PDA

View Full Version : Your Favourite Derby Moment?

SteveHFC
15-03-2012, 03:27 PM
With derby day fast apporaching. What is everyone's favourite derby moment?

I'll go for the 6-2 game. :aok:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gUn9IRZoK0

Tha Cabbage Kid
15-03-2012, 03:39 PM

one of mine was the dean shiels penalty at tynie

hailhail22
15-03-2012, 03:40 PM
I've got two, the 6-2 game and when we won 2-0 ending there unbeaten run

silverhibee
15-03-2012, 03:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvGL4OOW55A&feature=related

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::f lag:

Lucius Apuleius
15-03-2012, 03:48 PM
Scottish Cup, Tynecastle, 1971? John Hazel, then equalizer by Donald Ford, winner by Nijinsky. Pure dead brilliant!!!!!

hibsbollah
15-03-2012, 03:52 PM
Garry O's last minute winner.

magpie1892
15-03-2012, 03:56 PM

That silver lining has a cloud in that I would kill to see us with a side containing players of that calibre in the G&W again...

15-03-2012, 04:10 PM

Thats mine :agree:

Singing "your not unbeatable!" to them at the end was brilliant :greengrin

Another favourite of mine is the night we beat them 1-0 in the cup (going on to win the cup btw!) with Jonesy scoring. We were fantastic that night, best i've ever seen us play in a derby, totally all over them. Only disappointment was that we should have scored more!

Jones28
15-03-2012, 04:11 PM

My favourite 2 as well :agree:

Only just shading out the CIS quarter final. That was the most in-control I think I have ever seen Hibs. Pure domination that night.

erin-go-bragh87
15-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Gary O'Connor's late winner right in front of me. Magic.

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-03-2012, 04:16 PM
All at Tynie for me.
Archibald's goal when we only needed 10 men.
The 0-3 game first season back up.
A 2-2 midweek game with Joe McBride bringing us back from the dead.

PatHead
The unbeatable derby is right up there. Stevie Archibald in the 10 man win at Tynie as well as 0-7 (though I wasn't at the game remember listening on the radio with my terminally ill grandad.)

Oh for more days like those starting from Sunday.

whereswallace?
Sauzee scoring in the 3-0 Millenium Derby and running the length of the pitch to celebrate with us, closely follwed by Deeks penalty in the 1-0 win at Tynie, the casper game. Was only about 1200 Hibs fans there, atmosphere was unreal.

15-03-2012, 04:19 PM

Another favourite of mine is the night we beat them 1-0 in the cup (going on to win the cup btw!) with Jonesy scoring. We were fantastic that night, best i've ever seen us play in a derby, totally all over them. Only disappointment was that we should have scored more!

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-03-2012, 04:33 PM
Gordon Hunter's winner @ Tynie!

Spike Mandela
15-03-2012, 04:57 PM
Scottish Cup QF 1979. Hibs winning 2-1 and Hearts fans fighting amongst themselves and with the polis. Satisfying!

Archibalds winner at Tynie another fave!

Togs91
15-03-2012, 04:59 PM

Was just after my birthday that, sun shining, my moment aswell what a goal!

Pretty Boy
15-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Gordon Hunter's winner @ Tynie!

This.

First time I'd ever seen us beat them.

scotiaf
15-03-2012, 05:27 PM
2-1 at tynecastle dean shiels winner. I had been drinking since 12 that day,, by kick off I was melted

Malonga's Cat
15-03-2012, 05:28 PM
Garry O'Connor's injury time winner!

Sauzee's headed goal which knocked him out and cost him teeth... got up and celebrated!

Benji scoring and running like a madman towards the hearts fans at ER.

Holmesdale Hibs
15-03-2012, 05:42 PM

The 1-0 game when Brebner shouldn't have been sent off? If so I agree, would have settled for a draw at half time, wasn't even thinking about winning.

Either that or boozy's second in the we are unbeatable game.

.Sean.
15-03-2012, 05:53 PM
The 1-0 game at Tynecastle and the Unbeatable game. There don't seem to be highlights anywhere on YouTube of the unbeatable game and i've never seen them.

blackpoolhibs
15-03-2012, 06:16 PM
2-1 at tynecastle dean shiels winner. I had been drinking since 12 that day,, by kick off I was melted

You were not with us by any chance? :greengrin We were the same, Spent all day in the Marriot hotel, then the roseburn, lots of alcohol, i mean lots. Boltonhibs was run over before the game, right over the bonnet of the car he went. :faf: Never felt a thing he said until the next day.

