PDA

View Full Version : Semi date confirmed - 12:15pm KO

JimBHibees
12-03-2012, 11:44 AM
Saturday 14th April at 12.45.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120312/semi-final-date-confirmed_2262950_2654310

jaf
12-03-2012, 11:49 AM

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120312/semi-final-date-confirmed_2262950_2654310

My birthday :wink:. Just the job.

Hermit Crab
12-03-2012, 11:49 AM
Live on sky and the bbc. 12:45 is a pash time to kick off. Poor attendance me thinks.

JimBHibees
12-03-2012, 11:50 AM
Live on sky and the bbc. 12:45 is a pash time to kick off. Poor attendance me thinks.

Strange one being live on both.

Sprouleflyer
12-03-2012, 11:52 AM

Tv is killing our game, a day out for the fans pretty much ruined, a 3pm sat or sun kick off could have seen a very decent crowd turn up at hampden!

Taz_hibee
12-03-2012, 11:53 AM

Why can we not just get a 3 pm kick off, hate early times in the weeg

Beefster
12-03-2012, 11:53 AM
****ty ko time for the Aberdeen fans but makes hee haw difference to me getting there.

legends of 73
12-03-2012, 11:54 AM
delighted its on sky on holiday so will be able to see it was getting worried it was going to be on the bbc:hibees:pfgwa:flag::flag::flag:

JimBHibees
12-03-2012, 11:55 AM

Because tv are deciding when and where. Only good thing is at least pubs will be open at 11 on a Saturday while none would be open on the Sunday if the same time kick off.

Andy74
12-03-2012, 11:55 AM

I don't think a couple of hours earlier on a Saturday should make too many odds to the attendance. What is it that would stop large number of people being there for that time?

SneakersO'Toole
12-03-2012, 11:56 AM
Police will have had a say in this also. They will know fine well the potential for trouble in this game.

Still hugely disappointing but no surprise.

JimBHibees
12-03-2012, 11:57 AM

Hear what you are saying as it will definitely affect the crowds however it was always going to be live on tv.

GreenCastle
12-03-2012, 11:59 AM
Would rather have the Saturday game then Sunday game - less pressure as we won't know who the winners will play.

Sky and BBC live is strange - when was the last time a game was live on 2 channels at the same time ?

Can't wait - it's been too long away from Hampden!

JimBHibees
12-03-2012, 11:59 AM
I don't think a couple of hours earlier on a Saturday should make too many odds to the attendance. What is it that would stop large number of people being there for that time?

One thing I could think of was kids football in the mornings.

Hermit Crab
12-03-2012, 12:00 PM

The fact that it's on bbc and sky, so every pub will be showing it. Also it means a very early start for sheep fans. I reckon 18-20k max at thae game.

silverhibee
12-03-2012, 12:00 PM
]Tv is killing our game[/B], a day out for the fans pretty much ruined, a 3pm sat or sun kick off could have seen a very decent crowd turn up at hampden!

Sure is, 3 o'clock kick off would have seen this game sell out no problem at all, now can only see about 30,000 at the game.

Andy74
12-03-2012, 12:02 PM
The fact that it's on bbc and sky, so every pub will be showing it. Also it means a very early start for sheep fans. I reckon 18-20k max at thae game.

Anyone who can get there but wants to watch this sort of game on the TV is weclome to stay away. Most semis and finals are televised though so I don't think that should be an issue.

I'm more intereted in why there is always an automatic response to an earlier kick off time. On what actual grounds would that have any effect on people getting there?

Andy74
12-03-2012, 12:03 PM
Sure is, 3 o'clock kick off would have seen this game sell out no problem at all, now can only see about 30,000 at the game.

Can you talk me through the difference then as you see it??

flash
12-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Is it any wonder more people don't attend when all they can read on here is punters moaning about TV, kick off times, weather, star alignment etc.

Why don't we all try to talk the game up for a change?

Andy74
12-03-2012, 12:07 PM
Is it any wonder more people don't attend when all they can read on here is punters moaning about TV, kick off times, weather, star alignment etc.

Yep. Ready made excuse with no real basis.

I wonder who guys get from the likes of Manchester and Liverpool to Wembley?

Could it be they embrace the day and get going whenever they need to??

blackpoolhibs
12-03-2012, 12:09 PM
Just booked the train, very cheap returns at the moment. £17 return. :thumbsup:

Albanian Hibs

:agree: exactly. It's a semi-final of the Scottish Cup for ****'s sake

DC_Hibs
Surely its only the mentally challenged that will be unhappy with this news as every other cant would have known it was going to be an early kick off on the Saturday or Sunday.

I did a 500km away day for a league game in Germany yesterday so I wont be losing any sleep for ra sheep.

Bring it on.......

Spike Mandela

I take it you don't go to the pub pre match Andy. We usually book in to a local bowling club and the pre match build up is brilliant. Aberdeen fans will have to leave at ridiculous times to get to any pre arranged watering hole.

Yet again everything is set up for armchair supporters most of whom don't even support Hibs. Another day out ruined by authorities with supporters very much last on the list of priorities.

SteveHFC
12-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Happy with the game being on the Saturday :)

Dinkydoo
12-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Quite an early start for me.

I'm still going though. :greengrin

bingo70
I would rather it kicked off at 3 but I'm not really that arsed, don't really understand why it would stop folk going, in fact I'm pretty sure it won't effect the crowd at all.

Looking at Saturday and how pished people got, myself included, its maybe not a bad idea making it an earlier kick off

Antifa Hibs
Good stuff. Boozers are allowed to open at 9am (some 6am) so still get a bevvy, same with social clubs etc.

When TV has been dictating kick-off times for about 20 years now I do find it hillarious people still expect semi finals, finals, Derbies, Old firm games etc to kick off at 3pm on a Saturday.

A team in Germany (Dresden I think) took about 8000 fans to Dortmund for a German league cup match on a school night, thats a 1000 KM+ round trip. I'm sure we can manage 50 miles along the road on a Saturday afternoon...

H18sry
What end will we get?

Keith_M
According to Google, Pittodie Stadium to Hampden is a 3 hour drive. Half an hour for a refreshemnt break en-route bumps it up to 3.5 hours.

Leave at 8AM, get to stadium at 11:30.

45 minutes for a refreshment, 15 minute walk to stadium (max) and you're in the ground at 12:30.

Problem? :confused:

Nobody asked me to live in Munich, so I accept it'll take me 8 hours to get to the game, need an overnight stay, and 8 hours back.

Nobody forced the sheepies to live in Aberdeen... :wink:

jgl07
12-03-2012, 12:15 PM

The link tells you nothing other that:

"Coming Soon...

This new section will appear shortly. Please check back later."

What a useless website!

GreenCastle
12-03-2012, 12:15 PM
I would be expecting at least 17,000 to 20,000 Hibs fans there for this :agree:

Surely we have to have more fans there than the dons.

I know many have stopped going recently but hopefully those who have come back and support the team and get us to a final and possibly Europe!

Spike Mandela
12-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Good stuff. Boozers are allowed to open at 9am (some 6am) so still get a bevvy, same with social clubs etc.

When TV has been dictating kick-off times for about 20 years now I do find it hillarious people still expect semi finals, finals, Derbies, Old firm games etc to kick off at 3pm on a Saturday.

A team in Germany (Dresden I think) took about 8000 fans to Dortmund for a German league cup match on a school night, thats a 1000 KM+ round trip. I'm sure we can manage 50 miles along the road on a Saturday afternoon...

