PDA

View Full Version : How can I watch the derby this Sunday?

The Green Goblin
14-03-2012, 08:05 PM
Hi. Is it possible to "buy" just the derby on the new Hibs tv service? If not, can anyone point me in the direction of a legal alternative? Bet365 etc? I have a mac and watching online somehow is my only option here in Brazil.

Would appreciate any help or advice on this.

Thanks everyone.

GG

Hibeesmad
14-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Any websites which possibly have live streaming of the game?

hibeesjoe
14-03-2012, 08:15 PM
Any websites which possibly have live streaming of the game?

Try ########. It's a paid for service but not sure of legality. Mods feel free to delete if you know otherwise.

HNA4
14-03-2012, 08:56 PM
Try ########. It's a paid for service but not sure of legality. Mods feel free to delete if you know otherwise.

Can't be legal. They get around it by saying that you can use their service if you're entitled to. So for instance say you have a Sky Sports subscription you can pay them to provide you with an Internet stream showing a Sky Sports event. Dodgy.

The Green Goblin
14-03-2012, 09:32 PM
Yup, my original post was careful to say "legal" links. :-) thanks for the suggestion though. All help appreciated!

WellingtonHibby
14-03-2012, 10:09 PM
Bought the matchfrom hibs tv. A first for me. Hope its decent

monktonharp
14-03-2012, 11:21 PM
are there any channels that show only the Hibs playing/ that means I would not worry about our keeper picking the ball oot o' his net. cant get to the game.

hongkonghibee
15-03-2012, 03:53 AM
Hi. Is it possible to "buy" just the derby on the new Hibs tv service? If not, can anyone point me in the direction of a legal alternative? Bet365 etc? I have a mac and watching online somehow is my only option here in Brazil.

Thanks everyone.

GG

Since they made the cuts to our International live match service, its no longer possible to pay for one match. Cheapest option is the 9.99 pound for 2 months (3 games). But this no longer comes with HibsTV commentary :grr: Also unless you then cancel it , you will have a recurring charge of 6.99 per month for nothing (unless ESPN/Sky/Alba happen to show a bottom 6 match invoving Hibs (unlikely). Its ridiculous that fans on holiday cannot buy one match any more. Along with the season ticket fiasco it shows how out of touch the Directors of Hibernian football club are with supporters, and how unwilling they are to consult with us.

WellingtonHibby
15-03-2012, 03:58 AM
Since they made the cuts to our International live match service, its no longer possible to pay for one match. Cheapest option is the 9.99 pound for 2 months (3 games). But this no longer comes with HibsTV commentary :grr: Also unless you then cancel it , you will have a recurring charge of 6.99 per month for nothing (unless ESPN/Sky/Alba happen to show a bottom 6 match invoving Hibs (unlikely). Its ridiculous that fans on holiday cannot buy one match any more. Along with the season ticket fiasco it shows how out of touch the Directors of Hibernian football club are with supporters, and how unwilling they are to consult with us.

Booked the 9.99 job. Canceling it on Monday after the game for exactly. This reason. Its like they are trying to put you off sometimes.

nonshinyfinish
15-03-2012, 06:25 AM

Thanks everyone.

GG

You can usually see all televised SPL matches on bet365 if you're outside of the UK. Can't say I've ever tried it from Brazil, though. You just need to have money in your account (i.e., a penny or more), but if you don't already use bet365 then you'll need to stick in at least £5 as that's the minimum deposit. However, you can then stick £4.99 on the Cabbage and still have access to all their live video.

One thing to bear in mind is that the video is quite small, and there isn't a full screen option. I've seen various ways of sneakily making it bigger, but I've never tried. (Just zooming in using your internet browser doesn't work, it's smarter than that.)

Keith_M
15-03-2012, 06:34 AM
One thing to bear in mind is that the video is quite small, and there isn't a full screen option. I've seen various ways of sneakily making it bigger, but I've never tried. (Just zooming in using your internet browser doesn't work, it's smarter than that.)

Have you tried moving your head closer to the screen?

Works for me every time :thumbsup:

NYHibby
15-03-2012, 07:09 AM
Yup, my original post was careful to say "legal" links. :-) thanks for the suggestion though. All help appreciated!

The game is being shown here on ESPN UK. Have you checked to see if it is being streamed on the Brazilian ESPN3 website?

In the US, it is being shown on Fox Soccer and streaming on the Fox Soccer website. Have you checked the Latin American Fox Sports equivalents?

Craig_in_Prague
15-03-2012, 10:53 AM

It's not that small, I think it's fine (if you watch it on 'in-play' option it's tiny I agree); and at least it streams usually really well.

Some of the 'free' or 'illegal' sites has annoying adverts popping up all the time, so bet365 at least has a clean stream.

steakbake
15-03-2012, 10:58 AM

Thanks everyone.

GG

Facetime me, and perhaps I can point my phone at the TV?

yeezus.
15-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Best going to a pub if you can't make it.. I'm gonna guzzle a few pints during the game, and, depending on the result will have a good few after.:pfgwa

MoscowHibs
15-03-2012, 11:25 AM

Thanks everyone.

GG
Sent you a pm mate.

The Green Goblin
15-03-2012, 06:47 PM
Thanks a million for all the interest and help. I really appreciate it. Will check out the options suggested, including the ESPN here. There are 2 ESPN Brazil channels, but they only show games from England, France, spain and Germany. Will have a look to see if there is a 3rd option website. Right now though, it's looking like a cheeky wee facetime conference call with steakbake!!!:wink:

Will check my pms just now too.

Thanks again to all!!

GG

nonshinyfinish
15-03-2012, 11:30 PM
It's not that small, I think it's fine (if you watch it on 'in-play' option it's tiny I agree); and at least it streams usually really well.

Some of the 'free' or 'illegal' sites has annoying adverts popping up all the time, so bet365 at least has a clean stream.

The streams are always good, yes, but to me the size is annoying.

LamontHFC©
16-03-2012, 12:01 AM
The game is being shown here on ESPN UK. Have you checked to see if it is being streamed on the Brazilian ESPN3 website?

In the US, it is being shown on Fox Soccer and streaming on the Fox Soccer website. Have you checked the Latin American Fox Sports equivalents?

Fox Soccer are showing it? Is that for sure? And can you just go on the fox soccer website and watch it without a subscription or anything then? Cheers.

HibeesLA
16-03-2012, 01:45 AM
Fox Soccer are showing it? Is that for sure? And can you just go on the fox soccer website and watch it without a subscription or anything then? Cheers.

It will be on Fox Soccer Plus, not the regular Fox Soccer Channel. Check your cable/satellite provider to find out about subscribing to that, but you're likely going to have to buy the sports package to get it.

Online, you'll likely have to sign up for Fox Soccer 2 go http://www.foxsoccer2go.com/ for $20 per month.

LamontHFC©
16-03-2012, 02:07 AM
It will be on Fox Soccer Plus, not the regular Fox Soccer Channel. Check your cable/satellite provider to find out about subscribing to that, but you're likely going to have to buy the sports package to get it.

Online, you'll likely have to sign up for Fox Soccer 2 go http://www.foxsoccer2go.com/ for $20 per month.

Ah, I see. I live in dorms, so can't really call my cable provider or anything. :rolleyes: Which sucks.

I guess I'll just have to get up at 8.30 and find a crappy stream online somewhere.

:flag:

NYHibby
16-03-2012, 06:32 AM
Ah, I see. I live in dorms, so can't really call my cable provider or anything. :rolleyes: Which sucks.

I guess I'll just have to get up at 8.30 and find a crappy stream online somewhere.

You're the guy who plays D3 on Long Island right? I think you'll find the game starts at 8:00 your time. There is a four hour difference right now.

Craig_in_Prague
16-03-2012, 08:29 AM
The streams are always good, yes, but to me the size is annoying.

yeah, so the wife keeps saying.:wink:

Keith_M
16-03-2012, 08:46 AM
yeah, so the wife keeps saying.:wink:

Ah, so YOU'RE the PeeWee she's always telling me about...

:wink:

beensaidbefore
16-03-2012, 01:08 PM
vip stand?? is it illegal? if it is I had no idea, can anyone explain why are these site are deemed illegal?

nonshinyfinish
16-03-2012, 11:16 PM
vip stand?? is it illegal? if it is I had no idea, can anyone explain why are these site are deemed illegal?

They're deemed illegal because they are offering a product that another company has bought the rights to.

LamontHFC©
17-03-2012, 02:37 AM
You're the guy who plays D3 on Long Island right? I think you'll find the game starts at 8:00 your time. There is a four hour difference right now.

Nah, I play DII at Queens College.

Yeah I actually thought it was a 12.45 kick off, just found out today that it was 12. Looks like I'll be up at 7.45!

Trying to find someone who has Sky who's details I could use for Sky Go. Cos we have virgin at home. I mean, I will be able to find it online, but Sky Go will be a better stream.

hibsquaker
17-03-2012, 06:41 AM
Any child friendly boozers with decent food I can take my kids to down in Leith and watch the game ?