PDA

View Full Version : song for Sunday

H18sry
17-03-2012, 08:32 PM
lets prove that Hibs are the best fans in the world and sing fabrice muamba's name right round swiney 2moro share this on your pages and your profiles on f/b or twitter :thumbsup:

Macaroon
17-03-2012, 09:22 PM
lets prove that Hibs are the best fans in the world and sing fabrice muamba's name right round swiney 2moro share this on your pages and your profiles on f/b or twitter :thumbsup:

As horrifying as the whole situation is, and believe me I mean no disrespect by this, I really don't think it has anything to do with Hibs. It just seems a bit unnecessary.

Sorry if that came out wrong, I couldn't think of how exactly to word it. The best tactic for tomorrow is to belt out Hibernian songs for 90 minutes flat, show our team how good we are as supporters and that should be all that is needed to get our point across. Have a good feeling about tomorrow.

GGTTH :flag:

greenlex
17-03-2012, 09:26 PM
As horrifying as the whole situation is, and believe me I mean no disrespect by this, I really don't think it has anything to do with Hibs. It just seems a bit unnecessary.

Sorry if that came out wrong, I couldn't think of how exactly to word it. The best tactic for tomorrow is to belt out Hibernian songs for 90 minutes flat, show our team how good we are as supporters and that should be all that is needed to get our point across. Have a good feeling about tomorrow.

I agree. There will be enough distractions without this. Decent sentiment though.

Baldy Foghorn
17-03-2012, 10:15 PM

Totally agree, where do we draw the line, do we have a song about those poor Belgian kids?.....

Hibernia&Alba
17-03-2012, 10:25 PM
I have no objection to a quick burst of the guy's name at some point tomorrow. Thanks God he's alive, and it's a reminder that football is ultimately only a game. For the other 89 minutes we do what we can to inspire the Hibs with our usual songbook.

Monts
17-03-2012, 10:34 PM
I have no issue with singing his name. The whole situation shows just how unimportant football can be.

But singing his name to prove we are the better fans? Seems a bit convoluted to me.

Nakedmanoncrack
17-03-2012, 10:37 PM
Totally agree, where do we draw the line, do we have a song about those poor Belgian kids?.....

:agree:

Hibercelona
17-03-2012, 11:04 PM
I have no issue with singing his name. The whole situation shows just how unimportant football can be.

But singing his name to prove we are the better fans? Seems a bit convoluted to me.

:agree:

"A get well soon" chant could be done out of respect. But it has nothing to do with who has better fans than who IMO. I think it would be a much better touch if everybody in the stadium got involved tomorrow.

hfc rd
17-03-2012, 11:34 PM
Supposedly some rumours on FB insisting that both sets of fans in the 41st min tomorrow will chant Fabrice Muamba's name. Really hope this comes to fruition as it will be a wonderful tribute for the young man hearing both sets of rival fans putting their differences and hatred to one side and offering some encouraging vocal support together for this guy.

sambajustice
17-03-2012, 11:41 PM
Off the topic of muamba but on the topic of chants tomorrow, how about the following,

Celtic fans sing "let's all do the Broony" \o/ so how about the hibees sing, "let's all do the sparky" and give the yams an extended 3000 strong GIRUY

hfc rd
17-03-2012, 11:42 PM
Off the topic of muamba but on the topic of chants tomorrow, how about the following,

Celtic fans sing "let's all do the Broony" \o/ so how about the hibees sing, "let's all do the sparky" and give the yams an extended 3000 strong GIRUY

Sounds a decent idea.

Sir David Gray
18-03-2012, 12:31 AM

Maybe if we're winning with a couple of minutes to go!