PDA

View Full Version : Kick-Off time changed for Semi Final. - 12:15pm

silverhibee
12-03-2012, 03:59 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120312/semi-final-date-confirmed_2262950_2654310 :rolleyes:

Mikeystewart
12-03-2012, 04:01 PM
This will impact directly on the crowd, cant see it being a sell out now for sure.

blackpoolhibs
12-03-2012, 04:03 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120312/semi-final-date-confirmed_2262950_2654310 :rolleyes:

What a complete bunch of amateurs we have running the game in Scotland. Will still make the game on time, but was there any need to change it?

SRHibs
12-03-2012, 04:03 PM
What a stupid ****ing time to play it at. Don't doubt some fans will be deterred by it, especially Aberdeen fans who've got a long distance to travel. Are the people in charge of things ****ing brain dead? Really? Surely there would be both more fans at the game, and higher viewing figures on TV if it was played at a later time...?

givescotlandfreedom
12-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Thinking of the fans as always...

Gatecrasher
12-03-2012, 04:06 PM
they know how to **** up a good thing. I will still be going though

silverhibee
12-03-2012, 04:06 PM
What a complete bunch of amateurs we have running the game in Scotland. Will still make the game on time, but was there any need to change it?

How the **** can they make a ball's up of the time for a game of football, maybe Strathclyde's finest have had a word.

How can they be so f***ing stupid.

Saorsa
12-03-2012, 04:08 PM
Thinking of the fans as always...:agree:

Scottish fitba - thinking of the fans since......:hmmm:

:idea: never.

silverhibee
12-03-2012, 04:44 PM
And you watch on the day the media will not blame the early kick-off for the empty seats, it will be, well Hibs and Aberdeen have not had the best of season's so you can only expect a low turn out from the fans of both clubs.:rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
12-03-2012, 04:50 PM
A total ****ing joke that something as simple as a kick off time can be ballsed up on the day its announced.

The game in country is run by amateurs. In fact that's an insult to well organised amateur football associations the world over.

I'm surprised they didn't get the draw wrong but they already managed that a couple of years back.

Clowns.

blackpoolhibs
12-03-2012, 04:52 PM
It does in my opinion really show up just how ridiculously amateur the people who run football in Scotland are.

I thought it was funny when the old guy who used to play for Clyde dropped the ball he'd struggled to pick out the bowl. Although watching someone chase the ball round the studio was cringeworthy.:blushie:

Again today, the time and date is announced and then an hour or two later changed, These guys actually get paid to run our game, if they cant get the bloody time of a match correct first time, how the hell can they run the game especially in these troubled times?:panic:

Part/Time Supporter
12-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Why do they need to move it 30 minutes earlier?

:dunno:

The only thing I can think of is if it started at 12:45 and goes to ET / penalties, it would encroach on the 3pm to 5pm Saturday television blackout. I can recall an FA Cup game between Chelsea and Everton last season that ran past 3pm (Everton won on penalties), however.

blackpoolhibs
12-03-2012, 04:56 PM

Thats a good question, it does seems stupid unless its the TV flexing their muscles again? :confused:

Dinkydoo
12-03-2012, 04:56 PM
Aw for ****s sake.

I'm planning on going with two others and still expect to be there but this is a bloody joke. Going to have to leave at the crack of dawn.

Dalianwanda
12-03-2012, 04:59 PM
Hhhm...Thats gonna make things a bit tight for sure! :fuming: Coming into Prestwick, 30 mins earlier makes all the difference..

NOLA
12-03-2012, 05:02 PM
This will impact directly on the crowd, cant see it being a sell out now for sure.
not sure it would be a sell out even if a 3 o'clock kick off.

GreenPJ
12-03-2012, 05:05 PM
Thats a good question, it does seems stupid unless its the TV flexing their muscles again? :confused:

It's tv or the police. Either way its wrong. Glasgows finest are used to dealing with old firm games and in the past Scotland England games I am sure they could handle hibs aberdeen. Of its tv all the more reason for clubs to take the opportunity now to take back control.

MacBean
12-03-2012, 05:07 PM

The only thing I can think of is if it started at 12:45 and goes to ET / penalties, it would encroach on the 3pm to 5pm Saturday television blackout. I can recall an FA Cup game between Chelsea and Everton last season that ran past 3pm (Everton won on penalties), however.

It wouldn't be that reason. The game would be replayed (i.e. Hibs v Dunfermline a few years back(

Hibby D
12-03-2012, 05:08 PM
Party at mine before the buses leave.....starts at 4am. :clapper::partyhibb:cheers:

Seriously though, as much as they will try, let's NOT let the clowns that run our game drag us down!!

