PDA

View Full Version : Good thing or not?

Suburban Hibby
13-03-2012, 09:07 AM
I see Bomb Scare Zaliukas is suspended for the game on Sunday.

FastEddieFelson
13-03-2012, 09:09 AM
good thing, in my opinion. he usually plays well in derbies, does he not? aside from getting himself sent off for miller's penalty in the 2-2 draw towards the end of last season.

bingo70
13-03-2012, 09:26 AM
Think he's normally good in derbies so I'm pleased he's out, will it be darren barr that replaces him? Can only be a positive surely!

J-C
13-03-2012, 09:40 AM
At least there won't be any WWE wrstling in the penatly box for the refs to ignore

Jones28
13-03-2012, 09:59 AM
Good thing :agree:

He plays well in Derbies and is probably there best defenders.

aljo7-0
13-03-2012, 10:04 AM
Good thing in my opinion as he is their best defender.

Stevie Reid
13-03-2012, 10:06 AM
Definitely a good thing.

Hainan Hibs
13-03-2012, 10:08 AM
Was it him who constantly fouled Jones in the box at ER? There was one derby where we should have had about 7 penalties.

Tha Cabbage Kid
13-03-2012, 10:13 AM
bad thing.

did he not score for us the last time he played?:agree::wink:

Craig_in_Prague
13-03-2012, 10:29 AM
11 maroon training cones would beat us, so I don't really care who will play.

hailhail22
13-03-2012, 10:30 AM
bad thing.

did he not score for us the last time he played?:agree::wink:

:agree: correct

easty
13-03-2012, 10:42 AM
Very good news in my opinion. He's a good defender and they don't have much depth. Wouldnt be dissapointed to see Webster pick up a knock and miss it too (he must be due one, he's been fit for longer than I can remember - leg transplant?).

Hibbyradge
13-03-2012, 10:47 AM
If any of their first choice players are out, then it's a good thing.

In general, it seems that football fans are far too dismissive of their opponents' players, just because they're not supposed to rate them.

Mikey
13-03-2012, 10:49 AM
11 maroon training cones would beat us, so I don't really care who will play.

Aye, very good. Is that Pat's team talk this week?

You might be beat before we get there but Pat's team isn't.

Craig_in_Prague
13-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Aye, very good. Is that Pat's team talk this week?

You might be beat before we get there but Pat's team isn't.

I am optimistic under Pat; but never optimistic in a derby - they always want it more and the facts in our history kinda indicate that.

IF this team can get a win (or even a draw) on Sunday, I will be as happy as every other hibby......but I am allowed to feel like that and it's the players duty to fight and prove me wrong.

Mikey
13-03-2012, 10:55 AM
I am optimistic under Pat; but never optimistic in a derby - they always want it more and the facts in our history kinda indicate that.

IF this team can get a win (or even a draw) on Sunday, I will be as happy as every other hibby......but I am allowed to feel like that and it's the players duty to fight and prove me wrong.

But not your duty to be supportive?

Tha Cabbage Kid
13-03-2012, 11:41 AM

does being supportive mean being naive?

Danderhall Hibs
13-03-2012, 11:44 AM

He didn't say he wasn't going be supportive, jsut that he's not expecting it to be any different from the norm.

Dashing Bob S
13-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Hibs will tear that s*u* a new one.

proud_and_green
14-03-2012, 12:43 PM
Was it him who constantly fouled Jones in the box at ER? There was one derby where we should have had about 7 penalties.

If that was the game at easter Road then it was Stephen Presley. He was all over him holding him back arms round him, pushing him, pulling him. I am sure the ref actually gave a couple of fouls against Jones instead. I spoke to Jonesy after the game and he was raging at the Ref's inaction over it.

Seveno
14-03-2012, 12:47 PM

If in fact the referees are now clamping down in this then it would have been great to have the madman playing on Sunday.

JimBHibees
14-03-2012, 12:59 PM
I see Bomb Scare Zaliukas is suspended for the game on Sunday.

It is a good thing he and Webster are a decent solid pairing and work well together.

You would hope the energy and movement of ROD and Sparky could cause them some problems given service especially as Webster isnt as mobile as he once was though no doubt he will try and ref the game as usual.

JimBHibees
14-03-2012, 01:01 PM
If that was the game at easter Road then it was Stephen Presley. He was all over him holding him back arms round him, pushing him, pulling him. I am sure the ref actually gave a couple of fouls against Jones instead. I spoke to Jonesy after the game and he was raging at the Ref's inaction over it.

Nah it was Zaliukas in the game Hearts won after the Killie cup final win. Kenny Clark was the ref and completely ignored some incredibly blatant penalties in that game.