PDA

View Full Version : Question Edinburgh or Glasgow have your say?

Stantons Angel
13-03-2012, 08:43 PM
Dont want to jinx us in reaching the cup final but if it was an all Edinburgh affair where would you prefer the big game to be played?

A stroll through Edinburgh to a big ground that lies redundant most weeks at Murrayfield or have both sets of supporters travel to the national stadium in Glasgow?

If the choice was yours which one would you make?

lyonhibs
13-03-2012, 08:51 PM
The Scottish Cup Final is played at Hampden. It's the home of Scottish footbal, like it or not. For me, the journey thro and bk is part of the experience. People refer to the trip along the M8 like it's an ardous trek to Greenland. It's not.
Hampden for me.

Vini1875
13-03-2012, 08:52 PM
Glasgow for me. It will be Glasgow anyway.

Eyrie
13-03-2012, 08:54 PM
Common sense dictates Murrayfield, so it will still be at Hampden.

Since90+2
13-03-2012, 08:56 PM
Dont think the police would it allow it to be played at Murrayfield anyway , Edinburgh city centre would be absolute chaos within 30 minutes of the match finishing.

cocopops1875
13-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Regardless of venue i really dont think i could mentally cope with the build up, the game, those hidious cretins or any of it. :hide: would be my option

Killiehibbie
13-03-2012, 09:12 PM
Murrayfield bigger crowd less congestion on M8, cut down on pollution as you've got to do your bit for a greener world. Queens Park could even get their share out of the extra tickets sold.

007 Mickey Weir
13-03-2012, 09:52 PM
The Scottish Cup Final is played at Hampden. It's the home of Scottish footbal, like it or not. For me, the journey thro and bk is part of the experience. People refer to the trip along the M8 like it's an ardous trek to Greenland. It's not.
Hampden for me.

Agree totally!

Hermit Crab
13-03-2012, 10:03 PM
Glasgow for me. Traditional, not the home of rugby for the cup final the home of football.

LancashireHibby
13-03-2012, 10:11 PM
Although I can see the logistical reasons for Murrayfield and it would certainly help ticket-wise, I'd say all emotional attachment must see it at Hampden. If we're going to win the thing then I want us to do it there!

Hibs90
13-03-2012, 10:22 PM
Oops..picked the wrong option.

nonshinyfinish
13-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Hampden for me.

:agree:

frazeHFC
13-03-2012, 10:26 PM
Why would you choose one or the other. The option of Hibs winning it was there, easy choice. :wink:

The Harp
13-03-2012, 10:27 PM
Don't think we'll get an all Edinburgh Final to be honest - hopefully, we'll get there though. :pray: Quite fancy spending a bit of time in Glasgow city centre before and after the semi (and the Final too if it happens).
Murrayfield would make sense if we both made it through but no way would the powers-that-be agree to it.

hfc rd
13-03-2012, 10:28 PM
Why would you choose one or the other. The option of Hibs winning it was there, easy choice. :wink:

Agree.

frazeHFC
13-03-2012, 10:28 PM
Hampden for me.

Serious answer now..have to agree with this. I am most excited for the day as a whole, the trips to Hampden are amazing, rather than 15 minute drive to Murrayfield.

Stanton
13-03-2012, 10:30 PM
Don't think we'll get an all Edinburgh Final to be honest - hopefully, we'll get there though. :pray: Quite fancy spending a bit of time in Glasgow city centre before and after the semi (and the Final too if it happens).
Murrayfield would make sense if we both made it through but no way would the powers-that-be agree to it.

The Tims will spank the Yams ...no doubt about that ... Hibs v the Tims final .....gonnae take a REAL TOP DRAWER performance to win it :agree:

NAE NOOKIE
13-03-2012, 10:54 PM
Picked option 3

But Hampden for me if I had to choose. I have to say thats a real change of tune for me, but having watched Hibs v Barca at Murrayfield I thought it made a rubbish football venue.

Nae chance its gonna be a factor this year anyway.

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-03-2012, 11:13 PM
At a time when we are all being asked to buy into the weej-fest to save the old firm, there is no chance that the SFA would let their showpiece game be played somewhere outwith Glasgow and generate the biggest football crowd for over 25 years. They would have a collective "does not compute" moment.

snooky
13-03-2012, 11:15 PM
Hampden for me.

Wot 'e said. :agree:

NOLA
13-03-2012, 11:19 PM
ive never liked hampden, just saying.

MrSmith
13-03-2012, 11:24 PM
Definitely Edinburgh, Murrayfield and against Hearts! To show the rest of the world how astoundingly well Edinburgh can put on a show! With a sold out Murrayfield, both Hibs and Hearts would show up the establishment and the OF how to do it properly! And; Hampden's a *****hole!

After the AC/DC gig in 2009, I swore never to return due to the poor infrastructure and ground.

Scouse Hibee
13-03-2012, 11:29 PM
Let's just toss a coin to decide the game and have SKY and BBC cover it live at 3pm on a Saturday that way no-one will be put out!

jgl07
13-03-2012, 11:31 PM
I do not think that Hampden should be used routinely for Scottish Cup Semi-Finals because it is far too big for anything but a Hibs-Hearts match or one involving the Old Firm. Hampden should be reserved for Cup Finals

Despite all its flaws and poor location, it is right for Scottish Cup Finals and Scottish League Cup Finals.