:greengrin My mate Billy and i were plastered, i got lost in the ground, could not find my seat after going for a pee. :tee hee: What i remember most is the celebrations after each goal, Boltonhibs and i in the seats 2 or 3 down upside down, it was mayhem. :top marks

A wee singsong along the road, then before we got to the car i spotted a kids slide in someones garden. Up i went and got stuck at the top. The people were looking out their bedroom window wondering what the hell was going on? :greengrin

We got in the car, our designated driver Dave drove us home, we were all asleep before we made the maybury roundabout, and woke up at Preston. :greengrin

What a night. :top marks

silverhibee
15-03-2012, 06:21 PM
You were not with us by any chance? :greengrin We were the same, Spent all day in the Marriot hotel, then the roseburn, lots of alcohol, i mean lots. Boltonhibs was run over before the game, right over the bonnet of the car he went. :faf: Never felt a thing he said until the next day.

:greengrin My mate Billy and i were plastered, i got lost in the ground, could not find my seat after going for a pee. :tee hee: What i remember most is the celebrations after each goal, Boltonhibs and i in the seats 2 or 3 down upside down, it was mayhem. :top marks

A wee singsong along the road, then before we got to the car i spotted a kids slide in someones garden. Up i went and got stuck at the top. The people were looking out their bedroom window wondering what the hell was going on? :greengrin

We got in the car, our designated driver Dave drove us home, we were all asleep before we made the maybury roundabout, and woke up at Preston. :greengrin

Sounds like a good day out BH. :thumbsup:

Barney McGrew
15-03-2012, 06:32 PM
http://youtu.be/luB0aej4_rE

:not worth

FranckSuzy
15-03-2012, 06:39 PM

:faf:

Bostonhibby
15-03-2012, 06:41 PM
New Years day 1973, Alan Gordon turns, raises one arm nonchalantly to the sky in modest acknowledgement of yet another goal, that is all, over an out :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
15-03-2012, 06:43 PM
Hunter's winner at Tynie for me, seem to remember I was in the asbestos ridden death trap of a stand at the time!

tanfield
15-03-2012, 06:45 PM
At Tynie: Archies goal and Gordon Hunters winner

At ER : 2-1 in 1988 to stop the first undefeated run (May and Kano scoring?) and 6-2 game

The_Exile
15-03-2012, 06:47 PM
Sauzee scoring in the 3-0 Millenium Derby and running the length of the pitch to celebrate with us.

My favourite moment, was pretty much right in front of him, 5 or 6 rows up I think, when he reached us, the sheer joy and emotion in his face was unbelievable, it's like no other feeling in the world when everything clicks into place like that, a moment I will never forget.

Tom Hart RIP
15-03-2012, 06:48 PM
Wee Russell's in the 6-2 game just beats Kenny Miller's in the 3-0 game and Jimmy O'Rourke's opener in the 7-0 game.

McIntosh
15-03-2012, 06:50 PM
Joe Harper from the half way line straight from kick off I am sure it was the first game in the Premier League circa 1975.

Bobo
15-03-2012, 07:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mepPmVNnTK0

The feeling was just as good as any win at that dump.

Bostonhibby
15-03-2012, 07:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mepPmVNnTK0

The feeling was just as good as any win at that dump.

:agree: Was there with some great Hibby pals, up to the left of the goals, and however much I try I can never pick any of us out, great performance though and stand out goal :greengrin

Hibercelona
15-03-2012, 07:40 PM
One of my favourites was the "We are unbeatble" game. Boozy and O'Conner both grabbing goals in quick concession to shut the mutant barstewards up. :thumbsup:

MotherSuperior
15-03-2012, 07:43 PM
Hunter's winner at Tynie for me, seem to remember I was in the asbestos ridden death trap of a stand at the time!

Aye that would be my favourite memory as well :-)

lyonhibs
15-03-2012, 07:48 PM
that I've seen live? Almost - genuinely - giving myself a heart attack going radge when Kerr scored. Them booing Beniuseless, Zemmama ripping the pash. Happy days

BroxburnHibee
15-03-2012, 08:30 PM
http://youtu.be/luB0aej4_rE

:not worth

Yep - thats mine as well.

I'll never forget the celebration at that goal - total carnage :greengrin

sleeping giant
15-03-2012, 08:33 PM
The Deano and GOC game at Tynie.

That stand was bouncing. Best feeling i've had at a football match

hibsfan7
15-03-2012, 08:34 PM
when benji scored the winner and run the full length of the field to celebrate in front of their fans

:hibees:hibees:hibees:hibees:hibees

sleeping giant
15-03-2012, 08:36 PM
The one-two with Mixu and Latapy :flag:

pentlando
15-03-2012, 08:38 PM

I may be making this up, but did we not have something like 81% of the possession...and scored from a corner!! Chasing shadows they were.

Baldy Foghorn
15-03-2012, 08:44 PM
I may be making this up, but did we not have something like 81% of the possession...and scored from a corner!! Chasing shadows they were.

Yip 81% that night, totally outplayed them....

15-03-2012, 08:45 PM

Yep :agree: Totally ran rings around them that night!

Baldy Foghorn
15-03-2012, 08:45 PM
when benji scored the winner and run the full length of the field to celebrate in front of their fans

:hibees:hibees:hibees:hibees:hibees

Benji being restrained by Zibi.....Some might say that was his only save for us:confused:

Jonnyboy
15-03-2012, 08:50 PM
You were not with us by any chance? We were the same, Spent all day in the Marriot hotel, then the roseburn, lots of alcohol, i mean lots. Boltonhibs was run over before the game, right over the bonnet of the car he went. :faf: Never felt a thing he said until the next day.

My mate Billy and i were plastered, i got lost in the ground, could not find my seat after going for a pee. :tee hee: What i remember most is the celebrations after each goal, Boltonhibs and i in the seats 2 or 3 down upside down, it was mayhem. :top marks

I vaguely remember that :greengrin One of the very few times in my life that I arrived drunk at a ground :greengrin Sweet ending to the day though :thumbsup:

therealgavmac
15-03-2012, 08:52 PM
Scottish Cup, Tynecastle, 1971? John Hazel, then equalizer by Donald Ford, winner by Nijinsky. Pure dead brilliant!!!!!

Was there that day with my Dad, a certain Baker boy also plaed - oh the halcyon days......

essexhibee
15-03-2012, 08:55 PM
6-2 game for the fact we ripped them to shreds that night. We were just a much better team. Wonderful night.

Did love the 3-0 pumping though. Oh and the Casper derby. To go there with no hope and win was incredible, deekos celebration was immense that night.

joebakerforever
15-03-2012, 08:56 PM
Many highlights, but the one that always jumps out was a dour New Year's derby at Tynie when Willie Hamilton scored the only goal with an audacious shot from the touchline.

Remember on the bus home some Jambos reckoned that Hamilton must have been pissed anyway to even attempt such a shot :greengrin

Jonnyboy
15-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Many highlights, but the one that always jumps out was a dour New Year's derby at Tynie when Willie Hamilton scored the only goal with an audacious shot from the touchline.

Remember on the bus home some Jambos reckoned that Hamilton must have been pissed anyway to even attempt such a shot :greengrin

Here ye go, Joe :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3Z0Qa7sjDg

Edit: around 1m 20s

blackpoolhibs
15-03-2012, 09:03 PM
I vaguely remember that :greengrin One of the very few times in my life that I arrived drunk at a ground :greengrin Sweet ending to the day though :thumbsup:

You have just jogged my memory a bit there John, i vaguely remember talking to you in the roseburn before the game now. :greengrin:party::party:

Jonnyboy
15-03-2012, 09:10 PM
You have just jogged my memory a bit there John, i vaguely remember talking to you in the roseburn before the game now. :greengrin:party::party:

Was that when you borrowed £50 off me? :greengrin

hibsbollah
15-03-2012, 09:11 PM

Thats great footage :aok: i particularly like the pitch invader with the flashers mac. No stewards either.

blackpoolhibs
15-03-2012, 09:12 PM
Was that when you borrowed £50 off me? :greengrin

:greengrin

LeithBoozy
15-03-2012, 09:35 PM
Yep great memories, it was so funny in the derby at ER, when the ball went into the East and a rugby ball flew out and spotty went for it, well done that Hibby, pure class. :greengrin

Wembley67
15-03-2012, 09:38 PM
Personally, 4-2 up at tynie....snogged a gorgeous blonde in front of me when we score....they score two....couldn't care less....

Tits oot.

joebakerforever
15-03-2012, 09:38 PM

:thumbsup:

one day maybe...
15-03-2012, 09:43 PM
Oct 17th 1988

Hibernian 2 Hearts 1

I had waited nearly 10 years to see Hibs beat them in the league and boy did we celebrate, remember being on the park at the end of the game total madness in our celbrations.

Hibernia&Alba
15-03-2012, 09:50 PM
6-2. Favourite match and favourite kit. :flag:

MWHIBBIES
15-03-2012, 10:31 PM
This

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AmviFIiAgw

Or Gaz in the last minute

Mixu62
16-03-2012, 02:09 AM
One word- Geebsy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4idGPlizJaE

cjward2
16-03-2012, 03:30 AM
First game of the season a couple of years ago when Brian Kerr scored. Was over from Canada and took my wee fella along. The roseburn was rather lively for the rest of the game. Great that my wee fellas only derby that he has been to was a win at Tynie.

Lucius Apuleius
16-03-2012, 04:41 AM

That brought a tear to the eyes for so many different reasons.

Craig_in_Prague
16-03-2012, 08:35 AM
there's 2 for me:

1) millienium derby - amazing game and late goal by miller topped if all off - got drunk with all the team same night up town

2) 3-1 game at ER when Sauzee lost his front teeth - all Friday night yam mates were telling me it was gonna be there day on the Sat, but I just knew we had enough in Latapy & Sauzee to do them (again)......Jackson screamer put them 1-0 but I still fancied us.... Not often you can be confident of Hibs and they prove you RIGHT ! haha......so that will always be remembered...... happy days beating them, sun shining etc.

the win to stop 'that' run was more of a relief than joy... and the 1-0 QTR final of the league cup was of big importance, obviously we want on to win it.....and the 6-2 will forever be up there with 7-0 as greatest games ever, but for me the above 2 are particuarly satisfying and memorable!

:flag:

GGTTH

darwenhibby
16-03-2012, 08:35 AM

AYE AYE Fancy Friends Again:giruy:

Broken Gnome
16-03-2012, 09:08 AM
O'Connor in the unbeatable game - can't remember so many people losing themselves in a moment like that.

Second is the Millennium derby, but points off for only scoring three when we should have had seven. At least.

AJHibby
16-03-2012, 09:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXQ5GAQBxgI

Last Minute
16-03-2012, 10:25 AM
The Deano and GOC game at Tynie.

That stand was bouncing. Best feeling i've had at a football match

Can we try guys and girls to put up as many different Derby games as we can for all to see, Like the ones mentioned above. 3 or 4 I would love to see but can't find on youtube etc.., maybe some of you guys have them on your pc.:pfgwa

blackpoolhibs
16-03-2012, 10:34 AM
AYE AYE Fancy Friends Again:giruy:

The real Lancashire hibs were there that night, you part timers are never invited to the big party's. :na na:

neilmartinrocks
16-03-2012, 11:02 AM
for sheer git ti richt up ye-ness its got to be the "we are unbeatable" game swiftly followed by the 6-2.
was at the 7-0 one but was only 11. and when we came back up 2-0 i think it was.

HibbyAndy
16-03-2012, 11:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXQ5GAQBxgI

I was in the East that day, I can honestly hand on heart tell you that stand was rocking when GOC scored!, And Boozy just before it.

Ive been in many many 'hibees bounce's' in the East when scoring against Hearts, But the bounce that day beats any goal celebration we have had before.

Easter road was visibly rocking that afternoon!!.

pentlando
16-03-2012, 12:26 PM

I'm not sure what was better, O'Connors goal or Pressleys miss right after it :not worth . Know a couple of jumbos who broke phones after he prodded it wide!!

Yuillsy
16-03-2012, 04:28 PM
New year 95 or 96 at ER. We'd just been hammered 7-0 at Ibrox on boxing day. They were so confident and even more so when they went 1-0 up but a bullet header by Michael O'Neill and a spanking volley by Kevin Harper made it a very happy new year for all the Hibees!

JennaFletcher
16-03-2012, 04:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JskO6cdhNIM

Nice wee vid and celebration :flag::na na::aok:

scotiaf
16-03-2012, 05:43 PM

I was in the roseburn that night and I have never seen it rocking like that since, folk standing on the bar, folk being sick on the floor... It was an ice rink. To top it off met sproule and sam morrow after it and scared them. Woke up the next day feeling as if had been squeezed through a ubend in a toilet

I have never been in a condition like that at a football game again and that includes an all nighter before that dark semi final.. Best to be forgotten

Hillsidehibby
16-03-2012, 05:59 PM
New Year Derby in Duff Jimmys time

Arrived at Tynecastle with the mother of all hangovers expecting a humping.

2-0 down early on and the Jambos giving us it tight.

Second half and Kevin Harper realises he can beat Gary Locke at will.

2-2 and my hangover dissappears. Chick Charnley singing with the Hibs fans.

Brilliant.

The_Todd
16-03-2012, 06:32 PM
1-0 CIS Quarter.

Total domination.

SteveHFC
16-03-2012, 07:28 PM
New year 95 or 96 at ER. We'd just been hammered 7-0 at Ibrox on boxing day. They were so confident and even more so when they went 1-0 up but a bullet header by Michael O'Neill and a spanking volley by Kevin Harper made it a very happy new year for all the Hibees!

What's the burds name in your avatar :cb

sleeping giant
16-03-2012, 08:11 PM
Can we try guys and girls to put up as many different Derby games as we can for all to see, Like the ones mentioned above. 3 or 4 I would love to see but can't find on youtube etc.., maybe some of you guys have them on your pc.:pfgwa

Sure this is one of the goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9aFmJPsP3I

Kojock
16-03-2012, 08:25 PM
My favourite derby moment has to be half time at the 0-7 game. Me and my dad were behind the goals at the opposite end to where we are now. Hibs scored 5 into that end and at half time I turned around to see a bonfire of Hearts scarfs burning brightly on the terracing. I was only 11 at the time but can still remember like it was yesterday.

Yuillsy
17-03-2012, 12:40 PM
What's the burds name in your avatar8 :cb

Mrs Yuillsy!!!

johncrobertson@
17-03-2012, 12:50 PM
Came back from South Africa for my brothers wedding and went to Tynecastle for the game the day before I was due to fly back. You can guess what it was like for me, it was the 0-7 game - what a team that was, I will never see better!!! The games I took in when I was back were League Cup Final 2-0 vs Celtic - 8-1 vs Ayr Utd at Easter Road - Parkhead 1-1 and before the derby Aberdeen 3-2 at Easter Road with the winner an Alan Gordon diving header. I feel blessed to have seen football played like that.

WindyMiller
17-03-2012, 02:04 PM

Enjoy;http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTQmqaCg5uQ

Lucius Apuleius
17-03-2012, 03:45 PM
Enjoy;http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTQmqaCg5uQ

I could have sworn it was Ford that scored their goal as well!!!
Acht, who gives a ****, it was glorious anyhoo.

Baldy Foghorn
17-03-2012, 04:07 PM
All derby wins are satisfying, but loved the one where Rae was sent off and Archibald scored at our end, bedlam ensued.

Love the Geebsy winner, the Millenium derby, the 6-2, ach I just love them all.....

WindyMiller
17-03-2012, 05:22 PM
I'm disappointed that I didn't keep myself sober on 01/01/73, to be able now to relish every moment of the day.

ancient hibee
17-03-2012, 05:29 PM
Watched the 7-0 game from the old enclosure.On the way out walked past one of my best friends and his wife(Hearts fans)she was weeping and he was in a state of shock.Later claimed to have no recollection of my friendly New Year greeting.

Pat Quinn's hat trick goal was pretty memorable as was Willie Hamilton's winner.

Joy Zipper
17-03-2012, 06:33 PM
Archibald at Tynecastle.

Hibernia Na Eir
17-03-2012, 06:34 PM
cutting through the PA cable at gorgie rd end back in the 80s wi my penknife in the middle of the hearts song, to a ripple of applause (oops) ;)

Mixu62
17-03-2012, 07:43 PM
cutting through the PA cable at gorgie rd end back in the 80s wi my penknife in the middle of the hearts song, to a ripple of applause (oops) ;)

Is that for real? If so :top marks:faf:

Hibernia Na Eir
17-03-2012, 09:14 PM
Is that for real? If so :top marks:faf:

certainly was. must have been mid-eighties. it all suddenly went quiet :greengrin

(they were the days before penknives were illegal to carry)

nonshinyfinish
17-03-2012, 10:03 PM
'You're not unbeatable'

Franck Stanton
17-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Any game we win against them is the best for me. Some by more goals than others, but, at the end of the day, ANY win against them is great.

hfc rd
17-03-2012, 10:40 PM
Any game we win against them is the best for me. Some by more goals than others, but, at the end of the day, ANY win against them is great.

Same here. Whether it is 1-0 or 7-0, any hibs win against those fuds does me the world of joy.

Barney McGrew
18-03-2012, 05:51 AM
While I don't condone senseless violence in any way, I have to admit to a small smile when Murray emptied that wee gob ***** Black a few games back :wink: