PDA

View Full Version : Ian Murray gets sectarian abuse on twitter

PaulSmith
16-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Quite astonishing that anyone thinks that they can get away with this under the new laws.

https://twitter.com/crritchie7/status/180707241219993601

http://img.tapatalk.com/5eae8d3e-7d4a-f0e4.jpg

Matty_Jack04
16-03-2012, 05:52 PM
More astonishing that anyone thinks like that in 2012 **** of the earth

Viva_Palmeiras
16-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Let's not rise to the bait.
Is that his real name ? Odd

Hibernia&Alba
16-03-2012, 05:53 PM
There you go. Knuckle-dragging bigot proves how stupid his type are. Not the brightest move, Ritchie. Wonder which team he supports :cb

cam75
16-03-2012, 05:55 PM
There you go. Knuckle-dragging bigot proves how stupid his type are. Not the brightest move, Ritchie. Wonder which team he supports :cb
Is it for real tho?

Twa Cairpets
16-03-2012, 05:56 PM
I had a look at his twitter feed - 16 year old laddie with something of an attitude and an unfortunate allegiance to our neighbours.

greenginger
I wonder if Ritchie even knows Ian Murray was a Rangers player for 3 years. :confused:

PaulSmith
Let's not rise to the bait.
Is that his real name ? Odd

Yip, real name.

http://img.tapatalk.com/5eae8d3e-7eff-4075.jpg

Just seems like he can't help himself

Barney McGrew
16-03-2012, 05:57 PM
Oh dear. I'm sure a daft wee 16 year old will be getting a knock on his door early one morning in the near future.

If the new task force are doing their jobs properly that is :cb

SkintHibby
16-03-2012, 05:59 PM
Just your average Hearts supporter. Move along now, nothing to see here.:agree:

SkintHibby
16-03-2012, 06:03 PM
The most laughable thing is he has wrote 'Irish b******s' and yet he has a very Irish surname!!!:faf:

http://genealogy.about.com/library/surnames/c/bl_name-CALLAGHAN.htm

matty_f
16-03-2012, 06:05 PM
I hope someone makes a complaint to the police. Zero tolerance :agree:

Hibernia Na Eir
16-03-2012, 06:10 PM
I'm sure l&b finest will pick up on this appropriately......
listen for your knock on the door young man!

ooops. he'll be wishing he didnae write that now!

Togs91
16-03-2012, 06:13 PM
He has now posted back to Ian, grovelling. Saying that his outburst was unacceptable... which it was, but why say it in the first place :fuming: Loved the reply ian gave him though 'Grade A Gangsta haha, you going on sunday?' ... is that a square go? :wink: :greengrin

Gatecrasher
16-03-2012, 06:14 PM
this is the type of thing they were looking to clamp down on so i hope the police do their job.

Darth Hibbie
16-03-2012, 06:16 PM
this is the type of thing they were looking to clamp down on so i hope the police do their job.

:dunno: Has anybody reported it to the police?

konte's one-two
16-03-2012, 06:21 PM
:dunno: Has anybody reported it to the police?

not entirely sure how to, think there's a way to forward a tweet the address is @lbp_police

CallumHibs07
16-03-2012, 06:23 PM
He's deleted his account now, probably thinks that'll hide it :faf:

frazeHFC
16-03-2012, 06:24 PM
He has now posted back to Ian, grovelling. Saying that his outburst was unacceptable... which it was, but why say it in the first place :fuming: Loved the reply ian gave him though 'Grade A Gangsta haha, you going on sunday?' ... is that a square go? :wink: :greengrin

:thumbsup:

ps remember Murrays tackle on Black at the PBS? :devil:

PaulSmith
16-03-2012, 06:26 PM

What a shame there were screen shots taken

Hibernia&Alba
16-03-2012, 06:31 PM

Has the tough guy gotten feart? :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-03-2012, 06:39 PM
He should lose the surname and use another derivative of Richard, and that is nearer the mark.

essexhibee
16-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Need to name and shame this moron to the Polis. Absolutely no excuse for that behaviour.

The_Todd
16-03-2012, 06:43 PM
Scotland can be such a pathetic place sometimes. Really, this needs nipped in the bud at an early age but he's probably picked up this warped view from his parents and he'll pass it down to his if he ever has any. Surely the answer is to get him sterilised :cb

Hibernia&Alba
16-03-2012, 06:44 PM
He should lose the surname and use another derivative of Richard, and that is nearer the mark.

:aok:

Dick Yam

Hibercelona
16-03-2012, 06:44 PM
These rats do need to be hounded out. But Murray didn't seem all that bothered by it. I'm sure he'll take appropriate action if he feels any need to do so.

Screen shots at the ready in any case.

CropleyWasGod
16-03-2012, 06:51 PM
These rats do need to be hounded out. But Murray didn't seem all that bothered by it. I'm sure he'll take appropriate action if he feels any need to do so.

Given the amount of abuse players get on a weekly basis, they probably develop thick skins. Maybe we are more offended by it than he is? I'm not excusing it, of course, but sometimes ignoring that type of stuff is the best thing the target can do.

