PDA

View Full Version : If Craig Beattie

Not In The Know
16-03-2012, 09:06 AM
scores against us on Sunday that is pure and simple cheating from Hearts. They have signed a striker they cant afford to pay.

We should have went after Tevez in the Jan window. Signed him up played him for a month or two, got a rake of goals out of him to take us clear of relegation then at the end of March said oops sorry we don't have any cash. but thanks for helping us and leaving Dunfermline in the sh*te!

THE SFA/SPL better get some balls.

Woody70x2
16-03-2012, 09:11 AM
Beattie is gash... he is another wage that Hearts cannot afford... no need to worry about that cart horse...

Craig_in_Prague
16-03-2012, 09:18 AM
more bothered about that rat Skacel..... a player they signed a contract extension with during a month they had all sorts of troubles.

It's ridiculous.

How long will Romanov really want to stay keeping these bams ticking along.

truehibernian
16-03-2012, 09:19 AM
Beattie is gash... he is another wage that Hearts cannot afford... no need to worry about that cart horse...

He's certainly not 'gash' and a player that McPake and Hanlon will have to watch. I was at Tynecastle last weekend (sadly) and after his goal he seemed re-energised and was central to a lot of good Hearts attacking play.....the old adage of 'what a difference a goal makes' was certainly true. He's a decent player who has played at a good level this last few seasons. I'd certainly not disregard him as 'gash'.

Hearts should however be more worried about Leigh and Roy who I think will give Webster and Barr/McGowan a torrid time.

Stop Ian Black by getting tight to him, press high up the pitch, occupy their full backs, close space - we will beat Hearts this weekend :agree:.

Phil D. Rolls
16-03-2012, 09:22 AM
scores against us on Sunday that is pure and simple cheating from Hearts. They have signed a striker they cant afford to pay.

We should have went after Tevez in the Jan window. Signed him up played him for a month or two, got a rake of goals out of him to take us clear of relegation then at the end of March said oops sorry we don't have any cash. but thanks for helping us and leaving Dunfermline in the sh*te!

:hmmm:

happiehibbie
16-03-2012, 09:23 AM
Its no secret i go to the PBS but what i will say is that CB is a player he will cause us a problem, hearts always have a big guy up front and get the ball into him very quickly. M Pake needs to be sharp and on to him instantly.

he did not look very fit and i did not expect him to finish the game but he did

anyway its not what they do it what we do our guys need to get fire in the belly and win the second ball

and its Scott Wilsons 50th birthday bash on Saturday night so I hope his sore head on sunday turns into a migrane by 2.30

Golden Bear
16-03-2012, 09:27 AM
Presumably Beattie signed of his own free will and was well aware of the unpredictable wages situation at piggery park.

It's annoying that the yams can still attract players which are out of our budget, but as things stand, there's nothing we or anyone else can do about it.

Saorsa
16-03-2012, 10:03 AM

THE SFA/SPL better get some balls.For years they've had whole teams they cannae afford tae pay and it's time something was done about the rules tae stop this sort of thing but I'll no be hauding ma breath waiting for the clowns the run the game in this country tae take the appropriate measures.

easty
16-03-2012, 10:08 AM
I still dont get how the SFA/SPL (whoever) can say that Craig Whyte is "not fit and proper" to own a club.....but Vlad is??

Billy Whizz
16-03-2012, 10:14 AM
I've got a feeling that Beattie is playing for free to get some match time. I heard Sergio's interview at the time when Beattie signed and he said that Beattie signing was to Hearts satisfaction

Hibercelona
16-03-2012, 10:15 AM
I've got a feeling that Beattie is playing for free to get some match time. I heard Sergio's interview at the time when Beattie signed and he said that Beattie signing was to Hearts satisfaction

Is that even legal to do?

hibee92
16-03-2012, 10:17 AM

No chance

Part/Time Supporter
16-03-2012, 10:23 AM

Rubbish, he turned down offers from other clubs (inc. Killie) to sign for Hearts.

