PDA

View Full Version : The Team The Last Time We Played Them..........

Mikey
13-03-2012, 04:23 PM
01 Stack
03 Booth
04 Hanlon
05 O'Hanlon
06 Murray
11 Galbraith (O'Connor - 85' )
14 Scott (Doyle - 86' )
16 Stevenson
17 Sproule
19 Palsson
28 Griffiths

We'll see a completely different line up on Sunday, and a completely different attitude.

And we'll see this too................ :yw:

:pfgwa

MSK
13-03-2012, 04:27 PM
01 Stack
03 Booth
04 Hanlon
05 O'Hanlon
06 Murray
14 Scott (Doyle - 86' )
16 Stevenson
17 Sproule
19 Palsson
28 Griffiths

We'll see a completely different line up on Sunday, and a completely different attitude.

:pfgwaIf were up for the fight this time then I can see us winning ...:pfgwa

Andy74
13-03-2012, 04:29 PM
What a criminally soft defence we had until January.

007 Mickey Weir
13-03-2012, 04:33 PM
I make it probably 4 players out of the 13 that will start on Sunday. Crazy the change since January. All good though. Come on Hibs. Lets finish a great week with a long overdue win against the ****. :flag:

01 Stack
03 Booth
04 Hanlon
05 O'Hanlon
06 Murray
14 Scott (Doyle - 86' )
16 Stevenson
17 Sproule
19 Palsson
28 Griffiths

:pfgwa

hfc rd
13-03-2012, 04:36 PM
That defence is frightening! Shows us how bad we were.

hibsbollah
13-03-2012, 04:39 PM
Our team now (with the proviso that a lot of them are only on loan) is comparable in quality with the 2007 final team IMO.

JimBHibees
13-03-2012, 04:40 PM
What a criminally soft defence we had until January.

Criminally lacking in quality also. We should do better that is for sure and can see us creating a few chances as think Zaliukas is a big loss for them. If Soares plays I think we can do ok in this match. Would bring in Doherty and push Francomb forward one.

Andy74
13-03-2012, 04:42 PM
Criminally lacking in quality also. We should do better that is for sure and can see us creating a few chances as think Zaliukas is a big loss for them. If Soares plays I think we can do ok in this match. Would bring in Doherty and push Francomb forward one.

Yep, exactly what I would do. Soares on the left and Doherty in at right back.

JimBHibees
13-03-2012, 04:55 PM

Agree Francomb also gives us decent set piece delivery which we havent had for a while.

Hibrandenburg
13-03-2012, 04:56 PM
Got a wee combination bet on a Hibs win with more than 2.5 goals being scored. 2-3 I fancy.

basehibby
13-03-2012, 05:01 PM
Our team now (with the proviso that a lot of them are only on loan) is comparable in quality with the 2007 final team IMO.

I think you're pushing it a bit there bud - but considering that only 6 or 7 weeks ago they were getting uncomplementary comparisons to the infamouus "Duffy's Duffers" team of the late 90s, I think we can agree that there has been a turnaround of vast proportions in terms of the quality and attitude in the squad - bring on the Yams!!!

:flag::pfgwa:flag:

hibsbollah
13-03-2012, 05:35 PM
I think you're pushing it a bit there bud - but considering that only 6 or 7 weeks ago they were getting uncomplementary comparisons to the infamouus "Duffy's Duffers" team of the late 90s, I think we can agree that there has been a turnaround of vast proportions in terms of the quality and attitude in the squad - bring on the Yams!!!

:flag::pfgwa:flag:

Especially at the back, when we had McNeil between the sticks, Hogg and a good but sometimes error-prone Jones at the back and Martis, i'd say the current team is better defensively. Up front and at centre midfield id still prefer the 2007 vintage but its a close thing IMO. All the current team has to do is win a cup :greengrin

Exiled Hibby
14-03-2012, 10:21 AM
I make it probably 4 players out of the 13 that will start on Sunday. Crazy the change since January. All good though. Come on Hibs. Lets finish a great week with a long overdue win against the ****. :flag:

wow thats good news. we get to start with 13 players so surely we'll thrash them this time :greengrin

Stevie Reid
14-03-2012, 10:49 AM

:agree:

Was talking with my Dad last night, how different the line up will be from the last game at Tynie: -

01 Stack
03 Booth
04 Hanlon
05 O'Hanlon
06 Murray Booked
25 Towell
15 Thornhill (Scott - 81' )
17 Sproule Booked (Griffiths - 59' Booked )
24 Osbourne
09 O'Connor Booked
18 Agogo (Sodje - 59' Booked )

We also agreed that Osbourne being out means Francombe RM and Doherty RB is an easy decision to make.

yeezus.
15-03-2012, 10:34 AM
What a difference in our team. I honestly think we will win on Sunday, last time I went to the PBS I didn't really expect much, but Fenlon has us going in the right direction.

GGTTH:flag:

Speedway
15-03-2012, 12:59 PM

Whilst I'm not sure I'd agree with that, ultimately I think that if we can pick a side that is capable of winning the game and they go out and do just that, we've got a decent shout of taking all three points from this encounter.

FRes Hibbie
15-03-2012, 01:23 PM
Whilst I'm not sure I'd agree with that, ultimately I think that if we can pick a side that is capable of winning the game and they go out and do just that, we've got a decent shout of taking all three points from this encounter.

No chance.

hibsbollah
15-03-2012, 08:04 PM
Whilst I'm not sure I'd agree with that, ultimately I think that if we can pick a side that is capable of winning the game and they go out and do just that, we've got a dece, went shout of taking all three points from this encounter.

Hmmm. while i dont want to go out on a limb, id say that if we don't concede too many, and indeed if we concede less than our opposite numbers, we must stand a good chance of coming out on top and claiming the local bragging rights to boot.

lyonhibs
15-03-2012, 08:18 PM
Hmmm. while i dont want to go out on a limb, id say that if we don't concede too many, and indeed if we concede less than our opposite numbers, we must stand a good chance of coming out on top and claiming the local bragging rights to boot.

Id go as far as to say that if we score more than them, we'll most likely emerge victorious.

--------
16-03-2012, 01:28 AM
Id go as far as to say that if we score more than them, we'll most likely emerge victorious.

As long as we keep a clean sheet, I can't see us losing. :agree:

Hibercelona
16-03-2012, 02:01 AM
As long as we don't lose, I can see us taking something from this.

Anybody want to bet against me? :greengrin

Speedway
16-03-2012, 10:08 AM

As long as we keep a clean sheet, I can't see us losing. :agree:

As long as we don't lose, I can see us taking something from this.

Anybody want to bet against me? :greengrin

:rolleyes: Talk about stating the obvious...sheesh....

Hibercelona
16-03-2012, 10:12 AM
:rolleyes: Talk about stating the obvious...sheesh....

:faf: