PDA

View Full Version : Four arrested for paggering before the Ayr game

hibs0666
16-03-2012, 01:30 PM
STV report (http://news.stv.tv/scotland/east-central/300810-four-arrested-in-connection-with-football-violence-before-hibs-game/)

Seems like it's getting harder and harder for the hoolies to just melt away into the background after incidents these days.

Scouse Hibee
16-03-2012, 01:34 PM
Good! If found guilty I hope they receive a hefty football banning order and are named and shamed!

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-03-2012, 01:38 PM
Violence befor the game on Sunday! I hope thats not what was written in the charges!

frazeHFC
16-03-2012, 01:39 PM
So whats that in total? 10 arrests?

DC_Hibs
16-03-2012, 02:23 PM
Q - Why not just ask them to come into the station rather than pointless early morning raids.

A - It doesn't make as big a news headline.

Waste of police resources (time and money) that could have been better spent in other areas.

Cabbage East
16-03-2012, 02:26 PM
Good! If found guilty I hope they receive a hefty football banning order and are named and shamed!

I think you should be banned from football.

RIP
16-03-2012, 02:28 PM
At least the report doesn't pretend they are football fans

Anyone who engages in pre-planned violence isn't fit to be described as a Hibs Supporter. These loons are merely using a football match as an excuse for a bit of man to man contact. Why don't they try cage fighting or wrestling instead?

Pretty Boy
16-03-2012, 02:37 PM
STV report (http://news.stv.tv/scotland/east-central/300810-four-arrested-in-connection-with-football-violence-before-hibs-game/)

Seems like it's getting harder and harder for the hoolies to just melt away into the background after incidents these days.

Good.

Attention seekers.

Scouse Hibee
16-03-2012, 02:49 PM

WTF are you on about?

Keith_M
16-03-2012, 02:55 PM

WTF are you on about?

He's a Troll, just ignore him and he'll (hopefully) go away.

hibs0666
16-03-2012, 03:03 PM
Q - Why not just ask them to come into the station rather than pointless early morning raids.

A - It doesn't make as big a news headline.

Waste of police resources (time and money) that could have been better spent in other areas.

Is everyone about to be arrested invited down to the station these days?

Hibercelona
16-03-2012, 03:20 PM

*Ring Ring*

"Hello?"

"You're under arrest. Now if you would like to make your own way down to the station so we can put the cuffs on, it would save us the bother or raiding your house".

"Aye, i'll be right over".

:greengrin

Keith_M
16-03-2012, 03:21 PM
*Ring Ring*

"Hello?"

"You're under arrest. Now if you would like to make your own way down to the station so we can put the cuffs on, it would save us the bother or raiding your house".

I'm sure that would work :greengrin

Hibernia Na Eir
16-03-2012, 03:28 PM
i'd imagine there will be loads of arrests in the weeks to come once the poliz look at the CCTV from the Central Station row.

The old 5am knock knock

Hibernia&Alba
16-03-2012, 04:05 PM
How do the police know who these idiots are and that they were definitely involved?

Grown men behaving like that like that at football is beyond pathetic. I just don't understand the mentality.

Hibercelona
16-03-2012, 04:09 PM
How do the police know who these idiots are and that they were definitely involved?

Because its always the same dafties and they will just keep getting caught on security cameras time and time again. It's easy for the police to track them down, because they'll already be on record.

Hibernia Na Eir
16-03-2012, 04:18 PM
some of the casuals are on first name terms with the sid, It's nothin new. police have extensive dossiers on all firms now.
simple case of matching CCTV images with dossiers!
hardly rocket science.

StevieC
16-03-2012, 04:43 PM
how do the police know who these idiots are and that they were definitely involved?

cctv?

.Sean.
16-03-2012, 04:44 PM

Anyone who engages in pre-planned violence isn't fit to be described as a Hibs Supporter. These loons are merely using a football match as an excuse for a bit of man to man contact. Why don't they try cage fighting or wrestling instead?

Ah, the old ''if you're a casual then you're no' a real fan'' pish rears it's head again.

Bristolhibby
16-03-2012, 04:46 PM
How about just paggering somewhere without CCTV? Like an industrial wasteland.

J

PaulSmith
16-03-2012, 04:51 PM
i'd imagine there will be loads of arrests in the weeks to come once the poliz look at the CCTV from the Central Station row.

The old 5am knock knock

Yip, and it'll be a 5am knock on a Friday with no bail until the Monday

At The Edge
16-03-2012, 04:55 PM

J

Tynecastle?

Pretty Boy
16-03-2012, 05:36 PM

J

Because nobody would see them there.

essexhibee
16-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Because nobody would see them there.

Exactly. If these guys really wanted a set too why not go to a public park at night where they wouldn't be disturbed?

Pretty Boy
16-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Exactly. If these guys really wanted a set too why not go to a public park at night where they wouldn't be disturbed?

My guess is its because they want to be seen.

I understand the adrenaline rush of violence, I boxed at a decent amateur level for 6 years, but swinging a couple of punches before being arrested or having to run from the Police doesn't really qualify.

Hence my belief a lot of it is attention seeking and wanting to be seen to be hard as opposed to a genuine wish to have a fight. If it was about fighting surely your suggestion or joining a boxing or mixed martial arts club would be the sensible thing to do.

Kojock
16-03-2012, 06:00 PM

Sorry to disturb you but is there any chance you could call into the station about 7am on Friday morning. Its just that we need to speak to you regarding a jolly jape you were involved in Ayr last Saturday. Please bring enough clothing etc for the weekend because once you are charged you will be locked up till you appear at court on Monday. If you could also bring enough money for your bus fare home as we forgot to mention it
will be Ayr sheriff court you will be appearing at.

I cant understand why he didnt turn up at the station.

sahib
16-03-2012, 09:59 PM
No wonder our crowds are shrinking, there will be no proper supporters left, at this rate of attrition.

Hibrandenburg
16-03-2012, 10:09 PM
No wonder our crowds are shrinking, there will be no proper supporters left, at this rate of attrition.

Wow, this is probably the first ever government conspiracy theory that I could actually believe in. Systematically puting thugs behind bars in an attempt to be seen to be doing something about criminality.

silverhibee
16-03-2012, 10:16 PM

The old 5am knock knock

:agree:

silverhibee
16-03-2012, 10:18 PM
Yip, and it'll be a 5am knock on a Friday with no bail until the Monday

And again. :agree::agree:

leither17
16-03-2012, 11:28 PM
Ah, the old ''if you're a casual then you're no' a real fan'' pish rears it's head again.

Well it is true they are a disgrace firstly to themselves then to our club

Viva_Palmeiras
17-03-2012, 07:44 AM
I didn't see the details on ages - that's nuts then again if certain things are deep rooted then maybe certain things don't leave you.
One of the guys at my school used to tell that his mum couldnt control him - he was a very big lad even at 13 and he claimed she would throw kitchen knives at him.
I guess you never really know the background level of violence that exists in some
Folks lives.
It's when that becomes just part of their norm that I imagine they lose sense Reality. Getting that from a young age doesn't excuse but it doesn't help. Deep down people know right fro
Wrong some folks for whatever reason can't stop/control themselves.
Says more for folks that come through a tough upbringing to turn things around.

Discipline costs nothing yet many folks will cite this as one distinction between good schools and bad ones. Perhaps this doesn't set the boundaries for kids that don't have any at home? That said the Krays were given the belt, the birch, went to borstal, served time in the army yet still ended up where they did!

Baldy
17-03-2012, 07:55 AM

:top marks, unfortunatelysean, it seems that Gogs43 thinks that the casuals are not real fans but if you sing daft songs then you are.

even though most of the "casuals" go to more games than him

Hibbyradge
17-03-2012, 08:03 AM
I didn't see the details on ages - that's nuts then again if certain things are deep rooted then maybe certain things don't leave you.
One of the guys at my school used to tell that his mum couldnt control him - he was a very big lad even at 13 and he claimed she would throw kitchen knives at him.
I guess you never really know the background level of violence that exists in some
Folks lives.
It's when that becomes just part of their norm that I imagine they lose sense Reality. Getting that from a young age doesn't excuse but it doesn't help. Deep down people know right fro
Wrong some folks for whatever reason can't stop/control themselves.
Says more for folks that come through a tough upbringing to turn things around.

Discipline costs nothing yet many folks will cite this as one distinction between good schools and bad ones. Perhaps this doesn't set the boundaries for kids that don't have any at home? That said the Krays were given the belt, the birch, went to borstal, served time in the army yet still ended up where they did!

That's an interesting point.

A child's home life is reality. It's how a child believes the world works and it sets the scene for the adult behaviour.

People can work hard to change their outlook and their behaviour, but under times of stress etc, the default position is adopted and if the upbringing was critical, neglectful or violent, that's what can manifest.

To go on a slight tangent, when I watch people screaming abuse at Hibs players and critisising every less than perfect play, I can't help but wonder what their childhoods were like because they learnt to behave like that somewhere along the line.

RickyS
17-03-2012, 08:08 AM
I've met and trained with Brad a few times and he's a really decent guy. Through his boxing club he's probably doing more to keep young guys paggering in the street than any Police initiative or scheme.

I understand guys like Brad getting involved in football violence when they are young and mob mentality is a pretty at description. We all do silly things when we are young, myself as much as anyone. However when you read the reports of last weeks nonsense at Glasgow Central one of the guys was 48. That's old enough to be a Grandfather ffs. Surely at 48 you should really have grown up and found a more productive recreational activity that doesn't involve violence, an arrest and a courtroom appearance.

or great grandfather if your from dundee:greengrin

Chuck Rhoades
17-03-2012, 08:10 AM

Named and shamed? Most of the guys probably have full time jobs and a family. A banning order and charge is enough punishment.

Chuck Rhoades
17-03-2012, 08:14 AM
:top marks, unfortunatelysean, it seems that Gogs43 thinks that the casuals are not real fans but if you sing daft songs then you are.

What a ****ing stupid post.

Pretty Boy
17-03-2012, 08:20 AM
Presumambly you men keep youg guys from paggering...

Indeed

Mikey
17-03-2012, 08:25 AM
C'mon folks, no names please!

I've just removed the posts with names in them, or with names quoted. Feel free to try again :greengrin

wearethehibs
17-03-2012, 08:28 AM

Oh FFS

Hibbyradge
17-03-2012, 08:30 AM
Named and shamed? Most of the guys probably have full time jobs and a family. A banning order and charge is enough punishment.

What are they doing fighting before football matches if they're such responsible adults that the consequence of being named is so draconian?

Hibrandenburg
17-03-2012, 08:35 AM

Real fans wouldn't intentionally do something to bring the club into disrepute or muddy their name. Taking that into account then Gogs is quite correct.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-03-2012, 08:38 AM
Real fans wouldn't intentionally do something to bring the club into disrepute or muddy their name. Taking that into account then Gogs is quite correct.

What about Barca fans? ;-)

Hibrandenburg
17-03-2012, 08:51 AM
What about Barca fans? ;-)

Lol, Barking fans can GTF.

Hibrandenburg
17-03-2012, 08:56 AM

A child's home life is reality. It's how a child believes the world works and it sets the scene for the adult behaviour.

People can work hard to change their outlook and their behaviour, but under times of stress etc, the default position is adopted and if the upbringing was critical, neglectful or violent, that's what can manifest.

To go on a slight tangent, when I watch people screaming abuse at Hibs players and critisising every less than perfect play, I can't help but wonder what their childhoods were like because they learnt to behave like that somewhere along the line.
Good post. In essence these types are screwed up from the core, so much so that they see absolutely no wrong in what they do because for them it's normal life.

Keith_M
17-03-2012, 10:20 AM
If people don't think thnk that 48 is too old to still be doing this sort of thing, when exactly DO they plan on giving it up?

I can just imagine the headlines now for the 2032 SC Semi-Final.....

"Six members of The Glasgow Zimmer Frame Crew arrested in mass brawl at Central Station. Members of the Edinburgh Incontinence Pants Firm also expected to be targets of the L&B Police afternoon raids (planned for during the Old Folks home afternoon nap). Edinburgh man caught on camera shouting 'you want a peace of me?' just as his prosthetic leg fell off."

CropleyWasGod
17-03-2012, 10:25 AM
If people don't think thnk that 48 is too old to still be doing this sort of thing, when exactly DO they plan on giving it up?

I can just imagine the headlines now for the 2032 SC Semi-Final.....

"Six members of The Glasgow Zimmer Frame Crew arrested in mass brawl at Central Station. Members of the Edinburgh Incontinence Pants Firm also expected to be targets of the L&B Police afternoon raids (planned for during the Old Folks home afternoon nap). Edinburgh man caught on camera shouting 'you want a peace of me?' just as his prosthetic leg fell off."

I tend not to fall into "x is too old/too young to be doing things at his/her age". I'm in my fifties, and still love going to Glasto, for example. People tell me I'm too old. Equally, young guys who play bowls get "you're too young for that..."

For me, it's not about the number on your birth certificate, it's about the number on your last IQ test.

(by the way, did we win that Semi? Are we in with a chance of winning the Cup for the first time in 130 years? Will Hearts go bust soon? )

Keith_M
17-03-2012, 10:26 AM
I tend not to fall into "x is too old/too young to be doing things at his/her age". I'm in my fifties, and still love going to Glasto, for example. People tell me I'm too old. Equally, young guys who play bowls get "you're too young for that..."

For me, it's not about the number on your birth certificate, it's about the number on your last IQ test.

(by the way, did we win that Semi? Are we in with a chance of winning the Cup for the first time in 130 years? Will Hearts go bust soon? )

They've just been paid their March 2012 wages.

CropleyWasGod
17-03-2012, 10:27 AM
They've just been paid their March 2012 wages.

... does that mean the auditors can sign off the 2011 accounts?:cb

Greentinted
17-03-2012, 10:54 AM

Well constructed post, particularly the part in bold.

Scouse Hibee
17-03-2012, 01:03 PM

So they have the responsibilities of families and jobs yet these clowns can't control themselves around football. According to folk on here most of these idiots are proud of what they do so surely they would be proud when their names are publicised.

Elephant Stone
17-03-2012, 01:14 PM

Oh those poor, wee casuals.:boo hoo:

Broken Gnome
17-03-2012, 01:23 PM
If you're a real fan, getting yourself banned from buying tickets to Hibs' games for x amount of years puts a fair question on your credentials/sanity.

MSK
17-03-2012, 01:27 PM

(by the way, did we win that Semi? Are we in with a chance of winning the Cup for the first time in 130 years? Will Hearts go bust soon? )They never say that tae me !!! :)

silverhibee
17-03-2012, 02:23 PM
They never say that tae me !!! :)

At 45 i hope not. :wink: :thumbsup:

easty
17-03-2012, 02:36 PM
I'm in my fifties, and still love going to Glasto

bloody hippy!

MSK
17-03-2012, 02:39 PM
At 45 i hope not. :wink: :thumbsup:Ive got boyish looks ...still get asked for ID when I go tae pubs ...:)

easty
17-03-2012, 02:40 PM
*Ring Ring*

"Hello?"

Phoning is so 2005...they should just tweet them. @hibscasual81 get yourself down to gayfield asap. you're well nicked.

silverhibee
17-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Ive got boyish looks ...still get asked for ID when I go tae pubs ...:)

Yep, have the same problems myself, how good is it when they ask for your ID. :greengrin

sesoim
17-03-2012, 04:45 PM

To go on a slight tangent, when I watch people screaming abuse at Hibs players and criticising every less than perfect play, I can't help but wonder what their childhoods were like because they learnt to behave like that somewhere along the line.

Totally agree. I'm not saying bad behaviour is acceptable (especially violence), but there is usually an unfortunate reason lurking in the background for most things people do. And on these threads, and the internet in general, I could do without people passing judgement and twisting every issue to push their own personal/political leanings (I'm at fault myself sometimes - I hate political correctness). Some people seem to deliberately bring up news items purely so that they can either insult people, or get all self-righteous. I get enough of that with the blooming media.

If only this site was just purely about Hibs playing football.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-03-2012, 06:19 PM
C'mon folks, no names please!

I've just removed the posts with names in them, or with names quoted. Feel free to try again :greengrin

Sorry Mikey perfectly reasonable.

Said incidents were in the public domain reported at the time but happy to steer clear.

CropleyWasGod
17-03-2012, 06:25 PM
bloody hippy!

V

(does that get round the swear filter?) :na na:

Hibernia Na Eir
17-03-2012, 06:28 PM
48 y/o men behaving like children.....

pro-footballers almost dying entertaining fans....

Not a lot more u can say really!!!