Hibernia&Alba
16-03-2012, 06:51 PM
On a serious note, HMFC need to do more to tackle the hardcore sectarian element in their support. They don't get called mini Huns for nothing. There are a minority who hold very unpleasant attitudes in that club - the loony far right types.

hibs0666
16-03-2012, 06:55 PM
On a serious note, HMFC need to do more to tackle the hardcore sectarian element in their support. They don't get called mini Huns for nothing. There are a minority who hold very unpleasant attitudes in that club - the loony far right types.

They've been there for 30 years at least now - that culture is well-ingrained.

Sylar
16-03-2012, 06:55 PM

A link to this thread, with the screenshot, should be sufficient - a quick tweet to them on Twitter should do the trick.

Doesn't matter if it was a "silly wee laddie" comment - nonsense like that is why these laws were brought into effect and 16 or not, the police should take action.

Viva_Palmeiras
16-03-2012, 06:59 PM
The most laughable thing is he has wrote 'Irish b******s' and yet he has a very Irish surname!!!:faf:

MY point exactly "and if you know yer history"

WhileTheChief..
16-03-2012, 07:00 PM
Is it now socially acceptable to grass to the police? That sort of behaviour used to be frowned upon. :wink:

Hibercelona
16-03-2012, 07:02 PM

:agree:

Thankfully it is a minority, but its still a fairly big minority.

They're just lucky that a "majority" club still currently remains in the league to take the spot light off them.

Sylar
16-03-2012, 07:06 PM
Is it now socially acceptable to grass to the police? That sort of behaviour used to be frowned upon. :wink:

There's a recession on these days - need to ensure they're earning their salary! :greengrin

Hibrandenburg
16-03-2012, 07:11 PM
Maybe we should try and get our own house in order first. We've got our own fair share of tubes but nobody really seems to be rushing to shoot them down.

PaulSmith
16-03-2012, 07:14 PM
Maybe we should try and get our own house in order first. We've got our own fair share of tubes but nobody really seems to be rushing to shoot them down.

I think the polis have got the ak47s out for 'our tubes' going by the last few days. It's the police that uphold the law not posters on here with views either way.

Sylar
16-03-2012, 07:20 PM

What have they done today which we should be shooting them down for?

Every club has it's idiots, true, but as a society, we have a responsibility to nip this type of pish in the bud, irrespective of the "glass house" notion.

Scouse Hibee
16-03-2012, 07:22 PM

Just convince yourself that you're helping with enquiries..................nothing else :greengrin

Tha Cabbage Kid
16-03-2012, 07:22 PM
what a see oh see kay!!

The_Todd
16-03-2012, 07:25 PM

I don't buy it. All bigots and idiots should be sorted regardless of who they support. The guy is a bigot, and a seemingly public and proud one at that. Hope he gets done, and I'd say the same if he was one of ours.

Hibernia&Alba
16-03-2012, 07:33 PM

I do take the point, Hiberlin. No football support is completely free from behaviour that is socially unacceptable or at times blatantly bigoted. Such people exist in society and it's inevitable some will attend football matches. It's a question of scale and to what extent, if any, individual numpties hold views that represent the wider support. To my mind - and yes I'm biased - the Hibernian support does not have endemic and institutional issues with prejudice. In the context of Scotland's central belt, where sectarianism is an issue, our club's record is up with the very best. I haven't heard chanting based upon religion or Irish politics, for example; issues which a club called Hibernian, with our roots, could easily have been sucked into. Look at the fan sites of clubs across Scotland, where the casual use of sectarian or racist language is often much more common than on Hibs sites. Any instances of such behaviour by Hibs fans is to be condemned; it embarrasses us all. But those 'tubes' as you rightly describe them really are not commonplace within the support.

ginger_rice
16-03-2012, 07:57 PM
They've been there for 30 years at least now - that culture is well-ingrained.

I can remember them giving it Green Grassy Slopes of the Boyne at Annfield against the Albion about 1967!

Hibrandenburg
16-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Yes you're correct to point out that it's not endemic in our support. However I see very little protest when it raises it's head here. To be honest I've witnessed some folks on here being ridiculed by otherwise sensible posters when pulling people up for racist/bigoted comments. If folks get pelters for standing up against these bilebags on here, then I have to ask myself what support would they get if they tried to show some civil courage in the real world?

poolman
16-03-2012, 08:05 PM

Does that mean we shouldn't have a thread on something like this and just keep shtoom instead of bringing to the attention of everybody on :hnet:

Hibernia&Alba
16-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Yes you're correct to point out that it's not endemic in our support. However I see very little protest when it raises it's head here. To be honest I've witnessed some folks on here being ridiculed by otherwise sensible posters when pulling people up for racist/bigoted comments. If folks get pelters for standing up against these bilebags on here, then I have to ask myself what support would they get if they tried to show some civil courage in the real world?

I've been a member of the forum for a short time so can't comment upon this, but I'm not doubting you, and I'd be disappointed with any Hibs fan who defended individuals within the support who exhibited such behaviour. Hibernian is the last club any racist should attach themself to; they just need to read the history of the club to see that. I'd like to think (and I do believe) that the overwhelming majority of our supporters would condemn bigotry in all forms, wherever it originates.