The vast majority of pubs won't be open till 11o'clock. Hope you are right about bowling clubs.:greengrin

LancashireHibby
12-03-2012, 12:17 PM

Link not working now, have they jumped the gun? :confused:

Keith_M

Be fair, that's only 600 miles :wink:

Plus there's thousands of thae Ossis living in the West, (I should know, there's one in ma hoose) so they most probably didn't travel at all. :greengrin

Spike Mandela
I would be expecting at least 17,000 to 20,000 Hibs fans there for this :agree:

Surely we have to have more fans there than the dons.

I know many have stopped going recently but hopefully those who have come back and support the team and get us to a final and possibly Europe!

I reckon there will be less tha 25000 at game in total.

flash
12-03-2012, 12:18 PM
I take it you don't go to the pub pre match Andy. We usually book in to a local bowling club and the pre match build up is brilliant. Aberdeen fans will have to leave at ridiculous times to get to any pre arranged watering hole.

Yet again everything is set up for armchair supporters most of whom don't even support Hibs. Another day out ruined by authorities with supporters very much last on the list of priorities.

To be honest, and this isn't aimed at you Spike, if the earlier kick off means we don't get people falling over drunk and looking to fight their own fans then it's a result in my eyes.

Be back in Edinburgh by the back of 4 for a bevvy.

blackpoolhibs
12-03-2012, 12:18 PM
According to Google, Pittodie Stadium to Hampden is a 3 hour drive. Half an hour for a refreshemnt break en-route bumps it up to 3.5 hours.

45 minutes for a rereshment, 15 minute walk to stadium (max) and you're in the ground at 12:30.

Nobody asked me to live in Munich, so I accept it'll take me 8 hours to get to the game, need an overnight stay, and 8 hours back.

Nobody forced me to live in Blackpool either, but sometimes its just impossible to get up the road and back without staying over with the train times as they are. League games getting moved at the drop of a hat, then moved again after folk have booked transport.

The fans are the last person considered at times imo.

Cup semi's are different though, and really should be a priority for supporters whatever date and time they are.

Onion
12-03-2012, 12:19 PM
The link tells you nothing other that:

"Coming Soon...

This new section will appear shortly. Please check back later."

What a useless website!

Sat at 3 would have been ideal, but won't grumble about an early KO. We're off to Hampden! Crowd will be down by quite a few thou because of TV but the main ubersupporters will be there. The prize could be huge !

Pretty Boy
12-03-2012, 12:21 PM
Just booked a hotel in Glasgow for the Friday.

Night out in Glasgow, to the game then home on the train.

Just hope there's no more pissing about with the date/kick off time.

Keith_M
12-03-2012, 12:21 PM
Nobody forced me to live in Blackpool either, but sometimes its just impossible to get up the road and back without staying over with the train times as they are. League games getting moved at the drop of a hat, then moved again after folk have booked transport.

Cup semi's are different though, and really should be a priority for supporters whatever date and time they are.

:agree:

Totally agree with your first point as well. It's rubbish having the KO times all moved regularly. Did you have to give up your ST? It must be a nightmare, especially if you have to book trains, etc, in advance then they go and move the KO time.

Mikey
12-03-2012, 12:22 PM
The game doesn't have to be poorly attended. Just get off your arse and go.

Easy peasy.

*with the usual "if you can afford it" disclaimer :greengrin

LancashireHibby
12-03-2012, 12:22 PM

12.45 on a Sunday would be a stinker but at least 12.45 on a Saturday means you can still travel on the day and get home at a decent hour. if the kick off time is correct...?

Keith_M
12-03-2012, 12:24 PM
12.45 on a Sunday would be a stinker but at least 12.45 on a Saturday means you can still travel on the day and get home at a decent hour. if the kick off time is correct...?

You lot taking a bus up?

MCameron
12-03-2012, 12:24 PM
I take it you don't go to the pub pre match Andy. We usually book in to a local bowling club and the pre match build up is brilliant. .

Agree that the pre-match build up is great but ffs we should all be grateful we're getting the opportunity to go to Hampden at all (thin back only a couple of months and nobody would have predicted this).

It does mean there'll be an extra few hours after (we win) to enjoy a juice:greengrin Surely the Scottish addiction to the bevvy shouldn't detract from what should be a magic day and a real chance for the fans to get behind the team in numbers.

Spike Mandela
12-03-2012, 12:26 PM
To be honest, and this isn't aimed at you Spike, if the earlier kick off means we don't get people falling over drunk and looking to fight their own fans then it's a result in my eyes.

Not everyone gets oot their nut pre match but doesn't stop people enjoying the atmosphere in the pubs and clubs before a game. In my experience early kick offs suffer from lower crowds and lack of atmosphere.

The nutters that get blazing drunk will still manage it if they want to.

Hermit Crab
12-03-2012, 12:26 PM

If the games done in 90 minutes, does it not go directly to extra time and pens if required instead of a replay??

Mikey
12-03-2012, 12:27 PM
If the games done in 90 minutes, does it not go directly to extra time and pens if required instead of a replay??

Yep, ET and pens I believe.

PeterboroHibee
12-03-2012, 12:28 PM
Cant believe people are moaning about this. Its 12:45, still time to go to the pub and given how crap weve been in the cups in the last few years (and the SC in general), its a great opportunity. Regardless of the time, we need a good support and people need to turn up and not go to the pub to watch it.

Gatecrasher
12-03-2012, 12:28 PM

I think its a replay, i am getting horrid flashbacks to a Dunfermline replay in 07, unless the rules have changed...

flash
12-03-2012, 12:29 PM

To be honest i don't know.

Keith_M
12-03-2012, 12:29 PM
I think its a replay, i am getting horrid flashbacks to a Dunfermline replay in 07

Dont! I've only just erased that from my memory!!!!

LancashireHibby
12-03-2012, 12:30 PM
You lot taking a bus up?
It has been suggested but I'm leaning towards getting the train up, don't lose any travelling time when having a slash then (plus we won't get lifted for having a beer!)

I'm under the impression it's extra time and penalties if necessary by the way.

Hermit Crab
12-03-2012, 12:31 PM
I'm sure we were the last team to go to a reply before it changed to finish on the day due to fixture back logs. Or am I totally mistaken ??

.Sean.
Not ideal, but I'm sure plenty will see this as the perfect excuse for staying away.

blackpoolhibs

Totally agree with your first point as well. It's rubbish having the KO times all moved regularly. Did you have to give up your ST? It must be a nightmare, especially if you have to book trains, etc, in advance then they go and move the KO time.

I kept up with the season ticket, but wont be getting one next season. It just really is not worth it anymore, i will save a packet by paying at the gate.

SouthEnglandHib
12-03-2012, 12:36 PM
Kick off time doesn't bother me, either way I leave London at 11pm friday and arrive saturday 8am!

Hermit Crab
12-03-2012, 12:38 PM
Getting the sleeper train? Or bus?? Couldn't do the bus :(

hibbysam
12-03-2012, 12:38 PM
I think its a replay, i am getting horrid flashbacks to a Dunfermline replay in 07, unless the rules have changed...

It got changed the following year because of our game, it was tht much of a joke seeing 8000 fans inside hampden for the replay that it was scrapped and all finished on the day.

Gatecrasher
12-03-2012, 12:43 PM
It got changed the following year because of our game, it was tht much of a joke seeing 8000 fans inside hampden for the replay that it was scrapped and all finished on the day.

Thanks, I had a feeling it might have changed and a sensible decision by the SFA/SFL/SPL (or who ever runs the bloody thing)

GlesgaeHibby
12-03-2012, 12:44 PM

Horrid horrid night at Hampden!

