14-03-2012, 11:11 AM
http://blogs.dailyrecord.co.uk/tamcowan/2012/03/her-royal-hibee-ness.html

14-03-2012, 11:22 AM
cant stand the twat.

14-03-2012, 11:27 AM
cant stand the twat.

Me neither. He has a bee in his bonnet about us, wee man (team) syndrome I think.

Zondervan
14-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Made me laugh! Don't mind Tam, he has a go at all Scottish clubs; that is his job.

14-03-2012, 11:32 AM
Mr unfunny himself, how's the gastric band fitting these days wee man?, great that you have it in you so you can stuff your fat gob with food courtesy of the Sunday Mail.

Absolute tool

14-03-2012, 11:37 AM
Jeezo what a precious lot we can be.

Possibly the most inoffensive little jokes, and we're getting all touchy.

Lighten up people, lets show some class.

14-03-2012, 11:38 AM
Jeez we're getting awfy sensitive these days!

It's only a bit of light hearted banter and nothing to get all hot and bothered about.

:cool2:

14-03-2012, 11:43 AM
He could be making "jokes" about anything, he is still a fud tho!

14-03-2012, 11:45 AM
i dont understand. Why would Mary have needed a sick note? we werent established until approximately 300 years after her death. And someone in Marys social position wouldnt have needed a sick note, leaving aside the whole sick note concept wasnt understood until the establishment of the welfare state under the auspices of the post-war Beveridge Report, and....

Its the Daily Record. and its just a joke.

14-03-2012, 11:48 AM
I dont know him, so cant really judge him on what kind of a person he is. Some of his writing is funny, others not so. He's a Motherwell fan and proud of it, and does not creep up the old firms erse.

So what if he takes the mick out of us at times, he does it to EVERY other team too, including his own.

Dont mind his Saturday show either, its only a bit of fun.

14-03-2012, 11:54 AM

Yep. It's ok for Hibs fans to slaughter the club from top to bottom but as soon as someone else does it folk get all uppity.

14-03-2012, 11:59 AM
Can someone copy and paste please

14-03-2012, 12:03 PM
Yep. It's ok for Hibs fans to slaughter the club from top to bottom but as soon as someone else does it folk get all uppity.

Fair enough Mikey, but I just don't like him or his radio show. I feel he is always looking to have a dash at us, can never remember him saying anything positive about us. I hate how interupts people on the radio when they are trying to say something. For me it's like 'aye ok, so you have an opinion but just shut up because I have something to say and I am a lot more important than you'.
Don't know how many times I have turned to another station because of him. Strangely enough though I don't mind Cosgrove.
Not saying some of his stuff is not funny but I just find him a pain in the backside.

14-03-2012, 12:07 PM
Can someone copy and paste please

Her Royal Hibee-ness
By Tam Cowan on Mar 14, 12 06:25 AM in
I SEE they've unearthed a 450-year-old sick note written by Mary, Queen of Scots. It's believed she penned it so she could go and see Hibs winning the Scottish Cup...
Nah, the Hibees last won the trophy a mere 110 years ago and, after beating Ayr 2-0 on Saturday, they're just two games away from, well, making it 111 years... Seriously, knowing their luck in this competition, Hibs will win the Cup in May for the first time since 1902... and won't be able to parade it down Princes Street due to the tramworks!

14-03-2012, 12:14 PM
Her Royal Hibee-ness
I SEE they've unearthed a 450-year-old sick note written by Mary, Queen of Scots. It's believed she penned it so she could go and see Hibs winning the Scottish Cup...
Nah, the Hibees last won the trophy a mere 110 years ago and, after beating Ayr 2-0 on Saturday, they're just two games away from, well, making it 111 years... Seriously, knowing their luck in this competition, Hibs will win the Cup in May for the first time since 1902... and won't be able to parade it down Princes Street due to the tramworks!

Quite funny if you ask me. Like his radio show as some funny bits and not afraid to rip into the OF.

14-03-2012, 12:17 PM
I can just about stomach his restaurant reviews in The Record mag I suppose!
See what I did there? I can be just as "funny" as him!

seven nowt
14-03-2012, 12:20 PM
I thought it was funny! He's telling a few light hearted jokes.

At Half time at the Hibs v Motherwell match (that eventually got postponed), he was praising our supporters for how good we were! The guy is funny. If every supporter from SPL clubs took his jokes as seriously as you greet faced whingers do, then he'd be the most hated man in Scotland!!

14-03-2012, 12:25 PM

Couldnt agree more............only a bit of light-hearted jappery whats the problem :dummytit::dummytit:

14-03-2012, 12:26 PM
I quite like Tam Cowan and always listen to his show on the way to the game in the car each week. Good banter. :agree:

14-03-2012, 12:45 PM
I can just about stomach his restaurant reviews in The Record mag I suppose!
See what I did there? I can be just as "funny" as him!

Personally i dont think you were. :greengrin

14-03-2012, 02:33 PM
Her Royal Hibee-ness

A few people are seriously getting worked up about that?

We're getting a bit touchy are we not? That's the kind of throwaway joke that I expect Celtic fans to use as 'evidence' of the conspiracy against them.

14-03-2012, 03:18 PM
He told one
He told two
He told three jokes more than you :-D

If we can't laugh at ourselves etc. etc.

tanfield
14-03-2012, 03:28 PM
Her Royal Hibee-ness

Is this it? Is this what people are getting their knickers in a twist about? Jeeze!

14-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Its not the story for me, its the elmer that wrote it that i dinnae like!

14-03-2012, 03:45 PM
Some on here need to have a long hard look at themselves to get offended with what Cowan wrote is pathetic, man up for christ sake

14-03-2012, 04:00 PM
Not a bad few lines, liked the bit about not being able to parade it down Princes st, George st would be just as good. We live in.hope.

hibbill2002
14-03-2012, 04:08 PM
Her Royal Hibee-ness

14-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Tam Cowans alright, just havin a wee laugh.

Off the Ball is quality.

14-03-2012, 04:45 PM
I don't mind him at all and I like the fact that boys that support their local teams for proper reasons are hosting on of the few footie programmes with any cred. No sure he can pass himself off as a comedian with ropey material like this though, unless he gets an award for recycling. He has a more convincing profile as a resturant critic though.

14-03-2012, 04:52 PM
I actually thought it was quite funny.

14-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Tam is not as big a fud as he usually is with this bit of wit.

14-03-2012, 05:06 PM
He didn't mean any harm by it, it's just Tam.. and I'm not going back to read the Daily Record any time soon.

BonnieFitbaTeam
14-03-2012, 05:13 PM
Not a bad few lines, liked the bit about not being able to parade it down Princes st, George st would be just as good. We live in.hope.

Absolutely.

I for one hope he's bang on !

Lighten up, ladies.

14-03-2012, 05:18 PM
I'm shocked and outraged.

14-03-2012, 05:33 PM
I don't mind Tam, thought that was quite funny.

Chick Young on the other hand cannae **** off quite enough. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/17356487

14-03-2012, 05:34 PM
Tam Cowan is a funny guy.

Love the stuff he says about Airdrie which is mostly true. He rips into everyone - some of you need to lighten up!:agree:

14-03-2012, 05:38 PM
I hate that dickhead. we're all supposed to think he's "one of us" but the reality is he's a self opinionated twat who talks through his nose. him and his BBC sidekick are crap pundits. boring, unfunny and not very clever.

14-03-2012, 05:39 PM
Chick Young on the other hand cannae **** off quite enough. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/17356487

Chick Young is on record as saying the atmosphere at the Hibs home game versus AEK Athens is one of the most electric he has experienced and for that alone he is OK by me.

Anyway, why did you link to that article - what's your problem with it?:confused:

14-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Chick Young is on record as saying the atmosphere at the Hibs home game versus AEK Athens is one of the most electric he has experienced and for that alone he is OK by me.

Anyway, why did you link to that article - what's your problem with it?:confused:

Just a horribly written, meaningless article that is disrespectful to St Mirren, Aberdeen, Hibs and Killie. Anything can happen in a cup game, each side goes in as equals and it's no better than the slavering pish you'd get on a Celtic forum.

Plus he's a ****.

14-03-2012, 05:48 PM
Ach Tam can be quite funny and off the ball can be too.

Anyway, off the ball was the show where I first heard rangers referred to as the currant buns and the rangers club shop as 'what every hun wants'

Dont mind jokes at our expense. There is a guy who lives in the borders who is a dyed in the wool yam and he did a stand up routine a load of years ago on the service bus from Edinburgh to peebles telling Hibs jokes to me and about 5 of my mates. I was greetin' with laughter he was so funny.

If ye canny take a joke you will have a hard life supporting the Hibees.

14-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Off with his head

14-03-2012, 06:47 PM

14-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Her Royal Hibee-ness

Totally harmless...

14-03-2012, 11:40 PM
Just a bit of harmless banter. He must take a bit of that, being a Well fan.

CmoantheHibs
15-03-2012, 05:09 AM
I thought it was quite amusing.Baffled as to why people would get upset by it but we are all different I guess.

15-03-2012, 08:09 AM
whatss the big deal we are entitled to form opinion's of people based on our own thoughts . is it not daft to be offended that people are offended

i dont like tam cowan and its has nothing really to do with the article but all the other pash he has spouted over the years and dont get me started on adrian chiles:greengrin

franks
15-03-2012, 08:30 AM
Quite funny I thought. Think he's entertaining and no afraid to have a go at the old firm.(or anyone else)

15-03-2012, 08:43 AM
I quite like Tam Cowan and find him pretty funny to be honest.

There. I said it.

15-03-2012, 08:45 AM

There. I said it.

15-03-2012, 11:12 AM
i dont like tam cowan and its has nothing really to do with the article but all the other pash he has spouted over the years and dont get me started on adrian chiles:greengrin

I concur!

15-03-2012, 11:37 AM

There. I said it.

Me too.

That's harmless - some of us a lot too precious for our own good, IMO. Lighten up, for goodness' sake.

15-03-2012, 11:46 AM
Not one person on this thread has expressed outrage or offence at the article, although a few have expressed the opinion that the author of said article is a fud, simple really.

PeeKay
15-03-2012, 11:47 AM
Never had any time for him since he made his sick comments about Alen Orman's epilepsy on air. Got an apology from the BBC but never one from him.

15-03-2012, 11:57 AM
I don't mind Tam, thought that was quite funny.

Can't stand that pompous, grovelling little excuse for a journalist myself.

Sad thing is he can't see the irony in the article he has written. He goes on about Celtic winning the treble and bemoaning the fact that they will win everything for the forseeable. He even talks about them not performing in Europe in a few years as there will be no challenge from Rangers. At every other opportunity or article he writes he says that Scottish football needs Rangers. The wee sh*te cannae see beyond Glasgow

Surely he would be better championing the cause by building up other clubs through a fairer split of TV money, Celtic home games being shown on tv thus reducing their crowds, the opportunity to revolutionise Scottish football by getting rid of 11/1 voting structure etc..

The boys an erse

15-03-2012, 05:12 PM
Jeez we're getting awfy sensitive these days!

It's only a bit of light hearted banter and nothing to get all hot and bothered about.

:cool2:

:agree: Even Tam would happily see us beat Celtic in the final (assuming it comes to that!).