AFKA5814_Hibs
12-03-2012, 05:14 PM
It wouldn't be that reason. The game would be replayed (i.e. Hibs v Dunfermline a few years back(

No replay, game is played to a finish on the day. The Hibs game was the last semi final that went to a replay.

NAE NOOKIE
12-03-2012, 05:16 PM
Its a bloody outrage !!!

For me and a lot of other people a big part of a showpiece game is the banter in the pub and a bit of a sing song for a couple of hours beforehand. But as usual the folk who will be sitting on their ***** at home ( no offence to those who want to go but cant ) are the priority.

As for the Aberdeen fans, what a disgracefull way to treat them. This isnt England with motorways all over the place I can only imagine what time they will have to leave to get to Hampden for 12:15.

I would guess this will knock 5 to 10 thousand off the crowd.

Its totally unacceptable and I would suggest a few banners at Hampden on the 14th venting our ( Hibbies and Sheep ) displeasure.

Anyway .... I'm off to E Mail the SFA and Hibs, though I am aware that neither Hibs or Aberdeen have any say in this.

blackpoolhibs
12-03-2012, 05:26 PM
Its a bloody outrage !!!

For me and a lot of other people a big part of a showpiece game is the banter in the pub and a bit of a sing song for a couple of hours beforehand. But as usual the folk who will be sitting on their ***** at home ( no offence to those who want to go but cant ) are the priority.

As for the Aberdeen fans, what a disgracefull way to treat them. This isnt England with motorways all over the place I can only imagine what time they will have to leave to get to Hampden for 12:15.

Its totally unacceptable and I would suggest a few banners at Hampden on the 14th venting our ( Hibbies and Sheep ) displeasure.

Anyway .... I'm off to E Mail the SFA and Hibs, though I am aware that neither Hibs or Aberdeen have any say in this.

:top marks 100% spot on, every word. :agree:

Hibernia Na Eir
12-03-2012, 05:29 PM
I'd imagine after Saturday nights trouble, Strathclyde cops have asked for this switch.

marinello59
12-03-2012, 05:31 PM
How the **** can they make a ball's up of the time for a game of football, maybe Strathclyde's finest have had a word.

How can they be so f***ing stupid.

To be fair they have had years of practice.

HIBERNIAN-0762
12-03-2012, 05:33 PM
What a fking scandal! just WTF goes on in the tiny minds of the SFA?

The game should have been played at Tynie (yes, I know) with a 12.30 KO, now that the games is broadcast on Sky the whole of Britain can have a laugh at the empty spaces at Hampden, they just don't care do they?, just bite the hand off Sky for the money and don't bother their erses about the fans.

Someone please get up an email petition of protest to send to these idiots

If we don't they think it's alright and we don't matter.

F*** the SFA!!!

killie-hibby
12-03-2012, 05:37 PM
Its a bloody outrage !!!

10,000 equates to more than £200000 gate money. Does anyone know what Sky/BBC are paying for this match.

frazeHFC
12-03-2012, 05:37 PM
:agree:

Scottish fitba - thinking of the fans since......:hmmm:

:idea: never.

:tee hee:

Very true though!

madabouthibs
12-03-2012, 05:40 PM
I believe it was Jock Stein that said, "without fans, football would be nothing".
I'd say, without Glasgow, football would be juuuust fine!

Pretty Boy
12-03-2012, 05:46 PM
To be fair they have had years of practice.

And they seem to surpass previous performances year upon year.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
12-03-2012, 05:55 PM
Its a bloody outrage !!!

down-the-slope
12-03-2012, 06:09 PM
They couldn't organise a bun fight in a bakery........

Why not just make it 11.30...that way no pubs will have to suffer the indinity of having Dons or Hibs fans darkening their door .....:rolleyes:

Mary Hinge
12-03-2012, 06:13 PM
Its a bloody outrage !!!

Absolutely spot on :agree:

The whole match day experience is being destroyed by some ridiculous decisions being made by people who actually think that they are improving a declining product.

Nakedmanoncrack
12-03-2012, 06:32 PM
Sounds like a good old fiasco with the time being announced then changed a couple of hours later, but its only 30 minutes difference from the original time, not sure why its lead to such an outpouring of rage to be honest!:confused:

Beefster
12-03-2012, 06:33 PM
Sounds like a good old fiasco with the time being announced then changed a couple of hours later, but its only 30 minutes difference from the original time, not sure why its lead to such an outpouring of rage to be honest!:confused:

I was thinking the same thing.

NAE NOOKIE
12-03-2012, 06:45 PM

If it had been 12:45 my post would have been exactly the same.