MB62
12-03-2012, 12:46 PM
The vast majority of pubs won't be open till 11o'clock. Hope you are right about bowling clubs.:greengrin

Anyone who can get there but wants to watch this sort of game on the TV is weclome to stay away. Most semis and finals are televised though so I don't think that should be an issue.

I'm more intereted in why there is always an automatic response to an earlier kick off time. On what actual grounds would that have any effect on people getting there?

Just to point out that this will be 'Opening Day' for the 2012 bowling season for clubs around the country.I know bowling is nowhere near as popular, unfortunately, as it used to be, but there are still hundreds of clubs around Edinburgh and surrounding areas and a lot of folk like attending their Opening Day. With a 3.00pm kick off, people would have probably had to choose between Hampden and Bowling (whether you like it or not, this would amount to many hundreds if not more) but with a 12.45pm kick-off, people can watch the game on T.V. then go along to their Opening Day.

Just one reason as asked.

JimBHibees
12-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Link not working now, have they jumped the gun? :confused:

Seems odd it was definitely up earlier. Only mentuioned the kick off time and date and also that it would be live on BBC and Sky.

scoopyboy
12-03-2012, 12:48 PM
I'm sure we were the last team to go to a reply before it changed to finish on the day due to fixture back logs. Or am I totally mistaken ??

You are 100% correct.

We are the last team ever to lose a Scottish Cup semi final replay......................well unless they change it back.

DaveF
12-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Happy it's the saturday rather than the sunday.

A few wee drinks before and out on the town after.

Sorted. C'mon the Hibs :greengrin

Twa Cairpets
12-03-2012, 12:51 PM
The only valid reason posted for not going so far has been the kids football one, and I think this will result in some kids (and possibly parents) missing the game. I've got a free weekend that week with my team (at the moment anyway), but I'd hate making the choice of taking my team & watching my kid or going to Hampden (Hampden would win btw, I'm a bad parent)

To bleat about missing a couple of hours drinking time is pretty lame - if anyone decides not to go because the ko means they miss a couple of hours in the boozer they should have a serious word with themselves.

The bitching is valid though about when the game is. Aberdeen fans are faced with a very early start, and as I said when it was Ross County in the semis, a midday kick off for a showcase game when there is significant travelling is completely unfair to the punters. The assumption that football as a whole makes that the fans will just take it is both sadly correct and infuriating. I think the SFA are not as bad as painted, but this kow-towing to TV by them and the SPL is a much bigger danger to the game than the explosion of DerHun.

'Mon the Hibs.

JimBHibees
12-03-2012, 12:52 PM
What end will we get?

Same end as the CIS final would be my guess as that was also how they split the last time we played Dons in a semi final.

Hibbylad86
12-03-2012, 12:52 PM
Just to point out that this will be 'Opening Day' for the 2012 bowling season for clubs around the country.I know bowling is nowhere near as popular, unfortunately, as it used to be, but there are still hundreds of clubs around Edinburgh and surrounding areas and a lot of folk like attending their Opening Day. With a 3.00pm kick off, people would have probably had to choose between Hampden and Bowling (whether you like it or not, this would amount to many hundreds if not more) but with a 12.45pm kick-off, people can watch the game on T.V. then go along to their Opening Day.

Just one reason as asked.

Happy with 12:45. Just get to see pumping of the sheep earlier in the day :wink:. Delighted its no a Sunday so I dont have to take the Monday off as a holiday. Its a semi final day out and we will take between 15000-20000 to the game.

p.s. Bowling is the sport of Gods!http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/not%20worthy.gif I will gladly miss my opening day for the semi final

scoopyboy
12-03-2012, 12:53 PM
Not ideal, but I'm sure plenty will see this as the perfect excuse for staying away.

East Lothian Hibs will be there in force mate.

Wonder how long it will take before someone gives us the old I would rather have lost to Ayr if I had known the semi was going to start at that time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FWIW although we are all in favour of a 3pm ko there aren't many so far (if any) who have said they won't go because of it.

Newry Hibs
12-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Re - TV reducing the crowd.
Wasn't Dundee U in 2005 on a Saturday @ 3pm without any telly? I can remember getting the scores via Super Saurday and my young children learning some very harsh words that wouldn't get by the swear filter.

A look on Wiki gives the attendance as 27k.

Hopefully we'll see in the next 3 years - what with RFC going bust and there being no TV contract. :greengrin

SneakersO'Toole
12-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Its the Scottish Cup semi final FFS. Something we haven't been part of for 5 YEARS!!!

The KO could be 3am on a Sunday morning prior to starting work at 6am and I would still go.

Complaining about the TV companies and the rubbish KO's time yet staying away and watching it in the pub is hypocrisy of the highest degree. Get yourself a ticket for the match and get behind the club.

Nakedmanoncrack
12-03-2012, 12:58 PM
3.00 would have been better but I'm happy with it being the Sat, so no complaints. Will cut down the crowd a bit; people dont like early KOs, who cares though? Expect a crowd of c.25,000.

Beefster
12-03-2012, 12:58 PM
Complaining about the TV companies and the rubbish KO's time yet staying away and watching it in the pub is hypocrisy of the highest degree.

Absolutely.

Andy74
12-03-2012, 01:01 PM

Yes I do. Get booked in somewhere by about 9.30 and get on with it!

Still, not getting a drink shouldn't stop people attending the game surely? I understand the day out element but it is a semi final of the Scottish Cup.

scoopyboy
12-03-2012, 01:02 PM
Nothing on BBC or SFA websites about semi dates and times.

If Sky and BBC are covering us v sheep then does that mean the Celtic semi isn't being shown - I would find that really strange.

LancashireHibby
12-03-2012, 01:04 PM

If Sky and BBC are covering us v sheep then does that mean the Celtic semi isn't being shown - I would find that really strange.

According to this (http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12942,00.html) Sky will be showing both semi finals, and looking at the two potential dates I think we'll definitely have the better deal if it's the Saturday!

zlatan
12-03-2012, 01:08 PM
The information is still on the Hibs twitter page

Purple & Green
12-03-2012, 01:11 PM

I've seen advanced schedules with sky covering both games.

JimBHibees
12-03-2012, 01:13 PM
The only valid reason posted for not going so far has been the kids football one, and I think this will result in some kids (and possibly parents) missing the game. I've got a free weekend that week with my team (at the moment anyway), but I'd hate making the choice of taking my team & watching my kid or going to Hampden (Hampden would win btw, I'm a bad parent)

Yep same with the team my son plays in and I coach. The West Lothian seven a sides teams have that date as a free week as it is in the Easter holidays however wouldnt know about other areas.

Billy Whizz
12-03-2012, 01:16 PM
The information is still on the Hibs twitter page

But not the Hibs official page

The_Todd
12-03-2012, 01:20 PM
Respectfully, anyone who needs time to decide between seeing Hibs at Hampden in a SC semi and "a bevvy" and then picks "the bevvy" either doesn't really care about Hibs or needs to speak to the AA. Urgently.

Albion Hibs
12-03-2012, 01:27 PM
If people dont want to go to the game they wont, fact is there is always an excuse. 24 hours ago I was pretty sure we would have got the sunday slot, we dont so I am delighted with that. The game is on 2 hours before the so called "ideal time" in which we could sell the stadium 4 times over, so what.

There seems to be an awful lot of "what about the aberdeen fan" chat, who cares? the less of them that turn up the better. And in any event a little ironic that we are worrying about there attendance!! They did pretty well yesterday, could not have seen us doing that on a Sunday when the game was on TV.

Saturday 12:45 works perfect for me. Fingers crossed more time on the lash after the game celebrating.

Spike Mandela
12-03-2012, 01:28 PM
Respectfully, anyone who needs time to decide between seeing Hibs at Hampden in a SC semi and "a bevvy" and then picks "the bevvy" either doesn't really care about Hibs or needs to speak to the AA. Urgently.

Here we go, anybody who likes going to the pub before the game is an 'alky':rolleyes:

If I only went to the games for the football I would have gave up years ago. I like the football but the only reason I have attended ER religiously for the last 20 years or so is because of the pre match drinks and laughs with friends as much as wanting to see the game.

Not saying early KO will stop me going but it definitely dilutes the Semi Final experience.

blackpoolhibs
12-03-2012, 01:29 PM
If its changed i wont be a happyhibbie :faf: Train tickets booked on the strength of their statement on the official site.

And this is still on the Hibs twitter site.

Hibernian FC ‏ @HibernianFCClub Close
BREAKING NEWS: Hibernian's Scottish Cup semi-final against Aberdeen will take place on Saturday 14 April, kick off 12.45pm

jgl07
12-03-2012, 01:32 PM
But not the Hibs official page

More to the point is that it WAS on the Official Website and has been removed.

That suggests that things are not entirely sorted as yet. Anyone making transport or accommodation plans is advised to hang on until things are firmed up.

Beefster
12-03-2012, 01:36 PM
Here we go, anybody who likes going to the pub before the game is an 'alky':rolleyes:

That's not even close to what was said.

Pretty Boy
If people dont want to go to the game they wont, fact is there is always an excuse. 24 hours ago I was pretty sure we would have got the sunday slot, we dont so I am delighted with that. The game is on 2 hours before the so called "ideal time" in which we could sell the stadium 4 times over, so what.

There seems to be an awful lot of "what about the aberdeen fan" chat, who cares? the less of them that turn up the better. And in any event a little ironic that we are worrying about there attendance!! They did pretty well yesterday, could not have seen us doing that on a Sunday when the game was on TV.

Saturday 12:45 works perfect for me. Fingers crossed more time on the lash after the game celebrating.

Exactly.

I like a drink as much as anyone hence I'm going through to Glasgow the night before for a few and I'll make time for a few after the game as well.

There's no way in hell not getting a drink before the game would mean missing our first semi final in 5 years.

hibs0666

I think the kick-off time gives some Hibbys an excuse, but not a reason, for being there. The date is far enough away to make the necessary arrangements and people can be away from Edinburgh as late as 11 and still easily make the kick-off.

legends of 73
12-03-2012, 01:37 PM
stv news reporting a 12.45 kick off -

The order of this season's Scottish Cup semi-finals has been announced, with games taking place on both Saturday and Sunday at Hampden.

Aberdeen's tie with Hibernian will be up first at the national stadium on Saturday, April 14 with a 12.45pm kick off.

Celtic's match against Hearts or St Mirren will follow the next day on April 15, with the kick-off time yet to be announced.

The replay between Hearts and St Mirren will take place in Paisley on Wednesday, March 21 at 7.45pm

LancashireHibby
12-03-2012, 01:37 PM
More to the point is that it WAS on the Official Website and has been removed.

That suggests that things are not entirely sorted as yet. Anyone making transport or accommodation plans is advised to hang on until things are firmed up.
That's exactly why I'm hanging on booking trains for the time being, just to be on the safe side.

blackpoolhibs
12-03-2012, 01:38 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/aberdeen/300403-dates-set-for-scottish-cup-semi-finals/

Dashing Bob S
12-03-2012, 01:39 PM
Just booked a hotel in Glasgow for the Friday.

Night out in Glasgow, to the game then home on the train.

Just hope there's no more pissing about with the date/kick off time.

That's way to go. Usually do that for Hampden games, it makes a great weekend of it.

marinello59
12-03-2012, 01:40 PM

It's hardly the wee small hours is it? Will two whole hours really deter that many people?

JimBHibees
12-03-2012, 01:43 PM
It's hardly the wee small hours is it? Will two whole hours really deter that many people?

There is also the fact that the new M74 extension makes Hampden a whole lot easier to get to by road.

Spike Mandela
12-03-2012, 01:48 PM
That's not even close to what was said.

Ok so anyone who chooses to watch game in pub is an alky. To be honest not quite sure who his comment was aimed at because I don't see anyone on thread suggesting they won't go.:confused:

Keith_M
12-03-2012, 01:52 PM
OK, I haven't read ANY comments so far saying "I'm no going cos it's 12:45", so could we possibly knock that on the head?

Jeezo, some times we just love wallowing in misery. What a bunch, we're in the Semi Final! :greengrin

Renfrew_Hibby
12-03-2012, 01:52 PM
I know Staurdays the better of the two days but I have a very important day at work then and i will miss the whole thing, I wont even be able to have a wee fly peek at the telly.
I'm totally gutted at having to miss the game, i feel sick just thinking about it. So for Hibs to reach the final will be even more sweeter for me and i would savour that day even more having missed out on the semi.
GGTTH

Dashing Bob S
12-03-2012, 01:58 PM
One of the great things about an early kick off is when you come outside the ground and head for the bar. You realize that its still daylight and you're rather drunk.

I shall check into Malmaison on Devonshire Gardens after a robust night of quaffing in my favorite Glasgow hostelries. A champers breakfast, with bloody mary's to follow, should set me up nicely for the game.

down-the-slope
12-03-2012, 02:03 PM
Would rather have the Saturday game then Sunday game - less pressure as we won't know who the winners will play.

Sky and BBC live is strange - when was the last time a game was live on 2 channels at the same time ?

Can't wait - it's been too long away from Hampden!

:agree: Exactly what I said yesterday...Saturday much better for me...Early is hardly a problem in a place thats only an hour away......Harsher on Dons fans...

Shame that TV was not announced until ticket selling ahd got under way.....If we cant sell 25,000 its very poor. Has pricing been announced yet...opportunity for family tickets etc...

I hope the club can make it clear that should we progress SF ticket holders are first in queue for final...no point in fans waiting for the final if a lack of support affects out chances of getting there....

GreenCastle
12-03-2012, 02:08 PM
:agree: Exactly what I said yesterday...Saturday much better for me...Early is hardly a problem in a place thats only an hour away......Harsher on Dons fans...

Shame that TV was not announced until ticket selling ahd got under way.....If we cant sell 25,000 its very poor. Has pricing been announced yet...opportunity for family tickets etc...

I hope the club can make it clear that should we progress SF ticket holders are first in queue for final...no point in fans waiting for the final if a lack of support affects out chances of getting there....

:agree: Also gives people time after the game to go out and enjoy their evening or drown their sorrows...then Sunday can rest up and see who wins the other semi final!

I do agree that people who buy for the semi should be given priority behind season ticket holders and club members IF we got to the final - no one can surely moan about that ?

JimBHibees
12-03-2012, 02:10 PM
:agree: Also gives people time after the game to go out and enjoy their evening or drown their sorrows...then Sunday can rest up and see who wins the other semi final!

I do agree that people who buy for the semi should be given priority behind season ticket holders and club members IF we got to the final - no one can surely moan about that ?

Not sure that will happen however if we get to the final then no doubt anyone that buys a new season ticket for next season would be able to get a final ticket.

silverhibee
12-03-2012, 02:14 PM
Can you talk me through the difference then as you see it??

My son just started a job in Ratho and he has to work weekends, 6 to 10 O'clock in the morning, that means i have to pick him up from his work drive back to Edinburgh so he can have a shower get dressed and then head to the game, Hampden is not the easiest place to get to on match day and with both sets of supporters coming in from the same place the traffic to the ground will be a nightmare, that's only part of my inconvenience for it being an early kick-off.