I can recall that the 1902 Scottish Cup Final win for Hibs never felt 'right' because it was at Celtic Park rather than Hampden!

Playing a Final at a rugby ground would certainly be 'wrong', especially a rubbish one such as Murrayfield.

Scouse Hibee
13-03-2012, 11:36 PM
I do not think that Hampden should be used routinely for Scottish Cup Semi-Finals because it is far too big for anything but a Hibs-Hearts match or one involving the Old Firm. Hampden should be reserved for Cup Finals

Despite all its flaws and poor location, it is right for Scottish Cup Finals and Scottish League Cup Finals.

I can recall that the 1902 Scottish Cup Final win for Hibs never felt 'right' because it was at Celtic Park rather than Hampden!

Playing a Final at a rugby ground would certainly be 'wrong', especially a rubbish one such as Murrayfield.

You can recall the 1902 final!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hainan Hibs
13-03-2012, 11:47 PM
Hampden for me, home of football would feel wrong to have it at a Rugby ground and as said before the journey is part of the experience.

Also holding it at Murrayfield would make the Yams happy, **** that, I'd rather piss them off by making them trail through to hampden:agree:

Saorsa
13-03-2012, 11:47 PM

Playing a Final at a rugby ground would certainly be 'wrong', especially a rubbish one such as Murrayfield.and I thought Jonnyboy was auld :greengrin

frazeHFC
13-03-2012, 11:55 PM
and I thought Jonnyboy was auld :greengrin

:hilarious

Pete
14-03-2012, 12:09 AM
I'd prefer murrayfield as it's bigger, is in edinburgh and is a better ground.

Saying that it wouldn't bother me where it is...as we'll win regardless!!

jgl07
14-03-2012, 12:10 AM
You can recall the 1902 final!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who said irony was dead?

SteveHFC
14-03-2012, 12:10 AM
Hampden by a mile :aok:

Teuchter Hibbie
14-03-2012, 12:54 AM
Murrayfield's a much better stadium, but I think the Scottish Cup Final should always be held at the home of Scottish football, not Scottish rugby.

KWJ
14-03-2012, 04:20 AM
Actually think Hampden is the nicer stadium, Murrayfield is starting to look dated, especially up close.

The answer is obviously the 3rd yin but seeing as that's a bit daft and counter productive it's going to have to be Hampden.

GGTTH :flag:

cad
14-03-2012, 06:27 AM
Hampden , Weegies , Strathclyde's finest , cost ,do your bit for the environment , ***** stadium , home of Scottish Football or not, its in Glasgow ,:no way:

Murrayfield for me :agree:

Renfrew_Hibby
14-03-2012, 09:19 AM
I know Hampden has its faults but having been to Murrayfield, i thought it was rubbish TBH. Would be Hampden for me as its the home of Scottish football and thats where you win the cups.
The real question for me is - we have spent millions doing up Hampden and Murrayfield yet they are both pretty poor venues and you can even travel to eastern Europe these days and find much much better stadiums than these two. Dublin has Croke Park and the Aviva, Cardiff the Millenium so why and how did we end up with these two piss poor grounds?

Keith_M
14-03-2012, 09:26 AM
If Hibs were to win it, I'd happily go to Twickenham!!!

Why isn't there an option for the Allianz Arena? You'd all have a great time coming over for the game and it would certainly sort out exactly WHO the Uber Fans are :wink:

JimBHibees
14-03-2012, 03:49 PM
Murrayfield is the far superior stadium and can hold many more fans and is easier to get to so is the obvious choice.

Personally thought it was a very short sighted decision not to play the 2006 game there especially at 12 noon or whatever ridiculous time it was.

The SFA wouldnt want it played there as it would show Hampden for what it is a terrible stadium for viewing and a complete waste of money especially when Ibrox/Parkhead/Murrayfield were already there. The money used for Hampden should have been used to build decent indoor facilities across the country to develop youths in this country.

connerg
14-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Hampden for me, home of football would feel wrong to have it at a Rugby ground and as said before the journey is part of the experience.

Also holding it at Murrayfield would make the Yams happy, **** that, I'd rather piss them off by making them trail through to hampden:agree:
:top marksExactly what i was thinking.

Eyrie
14-03-2012, 07:37 PM
The SFA wouldnt want it played there as it would show Hampden for what it is a terrible stadium for viewing and a complete waste of money especially when Ibrox/Parkhead/Murrayfield were already there. The money used for Hampden should have been used to build decent indoor facilities across the country to develop youths in this country.
Perfectly stated.

The_Todd
15-03-2012, 01:03 PM
A national cup competition final between two teams from the nations capital should be held in the nations capital. You can shove yer Hampden. Home of Scottish football? Home of corruption, lies and OF pandering more like.

vercol36
15-03-2012, 05:37 PM
Hampden may be on the wrong side of the country but Murrayfield is in the wrong side of the city, if ye catch my drift. A cup final loss in Jambo territory would be brutal.