If your idea of the big match experience is turning up in Glasgow half an hour before kick off ( after getting up at rediculous o'clock for Dons fans ), going straight from your car or supporters bus into the stadium and then watching one of Scottish footballs showpiece matches being played out to a UK wide audience who are all laughing their t1ts off at the swathes of empty seats, then fair enough.

It certainly isnt mine.

:bitchy:

Hibernia Na Eir
12-03-2012, 06:48 PM
not too unhappy with ko change......just means more time in pubs back in ze Capital when we return (hopefully with a final berth in the bag) ;)

blackpoolhibs
12-03-2012, 06:56 PM

For me personally it nearly made me miss the kick off, my train times are now tight and any delays will be costly, but i should still make it.

What about those who come from afar, is it too much to ask that the information they print out is correct?

It costs folk enough money to follow their clubs, and they are diminishing quickly enough without them costing us even more through their inadequacy.

Nakedmanoncrack
12-03-2012, 07:06 PM

If your idea of the big match experience is turning up in Glasgow half an hour before kick off ( after getting up at rediculous o'clock for Dons fans ), going straight from your car or supporters bus into the stadium and then watching one of Scottish footballs showpiece matches being played out to a UK wide audience who are all laughing their t1ts off at the swathes of empty seats, then fair enough.

It certainly isnt mine.

Do people really laugh at swathes of empty seats?
All I'm interested in is seeing Hibs get to the final, if we do I doubt anyone will remember the occasion for the number of seats un/occupied. Last time we played Aberdeen at hampden their support was tiny, don't recall it taking the edge of their celebrations. Likewise Hampden defeats to Livi, Dunfermline or Dundee Utd werent made more bearable by us having the vast majority of the crowd.

Alfred E Newman
12-03-2012, 07:19 PM
I am surprised at the reaction of some fans on here. Surely they should know by now that the feelings of supporters who stump up large amounts of hard earned cash to follow their team, and the distances they have to travel, do not come into the equasion when decisions are made regarding kick off times.

blackpoolhibs
12-03-2012, 07:24 PM
I am surprised at the reaction of some fans on here. Surely they should know by now that the feelings of supporters who stump up large amounts of hard earned cash to follow their team, and the distances they have to travel, do not come into the equasion when decisions are made regarding kick off times.

I think the tide is turning, more and more fans are tuning in rather than following their club and turning up to live tv games.

Its only a matter of time before those running football realise nobody is actually at the game.

Beefster
12-03-2012, 07:30 PM
I think the tide is turning, more and more fans are tuning in rather than following their club and turning up to live tv games.

Its only a matter of time before those running football realise nobody is actually at the game.

As has been pointed out by others today, it's massively ironic to have folk moaning about the TV kick-off times (which, in part, aren't the TV companies fault, but that's another issue) but encouraging those times by watching the games on TV instead of going to the game.

3pm
12-03-2012, 07:30 PM

Yep, we won't be selling tickets soon, it'll be TV subscriptions! Those with Sky Sports and ESPN will get first shot.

NAE NOOKIE
12-03-2012, 07:52 PM
Do people really laugh at swathes of empty seats?
All I'm interested in is seeing Hibs get to the final, if we do I doubt anyone will remember the occasion for the number of seats un/occupied. Last time we played Aberdeen at hampden their support was tiny, don't recall it taking the edge of their celebrations. Likewise Hampden defeats to Livi, Dunfermline or Dundee Utd werent made more bearable by us having the vast majority of the crowd.

As one of the few who were at Hampden to see us beat the current buns on pens in a semi final a number of years ago I am well aware that you dont need a huge crowd to create an atmosphere, as any Hibbie who was there that night will tell you. And when the game kicks off on the 14th I for one wont care how many folk are missing as long as I'm not one of them.

But I do care about the image of our game and mountains of empty seats at a semi final between two of our biggest clubs on nationwide TV is bad for that image.

Speedy
12-03-2012, 07:58 PM
As has been pointed out by others today, it's massively ironic to have folk moaning about the TV kick-off times (which, in part, aren't the TV companies fault, but that's another issue) but encouraging those times by watching the games on TV instead of going to the game.

Yes. To a large extent, the worse the time the more people will watch it on tv

stantonhibby
12-03-2012, 08:08 PM

It certainly isnt mine.

no mine is get an early train to Glasgow - bit of breakfast - few beers at 11 then taxi to the game at 11.45ish

watch us get to the SC final

back to Edinburgh and have loads of time to celebrate - great day oot

can't quite see what all the girning about an early ko is all about - and as for this worrying about such an early start for the poor wee souls from Aberdeen- who cares ?

HH81
12-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Screwed my plans slightly and now its more expensive. Half hour diffrence make a big difference.

Class clowns.