But we will still be going to support the team and cheer them on to a win if thats ok, would rather it was a 3 o'clock so it isn't a mad rush to the game.

_hucks_
12-03-2012, 02:21 PM
Grand National day, that. As a bookie working in Liverpool ill barely be able to even check on the scores. Hopefully some pleasent news after a hard days work though!

zlatan
12-03-2012, 02:26 PM
Grand National day, that. As a bookie working in Liverpool ill barely be able to even check on the scores. Hopefully some pleasent news after a hard days work though!

I'll be asking very politely about a split shift. I fear the worst.

jgl07
12-03-2012, 02:30 PM

It's about as plausible as the 'People will not go to the Semi-Final because they were only allowed to buy one ticket' that was trotted out for the Hearts semi-final.

Hibs and Aberdeen get crowds below 10,000 so it stands to sense that the 52,000 capacity of Hampden is not likely to be tested.

Renfrew_Hibby
12-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Manage a bookies so Grand National day is the one day i just have to be there. Normally would just work a wee half day then hot foot it along the M8 for a 3pm kick off at Easter Road but canny even do that.
I remember seening the Scottish Cup dates and thinking well we wont be there this year so no need to worry abou it... **** sake :(

HibbyAndy
12-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Need to ask for liou day from work otherwise i wont be going. Pretty simple really.

Andy74
12-03-2012, 03:15 PM
My son just started a job in Ratho and he has to work weekends, 6 to 10 O'clock in the morning, that means i have to pick him up from his work drive back to Edinburgh so he can have a shower get dressed and then head to the game, Hampden is not the easiest place to get to on match day and with both sets of supporters coming in from the same place the traffic to the ground will be a nightmare, that's only part of my inconvenience for it being an early kick-off.

But we will still be going to support the team and cheer them on to a win if thats ok, would rather it was a 3 o'clock so it isn't a mad rush to the game.

Your original post was this:

"Sure is, 3 o'clock kick off would have seen this game sell out no problem at all, now can only see about 30,000 at the game."

Does you son take 20,000 other Hibbies with him to his work? :greengrin

That's quite a specific issue which all sorts of people will obviously have their own version of, as they do every week regardless of time. I'm certain there will be a few that can now make it that work late afternoon as well.

woody47
12-03-2012, 03:18 PM
As much as I am always going to advocate games should be 3.00 pm on a Saturday, I think the only REAL reason for people having a moan about the early kick off is because it stops the amount of alchohol that some want to consume pre-game.

LancashireHibby
12-03-2012, 03:23 PM
Confirmed confirmation of the confirmation (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120312/semi-final-date-confirmed_2262950_2654310) - saturday, 12.45pm

Saorsa
12-03-2012, 03:26 PM
Confirmed confirmation of the confirmation (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120312/semi-final-date-confirmed_2262950_2654310) - saturday, 12.45pmThat's it confirmed then, cheers :aok:

PatHead
12-03-2012, 03:36 PM
Am I correct in thinking that the gate money for both games gets aggregated then split 4 ways (obviously after costs). If so could still be a good pay day for the Hibs which might offset some of the poor gates this season.

Mikey
12-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Am I correct in thinking that the gate money for both games gets aggregated then split 4 ways (obviously after costs). If so could still be a good pay day for the Hibs which might offset some of the poor gates this season.

Yep.

JimBHibees
12-03-2012, 03:44 PM

Pretty sure that is how it works.

blackpoolhibs
12-03-2012, 03:45 PM

:agree: Its money we dont budget for if my memory is correct, and should we reach the final it could make a huge difference to the finances for this season. :pray:

Andy74
12-03-2012, 03:47 PM

Yep. The overall average gate should be pretty good and it will go some way to making up for other losses this year.

I'm not sure its fully sunk in around here either that despite bobbing along in second bottom we could be one game away from Europe. That in itself would be a bit of a result seeing as most teams play all season to fight it out for those places.

A wee Euro trip is what it's all about for me!

Mikey
12-03-2012, 03:48 PM
:agree: Its money we dont budget for if my memory is correct, and should we reach the final it could make a huge difference to the finances for this season. :pray:

Indeed. Particularly if a season ticket for season 2012/13 also guarantees a final ticket :agree:

HibbyAndy
12-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Indeed. Particularly if a season ticket for season 2012/13 also guarantees a final ticket :agree:

That could an absolute cracking way to boost more ST sales through the door for next season.:agree:

And Aye Andy74, Spot on about the Europe bit mate .

blackpoolhibs
12-03-2012, 03:53 PM

Reaching the final would have a terrific knock on effect for this and next season, and Paddy Fenlon would be the benefactor of this. :pfgwa

zlatan
12-03-2012, 03:54 PM
That could an absolute cracking way to boost more ST sales through the door for next season.:agree:

And Aye Andy74, Spot on about the Europe bit mate .

We done that the last time we got to the cup final. It's how the old man and I got our tickets.

Andy74
12-03-2012, 03:57 PM
Reaching the final would have a terrific knock on effect for this and next season, and Paddy Fenlon would be the benefactor of this. :pfgwa

The budget bit certainly used to be correct - they budgeted for QF in both competitions previously.

That said we probably did budget for more of an average crowd this season and probably didn't expect to have to pay off most of last year's signings!

PatHead
12-03-2012, 04:00 PM
Indeed. Particularly if a season ticket for season 2012/13 also guarantees a final ticket :agree: Only problem is the special offer finishes on 6 April, decisions, decisions eh.........

killie-hibby
12-03-2012, 04:02 PM
As much as I am always going to advocate games should be 3.00 pm on a Saturday, I think the only REAL reason for people having a moan about the early kick off is because it stops the amount of alchohol that some want to consume pre-game.

The only REAL reason for having a moan about any early KO is that greater preference and consideration is given to television viewers than that given to supporters who spend valuable time and hard earned cash supporting their team. In reality the clubs receive a pittance from Sky/ESPN/BBC which would be more than made up by increased gates if not televised. The SFA/SPL disregard the needs of supporters, but will grovel and surrender to the medias demands.
All matches should KO at 3pm on a Saturday.

mcvie7
12-03-2012, 04:06 PM
The only REAL reason for having a moan about any early KO is that greater preference and consideration is given to television viewers than that given to supporters who spend valuable time and hard earned cash supporting their team. In reality the clubs receive a pittance from Sky/ESPN/BBC which would be more than made up by increased gates if not televised. The SFA/SPL disregard the needs of supporters, but will grovel and surrender to the medias demands.

It must be an age thing because I prefer early Saturday KO . I don't see why attendances drop so much just because its at a different time and why people moan so much . OF attendances don't drop with change it KO times. I don't drink so I wonder if that is some peoples issue .

marinello59
12-03-2012, 04:07 PM

So people are only moaning because the game has been moved to accomodate TV so rather than go to the game they will protest by watching it on the TV. :greengrin

It's a couple of hours, no real inconvenience to the majority surely?

mcvie7
12-03-2012, 04:09 PM
So people are only moaning because the game has been moved to accomodate TV so rather than go to the game they will protest by watching it on the TV. :greengrin

Exactly :thumbsup:

jgl07
12-03-2012, 04:11 PM

When have Hibs sold 25,000 tickets for a semi-final especially at Hampden?

Hibs last Scottish Cup Semi-Final against Dunfermline produced a crowd of 25,336 and the replay 8,536.