Bostonhibby
16-03-2012, 08:14 PM

:greengrin Only in return for some "snout" beat the little turd up for a fag never mind grass him for one. Still he seems to have done the usual and run away rather quickly. Legend in his own probation group probably.

Hibrandenburg
16-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Does that mean we shouldn't have a thread on something like this and just keep shtoom instead of bringing to the attention of everybody on :hnet:

Not at all. Just seems hypocritical that when Rankers or the Yams do it then the thread runs to 20 pages, but if we have a go at one of our own then there seems to be a general lack of interest/courage at shouting them down or the thread gets closed by one of the admins.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-03-2012, 08:33 PM

Its a lot easier to pull up people for their perceived indescretions as a faceless name on internet forum. By the same token people probably type things on an internet forum they would never say to someone in person, theres nae point getting too hot under the collar about it either way.

Hibrandenburg
16-03-2012, 08:52 PM
100% correct in all you say. Add to that, that many who spout this sort of pish are completely ignorant to the hurt that they cause and knock on effect that they're actions have.

I'd also say that I get more sad and disgusted than angry when I read or hear this sort of pish, but I'll never stop pulling people up for it on here or out there.

Jack
16-03-2012, 09:08 PM

He could delete the post or he could delete his account. It makes no difference, the police can still access deleted stuff on the internet. Screen shots are not required. I thought most [intelligent] folk knew that :-)

sauzee6_2
16-03-2012, 09:43 PM
If anybody wants to send him a wee message:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000554172268

Sorry but this is wrong! Yes this lad has been a plonker! But jambo or not he is a 16 year old kid! I honestly hope he learns from this. He is wrong with what he tweeted but does his life need to be ruined?

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

DaveF
16-03-2012, 09:44 PM
What an @rse.

Ritchie, here's some free advice.

You're ****ed.

CropleyWasGod
16-03-2012, 09:45 PM
Sorry but this is wrong! Yes this lad has been a plonker! But jambo or not he is a 16 year old kid! I honestly hope he learns from this. He is wrong with what he tweeted but does his life need to be ruined?

Right, who threw that????

cabbageandribs1875
16-03-2012, 09:50 PM

oh come on ffs, the families of murder victims have their lives ruined, talk about exaggeration :rolleyes: it will be next months chip wrappers

Elephant Stone
16-03-2012, 09:51 PM
Sorry but this is wrong! Yes this lad has been a plonker! But jambo or not he is a 16 year old kid! I honestlyhope he learns from this. He is wrong with what he tweeted but does his life need to be ruined?

If he's willing to wish someone's family to die on a public profile then he should be able to take some stick in return. Too many dickheads on the internet think they can post anything they want no matter how vile or upsetting it might be to the people it concerns and get away with it, if he's posting this horrible sh-t in his personal name then he's probably going to get some problems of his own, and rightly so.

brianmc
16-03-2012, 09:51 PM
He's definitely a naughty boy.

CraigHibee
16-03-2012, 09:56 PM
I'm sure the twat will get what's coming to him, I'm sure it hasn't gone unnoticed!

Dashing Bob S
16-03-2012, 10:02 PM

Just what I was thinking. The kid is such a muppet he'd probably blame his dim-wittedness on his Irish blood. The only way that clown would be up to his knees in feinian blood would be if he stood in a bathtub peeing his own claret.

Hibercelona
16-03-2012, 10:42 PM
Posting threats or any nonsense back, isn't exactly going to set an example to a 16 year old.

I wouldn't give him the time of day.

Hibrandenburg
16-03-2012, 10:45 PM

Are there any women here?

CropleyWasGod
16-03-2012, 10:46 PM
Are there any women here?

:aok:

Hibrandenburg
16-03-2012, 10:47 PM
Posting threats or any nonsense back, isn't exactly going to set an example to a 16 year old.

I wouldn't give him the time of day.

All for giving him a hard time. You just shouldn't stoop to his level.

Sir David Gray
17-03-2012, 12:29 AM
Surely if Ian Murray was offended enough by this comment aimed in his direction then he'll report it to the police? After all, he was the target!

I find the thought of other people looking in from the outside and getting all offended, and then reporting it to the police, a bit sad to be honest.

If the target of the comment doesn't feel the need to take the matter any further then that should be case closed and end of discussion.

Hank Schrader
17-03-2012, 12:36 AM
Surely if Ian Murray was offended enough by this comment aimed in his direction then he'll report it to the police? After all, he was the target!

I find the thought of other people looking in from the outside and getting all offended, and then reporting it to the police, a bit sad to be honest.

If the target of the comment doesn't feel the need to take the matter any further then that should be case closed and end of discussion.

Normally you are spot on FH but can't agree here. I think people on the outside looking in are entitled to report something they feel is inappropriate or offensive, whether it is aimed at them or not.

The fact he has wished death on IM's family is quite disturbing. I really hope this moron is brought to book and made an example of.

Nando™
17-03-2012, 12:52 AM
Normally you are spot on FH but can't agree here. I think people on the outside looking in are entitled to report something they feel is inappropriate or offensive, whether it is aimed at them or not.

