs, certainly since the second world war.

It is and always has been a source of intense irritation to them that Hibs are around at all. A club formed by a bunch of poverty stricken outsiders and a club who have managed to get themselves a reputation for, if not always playing attractive football, at least making the effort to do so. A reputation which Hearts dont have.

Add to that the fact that Hibbies have perhaps been able to have a bit more of a sense of humour about the shortcomings of their club over the years perhaps you have an explanation of the total hatred the Yam fans seem to have for us, even though over the last 30 years we have hardly given them cause for it on the pitch.

Oh .... Apart from a couple of real pastings of course,

:greengrin

oldbutdim
17-03-2012, 10:49 PM
Spot on. We thrashed them regularly and didn't celebrate home draws against them as they did in the 22 sequence. Only Dafty's could treat drawing at home with local rivals as a victory.
I love it when the idiots do the big team/wee team routine. It reinforces what they are.
And why it's not what they think.
;-)

Hibernia&Alba
17-03-2012, 10:53 PM
"Ah, so this is their stadium is it? Nice.
And yours is much bigger yes? No? ..... Ah, so its the same size then? Eh? No??? What? ITS THIS PINK THING HERE???" :faf:

Oh well, i bet your training facilities are muuuuuch better eh? :rolleyes:

Deluded Eejits since 1874...... :greengrin

That's it. :greengrin

Hearing them, you'd be forgiven for thinking they are some global power house. How many league titles, yambo? How many european trophies? The capacity at your ground?

Pay your players and f*****g wake up :lolyam::trumpet:

Hibercelona
17-03-2012, 10:58 PM
It's scary to think.

It started off as an Edinburgh status thing, but now they genuinely believe that they are recognized world wide for apparently holding the greatest derby record in the world!

They're beyond help.

McIntosh
17-03-2012, 11:00 PM
The only thing big about them is the size of their fan's mouths. They always make me laugh - I can't take them seriously. We are just better than them in so many different ways.

Hibernia&Alba
17-03-2012, 11:03 PM
It's scary to think.

It started off as an Edinburgh status thing, but now they genuinely believe that they are recognized world wide for apparently holding the greatest derby record in the world!

They're beyond help.

Is that even remotely true, or is Yambo once again clutching at straws in a ridiculous bid for big club status?

Broken Gnome
17-03-2012, 11:13 PM
Is that even remotely true, or is Yambo once again clutching at straws in a ridiculous bid for big club status?

It's not true.

It's admittedly cringeworthy.

But not THAT humiliating.

Green Cabbage 7
18-03-2012, 12:18 AM
How many European semi finals have hearts been in eh none hibs 2 so who's the daddy

matty_f
18-03-2012, 12:52 AM
Size is important to them because to a man (and, in their case, to a woman as well) they all have tiny penises.

ballengeich
18-03-2012, 01:38 AM
Size is important to them because to a man (and, in their case, to a woman as well) they all have tiny penises.

Nonsense. If size mattered to them they'd keep quiet because of the size of their brains.

Hibernia&Alba
18-03-2012, 02:19 AM
First British club in european competition, yambo? Pioneers who led the way. Open a book.

Their verbosity does indeed point to an underlying inferiority complex.

lucky
18-03-2012, 05:25 AM
I was having the same debate on Friday, one them claimed that 75% of Edinburgh supported hearts. They do believe that they are a big club. Totally deluded. But less than 2000 Hibees at the PBS will give them more ammo

18-03-2012, 08:02 AM
They are a pathetic, deluded bunch of idiots, got to laugh eh! They hate us more than they love their own club and they use us to make themselves feel like a great big club when deep down they know they are not.

Aww well let them have their little "we're such a massive club" delusion as anyone who knows anything about football or at least has half a brain cell can quite clearly see that they are not.

So incredibly grateful I was born into a hibs family and didn't end up one of them!

:pfgwa

NAE NOOKIE
18-03-2012, 08:51 AM
I was having the same debate on Friday, one them claimed that 75% of Edinburgh supported hearts. They do believe that they are a big club. Totally deluded. But less than 2000 Hibees at the PBS will give them more ammo

Always loved that boast from the yams. If that is true then why are their crowds only marginally better than ours. It suggests that if they get 15,000 at home, we should get 5,000.

The only conclusion you can therefore draw is that your average Hibby is a better and more loyal supporter than your average Yam.

Bostonhibby
18-03-2012, 09:07 AM

With you here, its really about them taking some comfort in very small margins and the position does fluctuate over comparatively small degrees over time as far as football is concerned.

Reality for me is that they are probably huge in Gorgie, a bit smaller as you move West, and every where else in Scotland are just another team in Scotland. If they want to view themsleves outside that small goldfish bowl, My experiences here and round the world is that very few neutrals / fans of other clubs outside Scotland know much about our league outside the Bigot Brothers but there has been a definite noticeable rise in people who ask me about the goings on down Gorgie way since Romanov took over and very recently again, but is got nothing to do with whats on the pitch - like it or not that's their true appeal and newsworthiness.

A Spurs guy I work with went to Tynecastle and he could not believe the quality of the stadium and facilities - he also goes to Brentford and likened the whole set up to there, but Brentford pay their players.

There's delusion and there's reality, leave them to it with their insecurities, they will be fine. As a Hibby I only ever feel the need to talk about our fine history, principles and facilities and how we got them.

Third force in Scotland? Most asbestos exposure per head per game maybe.

Ringothedog
18-03-2012, 09:09 AM
Always loved that boast from the yams. If that is true then why are their crowds only marginally better than ours. It suggests that if they get 15,000 at home, we should get 5,000.

The only conclusion you can therefore draw is that your average Hibby is a better and more loyal supporter than your average Yam.

I actually think we have a bigger support in Edinburgh. They pull a lot of their support from East,West and Midlothian(more than us anyway)

Jack
18-03-2012, 09:15 AM
Sadly both clubs have massively under achieved as far as trophies are concerned.

We have to go back more than 50 years for a time when we were a major force in Scottish football other than a short flirt with success in the 70s - and they never have been.

In the last few decades neither club, and everyone else outwith the OF, have been nothing other than there to make up the numbers.

NAE NOOKIE
18-03-2012, 09:18 AM
I actually think we have a bigger support in Edinburgh. They pull a lot of their support from East,West and Midlothian(more than us anyway)

Aye .... there are quite a few Yams in Galashiels, but a fair number of Hibbies too. I have been involved in a couple of failed attempts at starting a Borders supporters club branch, for one reason or another, usually coz of Gala, Selkirk, Hawick local rivalry it usually ends up in folk falling out and the whole thing going boobies up.

Guarantee you one thing though, if we make the cup final we will have no bother filling a couple of buses. Ho Hum

Bostonhibby
18-03-2012, 09:20 AM
PS - these claims are spurious in a certain corner of South Lincolnshire - I have found 4 Hibby's another 3 English fans who will actually travel to ER to see Hibs, 2 Huns, 2 soap dodgers and one yam - who bizarrely says he used to support Aberdeen :crazy:

Pretty Boy
18-03-2012, 09:22 AM
PS - these claims are spurious in a certain corner of South Lincolnshire - I have found 4 Hibby's another 3 English fans who will actually travel to ER to see Hibs, 2 Huns, 2 soap dodgers and one yam - who bizarrely says he used to support Aberdeen :crazy:

My girlfriend is from South Lincolnshire originally and she's now a Hibs fan.as well.

Her view of Hearts fans is they're a 'bit strange'.

KeithTheHibby
18-03-2012, 09:23 AM
They suffer from small cock syndrome. Including the females.

Deluded roasters the lot of them.

CentreLine
18-03-2012, 09:38 AM
It always amuses me that they claim to have been formed in 1874 when there is not a shred of evidence to suggest they were in existance before 1875. Did they always have a complex or what:dunno:

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-03-2012, 11:55 AM
I am guessing that a club that are the established third force, that are currently not sitting third in the league and have no real chance of third, is a bit of a poser maybe?

Green Cabbage 7
18-03-2012, 07:15 PM
It always amuses me that they claim to have been formed in 1874 when there is not a shred of evidence to suggest they were in existance before 1875. Did they always have a complex or what:dunno:

Actually friend of mine who looks these kind of things up said that hearts of 1874 are completely different from the ones of today reformed by a male dance club apparently