Billy Whizz
12-03-2012, 08:15 PM
Hampden is only 45 mins from the West of Edinburgh along the new M74 extension.
Loads of Hibs supporters outside Edinburgh travel more than this for every Hibs game.
Some fans really need to get a grip. This is a major game for Hibs after a few years in the doldrums.
Win this one and all the moaners will have a 3pm ko on 19th May. Oh I forget they may moan if they don't get a ticket

Baldy Foghorn
12-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Second match whereby the kick off has been amended after original announcement (Inverness 1st April being the other).

I feel sorry for the Lancashire guys and Aberdeen fans, but anyone from Edinburgh moaning about it just doesn't cut it for me.....Its an hour on a coach, slightly less in car or on train.....Its a massive game for us and kick off time should not have too much of an impact (unless family or work comittments are an issue).....Onwards and upwards

S.sct
12-03-2012, 08:21 PM

Your'e right but the KO time has certainly resulted in my questioning going through. I hoped one of the games would be televised (the one containing Smelic) and the other would KO at 3pm on the Saturday. Real pity.......for semi's and finals it's all about the day out, a few beers maybe BEFORE the match etc. Certainly not rulling out the trip but not quite as buzzing as I was when the draw was made.

HH81
12-03-2012, 08:24 PM
Second match whereby the kick off has been amended after original announcement (Inverness 1st April being the other).

I feel sorry for the Lancashire guys and Aberdeen fans, but anyone from Edinburgh moaning about it just doesn't cut it for me.....Its an hour on a coach, slightly less in car or on train.....Its a massive game for us and kick off time should not have too much of an impact (unless family or work comittments are an issue).....Onwards and upwards

Don't be sorry for the lancashire guys, cheap travel to Glasgow. Us Yorkshire guys its a nightmare and may require overnight stay in Preston now.

Baldy Foghorn
12-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Don't be sorry for the lancashire guys, cheap travel to Glasgow. Us Yorkshire guys its a nightmare and may require overnight stay in Preston now.

Oops, feel sorry for all our English based fans then, that better HH81?:greengrin

HH81
12-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Oops, feel sorry for all our English based fans then, that better HH81?:greengrin

Only a little bit :-).

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-03-2012, 08:28 PM
Plenty boozers in the weej open early for pre match pints.

blackpoolhibs
12-03-2012, 08:32 PM
no mine is get an early train to Glasgow - bit of breakfast - few beers at 11 then taxi to the game at 11.45ish

can't quite see what all the girning about an early ko is all about - and as for this worrying about such an early start for the poor wee souls from Aberdeen- who cares ?

You sound like an old firm fan, :rolleyes: it takes two teams to make a game and 2 sets of fans to make an atmosphere.

No consideration is given these days for any live football supporter, they are making it easier and easier to not bother actually going to games.

Would you be happy with no fans at live tv games, because thats the way its going?

HH81
12-03-2012, 08:34 PM
Plenty boozers in the weej open early for pre match pints.

Least if you get pissed and sell your ticket you would be able to get another :-)

--------
12-03-2012, 08:39 PM
You sound like an old firm fan, :rolleyes: it takes two teams to make a game and 2 sets of fans to make an atmosphere.

No consideration is given these days for any live football supporter, they are making it easier and easier to not bother actually going to games.

Would you be happy with no fans at live tv games, because thats the way its going?

A Cup semi-final should be played at 3.00 in the afternoon. That gibves both sets of fans a decent chance to get to the game in numbers, and recognises the imnportance of the game.

This decison is about BBC and Sky TV and their schedules, fittimng our game in with more important ones elsewhere. No consideration whatsoever for the fans who are allegedly the 'life-blood' of the sport.

LancashireHibby
12-03-2012, 08:45 PM

I feel sorry for anybody who is unfortunate enough to live in Yorkshire :greengrin

Graham Law
12-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Sorry for everyone's pain as I know if still living in Edinburgh I would have wanted a 3pm kick off. On a selfish note this works just perfect for us OZ based fans as I think that now means the game kicks of at 10.45pm in NSW.....

Day at the beach then back to the house for a massive Hibs party ... watch the game , watch the Hibees win and then pissed online to book ma flights home for the final :cb:pfgwa

HH81
12-03-2012, 08:47 PM
I feel sorry for anybody who is unfortunate enough to live in Yorkshire :greengrin

:na na: I'll let you off that comment as long as your spend loads of money at Cougar park :greengrin

Newry Hibs
12-03-2012, 08:48 PM
Was thinking of getting the ferry across to Stranraer / Cairnryan which gets in at 10.00 - theres a 2 hour drive according to Google maps to Hampden, so this would cut it very fine as I expect it to be a bit busier around 12.00ish. So this extra 30 minutes could make a difference.

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-03-2012, 08:50 PM
Least if you get pissed and sell your ticket you would be able to get another :-)

Time to let that go now is it not? why are you so bothered what I do with my dough? Its becoming tedious now, smiley face or not.

Billy Whizz
12-03-2012, 08:50 PM
Sorry for everyone's pain as I know if still living in Edinburgh I would have wanted a 3pm kick off. On a selfish note this works just perfect for us OZ based fans as I think that now means the game kicks of at 10.45pm in NSW.....

Day at the beach then back to the house for a massive Hibs party ... watch the game , watch the Hibees win and then pissed online to book ma flights home for the final :cb:pfgwa

Graham, life's so hard for you!!!

DMR1875
12-03-2012, 08:51 PM
We should all phone Sky and ESPN cancel our subscription. They are taking the p1ss. Not just having to pay for Sky Sports but Scottish football fans need ESPN also to see there teams on TV. This dictatorship should end now. Get back to 3pm Kick offs, If your a fan you will go to the game to see it, not in your house. The club will get the ticket money and a stadium that is less empty on match days.

We are treated like the lowest of the low. They have to remember It's our hard earned cash, If we dont gave them it they are gone.

SteveHFC
12-03-2012, 08:51 PM
We should all phone Sky and ESPN cancel our subscription. They are taking the p1ss. Not just having to pay for Sky Sports but Scottish football fans need ESPN also to see there teams on TV. This dictatorship should end now. Get back to 3pm Kick offs, If your a fan you will go to the game to see it, not in your house. The club will get the ticket money and a stadium that is less empty on match days.

We are treated like the lowest of the low. They have to remember It's our hard earned cash, If we dont gave them it they are gone.

:top marks

Hibernia Na Eir
12-03-2012, 08:54 PM
shaping up for a brilliant day out. Cant wait :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
12-03-2012, 08:54 PM

I did that 2 years ago, if i want to watch a game i just pick any of the many fine streams out there every week for almost every game.

Wouldn't give another penny towards old firm tv.

Jones28
12-03-2012, 08:57 PM

As much as I agree with you, I don't actually think Sky would give 2 ****s if Scottish Football supporters cancelled their subscriptions based on that reason. The make a horrendous amount from people that don't have Sky Sports, plus the millions they get out of English customers.

This was my e-mail to the SFA:

Having come in and checked the arrangements for the Aberdeen - Hibernian semi-final I am once again aghast at the SFA!

What possible benefit does having a kick-off time at 12.15 possibly bring to the so-called "lifeblood of the game", the supporters - like myself and the 40,000 other Hibs and Aberdeen fans that will be travelling through to Glasgow.

To me and I'm sure plenty of others this is just another example of the SFA putting money before the fans. Now, thanks to this ridiculous arrangement there will be a Hampden that will NOT BE FULL. And it will be broadcast to the whole nation on Sky and the BBC.

The SFA: putting fans before finances since...eh...never.

K.P - Hibs season ticket holder.

DMR1875
12-03-2012, 08:58 PM
Oh I forgot to say C'MON THE HI-BEES! I Will be there.:flag:

JimBHibees
13-03-2012, 08:50 AM
Complete shambles that the Stakeholders cant all get together and agree a time prior to announcing it to the World. To change the time which is only 30 mins but will no doubt affect a number of people who will have booked travel plans is an absolute joke in this day and age and the Authorities/clubs should be forced to explain exactly why this change was necessary and who forced it to be changed.

silverhibee
13-03-2012, 11:37 AM
Complete shambles that the Stakeholders cant all get together and agree a time prior to announcing it to the World. To change the time which is only 30 mins but will no doubt affect a number of people who will have booked travel plans is an absolute joke in this day and age and the Authorities/clubs should be forced to explain exactly why this change was necessary and who forced it to be changed.

Nobody wanting to take the blame for yesterday's shambles, did Hibs and STV jump the gun with announcing the time, or did the SFA give the right time out and Strathclyde's finest said that 12.45 was a no no for a Hibs Vs Aberdeen game in Glasgow.

Has anyone had a reply from Hibs on why they put it up on there website then two hours later changed it again.

NAE NOOKIE
13-03-2012, 05:12 PM
Hampden is only 45 mins from the West of Edinburgh along the new M74 extension.
Loads of Hibs supporters outside Edinburgh travel more than this for every Hibs game.
Some fans really need to get a grip. This is a major game for Hibs after a few years in the doldrums.
Win this one and all the moaners will have a 3pm ko on 19th May. Oh I forget they may moan if they don't get a ticket

This is not just about one match .... this is about folk who actually get off their ***** and go to matches taking second place to the TV folk time after time. I for one am not prepared to be treated like a bloody afterthought just because TV is the be all and end all.

