PDA

View Full Version : Arthur Duncan, Scottish Football Hall of Fame

MoscowHibs
13-03-2012, 12:00 PM
I was looking at the hall of fame web site, and decided to nominate Arthur, because of his commitment amongst other things, to Hibs. Who would you guys nominate from Hibs, and why.

Keith_M
13-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Arthur Duncan, the last Hibs player to score a winning goal in a cup final :wink:

Actually, it's a decent nomination as he was a great servant to Hibs. I'm not sure if it'll get accepted though.

MoscowHibs
13-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Arthur Duncan, the last Hibs player to score a winning goal in a cup final :wink:

Actually, it's a decent nomination as he was a great servant to Hibs. I'm not sure if it'll get accepted though.

Probably not, but I thought what with all the comments getting made aboot giggs and man ure, Arthurs no a million miles behind in appearances and goals wi Hibs., in fact career wise, probably out does Giggs. Any fellow Hibees who agree should go to H O F site and nominate him tae.....people power.:thumbsup:

Nakedmanoncrack
13-03-2012, 12:22 PM
Can think of one player who played with Arthur Duncan who is more of a glaring omission..

PatHead
13-03-2012, 12:37 PM
On a slightly different topic, did anyone see the Pointless programme on Friday? At the end they were to name members of the Scotland Hall of Fame who had over 50 caps. Can't remember the other pointless answers but John Collins and Alan Rough were both pointless, anyone help out?

hibby67
13-03-2012, 01:26 PM
Arthur Duncan was my first hero watching hibs
can still see him now flying down the wing......:not worth

famous_fife_hibby
13-03-2012, 02:37 PM
They used to run a race every year at Meadowbank stadium for the wingers in scotland, i'm sure he always won it:flag:

Keith_M
13-03-2012, 02:39 PM
They used to run a race every year at Meadowbank stadium for the wingers in scotland, i'm sure he always won it:flag:

I heard he was faster than Alan O'Brien on a Motorbike!!!

WindyMiller
13-03-2012, 03:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTQmqaCg5uQ

1:30,2:44,3:50 of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTQmqaCg5uQ

:thumbsup:

But no modern day Hibby should be there before Stanton.

p.s WTF is Wullie Henderson doing there before either of the above two>

Stantons Angel
13-03-2012, 04:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTQmqaCg5uQ

1:30,2:44,3:50 of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTQmqaCg5uQ

:thumbsup:

But no modern day Hibby should be there before Stanton.

p.s WTF is Wullie Henderson doing there before either of the above two>

Simple answer to that one............... he played for Rangers didnt he?

STANTON would always walk in to this but Arthur is an unsung hero who did serve Hibs on and off the park. A real gentleman and a really nice person.

Yes, after Pat he gets my vote!

Seveno
13-03-2012, 04:46 PM
I was looking at the hall of fame web site, and decided to nominate Arthur, because of his commitment amongst other things, to Hibs. Who would you guys nominate from Hibs, and why.

Good call. Half a step behind Pat Stanton.

Nakedmanoncrack
13-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Good call. Half a step behind Pat Stanton.

I've been to the museum four or five times and always fill a slip in to nominate Stanton, shocking that he's not included.

cabbageandribs1875
13-03-2012, 05:10 PM
arfur duncan= nijinski

Hibrandenburg
13-03-2012, 05:36 PM
Probably the most genuinely friendly footballer ever to wear the Green.

cabbageandribs1875
13-03-2012, 05:39 PM
iirc arfur was a trained chiropodist(or sommit like that) and went on to do that when he hung up his boots

ginger_rice
13-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Probably the most genuinely friendly footballer ever to wear the Green.

:agree: Absolute gent, we used to travel in the train with his old man to games.

Agree about Pat Stanton too.

Get them both in!

:flag:

fat freddy
13-03-2012, 08:07 PM
i heard he's packed in his chiropodist practise and moved to australia

Jonnyboy
13-03-2012, 09:19 PM
iirc arfur was a trained chiropodist(or sommit like that) and went on to do that when he hung up his boots

i heard he's packed in his chiropodist practise and moved to australia

Yep, Arthur was/is a fully trained chiropodist. When he left Hibs he went to Meadowbank Thistle on their backroom staff but I believe he is now in Oz.

Was a brilliant servant to Hibs and a really nice guy as well.

cabbageandribs1875
13-03-2012, 09:29 PM
Yep, Arthur was/is a fully trained chiropodist. When he left Hibs he went to Meadowbank Thistle on their backroom staff but I believe he is now in Oz.

Was a brilliant servant to Hibs and a really nice guy as well.

a very decent guy :agree:

ancient hibee
15-03-2012, 03:56 PM
If Joe Baker and Pat Stanton don't get nominated this time the whole thing will be worthless.

chinaman
15-03-2012, 07:25 PM
If Joe Baker and Pat Stanton don't get nominated this time the whole thing will be worthless. in total agreement with the ancient lad here. 2 class acts who should of been in the hall years before now