PDA

View Full Version : Get yourself a semi final ticket!

The Sea-gull
12-03-2012, 04:29 PM
When they go on sale, if you are able to and can afford to go please get one. We need as big a support as possible there to cheer on the boys on the day. Even if you have not been to a game for years your support is valuable. Please nobody call fans who are making this their once in a blue moon Hibs game "glory hunters" - we need to get all types of fans to come to games like this.

I know there are many valid reasons why folk don't go to games but for me saying things like "I can't be bothered going through to Glasgow for a 12.45 kick off" is not a valid reason for missing the game. If you can, get yourself through there!

I am still embarassed by the numbers at the 2006 semi v Hearts. The fans are out there as we have seen in the past and a semi final of a national cup competition especially our first in 5 years is a must attend match. Another invalid reason is "I'm not going coz we'll probably get beat". This one was peddled out ahead of the 2006 Hearts semi. If you can't handle being at a defeat in a big game then you support the wrong club. It is, unfortunately part of being a Hibby losing big games but you have to keep believing that we'll win sometime and games like the final v Kilmarnock soon make you forget the defeats.

Aberdeen will have a big noisy colourful support there, we need the same!

:pfgwa :flag:

FromTheCapital
12-03-2012, 04:39 PM
:singing: "When the Hibs go up to lift the Scottish Cup, I'll be there, I'll be there!" :singing:

Going to the Semi...And hopefully the final! GGTTH. :thumbsup:

:flag:

monktonharp
13-03-2012, 01:11 AM
When they go on sale, if you are able to and can afford to go please get one. We need as big a support as possible there to cheer on the boys on the day. Even if you have not been to a game for years your support is valuable. Please nobody call fans who are making this their once in a blue moon Hibs game "glory hunters" - we need to get all types of fans to come to games like this.

I know there are many valid reasons why folk don't go to games but for me saying things like "I can't be bothered going through to Glasgow for a 12.45 kick off" is not a valid reason for missing the game. If you can, get yourself through there!

I am still embarassed by the numbers at the 2006 semi v Hearts. The fans are out there as we have seen in the past and a semi final of a national cup competition especially our first in 5 years is a must attend match. Another invalid reason is "I'm not going coz we'll probably get beat". This one was peddled out ahead of the 2006 Hearts semi. If you can't handle being at a defeat in a big game then you support the wrong club. It is, unfortunately part of being a Hibby losing big games but you have to keep believing that we'll win sometime and games like the final v Kilmarnock soon make you forget the defeats.

:pfgwa :flag: good post, but lets hope that lessons have been learnt re- ticket distribution for this one. the Gorgie mob let their fans buy group tickets, with no problems. HFC decided to allow 1 ticket per fan, if I recall, and this had a major effect on our numbers. why would they try to keep back tickets until the ST holders buy one each? we will have thoosands o' tickets. sell sell sell. forget this pish about ST holders only , for the first week. we need to fill our end.surely they are not going to use that auld data base crap for this one?

smurf
13-03-2012, 01:18 AM

Why do you get embarrassed by the Hibs support in 2006 at Hampden? They had gaps and unsold tickets. So did we. They sold marginally more than us. Whoopy do.

For a ridiculous time our support of around 17,000 IIRC was respectable.

monktonharp
13-03-2012, 01:30 AM
I cetainly did not feel embarassed , as suggested by the OP but I was pissed off at the way the ticket were distributed. it meant that family/friends were unable to sit together etc and that cost a very significant number of bums on seats imho. that Gorgie mob will never admit to the gaps they had too. the problem was that tv picked up on the large vacated areas in our end after 3 nil. most of us were beat before a ba' was kicked,when the teams were read out.

KWJ
13-03-2012, 03:26 AM
THAT semi was horrible. It felt like there were far more than them than us, they were in greater voice. They done us on and off the park.

It's behind us, as the OP says - Let's not have it happen again. Sell oot! (not until I've got my ticket mind!)