The fact he has wished death on IM's family is quite disturbing. I really hope this moron is brought to book and made an example of.

Maybe he could appear on Edinburgh's top 100 Idiots. Obviously.

matty_f
17-03-2012, 12:54 AM

Bit harsh, and anyway - he's from Falkirk.... :greengrin

Nando™
17-03-2012, 12:59 AM
Bit harsh, and anyway - he's from Falkirk.... :greengrin

Close enough, he can appear somewhere near the 70-mark alongside me. I fear the west still hasn't recovered :agree:

Hank Schrader
17-03-2012, 01:03 AM

Jambo ****er?

****er...

Nando™
17-03-2012, 01:06 AM
Jambo ****er?

****er...

:hilarious

Pete
17-03-2012, 01:30 AM

It doesn't matter who the target was. It was anti-Irish and anti-catholic abuse and is illegal behavior. What's even worse is that it is coming from a child.

And who are you to be telling anyone what they should be offended by?...and to suggest anyone is "sad" for reporting this is pretty damn offensive.

Staggering double standards.

Sylar
17-03-2012, 08:17 AM

Nah. I normally agree with a lot of your points, but you're wrong in this instance.

If we're serious about stamping out this type of behaviour from Scottish Football, we ALL have a responsibility to take action against this type of drivel.

If you were at Easter Road and heard someone around you launch a verbal barrage of sectarian/racist/homophobic insults at a player, would you really not challenge them?

Those who won't take action are part of the problem.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-03-2012, 08:24 AM
If you were at Easter Road and heard someone around you launch a verbal barrage of sectarian/racist/homophobic insults at a player, would you really not challenge them?

I'm not having a go here, but, people on here make these sorts of posts all the time, in 30 odd years of following football the only self policing I have witnessed has been whilst attending Scotland away games, certainly can't remember seeing it at a Hibs game.

Hibernia Na Eir
17-03-2012, 08:30 AM
I'd imagine the tweeter will already be on L&B's tweet list.
Muppet.

Hibernia Na Eir
17-03-2012, 08:32 AM
Surely there is a few of L&Bs finest must post on here, surely they can say something to there boss in the morning. :greengrin:wink:

you can go online and file a complaint yourself. very easy.
just direct them to the offending article.

CraigHibee
17-03-2012, 08:54 AM
Judging by another tweet from Ian last night it looks as though the guy is in a spot of bother! Serves him right though

HH81
17-03-2012, 09:01 AM
These socal networks are more hassle than they are worth.

Too many idiots on them. No doubt showing off to his mates.

Matty_Jack04
17-03-2012, 09:21 AM

I agree I think this has all gone too far IM was the one insulted and it was IM's family brought into it,if he hasnt felt the need to report it then why should any of us, there's a right goody two shoes attitude floating about these days.
At the end of the day it's a wee laddy posting nonsense before a derby he probably has no idea what he's talking about and all ready regrets it, worrying that he thinks it's ok yes but that's a parenting, education thing so let's put the pitchforks and torches down for now as IM's managed to just laugh it off as nothing

Elephant Stone
17-03-2012, 09:34 AM
I agree I think this has all gone too far IM was the one insulted and it was IM's family brought into it,if he hasnt felt the need to report it then why should any of us, there's a right goody two shoes attitude floating about these days.
At the end of the day it's a wee laddy posting nonsense before a derby he probably has no idea what he's talking about and all ready regrets it, worrying that he thinks it's ok yes but that's a parenting, education thing so let's put the pitchforks and torches down for now as IM's managed to just laugh it off as nothing

That's clearly been **** all use so far.

If you'd been posted a letter from someone saying he hoped you and your family died would it just be some nonsense?

TheEastTerrace
17-03-2012, 09:41 AM
Some of the abuse footballers get on Twitter astounds me. Stan Collymore has had some abhorrent abuse directed at him. Think a number of folk have ended up in front of the dock for tweets aimed at him.

1two
17-03-2012, 10:00 AM
At the end of the day he's a daft wee boy. I hope the police have picked up on it and give him a visit, but just give him a shaking down. Hopefully he's young enough to learn from it

Hibrandenburg
17-03-2012, 10:00 AM
Nah. I normally agree with a lot of your points, but you're wrong in this instance.

If we're serious about stamping out this type of behaviour from Scottish Football, we ALL have a responsibility to take action against this type of drivel.

10 out of 10.

If nobody tells these clowns that their behaviour is unacceptable then they will continue to believe it is.

hfc rd
17-03-2012, 10:24 AM
Absolutely disgusting behaviour. It's idiots like these guys that give Scottish fans a bad name. If anything, I'm sure the players will make sure they have the last laugh and try to win the game, not only for us fans but for Ian Murray.

blackpoolhibs
17-03-2012, 10:29 AM
10 out of 10.

If nobody tells these clowns that their behaviour is unacceptable then they will continue to believe it is.

:agree:

MrSmith
17-03-2012, 10:35 AM
I think this quote is relevant:

"evil persists when good men do nothing!"

Hibrandenburg
17-03-2012, 10:50 AM
I think this quote is relevant:

"evil persists when good men do nothing!"

