PDA

View Full Version : Alex Miller In Russia

Russian Hibs Fan
17-03-2012, 11:20 AM
In his first official games in Russian club called Sibir FC from Novosibirsk.

They lost the first game at home 0-3 and yesterday they played away against Alania Vladikavkaz and the score is 1-1. Very good because Alania at the 1st spot at the FNL (2-nd level of Russian football).They played in the snow http://onedivision.ru/articles/type-4/item-329829-alaniya---sibir---11

Sibir FC are now at the 6th place, 10 points behind play-off places.

Once Alex Miller was asked, if Sibir will make a promotion to the Premier Division, will he dress a kilt and play bagpipes at the main city square. he said - NO, my kilt is at Scotland and I cant play bagpipes! :greengrin

P.S. I was at Novosibirsk twice. Very beautiful and big city. The 3rd largest in Russia, very culturial. But too far away from Western Russia and too cold from April to October. :bitchy:

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-03-2012, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the info but people with long memories on here could not give a tom tit about him

:wink:

NOLA
17-03-2012, 06:50 PM
many a time i wished lexo had been sent to siberia while he was manager here :greengrin

neilmartinrocks
17-03-2012, 06:53 PM
i was hoping it was a salt mine as well

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-03-2012, 06:54 PM
you could see him in siberia, in a gulag, in freezing temperatures, telling people that they are being too cheery and it is time to get a bit more serious.

Hibs Class
17-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Good to hear. Not my favourite hibs manager but my memory is long enough to remember him winning us the league cup and so delivering more silverware than e.g. mowbray or almost every other manager that followed him.

Mixu62
17-03-2012, 08:34 PM
Im sure he'll have them grinding out exciting 0-0 draws in no time!

fat freddy
17-03-2012, 08:52 PM
Good to hear. Not my favourite hibs manager but my memory is long enough to remember him winning us the league cup and so delivering more silverware than e.g. mowbray or almost every other manager that followed him.

im in your corner on this...alex miller had his faults but he gave us some brilliant football memories...under his stewardship we were fortunate to watch players of the calibre of john collins, pat mcginlay, mikey weir, crunchie mcallister, dougie bell, darren jackson, keith wright, michael o'neil, eddie may, willie miller, gordon hunter, grahame mitchel, neil orr, tommy mcintyre, murdo mcleod, paul kane, andy goram, john burridge and many more who were good servants to the club....the history books will tell future generations that he was relatively successful manager that won us silverware.

SquashedFrogg
17-03-2012, 09:50 PM
Im sure he'll have them grinding out exciting 0-0 draws in no time!

:agree:

With a game changing double substitution in the 89th minute...:rolleyes:

--------
18-03-2012, 12:18 AM
Thanks for the info but people with long memories on here could not give a tom tit about him

:wink:

I have a long memory, and I wish him well. Always have.

A thoroughly professional football manager who gave 100% all the time he was here.

Personally, I'd have Lex back long before most of the guys who succeeded him.

ThirdManRun
18-03-2012, 12:27 AM
A league cup and a team containing Wright, Weir,
Jackson and O'Neill? Some posters need a bit of perspective. Sadly lacking these days.

cabbageandribs1875
18-03-2012, 12:42 AM
i wish him well, you don't get to be a first team coach at liverpoodle for many years without having a good knowledge of the game :agree:

Eyrie
18-03-2012, 10:57 AM
I have a long memory, and I wish him well. Always have.

A thoroughly professional football manager who gave 100% all the time he was here.

Personally, I'd have Lex back long before most of the guys who succeeded him.
Agreed. For all we moaned about him at the time, things could have been a lot worse as we've since found out.