Newry Hibs
16-03-2012, 10:27 AM
However unsavoury and maybe immoral - surely they only owe the money to themselves, so aren't doing any harm??? They do (eventually) pay their tax and others. If someone wants to spend huge amounts then that's up to them. Man City make a huge loss, but have a billionaire at the helm so it doesn't 'matter'.

Personally I do think it should be stopped and some sort of 'live within your means' rule should take effect. Tevez kept West Ham up when they shouldn't have had him.

silverhibee
16-03-2012, 12:36 PM
He's certainly not 'gash' and a player that McPake and Hanlon will have to watch. I was at Tynecastle last weekend (sadly) and after his goal he seemed re-energised and was central to a lot of good Hearts attacking play.....the old adage of 'what a difference a goal makes' was certainly true. He's a decent player who has played at a good level this last few seasons. I'd certainly not disregard him as 'gash'.

Hearts should however be more worried about Leigh and Roy who I think will give Webster and Barr/McGowan a torrid time.

Stop Ian Black by getting tight to him, press high up the pitch, occupy their full backs, close space - we will beat Hearts this weekend :agree:.

Chocolate legs is very injury prone and has a poor goal ratio over his career, 38 goals for his career isn't the best, i have watched Beattie play a number of time's too, don't rate him that much, McPake and Hanlon need to hit him hard and maybe take an early yellow card and Beattie will disappear from the game, hopefully up the tunnel injured, we have the players this weekend to get stuck right in to them and let them know we wont be bullied anymore, i expect McPake and Lewis to lead by example and rough them up a bit, a few crunchie tackles will do on Black early on to. :greengrin

Remember only the best chocoate's for the loved one's this weekend, so they can share them with you later on TH. :greengrin

:agree::agree::agree:

Nando™
16-03-2012, 12:58 PM
However unsavoury and maybe immoral - surely they only owe the money to themselves, so aren't doing any harm??? They do (eventually) pay their tax and others. If someone wants to spend huge amounts then that's up to them. Man City make a huge loss, but have a billionaire at the helm so it doesn't 'matter'.

Personally I do think it should be stopped and some sort of 'live within your means' rule should take effect. Tevez kept West Ham up when they shouldn't have had him.
It matters when folk like Romanov, Abramovic, Mileson and the Man City folk are taking the absolute c*** out of entire football leagues just because they have a wee bit money.

Hibernia Na Eir
16-03-2012, 01:21 PM
did I not read that the SFA or SPL are to tighten up on clubs finances and to keep tabs on their spending?
It's bizarre that Hearts clearly have zero money, yet continue to sound out decent standard players on good salaries. Even more galling is the fact players KNOW Hearts are skint and dont pay wages on time, yet still sign on for them!
I'd be getting more worried if I were in the unfortunate position of supporting the Buy now-Pay Later Club.....they clearly have no money now and things will snowball.
It's certainly a very very weird club, yet I guess they are run by a mong!!

Scouse Hibee
16-03-2012, 01:28 PM

And if he doesn't score against us......................then they're not cheating eh????

Newry Hibs
16-03-2012, 01:37 PM
It matters when folk like Romanov, Abramovic, Mileson and the Man City folk are taking the absolute c*** out of entire football leagues just because they have a wee bit money.

Maybe it's always been like that - it's just with the Sky money particualrly in England it's been taken to a ridiculous high.

I used to quite like Man City - but now they've become a franchise. I think alot of clubs are acting like cheap whores touting their wares and hoping a rich bored guy will buy them for a while. A story I heard was that Abramovich was going to buy Spurs, but saw Chelsea ground from the air and chose them. Whether it's true or not it does seem like luck that someone comes and chooses 1 club over another.
What if the City owners had been in Liverpool and bought Everton? Would it be a different shade of blue at the top (well 2nd). Pure luck of the draw.

Nando™
16-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Maybe it's always been like that - it's just with the Sky money particualrly in England it's been taken to a ridiculous high.

I used to quite like Man City - but now they've become a franchise. I think alot of clubs are acting like cheap whores touting their wares and hoping a rich bored guy will buy them for a while. A story I heard was that Abramovich was going to buy Spurs, but saw Chelsea ground from the air and chose them. Whether it's true or not it does seem like luck that someone comes and chooses 1 club over another.
What if the City owners had been in Liverpool and bought Everton? Would it be a different shade of blue at the top (well 2nd). Pure luck of the draw.

Pure luck it sometimes does indeed seem. Romanov wanted to buy 3(?) other clubs before Hearts.

Manchester City, Gretna, Hearts, Chelsea. All pish in their respective leagues, and then BANG, trophies. Infact Hearts were not only ***** but on a downward spiral, away from Tynecastle etc. Makes me sick how it's so easy to take these diddy teams and give them this diluted success and effectively cheating other teams out of promotions and Cup wins;

Gretna - 3 lower league teams bumped out of promotion, Dundee bumped out of a place in Europe.
Hearts - Hibs bumped out of a Scottish Cup win. The entire SPL, bar Celtic, bumped out of a higher place in the league in 2006.

It's a crying shame it's not technically against the rules yet. Although, ****ging your best mate's wee sister isn't against the rules but you wouldn't do that now would you?

The sooner the rules change to eradicate this exploit, the better.

truehibernian
16-03-2012, 02:10 PM
Chocolate legs is very injury prone and has a poor goal ratio over his career, 38 goals for his career isn't the best, i have watched Beattie play a number of time's too, don't rate him that much, McPake and Hanlon need to hit him hard and maybe take an early yellow card and Beattie will disappear from the game, hopefully up the tunnel injured, we have the players this weekend to get stuck right in to them and let them know we wont be bullied anymore, i expect McPake and Lewis to lead by example and rough them up a bit, a few crunchie tackles will do on Black early on to. :greengrin

Remember only the best chocoate's for the loved one's this weekend, so they can share them with you later on TH. :greengrin

:agree::agree::agree:

Good points, well made SH. Saints pressed Hearts first 45 but sat back and allowed Black in particular to dictate. Driver (bowfing) and Beattie, second half, played a little deeper to collect possession and condense play in the midfield and wider area, so Beattie in particular took more of the ball and his goal gave him a wee bit added energy. For me it would be a case of pressing Black, and playing as high as we can on top of Grainger and McGowan (if they are the full backs) preventing them time on the ball. Would love Soares to be back too.

As for this weekend's confectionery choices........I think I'll be bringing out the old Fry's Five Centres for the missus and a cheeky wee bar of Old Jamaica for me......obviously to celebrate both 3 points and the chance of some Nathaniel King Cole :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-03-2012, 03:28 PM
Just wondering about the end point accusing somebody of cheating, taking a stand over that, and then doing the same thing? Technically we paid wages we couldn't afford as a sh*t or bust strategy to get us out of the first division. But would took our medicine for that and are all the stronger for it. That is what is missing at Tynie and Ibroke. A reality check and a bit of takng responsibility for actions.

Not In The Know
16-03-2012, 04:26 PM
Id go as far to say they are cheating because they have signed him in the middle of a period of turmoil and non payment of wages. Its not as if this situation has crept up on them. Mind you id love to know what they told Beattie to make him sign and what he is now thinking.

His signing cant even be classed as a speculate to accumulate one.

Makaveli
16-03-2012, 04:28 PM
Hearts are different from everyone else who "can't afford their wages" in that they actually can't afford to pay them.

That they can still sign players (Skacel extension, Beattie) while others aren't paid on time is a farce.

MWHIBBIES
16-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Presumably Beattie signed of his own free will and was well aware of the unpredictable wages situation at piggery park.

It's annoying that the yams can still attract players which are out of our budget, but as things stand, there's nothing we or anyone else can do about it.They're welcome to him tbh, would much prefer a fit Garry O'Conner and LG.

Tyler Durden
16-03-2012, 05:12 PM
Hearts are different from everyone else who "can't afford their wages" in that they actually can't afford to pay them.

That they can still sign players (Skacel extension, Beattie) while others aren't paid on time is a farce.

Erm, what???

ancient hibee
16-03-2012, 05:17 PM
What a load of tosh.The only reason we exist is because a guy with plenty of money came along and rescued us from going bust.If another one with even more money takes us over we'll all be delighted.