McHibby
13-03-2012, 04:25 AM
I have to work until 10pm the night before (and live in Cambridge) so initially I was thinking I'd only come up if we got the Sunday fixture. Then I thought well, actually if it's a 3pm Saturday kick off I can get an early train straight to Glasgow. And now it's a 12.15 Saturday kick off, my thoughts are f*** it, I'm driving up through the night :D

I am already so excited :flag:

Dinkydoo
13-03-2012, 06:48 AM
Me plus 2 others are going. Train from Dumfries to Glasgow Central at 08:57, beer will need to be bought the night before and up at 7 o'clock on a bloody Saturday but it will be well worth it.

GGTTH!

HH81
13-03-2012, 06:59 AM
Me plus 2 others are going. Train from Dumfries to Glasgow Central at 08:57, beer will need to be bought the night before and up at 7 o'clock on a bloody Saturday but it will be well worth it.

GGTTH!

7 O'Clock :cb you lucky git. My train leaves at 7am and I have to be up around 5am...... Will be worth it though :agree::partyhibb:partyhibb

ALF TUPPER
13-03-2012, 07:10 AM
I'll be there. 20 minutes along the road. Ooooooft!
Bring it on !

The Sea-gull
13-03-2012, 08:28 AM
Why do you get embarrassed by the Hibs support in 2006 at Hampden? They had gaps and unsold tickets. So did we. They sold marginally more than us. Whoopy do.

For a ridiculous time our support of around 17,000 IIRC was respectable.

They didn't sell marginally more than us. They sold 6 or 7k more than us and the "gaps" in their end were nowhere near as visible as ours. I was annoyed that day as the kick off time and location were the same for both teams and though in terms of home attendance Hearts have generally attracted a wee bit more fans than us to their home games (currently we have slipped as far behind them in home gates as I can remember), there is not much in it between the two teams in terms of support, certainly not the way it ended up looking that day.

I was shocked by the spaces in the Hibs end that day and from my unfortunate position (right next to the Yams) I could see they were surprised too until they started laughing and singing songs about it. It definitely gave their fans a lift that day and ultimately their players too.

Not the reason we lost and lost so heavilly but definitely a contributing factor to the way it all went.

I just don't want the same thing to happen again and that is why I really hope every Hibs fan who can afford to go and reasonably get there for that time, does go.

Leithenhibby
13-03-2012, 08:36 AM
I have to work until 10pm the night before (and live in Cambridge) so initially I was thinking I'd only come up if we got the Sunday fixture. Then I thought well, actually if it's a 3pm Saturday kick off I can get an early train straight to Glasgow. And now it's a 12.15 Saturday kick off, my thoughts are f*** it, I'm driving up through the night :D

:top marks Good on you McHibby.... :aok:

Another 35k like this and we shall be laughing :wink:

H18sry
13-03-2012, 08:43 AM
People who go to the semi, should have priority after season ticket holders and members for the final :agree:

Wembley67
13-03-2012, 08:51 AM
Crikey even I'm going and I've not bothered my erse since the last game of the terracing...call me a glory hunter if you want but I couldnt give a toss, I've chucked more than enough money in to hibs going home and away for many seasons.

Dunno why I actually had to write that but really looking forward to the whole day out and catching up with old mates again :pfgwa

Leithenhibby
13-03-2012, 09:07 AM
Crikey even I'm going and I've not bothered my erse since the last game of the terracing...call me a glory hunter if you want but I couldnt give a toss, I've chucked more than enough money in to hibs going home and away for many seasons.

Dunno why I actually had to write that but really looking forward to the whole day out and catching up with old mates again :pfgwa

Is that not what it is all about. :wink:

Having a good day out with some well kent faces, and having a laugh. :greengrin

matty_f
13-03-2012, 09:12 AM
Is that not what it is all about. :wink:

Having a good day out with some well kent faces, and having a laugh. :greengrin

...and roaring the Hibees into the final :thumbsup:

stirwill
13-03-2012, 09:18 AM
I'm coming from Fremantle in West Aussie to make this game, so if I can make everyone can!!!!.(ok I'd pre-booked a family holiday but it sounds better that I'm coming over for the game). Coming back again for the final may be divorce material though.
Glory Glory

Joe Baker II
13-03-2012, 09:31 AM

I am still embarassed by the numbers at the 2006 semi v Hearts. Aberdeen will have a big noisy colourful support there, we need the same!

I did go to Hearts game (and DAFC replay in 2007 when clubs involved showed similar disregard for people who go to games) but on bothmthese occasions realised after was against my better judgement and I gave up my season ticket soon afterwards - only language clubs will listen too regarding kick off times is fans consciously withholding money on principle - the likes of Petrie do not care about embarassing crowds as they have made a conscious decision to prioritise those who want to watch on TV. Will be painul for me as normally never miss cup games and have been to all 3 games so far but no way I am going to semi final.

And stress am not glory hunting - semi finals at 1215 ruin the appeal of cup competition and I will not be going to final if we get there either.

hibs0666
13-03-2012, 09:37 AM
I'm coming from Fremantle in West Aussie to make this game, so if I can make everyone can!!!!.(ok I'd pre-booked a family holiday but it sounds better that I'm coming over for the game). Coming back again for the final may be divorce material though.
Glory Glory

But do you really really love her? :wink:

RIP
13-03-2012, 12:00 PM
I am still embarassed by the numbers at the 2006 semi v Hearts. They sold 6 or 7k more than us and the "gaps" in their end were nowhere near as visible as ours.

I was shocked by the spaces in the Hibs end that day and from my unfortunate position (right next to the Yams) I could see they were surprised too until they started laughing and singing songs about it. It definitely gave their fans a lift that day and ultimately their players too. Not the reason we lost and lost so heavilly but definitely a contributing factor to the way it all went.

Is this post for real?????? :confused:

If you remember the day so well how come you have completely blanked the reason why we didn't sell as many tickets as them. You must be about the only Hibby on the planet who has forgotten the shambles that was our Ticketing Arrangements back then.

Hearts could buy 4 each. We could only buy 1

Thankfully big Fife got that sorted pronto when he came in

I just don't want the same thing to happen again and that is why I really hope every Hibs fan who can afford to go and reasonably get there for that time, does go.

Noble sentiments but given the recent form of both teams and ticket sales since 2006, it's likely they will outsell us if we meet in the final.

But who gives a flying one about that? The size of our support is not important.

The volume is!! :flag:

Ross4356
13-03-2012, 12:54 PM
Semi finals at 1215 ruin the appeal of cup competition and I will not be going to final if we get there either.

Cutting your nose off to spite your face regarding the Semi imo but why are you not going to the 3pm kick off final exactly?

Dashing Bob S
13-03-2012, 01:11 PM
good post, but lets hope that lessons have been learnt re- ticket distribution for this one. the Gorgie mob let their fans buy group tickets, with no problems. HFC decided to allow 1 ticket per fan, if I recall, and this had a major effect on our numbers. why would they try to keep back tickets until the ST holders buy one each? we will have thoosands o' tickets. sell sell sell. forget this pish about ST holders only , for the first week. we need to fill our end.surely they are not going to use that auld data base crap for this one?

Yes, they *ucked up royally there. My crowd had around thirty names, and we'd designated about half-a-dozen people to go down and pick up the tickets. Then, because of all the hassle, people being out of town, working away etc, around 10 of the 30 didn't make the game. I agree: don't try to be all clever, just put the things on sale.

Franck is God
13-03-2012, 01:30 PM
Is this post for real?????? :confused:

If you remember the day so well how come you have completely blanked the reason why we didn't sell as many tickets as them. You must be about the only Hibby on the planet who has forgotten the shambles that was our Ticketing Arrangements back then.

Hearts could buy 4 each. We could only buy 1

Are you really saying that the reason that Hearts sold more tickets than us was because of the ticket selling arrangements?

So thousands of Hibs fans didn't go because they couldn't sit next to their friends, nothing to do with the fact that O'Connor had just left, Riordan got himself stupidly suspended for the semi and the we were missing over half the team through injury and more than likely were going to get beaten.

All I know is that I organised tickets for a group of eight, only three of us were season ticket holders and I had no issues at all and bearing in mind that up until the day before the game several thousand tickets were sitting at ER unsold there was no excuse to not support your team in one of the biggest matches in the clubs history.