I can recall that Hibs struggled to get 18,000 against Hearts in a total attendance of 43,180.

Against Dundee United the year before the total attendance was 27,271.

In 2001 against Livingston there were 24,658.

In 2000 against Aberdeen there was a crowd of 22,193.

In 1995 two matches against Celtic in the Semi-Final produced 40,950 and 32,410 at Ibrox.

Forget all this crap about 25,000, on past experience Hibs do well to come anywhere near 20,000 even with a successful team. Anything over 10,000 Hibs support will be doing very well.

Beefster
12-03-2012, 04:11 PM

Sky and the BBC would jump at the chance to show games at 3pm on a Saturday.

PatHead
12-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Is there a league programme for this weekend or is it the blank weekend after the split?

If so there is no reason they couldn't have had the game at 3.00pm and shown it live on the telly. Bet you folk would have said they couldn't go because of the National at 3.10 or whatever. (Bookies exempt from this excuse)

LancashireHibby
12-03-2012, 04:18 PM

Hibs last Scottish Cup Semi-Final against Dunfermline produced a crowd of 25,336 and the replay 8,536.

I can recall that Hibs struggled to get 18,000 against Hearts in a total attendance of 43,180.

In 1995 two matches against Celtic in the Semi-Final produced 40,950 and 32,410 at Ibrox.

Forget all this crap about 25,000, on past experience Hibs do well to come anywhere near 20,000 even with a successful team. Anything over 10,000 Hibs support will be doing very well.

Killjoy!
Think you're being a bit harsh on the figure for the Hearts game (although I wasn't there myself, but I recall the furore on here at the time about the tickets) and the Dundee United game must have been 21,000+ Hibs fans, if not more.

The way people are talking about this game (especially when bearing in mind it's derby week) that we should be taking a big following and certainly at least 15,000, if not a bit closer to 20,000.

number9dream
12-03-2012, 04:28 PM
Don't have time to wade through all posts but original message and STV are wrong. It's a 12.15 kick off.
Set that alarm half an hour earlier...

killie-hibby
12-03-2012, 04:28 PM

My point is that all early kick off,s are arranged to suit television viewers. Which means that supporters attending matches like myself come second to those who want to sit at home and more than likely have no afiliation to any club. I never suggested that people will protest by watching TV rather than go to the game.
Are you quite happy as a real supporter to have the needs and wants of television viewers given higher priority than those who are the lifeblood of football clubs.
I certainly am inconvenienced whenever a match kicks off early. I dont know if I am in the minority. I certainly know that I am considered a lesser person by the TV companies,the SFA and SPL.
I attend early KO's but am not happy about it.

zlatan
12-03-2012, 04:30 PM
Went to get myself a membership to get myself up the pecking order a wee bit. They've stopped them until the summer :grr:

killie-hibby
12-03-2012, 04:31 PM
Sky and the BBC would jump at the chance to show games at 3pm on a Saturday.

If we have to keep suffering live TV matches I hope their wish is granted. Whatever game is televised would not stop me from attending ER.

weonlywon6-2

if we continue to play well i believe hibs will take 15,000 plus to the game

dons have been playing well recently and have a large support out there.early kick off is awkward for them.

i say between 30-40 thousand

Yuillsy

It totally affects me and another 8 season tickets holders in my work. We work saturdays until 1pm and we could've made a 3pm kick off but there's obviously no chance we'll be there now.

TheEastTerrace
12-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Gutted! Have to work that day. :boo hoo:

Keith_M
12-03-2012, 04:35 PM
Killjoy!
Think you're being a bit harsh on the figure for the Hearts game (although I wasn't there myself, but I recall the furore on here at the time about the tickets) and the Dundee United game must have been 21,000+ Hibs fans, if not more.

The way people are talking about this game (especially when bearing in mind it's derby week) that we should be taking a big following and certainly at least 15,000, if not a bit closer to 20,000.

Due to the earlier kick off, I think Aberdeens support will be a bit smaller than ours. If Hibs have 15-18,000 and Aberdeen bring 10-12,000, I'd class that as doing reasonably well.

It's not a final, so 25-30,000 attendance would be OK. As stated already, the last semi we had against them brought in 22,000.

The other game obviously depends on who gets through from Hearts v St Mirren. If it's Hearts, the game could be close to selling out.

killie-hibby
12-03-2012, 04:38 PM
It must be an age thing because I prefer early Saturday KO . I don't see why attendances drop so much just because its at a different time and why people moan so much . OF attendances don't drop with change it KO times. I don't drink so I wonder if that is some peoples issue .

It might be an age thing,being used to since 1956 of watching matches at 3pm on Saturdays or 7.30pm on Wednesdays until Sky took an interest in football.

CallumLaidlaw
12-03-2012, 04:41 PM
BBC and STV Journos now saying the game is 12.15 kick off, saying earlier announcement is wrong

silverhibee
12-03-2012, 04:45 PM
Don't have time to wade through all posts but original message and STV are wrong. It's a 12.15 kick off.
Set that alarm half an hour earlier...

It has been confirmed as a 12.45 kick off on the Hibs Website.

You must be wrong with your information bud. :aok:

silverhibee
12-03-2012, 04:47 PM
BBC and STV Journos now saying the game is 12.15 kick off, saying earlier announcement is wrong

What a F***ing farce this is turning in to.

jgl07
12-03-2012, 04:50 PM
It has been confirmed as a 12.45 kick off on the Hibs Website.

You must be wrong with your information bud. :aok:

Nah.

Hibs website now says 12:15.

That must be why they pulled the earlier announcement.

johncrobertson@
12-03-2012, 04:57 PM
Sky and BBC showing the game live

marinello59
12-03-2012, 05:03 PM
My point is that all early kick off,s are arranged to suit television viewers. Which means that supporters attending matches like myself come second to those who want to sit at home and more than likely have no afiliation to any club. I never suggested that people will protest by watching TV rather than go to the game.
Are you quite happy as a real supporter to have the needs and wants of television viewers given higher priority than those who are the lifeblood of football clubs.
I certainly am inconvenienced whenever a match kicks off early. I dont know if I am in the minority. I certainly know that I am considered a lesser person by the TV companies,the SFA and SPL.
I attend early KO's but am not happy about it.

I never claimed I was a real fan. I might spend the day in front of the telly with a six pack of kestrel lager. (Kestrel Lager...it bites. It didn't!:greengrin)
I get what you are saying but I guess I am just so chuffed to be going to Hampden I am willing to overlook a few minor niggles for once.

DavieRoy
12-03-2012, 05:04 PM

Dunfermline in 2007, Sunday 3pm, not live on TV
Hearts in 2006, Sunday 12.15pm, live on Sky
Dundee United in 2005, Saturday 3pm, not live on TV
Livingston in 2001, Saturday 3pm, not live on TV
Aberdeen in 2000, Sunday 6.05pm, live on Sky
Celtic in 1995, Friday 7.30pm, live on Sky
Celtic replay in 1995, Tuesday 7.30pm, live on Sky

Just filling in the blanks.

The current deal the SFA has states that both Semi-Finals will be live on Sky, one which will be exclusive, the second pick is also live on BBC Scotland. That runs until 2014.

Don't forget the police in all of this. They are reluctant to have games late now. Between 1998-2002, the TV slots were either 6.05pm on Sunday or Saturday at 5.35pm, people moaned then, I think they were better times.

The police allowed Scotland games against Italy and France at 5.15pm in 2006 and 2007 but rarely allow it nowadays. Not all TV companies fault.

GreenCastle
12-03-2012, 05:04 PM
Could Hibs try something a little different to boost season ticket sales with tickets for this possible Europe ticket ?

