PDA

View Full Version : 4 league games before cup semi final

NOLA
12-03-2012, 06:56 PM
Hertz (away)
Arabs (home)
Inverness (away)
Motherwell (home)

will be good for us to go into the semi final on the back of 4 league wins on the bounce :party: however id be happy picking up 7 points from those fixtures.

madabouthibs
12-03-2012, 08:15 PM
I'd expect 6 points from that lot, anything more would be most delightful. :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
12-03-2012, 08:16 PM
Hertz (away)
Arabs (home)
Inverness (away)
Motherwell (home)

will be good for us to go into the semi final on the back of 4 league wins on the bounce :party: however id be happy picking up 7 points from those fixtures.

I'd be disappointed with anything less than maximum points, but football being what it is I'd accept 10. (Providing three came from the PBS)

NOLA
18-03-2012, 10:01 PM
1 down so only 3 wins on the bounce ahead of the semi , stranger things have happened :wink:

joe breezy
18-03-2012, 10:05 PM
As long as we get more points than Dunfermline all I care about is beating Aberdeen in the semi

silverhibee
18-03-2012, 10:11 PM
Hertz (away)
Arabs (home)
Inverness (away)
Motherwell (home)

I am going to be all doom and gloom and say i dont think we will pick up a single point from our next three games.

Sir David Gray
18-03-2012, 10:50 PM
I am going to be all doom and gloom and say i dont think we will pick up a single point from our next three games.

Probably 3 of the hardest fixtures we could have had.

Dundee Utd and Motherwell were always going to be tough games for us as they're both having good seasons and although we won in Inverness the last time we were up there, we all know what our overall record is like there.

We just really need to focus on winning the game against Dunfermline after the split, whenever that may be. I'm really not too fussed if we pick up any other points, so long as we don't get relegated obviously.

Famous5forever
18-03-2012, 11:30 PM

Dundee Utd and Motherwell were always going to be tough games for us as they're both having good seasons and although we won in Inverness the last time we were up there, we all know what our overall record is like there.

We just really need to focus on winning the game against Dunfermline after the split, whenever that may be. I'm really not too fussed if we pick up any other points, so long as we don't get relegated obviously.

I am not concerned as dunfermline IMO Will not pick up one single point from now till the end of the season.
We move on to next season now.

Keith_M
19-03-2012, 06:24 AM
Strange as it may seem, I think we'll beat Motherwell.

Won't get a point in the other two though.

Jones28
19-03-2012, 07:51 AM
4 points - draw with United, beat Inverness, lose to Motherwell. Wouldn't actually complain too much about that. Form makes absolutely no difference to Hibs at the moment, no matter who we've beaten the weeks before it does not matter a bit who we are playing.

NOLA
19-03-2012, 01:23 PM
I am not concerned as dunfermline IMO Will not pick up one single point from now till the end of the season.
We move on to next season now.
i admire your confidence mate, jumbo will have them right up for it now, i think they might get at least 1 point from now till the end of season

The Sea-gull
19-03-2012, 01:33 PM
i admire your confidence mate, jumbo will have them right up for it now, i think they might get at least 1 point from now till the end of season

Has Jefferies appointment been confirmed? He must be getting cabin fever having been in the changing room at the clubstore since Friday.

JimBHibees
19-03-2012, 01:40 PM

Not sure I agree with that. I think we need to be picking up points in other games and most weeks outwith the Celtc one at home we have competed reasonably well. I think we can get something against Utd on Saturday probably a score draw then another draw at Snecky and then beat Motherwell at home. Osbourne and Sproule back will help the squad and Soares should be closer to getting back to speed this week.

Golden Bear
19-03-2012, 02:02 PM
Has Jefferies appointment been confirmed? He must be getting cabin fever having been in the changing room at the clubstore since Friday.

JJ seems to be holding out for a better contract if the patter on this forum is to be believed.

http://dafc.info/forum/read.php?f=1&i=1146393&t=1146393

Famous5forever
19-03-2012, 03:05 PM

I Agree with you on this i also think our 4 point advantage plus our better goal difference will be important.
We also should have a home tie v Dunfermline post split although that is not guaranteed but even if we had to play them at there ground we would still win.
A Win v Aberdeen in the cup would be most welcome.:flag:

Liberal Hibby
19-03-2012, 03:13 PM
I think if we score first in any of these games we'll end up winning. So we'll definitely get some points from these games - even if like St Mirren we end up with a couple of home goaless draws.

iain nolan
19-03-2012, 03:18 PM
why dont we just take one game at a time . dundee utd at easter road is a hard game but we should be able to tke points off any team if the players turn up,
lets hope come sat night the other bottem 3 teams lose and we pick up something :flag: