PDA

View Full Version : Rob Jones Interview

Gettin' Auld
17-03-2012, 08:28 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/five-years-on-and-rob-jones-is-still-rooting-for-hibs-1-2179993

:thumbsup:

nonshinyfinish
17-03-2012, 08:33 PM
A criminally underappreciated player at Hibs.

hibee92
17-03-2012, 08:54 PM
Not beaten Hearts since he left... Chhhrrrriiist.

hibsbollah
17-03-2012, 08:55 PM
i thought he was massively talented but prone to streaks; could have 6 games where he was unstoppable followed by 2 or 3 where he would make frequent mistakes. Maybe a result of him turning pro so late and was still learning the game.

The cup win and that header was his great moment, he seems to be doing well at Wednesday and i hope he continues to improve.

lucky
17-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Speaking with a jambo yesterday and said that they always felt he gave Hibs a bit of steel. He is in our history as a cup winning captain as such deserves respect

erin go bragh
17-03-2012, 09:17 PM
Jones and Mcpake would be no too bad me thinks :agree:
ggtth

IWasThere2016
17-03-2012, 09:43 PM

Spot on.

...WentToMowAnSPL
17-03-2012, 09:57 PM

This ..

Hibercelona
17-03-2012, 10:01 PM

Indeed.

Scored the first goal against Killie in the final, could have been a different game if he hadn't.

If only he was still here. Him and McPake at the back would have given us a right strong backbone.

Scouse Hibee
17-03-2012, 10:34 PM
An inspirational figure that sadly some couldn't see!

hfc rd
17-03-2012, 10:37 PM
Hope tomorrow is very similar to the March 18th five years ago. ;))

hibsbollah
17-03-2012, 10:42 PM

Youre thinking of Brian Kerr there i think...

--------
17-03-2012, 11:24 PM

Couldn't miss him - he was usually standing on the goalkeeper's toes. Getting in his way. :devil:

:stirrer:

Albion Hibs
17-03-2012, 11:36 PM
Not a good footballer, but an excellent centre half. We have not had a CH anywhere close to him since he left. Would rip someones arm off to have him running out for us tomorrow....sorry later today.

Hibercelona
17-03-2012, 11:39 PM
Not a good footballer, but an excellent centre half.

:wtf:

--------
17-03-2012, 11:40 PM
What real defenders are made of. Dirty enough while remaining subtile enough. :wink:

Well, IMHO, he was over-rated, and still is by many. Compared to what came after, fair enough. But what came after was truly dreadful.

Not even in my top ten Hibs centre-halves. :cb

Hibercelona
17-03-2012, 11:42 PM
Well, IMHO, he was over-rated, and still is by many. Compared to what came after, fair enough. But what came after was truly dreadful.

Not even in my top ten Hibs centre-halves. :cb

I realized my comment didn't really add up there until I realized you were talking about our own goalkeepers. :doh:

Could you really make a "top 10"? I dare you to even try. :greengrin

--------
17-03-2012, 11:46 PM
Not a good footballer, but an excellent centre half. We have not had a CH anywhere close to him since he left. Would rip someones arm off to have him running out for us tomorrow....sorry later today.

EXCELLENT centre-halves HAVE to be at least 'good' footballers.

A centre-half has to be able to read the game, organise the folks around them, take a man out without giving away the foul. And good centre-halves should be leaders.

Jones wasn't very good at any of that - as I said, always playting right on the goalie's toes, getting in his way. He might start off playing a line reasonably high up the pitchg, but come the 60-minute mark, there he was, cluttering up the 6-yard box, and blaming everyone around him for his own mistakes.

Not even in my top ten of Hibs centre-halves.

Albion Hibs
17-03-2012, 11:46 PM
:wtf:

think about it. he was not a passer of the ball, could not run with it or shoot, but as a defender, a centre half he was excellent. Not difficult.

--------
17-03-2012, 11:50 PM
I realized my comment didn't really add up there until I realized you were talking about our own goalkeepers. :doh:

Could you really make a "top 10"? I dare you to even try. :greengrin

McNamee, Madsen, Paterson, Stewart, Barry, Spalding, Black, Hunter, Rae, McIntyre, Fenwick, Hughes, all better than Jones IMO. Didn't even have to think about it.

(That's TWELVE names, BTW.)

Thangyoo, and goonight. :bye:

SaulGoodman
18-03-2012, 12:33 AM
think about it. he was not a passer of the ball, could not run with it or shoot, but as a defender, a centre half he was excellent. Not difficult.

He scored a cracking goal with his foot against the yams ;)

Hibercelona
18-03-2012, 01:02 AM

Riordan was dreadful at defending, what a mince footballer he was. A great striker though. :wink:

Hibercelona
18-03-2012, 01:03 AM
McNamee, Madsen, Paterson, Stewart, Barry, Spalding, Black, Hunter, Rae, McIntyre, Fenwick, Hughes, all better than Jones IMO. Didn't even have to think about it.

(That's TWELVE names, BTW.)

Thangyoo, and goonight. :bye:

But does simply being better than Rob Jones qualify as top 10 status? :wink: