PDA

View Full Version : The wee Kilmarnock boy.

CropleyWasGod
14-03-2012, 07:18 PM
Coming out of Hampden on 18 March 2007, I came across a family of Killie supporters.

They had a wee boy with them, about 10, who was in tears and inconsolable.. I walked across to him and had a wee word. I said something along the lines of "it wasn't your day today. But it will be some day. And you'll enjoy it even more because of what happened today." I turned to his Mum and Dad, and said "You know what it's like...so do I....I've been in his shoes many times here".

In these days of intense debate about the future of our game, and the demand for recognition of the rights of "wee-team" supporters, I hope that Killie do it on Sunday for that wee boy.

Jonnyboy
14-03-2012, 07:20 PM
Coming out of Hampden on 18 March 2007, I came across a family of Killie supporters.

They had a wee boy with them, about 10, who was in tears and inconsolable.. I walked across to him and had a wee word. I said something along the lines of "it wasn't your day today. But it will be some day. And you'll enjoy it even more because of what happened today." I turned to his Mum and Dad, and said "You know what it's like...so do I....I've been in his shoes many times here".

In these days of intense debate about the future of our game, and the demand for recognition of the rights of "wee-team" supporters, I hope that Killie do it on Sunday for that wee boy.

:agree: Nice one :thumbsup:

Zorro
14-03-2012, 07:37 PM

:top marks:agree::applause: absolutely spot on - when the turn of fans of clubs who don't often win cups (like ours) happens, it is a good thing. Unless it's against us, or unless it's the jambos!

Sylar
14-03-2012, 07:46 PM
I've no such nice personal stories or reasons.

I just want to see the Tims get pumped :agree:

Fergos
14-03-2012, 07:50 PM
Aye something good between the fans that day......on way to game with ma Faither, spotted two wee laddies, one Killie and one Hibee getting their foti taken together, looked like the folks weren't pals, just seen a superb foti opp - nice way to bing the new ones up - as long as their no in yam tops..! The slight irony is that behind them were hundreds of can swigging Hibees ready for a Party!!!!!! Wonder if some made it into the pics?

Mon the Hibs.

Kato
14-03-2012, 08:07 PM

:thumbsup:

edinburghhibee
14-03-2012, 08:14 PM
Good luck Killie, can't stand watching Rangers, Celtic or Hearts win everyone else is fair game, and Killie have been here four or five times without winning it so give them a go. Hopefully Deano gets a winner.

IWasThere2016
14-03-2012, 09:04 PM
Aye - Mon The Killie!

Hibrandenburg
14-03-2012, 09:09 PM

Wee stories like that fair warm the cockles. Didn't really care either way who wins but now.....C'mon the Killie!

R'Albin
14-03-2012, 09:15 PM
I've no such nice personal stories or reasons.

I just want to see the Tims get pumped :agree:

Why is it that you hate the tims so much? I dislike them as well, but is there any particular reason for hating them more than everyone else ? Just curious :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
14-03-2012, 09:18 PM
Nice story and normally I'd want Killie to win as well.

But thinking tactically - if Celtic don't win it they'll be even more determined to win the Scottish, as "only" winning the league this season wouldn't be enough. Mind you if they do win it they'll be up for the Scottish so they can get the treble.

What a dilemma!

c31
14-03-2012, 09:23 PM
You will probably find that 5 years on the wee laddie is now a hun, after being brain washed by his school mates and is well verse in singing anti anybody songs and is already addicted to buckfast…. Kids today eh!

Badabing
14-03-2012, 09:35 PM
That's positive thinking! Still if he is a hun he got what he deserved.

frazeHFC
14-03-2012, 09:37 PM

:thumbsup: Mon the Killie!!!

Killiehibbie
14-03-2012, 09:56 PM

In these days of intense debate about the future of our game, and the demand for recognition of the rights of "wee-team" supporters, I hope that Killie do it on Sunday for that wee boy.My oldest son was 8 at the time and just about in tears when the 5th went in. I told him there was guys twice as old as him that weren't born the last time Hibs won a cup and next time Killie will win, I hope I was right or he doesn't remember.

zlatan
14-03-2012, 10:28 PM
I was 12 the day Celtic gubbed is in the Scottish Cup final in 2001. I was pretty gutted and some Celtic fan came up to me at the train station and hit out with a patronising load of nonsense about how it'll feel sweet when the day we win finally arrives. I thought he was a right willy.

andrew70
14-03-2012, 10:59 PM
You know I can understand the sentiment but I can't help but feel Celtic aren't going to lose two showpiece games at Hampden this year...

frazeHFC
14-03-2012, 11:08 PM
You know I can understand the sentiment but I can't help but feel Celtic aren't going to lose two showpiece games at Hampden this year...

If they are only going to lose one game i hope it's Saturday so the Killie fans have the chance of experiencing silverware.