The excuses that some people on this board roll out is ridiculous. I am not an uber fan and would never claim to be but in the last 25 years I have only once failed to get a ticket for a match I wanted to go to, it's really not that difficult, in fact it's never been easier to buy tickets than it is now.

The Sea-gull
13-03-2012, 02:11 PM
Are you really saying that the reason that Hearts sold more tickets than us was because of the ticket selling arrangements?

So thousands of Hibs fans didn't go because they couldn't sit next to their friends, nothing to do with the fact that O'Connor had just left, Riordan got himself stupidly suspended for the semi and the we were missing over half the team through injury and more than likely were going to get beaten.

All I know is that I organised tickets for a group of eight, only three of us were season ticket holders and I had no issues at all and bearing in mind that up until the day before the game several thousand tickets were sitting at ER unsold there was no excuse to not support your team in one of the biggest matches in the clubs history.

The excuses that some people on this board roll out is ridiculous. I am not an uber fan and would never claim to be but in the last 25 years I have only once failed to get a ticket for a match I wanted to go to, it's really not that difficult, in fact it's never been easier to buy tickets than it is now.

Great post. Agree with what you say 100%. The ticket arrangements may have been dodgy for that game (I don't remember having any problems other than having to queue at ER to pick them up though and in my party of eight, 6 of us sat down the front and two sat with each other further back) but they weren't so bad that folk couldn't have got one if they had really wanted to go.

Thos who didn't go ended up dodging a bullet though!

RIP
13-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Are you really saying that the reason that Hearts sold more tickets than us was because of the ticket selling arrangements?.

No - you are saying that.

What I and several others on this thread with better memories than the OP are recalling is the shambles of the ticketing arrangements for that game. It may not have been the sole cause of the difference in attendances between Hibs and Hearts but it sure was a major factor.

That thing you have thrown in there about sitting with friends is a deliberate red herring. That wasn't the main issue.

A
ll I know is that I organised tickets for a group of eight, only three of us were season ticket holders and I had no issues at all and bearing in mind that up until the day before the game several thousand tickets were sitting at ER unsold there was no excuse to not support your team in one of the biggest matches in the clubs history.

Now - Yes. Then - No

The blunder Hibs made was insisting all names had to be on the database. You could only purchase tickets for folk who were on Hibs radar. It was meant to be a method of ensuring security. It backfired badly and when we found out the Jambos could bulk buy without restrictions it was really embarassing that our club had got it so badly wrong. I could only buy tickets for my immediate family. The more distant relatives and people who worked on Saturday were stuffed IIRC.

This was discussed fully in the first round of supporters forums run a few years back. As I say Fife has installed a much better system now.

SunshineOnLeith
13-03-2012, 06:44 PM
Threads like this are daft.

Why does anyone need to have 'a valid reason' not to go to a game? The sentiment behind the OP is incredibly arrogant.

ginger_rice
13-03-2012, 06:49 PM
Anyone heard anything about when they go on sale?

stirwill
13-03-2012, 10:28 PM
But do you really really love her? :wink:

Depends on whether hibs make the final or not

The_Todd
13-03-2012, 10:51 PM
... If they'd hurry up and start selling them I'd buy one!

monktonharp
13-03-2012, 11:21 PM
... If they'd hurry up and start selling them I'd buy one!ST holder/ on the data base? 1man 1ticket remember, and we dont want groups of friends mates families or aquaintences sitting together. name address and national insurance numbers please, any recent illnesses, do you smoke , divorced etc.:cb

The_Todd
14-03-2012, 07:32 AM
ST holder/ on the data base? 1man 1ticket remember, and we dont want groups of friends mates families or aquaintences sitting together. name address and national insurance numbers please, any recent illnesses, do you smoke , divorced etc.:cb

And two references too?

SouthEnglandHib
14-03-2012, 11:26 AM

Look on National Express Coaches, they leave london around 11/11.30 and from Cambridge you can get a fast train straight into Kings Cross, £32 return i think i saw it for, if im going up, thats most likely what im doing!