PDA

View Full Version : Ref for the Derby

SouthMoroccoStu
12-03-2012, 02:12 PM
Is Craig Thomson....................

Don't shoot the messenger.

I can't believe this guy is allowed to take charge of the derby again. Shocking every time he's in charge.

SFA = joke.

hibbysam
12-03-2012, 02:16 PM
After his last two performances they gave him the Edinburgh derby? Suppose at least we know he can't get any worse!

PaulSmith
12-03-2012, 02:28 PM
Is Craig Thomson....................

Don't shoot the messenger.

I can't believe this guy is allowed to take charge of the derby again. Shocking every time he's in charge.

SFA = joke.

Who would you have gave it to?

SouthMoroccoStu
12-03-2012, 02:30 PM

Not a former Hearts season ticket holder anyway!!!

hibbysam
12-03-2012, 02:32 PM

Someone that hasn't gifted one team a first leg Europa league win by making three bad calls in a oner, first giving a foul for someone tripping themselves up, then sending the 'offender' off, then giving a penalty when it was outside the box, then giving Aberdeen a corner when a dons player passes the ball out of play, leading to the opening goal.. His punishment for these mistakes is the biggest spl game of the weekend.. He should be in the 2nd or 3rd division for it!!

Saorsa
12-03-2012, 02:35 PM
great :rolleyes: yam ref gets the derby again :bitchy:

matty_f
12-03-2012, 02:36 PM
Thomson gives us hee haw. Even less against them. Brutal appointment.

hibee62
12-03-2012, 02:36 PM
Not a former Hearts season ticket holder anyway!!!

Is that not Calum Murray, or was Thomson one too?

SouthMoroccoStu
12-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Is that not Calum Murray, or was Thomson one too?

Thomson is a yam too!

SFA = Edinburgh City Council in disguise

Hibs7
12-03-2012, 02:49 PM
Complain to the SPL quoting his last two games.

JimBHibees
12-03-2012, 03:03 PM
Didnt realise Thomson was from Edinburgh also, maybe explains a few decisions in previous derbies. :greengrin

SouthMoroccoStu
12-03-2012, 03:07 PM
Complain to the SPL quoting his last two games.

We shouldn't have too.

It should be plain to see that he can't be impartial in this fixture.

Referees should be made to declare which team they support and state if they can act without bias (i.e. the hearts fan judge in the Garry O'Connor court case)

If he says he can - fine. But if his integrity is called into question (one sided poor decisions, extreme lack of judgement etc)- demote him to under 5's Sunday leagues for all I care. MAKE THE REFS ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR PERFORMANCES.

That is how we will improve the standard of the men in the middle in Scotland.

JimBHibees
12-03-2012, 03:10 PM
Didnt realise Thomson was from Edinburgh also, maybe explains a few decisions in previous derbies. :greengrin

Compare and contrast the Brown trout sending off and the Tatooed weirdo from the pub team being yellow carded for a much worse challenge on Murray in a recent derby.

Hibs7
12-03-2012, 03:12 PM
As you say we shouldn't have to but the nuggets in Glasgow do not have the common sense required to keep things fair.

LeithBoozy
12-03-2012, 03:38 PM
We should do a Celtc and complain about things that adversly affect us, a lot more than we do. The last derby at ER, when the jambo was a mile offside standing on Stack's toes for one. It is unforgivable to have a former Hearts S/T HOLDER in charge of a derby, would they do it in an old-firm game?

hibsbollah
12-03-2012, 03:41 PM
It doesnt matter who the ref is, we'll turn them over on Sunday. Id prefer Thomson to Collum TBH, the worst ref around by far.

FromTheCapital
12-03-2012, 03:43 PM
Typical! Yam as ref...again! Get a ******g grip SFA! :brickwall

SouthMoroccoStu
12-03-2012, 03:55 PM
We should do a Celtc and complain about things that adversly affect us, a lot more than we do. The last derby at ER, when the jambo was a mile offside standing on Stack's toes for one. It is unforgivable to have a former Hearts S/T HOLDER in charge of a derby, would they do it in an old-firm game?

My thoughts exactly.

givescotlandfreedom
12-03-2012, 04:03 PM
The same referee that cheated us out of a draw in Aberdeen. Has previous with giving Dunfermline a penalty for nothing in the semi against us too.

PaulSmith
12-03-2012, 04:20 PM

He isn't and has never been a ST holder at Tynecastle.

Hibercelona
12-03-2012, 04:22 PM

You sure?

I thought he had openly admitted to it before.

HIBERNIAN-0762
12-03-2012, 04:34 PM
Just fired off an email of complaint about this to the SFA, I suggest we all do,

An absolute joke.

CropleyWasGod
12-03-2012, 04:38 PM
Dougie Macdonald anyone?

Cropley10
12-03-2012, 04:53 PM

Interesting.

Another question would be when did we last win a game he reffed.

Somebody mentioned that Callum Murray was in charge in the 81% game and we've not won a game he's done since then.

Bonkers.

Part/Time Supporter
12-03-2012, 04:56 PM
I think some people are mixing up Murray with Thomson.

Dinkydoo
12-03-2012, 05:14 PM
First the kick off time being changed from an already early KO and now this. Thank god I've not got Kung Fu tonight, someone might have died :greengrin:

Franck Stanton
12-03-2012, 05:47 PM

Correct, he is however a Hearts supporter and has shares in them. {His son went out with my daughter, so yes I do have "insider knowledge"}

PaulSmith
12-03-2012, 09:40 PM
Correct, he is however a Hearts supporter and has shares in them. {His son went out with my daughter, so yes I do have "insider knowledge"}

He's been a referee since 1997 and its against his SFA contract to hold shares in any club associated with the SFA.

Jonnyboy
12-03-2012, 09:47 PM
Dougie Macdonald anyone?

Indeed

Danderhall Hibs
12-03-2012, 09:52 PM
He's been a referee since 1997 and its against his SFA contract to hold shares in any club associated with the SFA.

Let's get the evidence that'll get him the sack then! Anyone got a daughter of the appropriate age that we can set up with his laddie and get photocopies of the share certificates?

Seriously though I don't know why we don't complain more about refs and that - when you put pressure on them they start giving you decisions, they're weak that way. We didn't/haven't kicked up enough fuss about the treatment O'Connor's been getting from them since we appealed their decision about the dive.

Moaning about refs has never done Sir Alex any harm, in fact the opposite as they're all **** scared to give anything against his team.

Danderhall Hibs
12-03-2012, 09:55 PM
Indeed

He rarely ever ref'd a Hibs game though. Did he ever do a derby? The only game I remember him getting (although I'm sure he did others) was the 2007 Cup Final, which I though was a strange one to give him! Still he didn't ref Hibs as often as Thomson refs Hibs.

hibbysam
12-03-2012, 11:02 PM
He rarely ever ref'd a Hibs game though. Did he ever do a derby? The only game I remember him getting (although I'm sure he did others) was the 2007 Cup Final, which I though was a strange one to give him! Still he didn't ref Hibs as often as Thomson refs Hibs.

He ref'd the David obua game where he gave us the softest of soft penalties for John rankin taking a dive..