PDA

View Full Version : McPake

007 Mickey Weir
16-03-2012, 05:21 PM
He really is some player. Great on the pitch. Solid and reliable. Also says the right thing off the pitch. I hope we pull out all the stops to make him our club captain for a few years. If he signs for us I could see him getting into the Scotland set up.

From BBC website -

Hibernian captain James McPake: "This is probably most excited I have been about a game in my career, it's going to be a very special day and one to remember.
"We are going there still fighting for our lives and need to pick up points (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17330239#). We can't forget that just because it is derby weekend.
"Sometimes you can build these games up too much and fall flat on your face. We are going there for three points, though.
"We need the win (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17330239#) more than them and we will go there and have a go." :not worth

seven nowt
16-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Best player in the team. Please sign him up permanently Pat!

AlbertK86
17-03-2012, 01:18 PM
Let's hope the rest of them are as up for it as McPake.

C'mon Hibs let's stuff these gorgie barstewards !!!

GGTTH

calumhibee1
17-03-2012, 01:43 PM
I've no doubt McPake will be doing all he can to get everyone as up for it tomorrow as he is. Looking forward to it, hopefully our improvement continues and we can take all 3 points, cause they're *****. :agree:

hfc rd
17-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Please sign him up Pat!! He is the type of CB we've been looking for all long. Captain material who knows what he is talking about and produces the goods on the pitch as well.

17-03-2012, 04:23 PM
Been a fantastic signing so far, heres hoping we can tie him up on a permanent contract. He will play a very important role tomorrow and hopefully he can keep the defence strong and organised because that is what we will need to be especially against players like Skacel and Beattie who could cause us real trouble. Too many times in derbys we have thrown away stupid goals to them because our defense has been week and lacked leadership. McPake however seems to be the leader we have been missing for a long time, you can see him barking orders at players and organising the back four. Hanlon seems far more confident with him too.

Baldy Foghorn
17-03-2012, 05:15 PM
Been a fantastic signing so far, heres hoping we can tie him up on a permanent contract. He will play a very important role tomorrow and hopefully he can keep the defence strong and organised because that is what we will need to be especially against players like Skacel and Beattie who could cause us real trouble. Too many times in derbys we have thrown away stupid goals to them because our defense has been week and lacked leadership. McPake however seems to be the leader we have been missing for a long time, you can see him barking orders at players and organising the back four. Hanlon seems far more confident with him too.

Agree with all above, really like McPake, a no nonsense centre half, and has helped Hanlon back to form.