Buy a semi final ticket -get 100 quid off a season ticket - could these boost numbers both ways ?

If we made it to the final - buy a new season ticket and guarantee a ticket for the final - this is after current season ticket holders and club members.

CropleyWasGod
12-03-2012, 05:06 PM
I never claimed I was a real fan. I might spend the day in front of the telly with a six pack of kestrel lager. (Kestrel Lager...it bites. It didn't!:greengrin)
I get what you are saying but I guess I am just so chuffed to be going to Hampden I am willing to overlook a few minor niggles for once.

Real fans would watch the game if it was played at 3 in the morning on the Moon.:stirrer:

blackpoolhibs
12-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Real fans would watch the game if it was played at 3 in the morning on the Moon.:stirrer:

Ah but would Barca fans do the same?

CropleyWasGod
12-03-2012, 05:10 PM
Ah but would Barca fans do the same?

:na na:

marinello59
12-03-2012, 05:12 PM

No wonder the atmosphere at Scottish matches is so poor, no way should we be playing on the moon. :grr:

CropleyWasGod
12-03-2012, 05:13 PM
No wonder the atmosphere at Scottish matches is so poor, no way should we be playing on the moon. :grr:

The lack of gravity might help Garry get off the ground. :devil:

marinello59
12-03-2012, 05:14 PM
The lack of gravity might help Garry get off the ground. :devil:

Or maybe not. Isn't it made of cheese?

CropleyWasGod
12-03-2012, 05:15 PM
Or maybe not. Isn't it made of cheese?

Baking powder, I think you'll find, officer.

Joe Baker II
12-03-2012, 05:15 PM

Precisely, I did go to Hearts semi final in 2006 but have had enough this time and will not be going - and if Hibs do not fight kick off time will probably clinch it for me in not renewing a full season ticket next year. Only language clubs like Hibs seem to understand is if people decide to withhold money from them. Emailing the club to this effect now.

silverhibee
12-03-2012, 05:16 PM

Do you have a devil dog by any chance. :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
12-03-2012, 05:16 PM
Precisely, I did go to Hearts semi final in 2006 but have had enough this time and will not be going - and if Hibs do not fight kick off time will probably clinch it for me in not renewing a full season ticket next year. Only language clubs like Hibs seem to understand is if people decide to withhold money from them. Emailing the club to this effect now.

If Hibs fight the kick-off time, won't the ultimate sanction be forfeiting the match?

Hibercelona
12-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Just shows how insignificant our game is when a TV company can't accommodate a 2 or 3pm semi-final KO time. :rolleyes:

Spike Mandela
12-03-2012, 05:18 PM
If KO time is so irrelavent why don't we try something really radical and have it at breakfast time. We could bill it as "the morning semi":greengrin

We could be home in time to catch Soccer AM:wink:

CropleyWasGod
12-03-2012, 05:18 PM
If KO time is so irrelavent why don't we try something really radical and have it at breakfast time. We could bill it as "the morning semi":greengrin

We could be home in time to catch Soccer AM:wink:

For some of us, Soccer AM and the morning semi happen at the same time.

.Sean.
12-03-2012, 05:20 PM
What time and days were the semi's in '06 and '07

Sure the Hearts game was a Sunday. The Dundee United semi in 2005 was a Saturday at 3 i'm sure?

Andy74
12-03-2012, 05:22 PM

Is there something that is making you miss it or do you just not like the time?

Still, punishing Hibs for getting to a semi and playing when they are told by not renewing your season ticket, that'll show them eh? Then you can complian about the lack of signings next year for good measure..

When you say 'clubs like Hibs' do you mean every team in Scottish football who would have played this game when they were told. Very much like Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts or St Mirren will be doing.

Good excuse for avoiding your season ticket though.

jgl07
12-03-2012, 05:33 PM
Just shows how insignificant our game is when a TV company can't accommodate a 2 or 3pm semi-final KO time. :rolleyes:

TV companies are not allowed to screen matches that clash with the traditional 3:00PM Saturday kick off.

That why they have to be 12:15 - 12:45 or 5:30 on Saturday.

Quite rightly so.

NorthNorfolkHFC
12-03-2012, 05:37 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/2s6pzde.jpg

Not sure Fyvie will make this semi!!! bad yin by the looks of things!!

jgl07
12-03-2012, 05:39 PM
What time and days were the semi's in '06 and '07

Sure the Hearts game was a Sunday. The Dundee United semi in 2005 was a Saturday at 3 i'm sure?

That was because it was not on TV.

silverhibee
12-03-2012, 05:39 PM
Is there something that is making you miss it or do you just not like the time?

Still, punishing Hibs for getting to a semi and playing when they are told by not renewing your season ticket, that'll show them eh? Then you can complian about the lack of signings next year for good measure..

You have to admit Andy that someone has made a ball's up of releasing the kick-off time and then changing it again to an earlier time.

Hope they let me and my son in at half time. :greengrin

3 o'clock Kick off may have seen close to a sell out.

12.45 Kick-off time, 30,000

!2.15 kick-off time, 20 to 25,000,

I wonder who has jumped the gun here, or are the SFA really that stupid that they gave the wrong time out, just waiting for the Official website to be up-dated around tea-time to say the game is now on the Sunday. :rolleyes:

DavieRoy
12-03-2012, 05:49 PM

UEFA blackout rules state no game can be shown between 2.45pm and 5.15pm on a Saturday in the UK unless it is an international or Cup Final.

Andy74
12-03-2012, 05:52 PM
You have to admit Andy that someone has made a ball's up of releasing the kick-off time and then changing it again to an earlier time.

I wonder who has jumped the gun here, or are the SFA really that stupid that they gave the wrong time out, just waiting for the Official website to be up-dated around tea-time to say the game is now on the Sunday. :rolleyes:

Yep, obviously daft getting the info wrong out.

I'm still not seeing how playing a game two hours early means 25,000 people will have to miss it though. Unless they want to.

Again, how do the like of Man U and Liverpool get themselves to Wembley in good time in numbers?

killie-hibby
12-03-2012, 06:05 PM

I'm chuffed as well,never thought we would get to a semi with the mess CC left .

scoopyboy
12-03-2012, 06:42 PM

Hibs have no say in the kick off time, a fact I'm sure you are aware of.

If you think playing at such a silly time is warranted in giving up your season ticket then that is your call to make.

My take on it is the more successful a club you are the more early kick offs you get, I think if you count it up you will find that.

If you play every game on a Saturday at 3pm then you aren't doing very well at all.

killie-hibby
12-03-2012, 06:50 PM
Hibs have no say in the kick off time, a fact I'm sure you are aware of.

If you think playing at such a silly time is warranted in giving up your season ticket then that is your call to make.

My take on it is the more successful a club you are the more early kick offs you get, I think if you count it up you will find that.

If you play every game on a Saturday at 3pm then you aren't doing very well at all.

Celtic/Rangers home games against the other 10 KO at 3pm. Last time I looked they were 1st and 2nd.

Beefster
12-03-2012, 07:31 PM
Celtic/Rangers home games against the other 10 KO at 3pm. Last time I looked they were 1st and 2nd.

Most of our home games are on a Saturday at 3pm, as are most of our away games. I suspect that you know exactly the point that scoopyboy was making though.

Nakedmanoncrack
12-03-2012, 07:56 PM

Certainly a balls up, but can't see it impacting on the crowd that much to be honest, a sell out was never a possibility, neither club have ever taken 25,000 to a semi-final in my life time, doubt if sheep have even had that at a final. I'd have preferred 3.00 Sat, and might have a bit of a moan about the early kick-off, but anyone who actually chooses not to go because they dont like the KO time probably won't be missed.