Do i ****! :greengrin

monktonharp
14-03-2012, 11:13 PM
You know I can understand the sentiment but I can't help but feel Celtic aren't going to lose two showpiece games at Hampden this year...keep calm. they have still to negotiate the Buddies, before getting a crack at the Hibees:wink:

monktonharp
14-03-2012, 11:15 PM
I was 12 the day Celtic gubbed is in the Scottish Cup final in 2001. I was pretty gutted and some Celtic fan came up to me at the train station and hit out with a patronising load of nonsense about how it'll feel sweet when the day we win finally arrives. I thought he was a right willy. aye, sounds like that Hibby was patronising a wee Killie boy, just the same as you were done:rolleyes:

snooky
14-03-2012, 11:24 PM
One of my great grandads played for Killie (I was told), therefore I have a wee soft spot for them.
Good luck to them in the SLC final :thumbsup:

Hibrandenburg
15-03-2012, 05:30 AM
That must have put the average age up a bit. :-)

blaikie
18-03-2012, 03:57 PM

The wee guy you mention will be very happy right now, And they deserve every minute of it. Life without the Old Firm can work for those doubters but well done Killie :agree:

frazeHFC
18-03-2012, 04:04 PM
:thumbsup:

madabouthibs
18-03-2012, 04:18 PM
Just hope the wee fella was there, and his auld man wasn't one of the doom & gloomers that thought Celtic would romp it today. :agree:

CropleyWasGod
18-03-2012, 04:25 PM
Whether or not the boy was there, whether or not he's still a Killie fan.... my wee story is a metaphor for what it is to be one of the 90% of football supporters. For whom today is the exception, not the rule.

Now...if he remembers the patronising old get who spoke to him all those years ago, maybe he'll return the favour for us!! :flag:

18-03-2012, 04:29 PM
Nice story, hope he was there today and is now having a good time celebrating!

The Green Goblin
18-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Nice story! Acts of kindness are rare things these days and that was a great gesture. Things like that do make a difference.

cocopops1875
18-03-2012, 05:06 PM
I liked the story mate and maybe he will remember the Hibby that talked to him, he might have not realised at the time you were right but i bet he does now :greengrin well done killie enjoy your day

Gerard
18-03-2012, 05:07 PM
Well done Kilmarnock. It makes you feel good that they have won the Cup. Celtic and Rangers will win plenty cups in the future. Football needs days like this to be interesting again. When we were beaten by Livinsgton in 2004 that was a hard one but we won the Cup 3 years later.
G

Squealing pig
18-03-2012, 07:09 PM
Five years ago? He'll prob be injecting heroin by now like most teenagers in kilmarnock

Hermit Crab
18-03-2012, 07:12 PM
Five years ago? He'll prob be injecting heroin by now like most teenagers in kilmarnock

C'mon sir behave.

marinello59
18-03-2012, 07:12 PM

:rolleyes:

Squealing pig
18-03-2012, 07:24 PM
C'mon sir behave.

Behave ? Probably in marvin and Dana's family trees us tax payers probably paid for the family's ticket

marinello59
18-03-2012, 07:26 PM
Behave ? Probably in marvin and Dana's family trees us tax payers probably paid for the family's ticket

Keep on posting and proving your ignorance.

Persevere80
18-03-2012, 07:58 PM
That was a nice wee read from the OP.

carlos70
18-03-2012, 09:09 PM

Read this thread earlier in the week, hope this laddie's having the night of his life tonight! For Celtic fans it's just another trophy but for Killie this will be a party and a half!!!

vanNISHtelroy
18-03-2012, 09:10 PM
Hope the boy you were talking about really enjoyed today!

...WentToMowAnSPL
18-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Hope the boy you were talking about really enjoyed today!

Agree ... Nice to see the old firm miss out in silverware :-)

yeezus.
19-03-2012, 10:12 AM
I was thinking about this thread when Killie won. So nice to see the Kilmarnock win the cup. Especially considering the town is basically an old firm stronghold.

Killiehibbie
19-03-2012, 11:23 AM
I was thinking about this thread when Killie won. So nice to see the Kilmarnock win the cup. Especially considering the town is basically an old firm stronghold.Best night in Kilmarnock for a while, thousands of people out celebrating and not an of top to be seen anywhere.

Gettin' Auld
19-03-2012, 11:30 AM
That must have put the average age up a bit. :-)
:tee hee:

Twa Cairpets
19-03-2012, 12:00 PM

...Says the man from Bo'Ness :wink:

yeezus.
19-03-2012, 01:08 PM
Best night in Kilmarnock for a while, thousands of people out celebrating and not an of top to be seen anywhere.

That's good to hear, maybe a few more folk will come round to Killie.

frazeHFC
19-03-2012, 02:45 PM
...Says the man from Bo'Ness :wink:

:tee hee:

I remember playing for a Linlithgow team away at Bo'Ness, that was some experience! Their 'crew' was after one of our players after the game. :hilarious

weonlywon6-2
19-03-2012, 04:16 PM
I was thinking about this thread when Killie won. So nice to see the Kilmarnock win the cup. Especially considering the town is basically an old firm stronghold.

:top marks

delighted for the Killie fans,they will remember yesterday for a very long time. Had celtic won the fans would have gone home to pie beans and chips and watched dancing on ice before going to bed early !!

brog
19-03-2012, 05:19 PM

Great story & result!! :top marks