Hammer+Nail+Head

pentlando
17-03-2012, 11:07 AM
Bit off topic, but anyone see Ian Murray's twitter chat with a Jumbo?

Put Ian Black right in his place haha!

Bradley Raynham ‏ @bradraynham
@ianmurray6 the hibs are getting ****ed on Sunday... Yet again! Blackies gonna get u! #gorgierules #weeteam
Ian Murray ‏ @IanMurray6
@bradraynham dnt u remember.blackie comes near means blackie smells grass! eat it boy.

:not worth:top marks

Togs91
17-03-2012, 11:18 AM
Bit off topic, but anyone see Ian Murray's twitter chat with a Jumbo?

Put Ian Black right in his place haha!

Bradley Raynham ‏ @bradraynham
@ianmurray6 the hibs are getting ****ed on Sunday... Yet again! Blackies gonna get u! #gorgierules #weeteam
Ian Murray ‏ @IanMurray6
@bradraynham dnt u remember.blackie comes near means blackie smells grass! eat it boy.

:not worth:top marks

The mans a legend !!

Russian Hibs Fan
17-03-2012, 11:27 AM
The last words of the message are shocking.

Matty_Jack04
17-03-2012, 12:57 PM
That's clearly been **** all use so far.

If you'd been posted a letter from someone saying he hoped you and your family died would it just be some nonsense?

thats my point ES if i found it a problem id report it ... murray has laughed it off yet we're all screaming for someone to report it to the police IM is a big boy im sure he can decide for himself how or if to act on it

Pete
17-03-2012, 01:12 PM
thats my point ES if i found it a problem id report it ... murray has laughed it off yet we're all screaming for someone to report it to the police IM is a big boy im sure he can decide for himself how or if to act on it

Ian Murray might laugh it off but what happens after that? A child now has the impression that this sort of behaviour can go unpunished and is acceptable because the recipient of the abuse isn't bothered by it. Chances are Ian isn't bothered because he has had so much of this over time. Other people will be reading this and if they don't see action being taken it gives the impression that this is somehow acceptable.
We waffle on about the old firm and all their baggage so why are we not, to a man, condemning this in the strongest possible terms?

blackpoolhibs
17-03-2012, 01:21 PM

Is it only the person who is the subject of crimes that can report them these days? If you saw someone breaking into next door house, would you just leave it to them to inform the police?

Franck Stanton
17-03-2012, 01:22 PM

And that is exactly how those idiots get away with all the keek they spout. How is standing up and being counted , saying that this type of nonsence is totally unacceptable deemed "grassing"? Get real. This idiot needs sorted out by the authorities and the more decent people stand up to him and his ilk the better. Do you think the remarks are acceptable ? Just how far do you think someone can go before even you would report it to the police? and even then - would you deem yourself a "grass"? Thugs and idiots hide behind this "grass" attitude, reporting an idiot for their anti-social behaviour isnt "grassing" as you put it.

Matty_Jack04
17-03-2012, 01:24 PM
Ian Murray might laugh it off but what happens after that? A child now has the impression that this sort of behaviour can go unpunished and is acceptable because the recipient of the abuse isn't bothered by it. Chances are Ian isn't bothered because he has had so much of this over time. Other people will be reading this and if they don't see action being taken it gives the impression that this is somehow acceptable.
We waffle on about the old firm and all their baggage so why are we not, to a man, condemning this in the strongest possible terms?

It says further in the thread that the child apologised and has deleted his twitter account, do you think other people who have read whats happened hasnt then messaged the boy abuse in return? maybe threatened to harm him/his family?

its going way too far, we've all done or said stupid things when we're young fortunatley social media wasnt around, should the boy get a criminal record at 16 year old for sectarian abuse? if thats the case i can see youth unemployment taking a sharp rise in the near future.

hes made an @rse of himself, what happens next regarding the incident is for IM to decide not any of us

Matty_Jack04
17-03-2012, 01:28 PM
Is it only the person who is the subject of crimes that can report them these days? If you saw someone breaking into next door house, would you just leave it to them to inform the police?

no i wouldnt no

IM retweeted this messgae for all his followers to see....he never tweeted the internet police..he then answered the boy back

then it was posted on here for all to pass judgement all im saying is if IM hasnt taken it as a hugely shameful act and reported it why should any of us?

say you report it to the police then the police goto Ian Murrays house he justs laughs and says nah im not pressing charges hes just a silly wee boy, where does that leave you?

blackpoolhibs
17-03-2012, 01:32 PM
no i wouldnt no

IM retweeted this messgae for all his followers to see....he never tweeted the internet police..he then answered the boy back

then it was posted on here for all to pass judgement all im saying is if IM hasnt taken it as a hugely shameful act and reported it why should any of us?

say you report it to the police then the police goto Ian Murrays house he justs laughs and says nah im not pressing charges hes just a silly wee boy, where does that leave you?

It leaves me in exactly the same place as before, what a daft question? :confused: If i had reported it, what have i done wrong?

Pete
17-03-2012, 01:40 PM
It says further in the thread that the child apologised and has deleted his twitter account, do you think other people who have read whats happened hasnt then messaged the boy abuse in return? maybe threatened to harm him/his family?

its going way too far, we've all done or said stupid things when we're young fortunatley social media wasnt around, should the boy get a criminal record at 16 year old for sectarian abuse? if thats the case i can see youth unemployment taking a sharp rise in the near future.

hes made an @rse of himself, what happens next regarding the incident is for IM to decide not any of us

He only apologised and deleted his account because he got caught...and you can't excuse this behaviour because highlighting it might somehow endanger his family. He might get a bad name, he might not but it isn't our fault for highlighting it. Its his and if it takes this to get the message accross to other youngsters that this isn't acceptable then so be it.

I understand where you are coming from. There is a lot of witch hunting going on and trial by youtube etc...however this subject is far too serious to get caught up in debates like that. Perpetrators should be highlighted and made an example of without exception.

Matty_Jack04
17-03-2012, 01:45 PM
It leaves me in exactly the same place as before, what a daft question? :confused: If i had reported it, what have i done wrong?

wouldnt you believe youve wasted your time, ians time and the police time? for no reason other than a self proclaimed moral pat on the back?

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-03-2012, 01:51 PM
Has anybody on here actually reported the wee ned to the authorities or are you all just being keyboard moral crusaders?

blackpoolhibs
17-03-2012, 02:01 PM
wouldnt you believe youve wasted your time, ians time and the police time? for no reason other than a self proclaimed moral pat on the back?

No, no and no.

Elephant Stone
17-03-2012, 02:01 PM

What the **** is a self proclaimed moral pat on the back? :faf:

If this was reported it wouldn't be wasting anyone's time, if it means there's one less degenerate pretending to care about politics and religion for the sake of spreading hatred then that's time well spent. I really don't know why you're so keen on arguing against the folk who've posted about this, Murray's taken a pretty sick message and the fans have stuck up for him, it's really not much more complicated than that.

joe breezy
17-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Hope he gets a sentence and meets mr Big in the shower

basehibby
17-03-2012, 03:58 PM

:faf: Pathetic wee fud is running scared but I think he could be nailed :lolyam:

basehibby
17-03-2012, 04:01 PM

He's had more than his fair share of stick over the years (including from the odd cranially challenged Hibs fan) and probably thinks life is too short to get upset by some inbred fanny's spontaneous musings.

17-03-2012, 04:03 PM
Pathetic. Do these idiotic, brain dead little neds not have anything better to do in there lives than hide behind a keyboard and give needless abuse to people. Bet he wouldn't say it to his face!

Jones28
17-03-2012, 04:05 PM
:thumbsup:

ps remember Murrays tackle on Black at the PBS? :devil:

Tackle?

Karate kick to the heed you mean? :greengrin

Jones28
17-03-2012, 04:08 PM
no i wouldnt no

You don't have to press charges for the police to do something about it.

basehibby
17-03-2012, 04:15 PM

You are refering to the idiots who sing the "edinburgh song" - some of whom were happilly arrested following the Ayr game - and the bawbags posting on here who think it's all OK cos it was their mates.

Rest assured that the bawbags do not represent the majority of Hibs supporters. Most folk feel nothing but disgust at the prospect of being associated with racists and would be quite happy to see the morons that chant racist bile at ER thrown out and banned forever.

PS - hope the silly wee scrote that inspired this thread is also taken to task and taught a lesson by L&B's finest.

ChooseLife
17-03-2012, 04:15 PM
He only apologised and deleted his account because he got caught...and you can't excuse this behaviour because highlighting it might somehow endanger his family. He might get a bad name, he might not but it isn't our fault for highlighting it. Its his and if it takes this to get the message accross to other youngsters that this isn't acceptable then so be it.

Spot on, a couple years in jail is the least this guy deserves, he can think about the horrible things he's said while he's getting pounded by big Franky in the showers. #wearenotsectarian :flag:

basehibby
17-03-2012, 04:35 PM

Child?!? He can get married and have a kid if he so choses - he's a young man - I've no doubt Murray WOULD have been offended at the little turd wishing death on his family (!!!) - if he gets charged and convicted and gets a criminal record you won't find me weeping and wailing in sympathy - hopefully would just put down a marker for what other odious little sheights can expect if they choose to polute the ether with their vile rantings.

sesoim
17-03-2012, 04:46 PM
More astonishing that anyone thinks like that in 2012 **** of the earth

Astonishing? Violence, murder, rape, and all manner of other crimes are still going on in 2012. If these kind of things haven't died out, you can't expect stupidity to have died out either.

tamig
17-03-2012, 04:52 PM
Child?!? He can get married and have a kid if he so choses - he's a young man - I've no doubt Murray WOULD have been offended at the little turd wishing death on his family (!!!) - if he gets charged and convicted and gets a criminal record you won't find me weeping and wailing in sympathy - hopefully would just put down a marker for what other odious little sheights can expect if they choose to polute the ether with their vile rantings.

Absolutely. With you all the way bud. :agree:

Jack
17-03-2012, 05:17 PM
The guy wrote what he did on a forum that was / is open to the general public. On these grounds I wouldn't think its just IMs call as to whether he gets prosecuted.

Golden Bear
17-03-2012, 05:21 PM
The guy wrote what he did on a forum that was / is open to the general public. On these grounds I wouldn't think its just IMs call as to whether he gets prosecuted.

It's just not Ian Murray that he abused though.The whole of the Irish nation seems to have been a target as well.

Hibercelona
17-03-2012, 05:27 PM
10 out of 10.

Sorry, but I don't think its a matter of them "believing" that its the correct way to behave.

I'm sure they're very well aware that its wrong. But the reason they keep doing it is because it draws the attention that they're aiming to gain from it.

Don't give this idiot the time of day, because thats exactly what he wants.

Hibrandenburg
17-03-2012, 05:30 PM
You are refering to the idiots who sing the "edinburgh song" - some of whom were happilly arrested following the Ayr game - and the bawbags posting on here who think it's all OK cos it was their mates.

Rest assured that the bawbags do not represent the majority of Hibs supporters. Most folk feel nothing but disgust at the prospect of being associated with racists and would be quite happy to see the morons that chant racist bile at ER thrown out and banned forever.

PS - hope the silly wee scrote that inspired this thread is also taken to task and taught a lesson by L&B's finest.
I'm actually even more proud to be a Hibby this afternoon :-)

Jack
17-03-2012, 05:32 PM
It's just not Ian Murray that he abused though.The whole of the Irish nation seems to have been a target as well.

The purpose of what I said was in response to those who were suggesting it could only be IM that could bring charges.

I agree it seems to be directed at anyone celebrating St Patricks day or drinking a dark disgusting Irish dry stout.

Hibernia&Alba
17-03-2012, 05:35 PM
I'm actually even more proud to be a Hibby this afternoon :-)

And so we should be. Our club and support has a fantastic track record of inclusivity and tolerance. The vast majority don't make excuses for any form of prejudice, which is an essential component of the club :thumbsup:

Hibernia&Alba
17-03-2012, 05:38 PM
The purpose of what I said was in response to those who were suggesting it could only be IM that could bring charges.

I agree it seems to be directed at anyone celebrating St Patricks day or drinking a dark disgusting Irish dry stout.

The beverage of the heavens!

Hibernia Na Eir
17-03-2012, 05:49 PM

I recall It's not the first occasion others have shown their jealousy on Saint Patricks day of all things Irish/Green...
time the little endowed ones grew up!

Sir David Gray
17-03-2012, 06:23 PM

Fair enough. I just see it as a matter between Ian Murray and the guy that posted it up.

If Ian Murray doesn't feel that it needs to go any further then I don't see the need for anyone else to pursue the matter on his behalf. It's between the two of them to deal with.

It doesn't matter who the target was. It was anti-Irish and anti-catholic abuse and is illegal behavior. What's even worse is that it is coming from a child.

And who are you to be telling anyone what they should be offended by?...and to suggest anyone is "sad" for reporting this is pretty damn offensive.

Staggering double standards.

No-one's saying that you shouldn't find something offensive.

What I'm saying is, I just think it's a bit sad to be looking through posts on a social networking site, see one that is aimed at a particular individual that you consider to be offensive and then fire off an e-mail or whatever to the police. It's up to Ian Murray to decide whether he thinks it should be referred to the police.

He's a grown man and I'm sure he's able to look after himself when it comes to stupid idiots posting things on his Twitter account.

Sectarian/racist/homophobic are all subjective terms. You would have to give me specific examples before I could answer that question. What I will say on that matter is that it's slightly different from the issue we're discussing at the moment. Shouts and chants towards players from the stands may not have been heard by the player who has been targeted so in that instance I can understand if someone wants to complain to the police.

In the case with any Twitter posts, the person who is on the end of any abuse at least is fully aware of the comments and can make a decision on whether they want to report it or not.

And, on a purely pedantic point, what I posted earlier was an opinion so it can't possibly be wrong! :na na:

:wink:

Incidently, I've just read THIS (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2116292/Sick-internet-trolls-target-Robbie-Savage-footballers-dad-dies.html) story, which I think is ten times worse than the story we're talking about with Murray.

Whatever your thoughts are of Robbie Savage, no-one deserves to be taunted like this.

Anyone who thinks up stuff like that, and then thinks it's an acceptable or funny thing to say to someone, is just unbelievably sick and twisted.

But, like with the Murray issue, it's up to Robbie Savage to take it further.

PaulSmith
17-03-2012, 07:08 PM
Fair enough. I just see it as a matter between Ian Murray and the guy that posted it up.

If Ian Murray doesn't feel that it needs to go any further then I don't see the need for anyone else to pursue the matter on his behalf. It's between the two of them to deal with.

What I'm saying is, I just think it's a bit sad to be looking through posts on a social networking site, see one that is aimed at a particular individual that you consider to be offensive and then fire off an e-mail or whatever to the police. It's up to Ian Murray to decide whether he thinks it should be referred to the police.

He's a grown man and I'm sure he's able to look after himself when it comes to stupid idiots posting things on his Twitter account.

Sectarian/racist/homophobic are all subjective terms. You would have to give me specific examples before I could answer that question. What I will say on that matter is that it's slightly different from the issue we're discussing at the moment. Shouts and chants towards players from the stands may not have been heard by the player who has been targeted so in that instance I can understand if someone wants to complain to the police.

In the case with any Twitter posts, the person who is on the end of any abuse at least is fully aware of the comments and can make a decision on whether they want to report it or not.

And, on a purely pedantic point, what I posted earlier was an opinion so it can't possibly be wrong! :na na:

Incidently, I've just read THIS (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2116292/Sick-internet-trolls-target-Robbie-Savage-footballers-dad-dies.html) story, which I think is ten times worse than the story we're talking about with Murray.

Whatever your thoughts are of Robbie Savage, no-one deserves to be taunted like this.

Anyone who thinks up stuff like that, and then thinks it's an acceptable or funny thing to say to someone, is just unbelievably sick and twisted.

All good personal points but fortunately we live in a democracy where laws are passed and we are bound to see them upheld.
In this case and with the new offensive communications act the police will have to be seen to act otherwise the whole bill is worthless within a number of days of it being made law. That ain't going to happen here and before anyone asks I wouldn't be the one making a complaint to the police, I highlighted to show the complete arrogance of people who think that it's big and clever to spout this pish and think that there is no consequence to their actions.
The laddie, should it come to pass, will have his own right of defence in court.
It's called justice, tough as it may be sound but you know what if he's made an example of by the courts and it makes others think twice then it's a price worth paying.

Hibrandenburg
17-03-2012, 07:46 PM

Think you're calling this one wrong FH. ****bags bank on others not getting involved. Even bullies normally end their deeds with a warning not to tell anyone or else.

There was a prominent case last year where a mother with a disabled daughter took their lives because they were living in hell and nobody had the civil courage to say/do anything. If maybe one person had spoken out and set the trend differently, then maybe both would still be alive.

Phil D. Rolls
18-03-2012, 11:00 AM

she.....he did!

The Green Goblin
18-03-2012, 11:56 AM

If it was something that was said privately in person, yes, if it was posted on a site for anyone in the world to read, no.

GG

sesoim
18-03-2012, 02:27 PM
Think you're calling this one wrong FH. ****bags bank on others not getting involved. Even bullies normally end their deeds with a warning not to tell anyone or else.

There was a prominent case last year where a mother with a disabled daughter took their lives because they were living in hell and nobody had the civil courage to say/do anything. If maybe one person had spoken out and set the trend differently, then maybe both would still be alive.

I take your point, but that case dwarfs cases like this. There is a huge difference between somebody posting something stupid on the internet, and a bunch of thugs going out of their way to terrorise a women and her disabled child for months or years on end. The stupid thing is that kind of abuse barely gets attention from politicians because it doesn't tick any vote winning boxes, unlike some of their politically correct crusades which get larger sections of society on their side.

If anyone is offended by things that people type or say, then they can report it if they feel that is right. But personally I would rather all the police resources are used to tackle dangerous, damaging criminals first and foremost.

Hibrandenburg
18-03-2012, 02:32 PM
I take your point, but that case dwarfs cases like this. There is a huge difference between somebody posting something stupid on the internet, and a bunch of thugs going out of their way to terrorise a women and her disabled child for months or years on end. The stupid thing is that kind of abuse barely gets attention from politicians because it doesn't tick any vote winning boxes, unlike some of their politically correct crusades which get larger sections of society on their side.

If anyone is offended by things that people type or say, then they can report it if they feel that is right. But personally I would rather all the police resources are used to tackle dangerous, damaging criminals first and foremost.

Your right of course when you compare the outcome of both cases. But even tragic cases like I mentioned do start on a small scale. My point is that all this sort of **** needs to be nipped in the bud.

Hibernia Na Eir
18-03-2012, 03:09 PM
first Ian Murray, now Pat Fenlon today (again).
seems like sectarian abuse on the rise, not falling.

hibbybob
19-03-2012, 05:04 PM
The police didn't waste any time collaring this guy for offensive comments on Twitter!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-17434587

PaulSmith
19-03-2012, 05:19 PM
The police didn't waste any time collaring this guy for offensive comments on Twitter!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-17434587

Judge said very likely to get a jail sentence which is the same as what happened recently in Scotland.
Note that Muamba obviously didn't make the complaint but offender is still guilty of breaking law by his posts.

Steven_Hibs
19-03-2012, 07:50 PM
Ian Murray was at The Melvile Bar after the game :greengrin Just thought I'd share :na na:

silverhibee
19-03-2012, 07:58 PM
Ian Murray was at The Melvile Bar after the game :greengrin Just thought I'd share :na na:

He was at the game sitting in with the Hibs fans. :na na: :greengrin

Steven_Hibs
19-03-2012, 08:25 PM
He was at the game sitting in with the Hibs fans. :na na: :greengrin

Aye, I guessed that :greengrin

Hibrandenburg
19-03-2012, 09:34 PM

FFS can you no keep a lid on it. Divulging information about Ian's whereabouts when he's got a jam hitman on his case. Security is not a dirty word. ;-)