This has nothing to do with how long it takes to get to Hampden .. If it means getting up at 5am then I will do it. Its about the whole atmosphere of the day ( which like it or not includes a few hours in the boozer for a lot of us ) being ruined to suit TV.

At The Edge
13-03-2012, 05:34 PM
http://local.stv.tv/aberdeen/news/sport/30783-msp-calls-for-aberdeens-semi-final-kick-off-time-to-be-changed/

A North-east politician has called on the Scottish Football Association to reconsider the timing of Aberdeen's William Hill Scottish Cup semi-final clash against Hibernian.

MSP Mark McDonald, an Aberdeen supporter, is concerned that Dons fans travelling from the Granite City will struggle to make it to Hampden in time for the 12.15pm kick-off on April 14.

The match is due to be screened live on Sky Sports and BBC.

Mr McDonald has tabled a motion in parliament calling on the SFA to "consider changing the time so that it suits supporters rather than television schedules."

He said: "This decision smacks of pandering to the television producers rather than showing the slightest interest in the needs of the ordinary supporters.

"The SFA needs to rethink this decision and show some common sense. It is not just fans who will be travelling from Aberdeen who will be inconvenienced, there are supporters further north who will have to leave extremely early in the morning to travel.

"It is high time the needs of the supporter were placed at the centre of decision making, and I urge the SFA to think again on the timing of the match."

silverhibee
13-03-2012, 06:42 PM
http://local.stv.tv/aberdeen/news/sport/30783-msp-calls-for-aberdeens-semi-final-kick-off-time-to-be-changed/

A North-east politician has called on the Scottish Football Association to reconsider the timing of Aberdeen's William Hill Scottish Cup semi-final clash against Hibernian.

MSP Mark McDonald, an Aberdeen supporter, is concerned that Dons fans travelling from the Granite City will struggle to make it to Hampden in time for the 12.15pm kick-off on April 14.

Mr McDonald has tabled a motion in parliament calling on the SFA to "consider changing the time so that it suits supporters rather than television schedules."

He said: "This decision smacks of pandering to the television producers rather than showing the slightest interest in the needs of the ordinary supporters.

"The SFA needs to rethink this decision and show some common sense. It is not just fans who will be travelling from Aberdeen who will be inconvenienced, there are supporters further north who will have to leave extremely early in the morning to travel.

"It is high time the needs of the supporter were placed at the centre of decision making, and I urge the SFA to think again on the timing of the match."

Well said Mark McDonald, looks like the sheep are not happy with this kick off time too.

Hope Margo McDonald can speak up for us Hibby's. :aok:

Scouse Hibee
13-03-2012, 06:53 PM

What a load of bollox, If you want to get anywhere, you will leave early enough to ensure you get there! I take it Aberdeen supporters only ever book afternoon flights for their holidays do they?

killie-hibby
13-03-2012, 08:57 PM
What a load of bollox, If you want to get anywhere, you will leave early enough to ensure you get there! I take it Aberdeen supporters only ever book afternoon flights for their holidays do they?

It seems you are in support of television companies instructing the SFA,Hibs and Aberdeen as to what time they can KO their matches.

Scouse Hibee
13-03-2012, 10:22 PM
It seems you are in support of television companies instructing the SFA,Hibs and Aberdeen as to what time they can KO their matches.

No it seems you are making ridiculous assumptions based on my belief that if you want to get there then you will!

silverhibee
13-03-2012, 10:25 PM

What a load of bollox, my son works weekends 6 - 10 o'clock mornings, i will have to pick him up from Ratho come back in to Edinburgh so he can shower get dressed and then we will leave for the game, with the traffic heading to Hampden we could struggle to get there for kick-off, that extra half hour change in time will affect us getting to the game on time. :aok:

Scouse Hibee
13-03-2012, 10:33 PM
What a load of bollox, my son works weekends 6 - 10 o'clock mornings, i will have to pick him up from Ratho come back in to Edinburgh so he can shower get dressed and then we will leave for the game, with the traffic heading to Hampden we could struggle to get there for kick-off, that extra half hour change in time will affect us getting to the game on time. :aok:

Aye but you know as well as I do that you WILL make it on time because you WILL find a way :greengrin Give up the shower and change of clothes and you've cracked it!

monktonharp
13-03-2012, 11:10 PM

can't quite see what all the girning about an early ko is all about - and as for this worrying about such an early start for the poor wee souls from Aberdeen- who cares ?Hmmmm, interesting. what size of glass do you drink your "few" beers from in 45 minutes?:confused:

Scouse Hibee
13-03-2012, 11:17 PM
Hmmmm, interesting. what size of glass do you drink your "few" beers from in 45 minutes?:confused:

45 mins ample time using a pint glass to sink a few!

killie-hibby
13-03-2012, 11:30 PM
No it seems you are making ridiculous assumptions based on my belief that if you want to get there then you will!

The motion tabled in Parliament by MSP Mark McDonald is calling on the SFA "to consider changing the time so that it suits supporters rather than TV schedules." This you described as "a load of bollox". We all know that most supporters will strive to attend this 1215 KO. What you are unable to comprehend is that the primary problem and complaints are that television companies dictate KO times. Therefore supporters attending matches come second to people sitting on their backsides in front of the TV. If my assumptions are ridiculous,it indicates you disagree with early KO's. Or dont you care what time a match kicks off, and you think it OK that thousands of supporters be inconvenienced. Please be aware that not all supporters can travel at any time of the day. There will be a substantial number who have genuine reasons for being unable to arrive at Hampden by 1215 whether they come from Aberdeen,Edinburgh or anywhere else in the UK. It's not a load of bollox if you have commitments preventing attendance at early Ko's. It is your assumptions that are ridiculous and inconsiderate towards those who want to attend the game but genuinely cannot make a 1215 KO due to commitments.

Scouse Hibee
13-03-2012, 11:36 PM
The motion tabled in Parliament by MSP Mark McDonald is calling on the SFA "to consider changing the time so that it suits supporters rather than TV schedules." This you described as "a load of bollox". We all know that most supporters will strive to attend this 1215 KO. What you are unable to comprehend is that the primary problem and complaints are that television companies dictate KO times. Therefore supporters attending matches come second to people sitting on their backsides in front of the TV. If my assumptions are ridiculous,it indicates you disagree with early KO's. Or dont you care what time a match kicks off, and you think it OK that thousands of supporters be inconvenienced. Please be aware that not all supporters can travel at any time of the day. There will be a substantial number who have genuine reasons for being unable to arrive at Hampden by 1215 whether they come from Aberdeen,Edinburgh or anywhere else in the UK. It's not a load of bollox if you have commitments preventing attendance at early Ko's. It is your assumptions that are ridiculous and inconsiderate towards those who want to attend the game but genuinely cannot make a 1215 KO due to commitments.

If all games before this semi final had always kicked off religiously at 3pm you may have a point, they dont and haven't done so for years therefore I reiterate my initial response...............A load of bollox. Commitments prevent people from attending football matches it's a fact of life get over it.

Sick Boy
14-03-2012, 02:13 AM

:pray:

killie-hibby
14-03-2012, 07:41 AM
If all games before this semi final had always kicked off religiously at 3pm you may have a point, they dont and haven't done so for years therefore I reiterate my initial response...............A load of bollox. Commitments prevent people from attending football matches it's a fact of life get over it.

Thanks, Scouse Hibee for the reiteration. I must admit that during my first thirty years or more of watching Hibs, all games kicked off at 3pm on Saturdays or 7.30pm on Wednesdays. Therefore my opinons on early KO's have been influenced by the 3pm and 7.30pm habit. I concede that younger people more used to varying KO times have less of a problem with 1215pm etc., They have not been conditioned to standard or traditional KO times.
On the same subject there is an article in this mornings net edition of the Guardian,s "Scottish Football Blog"that shows Hibs as having had 13 different KO times this season which really doesnt allow supporters to plan too far ahead and may deter some people from supporting Hibs or any other team that gets mucked about by TV timings.
Sorry I dont have the computer skills to transfer the article on to this thread. The article was accessed via News Now Hibernian web site.

Saorsa
14-03-2012, 07:48 AM
Thanks, Scouse Hibee for the reiteration. I must admit that during my first thirty years or more of watching Hibs, all games kicked off at 3pm on Saturdays or 7.30pm on Wednesdays. Therefore my opinons on early KO's have been influenced by the 3pm and 7.30pm habit. I concede that younger people more used to varying KO times have less of a problem with 1215pm etc., They have not been conditioned to standard or traditional KO times.
On the same subject there is an article in this mornings net edition of the Guardian,s "Scottish Football Blog"that shows Hibs as having had 13 different KO times this season which really doesnt allow supporters to plan too far ahead and may deter some people from supporting Hibs or any other team that gets mucked about by TV timings.
Sorry I dont have the computer skills to transfer the article on to this thread. The article was accessed via News Now Hibernian web site.http://www.scottishfootballblog.co.uk/2012/03/fixtures-and-flittings.html?

Particularly when they change the same game twice after folk have already made and paid for their arrangements. ****in' disgrace.

blackpoolhibs
14-03-2012, 08:10 AM
Some folk dont have any kind of life, so can make any time or place. Others will change what they do to make the game. Some folk cant change their schedule, and others wont because they cant be arsed anymore.

One things as clear as daylight, the normal run of the mill football fan is the last person considered these days.

Saorsa
14-03-2012, 08:12 AM
Some folk dont have any kind of life, so can make any time or place. Others will change what they do to make the game. Some folk cant change their schedule, and others wont because they cant be arsed anymore.

One things as clear as daylight, the normal run of the mill football fan is the last person considered these days.:agree:

Hibbyradge
14-03-2012, 08:14 AM

One things as clear as daylight, the normal run of the mill football fan is the last person considered these days.

What kind of football fan is considered?

Saorsa
14-03-2012, 08:16 AM
What kind of football fan is considered?The TV watching kind?

blackpoolhibs
14-03-2012, 08:17 AM

Those that can make any time or place at the drop of a hat, then have it changed weeks later when they have booked train times or hotels they wont need.

Jones28
14-03-2012, 08:19 AM

The part-timers that don't go to games :wink:

blackpoolhibs
14-03-2012, 08:37 AM
The part-timers that don't go to games :wink:

:greengrin Just the type we need to encourage along more often. And i know you were joking, but that group is getting bigger and bigger every week/month/season.:boo hoo:

Hibbyradge
14-03-2012, 09:32 AM
The TV watching kind?

Aye, they are considered up to a point, but I'd argue that they are actually more run of the mill than those who go to games.

Fans aren't really considered at all, whether they're run of the mill or extraordinary.

Unfortunately, they have little financial clout to change that state of affairs.

Saorsa
14-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Aye, they are considered up to a point, but I'd argue that they are actually more run of the mill than those who go to games.

Fans aren't really considered at all, whether they're run of the mill or extraordinary.

Unfortunately, they have little financial clout to change that state of affairs.I'm sure I read somewhere that here in Scotland that clubs get by far the largest percentage of their dosh via the turnstiles, far more than is generated by TV income. When enough people get fed up and stop going they might get the message. I've decided I'm ditching my season ticket for numerous reasons, one of which is the number of ****ty KO times. I may even decide tae turn up only for games that KO at 3pm on a Saturday.

Dashing Bob S
14-03-2012, 12:16 PM
I shall probably just party through Friday night now, and it will be the fault of the television people. At 12.45 I was planning to have an early night, but 12.15...well, no real point, is there?

Billy Whizz
15-03-2012, 06:55 PM
I wonder how much the tickets will be?
£20 for adults and £10 for kids or do you think I'm being optimistic

Makaveli
15-03-2012, 07:44 PM

I fear you are. They'll know that the folk who would pay £20 will pay £25.

lyonhibs
15-03-2012, 08:10 PM
So, when all is said and done, is anyone genuinely going to miss Hibs in a SC semi final purely down to the KO time? Im just wondering.

JimBHibees
16-03-2012, 10:57 AM

I would imagine it may be cheaper (20 and 5????) if you are willing to go into a family section as would imagine they will want to try and encourage as many families as possible to go which is the right way. Scottish internationals are pretty well priced for families so I hope they do the same for the semi final.

Gmack7
16-03-2012, 03:13 PM
has it been announced yet what end were getting(traditional hibs end prob)

Yuillsy
16-03-2012, 03:55 PM
So, when all is said and done, is anyone genuinely going to miss Hibs in a SC semi final purely down to the KO time? Im just wondering.

I Would have done. I work till 1pm on a Saturday but i've just managed to swap my day off that week so now i can go. There's roughly another 8 guys in my work that aren't so lucky. As i said in an earlier post if the game kicked off at 3 we'd all have made it but they've got no chance of going now.

Makaveli
16-03-2012, 04:43 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120316/semi-final-tickets_2262950_2662763

Family stand £15/£5, £23 elsewhere.

Nakedmanoncrack
16-03-2012, 04:49 PM

Family stand £15/£5, £23 elsewhere.

Surely can't be many complaints about that.

Saorsa
16-03-2012, 05:05 PM

Family stand £15/£5, £23 elsewhere.decent http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies/aokg.gif

http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies/flaghibsg.gif :flag: http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies/whitegreenflag.gif

http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies/greenflare.gif http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies/tootg.gif http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies/totale2.gif http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies/tootg.gif http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies/greenflare.gif

Keith_M
17-03-2012, 10:38 AM
has it been announced yet what end were getting(traditional hibs end prob)

Yes, it's the "Hibs End" (East Stand)

:thumbsup: