PDA

View Full Version : NHC One less numpty in Scottish Football

H18sry
16-03-2012, 12:41 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17398419?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=sportsound :wink:

Badabing
16-03-2012, 12:45 PM
He'll just get replaced by another numpty:-)

JIm
16-03-2012, 12:47 PM
One less referee in the game, definately not a good thing.

JimBHibees
16-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Not too sure one of the better ones IMO, cant be any worse than some who continue to get top games.

LeithBoozy
16-03-2012, 12:53 PM
They want to ref game after game, making in their eyes, honest mistake after mistake, whist getting paid Hundreds and never getting pulled-up for it.

Mikeystewart
16-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Within the context of the new retrospective punishment system, this man has had to quit refereeing something he has done at the top level for nearly 20 years because a player dived to win his team a penalty. The angle he had meant it looked like a legitimate penalty. There needs to be a complete change in the way governing bodies treat diving and Conroy's penalty decision should not have been held against him in the circumstances. A 2 match ban IMO is not enough.

Seveno
16-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Quote from Ally about Aluko :

"The three gentlemen on the panel have effectively called my player a cheat and a liar, neither of which he is," he said.

Like Chairman like player.

JIm
16-03-2012, 01:00 PM
They want to ref game after game, making in their eyes, honest mistake after mistake, whist getting paid Hundreds and never getting pulled-up for it.

Perhaps you should give it a shot, see how you get on? :aok:

Scouse Hibee
16-03-2012, 01:25 PM
One of the better refs in the Scottish game which it can ill afford to lose. Would love to see some of the so called refereeing experts on here try to referee a game!

seven nowt
16-03-2012, 01:34 PM
He's getting paid loads. You've got to expect pressure when your a referee, especially when you are refereeing in the weegies games.

And "Top Class Refereeing"

:faf:

JimBHibees
16-03-2012, 01:45 PM
The Aluko one was a bad decision howevr he was also proven to be right regarding the GOC penalty v St J's though I get the impression SFA refs department werent happy about that one.

Was the Aluko one any worse than the Pawlett dive v us which Craig Thomson gave who will be going to the Euros in the summer apparently?

JeMeSouviens
16-03-2012, 01:53 PM
He's 45 so would be retired at the end of the season anyway. Hollow gesture.

JIm
16-03-2012, 01:56 PM

Not indeed the case, i'm led to believe that new regulations now mean that referees can continue past the age of 47 (retirement age for referees) if they can cope with the physical demands of the game and pass the required fitness tests.

For the record i'm not a fan of referees, but i do appreicate how hard a job they have. They are an easy target for critisicm (rightly so sometimes) but also feel that they need alot more help and protection.

Sad that a decent referee has had to quit.

LeithBoozy
16-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Perhaps you should give it a shot, see how you get on? :aok:

For close to a grand a game, I would give it a shot and Hearts would never win another derby that I WAS IN CHARGE OF, Impartial my erse.

Kaiser1962
16-03-2012, 02:40 PM
Refereeing is becoming impossible and if the authorities dont start to back the officials and punish the cheats then the game will become more of a farce than it is.

Sad to see him go.

poolman
16-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Quote from Ally about Aluko :

"The three gentlemen on the panel have effectively called my player a cheat and a liar, neither of which he is," he said.

Like Chairman like player.

If the cap fits Ally :agree:

blackpoolhibs
16-03-2012, 02:42 PM
I'd wager there are no bent ref's in the Scottish game, poor ones yes but bent no. This is another case of the old firm driving another ref out of the game.

They make mistakes, but who doesn't, and if players were not diving all over the place and claiming free kicks or penalty's when its clear they are not, it would be much easier for those in charge to do their jobs properly.

Add the scrutiny from the old firm managers fans and media, claiming just how much each decision has cost them, its easy to see just why he resigned.

The problems wont go away by a referee resigning.

Hibercelona
16-03-2012, 02:52 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17398419?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=sportsound :wink:

Would rather have had that numpty over the numpty we're getting on sunday. The SFA are clearly taking the pee with that appointment.

marinello59
16-03-2012, 02:54 PM
I'd wager there are no bent ref's in the Scottish game, poor ones yes but bent no. This is another case of the old firm driving another ref out of the game.

They make mistakes, but who doesn't, and if players were not diving all over the place and claiming free kicks or penalty's when its clear they are not, it would be much easier for those in charge to do their jobs properly.

Add the scrutiny from the old firm managers fans and media, claiming just how much each decision has cost them, its easy to see just why he resigned.

:top marks

BEEJ
16-03-2012, 06:13 PM
Would rather have had that numpty over the numpty we're getting on sunday. The SFA are clearly taking the pee with that appointment.
:agree:

Has anyone noticed the striking contrast between this case and the remarkably similar case of one Craig Thomson and his handling of the recent match at Pittodrie when Hibs were the visitors and lost to a solitary, dubious penalty.

That penalty was also subsequently proven to be wrongly awarded. On that occasion the player involved was also banned for two games for simulation.

After his error Conroy spends the next two months in the footballing wilderness. But Thomson just keeps on getting the better fixtures in the SPL.

If your face fits.

Hibs Class
16-03-2012, 06:25 PM

That's one way to look at it. Another would be that instead of reffing the last 2-3 months in the lower leagues and then retiring quietly, he may start a debate and it could lead to change. Unlikely, but possible.

stoneyburn hibs
16-03-2012, 06:29 PM

Spot on , lets line up the next one :rolleyes:

brog
16-03-2012, 07:49 PM
I'm not sure SC was a great ref but at least he was approachable, you could often see him chatting to players off the ball in an attempt to prevent an incident occurring. He's not like some of the other arrogant refs who only speak down to the players. IMO though the standard of reffing in Scotland is poor & I say that as a qualified ref who has every sympathy for my colleagues. When I see McVicar continues as head of Scottish refs however we're unlikely to see much improvement. He was an insufferable, pompous, Capt Mannering type whose incompetence was only surpassed by the buffoon Alan Freeland.
Having said all that, in recent years Hibs have been very unprofessional in the way we've failed to manage Refs. AS BH said, they're not bent, just incompetent & we need to ensure their incompetence does not always harm us on the field.

Jonnyboy
16-03-2012, 07:52 PM
Is this not the ref who helped Deek see off that Jambo cretin in the Caspar game?