NAE NOOKIE
12-03-2012, 08:13 PM

To bleat about missing a couple of hours drinking time is pretty lame - if anyone decides not to go because the ko means they miss a couple of hours in the boozer they should have a serious word with themselves.

The bitching is valid though about when the game is. Aberdeen fans are faced with a very early start, and as I said when it was Ross County in the semis, a midday kick off for a showcase game when there is significant travelling is completely unfair to the punters. The assumption that football as a whole makes that the fans will just take it is both sadly correct and infuriating. I think the SFA are not as bad as painted, but this kow-towing to TV by them and the SPL is a much bigger danger to the game than the explosion of DerHun.

'Mon the Hibs.

For a lot of fans a few pints and a sing song pre match is all part of the experience, especially at big games, so why should that be knocked on the head just to satisfy the TV folk. I love that part of going to the football and I have never missed a game for the lack of it or because of it and this time will be no exception.

Your right, anybody who misses this because the pre match enjoyment has been spoiled aint a real fan. But why should they be put into that position in the first place .... Thats the point.

Dashing Bob S
12-03-2012, 08:22 PM
Certainly a balls up, but can't see it impacting on the crowd that much to be honest, a sell out was never a possibility, neither club have ever taken 25,000 to a semi-final in my life time, doubt if sheep have even had that at a final. I'd have preferred 3.00 Sat, and might have a bit of a moan about the early kick-off, but anyone who actually chooses not to go because they dont like the KO time probably won't be missed.

Aberdeen would take somewhere between 7-12 K to a semi, Hibs between 12-17 K.

Anything under 20K would be embarrassing, anything over 30K very good.

I expect 22,118

Hibs winning on a penalty shoot out after 2-2 draw and going on to face Hearts in the final who come through on penalties against Celtic after a 1-1 draw. The Hearts-Celtic crowd ill be a disappointing 33,735.

Hearts will immediately suggest the final should be be played at Muddyfield.

jgl07
12-03-2012, 08:45 PM

Utter delusion.

There is no way that any Hampden Semi-Final without either of the Old Firm will get a crowd greater than 30,000 (apart from a Hibs-Hearts match) whatever time it started. In most cases even Semi-Finals involving Rangers or Celtic often fail to attract 30,000. Looking at Semi-Finals in recent years and they range from 14,179 (Gretna v Dundee) to 32,431 (Rangers v St Mirren). Hibs at peak have attracted crowds of 25,000 to 26,000 but something less than that when they last played Aberdeen (22,193).

Hampden Park is way oversized for semi-finals and is in the wrong place and difficult to access even at 3:00PM.

I will be happy to get anything over 20,000. Aberdeen's fan base has eroded over the past five years. They no longer have the Scotland-wide following they had in the past.

I really can't see how a half hour delay in the kick-off time would attract an extra 5,000 to 10,000. As for another two and a quarter hours delay bringing an additional 20,000, I do not see it.

Nakedmanoncrack
12-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Utter delusion.

There is no way that any Hampden Semi-Final without either of the Old Firm will get a crowd greater than 30,000 (apart from a Hibs-Hearts match) whatever time it started. In most cases even Semi-Finals involving Rangers or Celtic often fail to attract 30,000. Looking at Semi-Finals in recent years and they range from 14,179 (Gretna v Dundee) to 32,431 (Rangers v St Mirren). Hibs at peak have attracted crowds of 25,000 to 26,000 but something less than that when they last played Aberdeen (22,193).

Hampden Park is way oversized for semi-finals and is in the wrong place and difficult to access even at 3:00PM.

I will be happy to get anything over 20,000. Aberdeen's fan base has eroded over the past five years. They no longer have the Scotland-wide following they had in the past.

I really can't see how a half hour delay in the kick-off time would attract an extra 5,000 to 10,000. As for another two and a quarter hours delay bringing an additional 20,000, I do not see it.

scoopyboy
12-03-2012, 09:29 PM

Ok smarty pants.

Add up all the games played by teams that didn't kick off at 3pm on a Saturday and then tell me who finish 1st and 2nd.

blackpoolhibs
12-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Ok smarty pants.

Add up all the games played by teams that didn't kick off at 3pm on a Saturday and then tell me who finish 1st and 2nd.

Scoops, its the non old firm fans who's season tickets are becoming a waste of time though, if you cant make games that are not 3pm saturdays.

The old firm only seem to have their bigotfests moved for tv, their season ticket holders can rest assured they will have mostly saturday 3pm football.

We have their games at easter road moved, the derbys, Motherwell now, St Johnstone moved for a friendly, Aberdeen moved to a sunday. Its becoming a joke imo.

killie-hibby
12-03-2012, 11:00 PM
Ok smarty pants.

I'm smart enough to know that excepting weeks where the Bigot Twins play in Europe or against each other, their HOME games KO at 3pm Saturdays. I dont need to do any more adding up . The answers been the same for years.:na na:

hfc rd
12-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Once again and it comes as no suprise, the sfa put the tv companies ahead of the most important thing in scottish football, the supporters. No consideration for both sets of fans, whatsoever!!

GTF STEWART REGAN!!!

JimBHibees
13-03-2012, 12:24 PM
Utter delusion.

I dont think it is now that the M74 extension has been opened there is a turnoff very close to Hampden. Drove there using that road for the Scots Czech game and it was remarkably easy for a game that was a sell out.

I would agree about your estimate of the crowd would imagine 20-25k for this one.

It would have been great if the game wasnt on tv and at 3pm however most if not all semi finals are covered by tv so it isnt a great surprise that the game is an early kick off. Teams like Ross County had to get there a couple of seasons back for an early kick off so unless there are mitigating personal circumstances I dont think there is much of an excuse as the ground is now much easier to get to than previously.

CropleyWasGod
13-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Once again and it comes as no suprise, the sfa put the tv companies ahead of the most important thing in scottish football, the supporters. No consideration for both sets of fans, whatsoever!!

GTF STEWART REGAN!!!

It could be argued, of course, that without the money coming from the TV companies and other sponsors, ticket prices for this game might be double what they are.

Gatecrasher
13-03-2012, 12:27 PM
are the dons fans moaning as much as us?

CropleyWasGod
13-03-2012, 12:29 PM

Nobody moans as much as us!! :greengrin

Gatecrasher
13-03-2012, 12:31 PM
Nobody moans as much as us!! :greengrin
:greengrin
We would take some beating

marinello59
13-03-2012, 12:33 PM

I doubt it. Most dons fans I have spoken to are surprised and delighted to be playing in a cup semi final at Hampden. Seemingly that's a reason for celebration.

HibeeEmma
13-03-2012, 12:35 PM
I doubt it. Most dons fans I have spoken to are surprised and delighted to be playing in a cup semi final at Hampden. Seemingly that's a reason for celebration.

Damn the optimists

CropleyWasGod
13-03-2012, 12:39 PM

Sheep-bothering wee team mentality.

Phil MaGlass
13-03-2012, 12:47 PM
:greengrin
We would take some beating

Dons fans win hands down at bleating....sorry get ma hat

MoscowHibs
13-03-2012, 01:43 PM

45 minutes for a refreshment, 15 minute walk to stadium (max) and you're in the ground at 12:30.

Actually ye could dae it in 4 hours there and 4 hours back.... KLM munich tae Glesga dep 0705, return at 1705, both via amsterdam, £363 return.And ye get a free beer or six:cheers:on the plane....sorted.

GORDONSMITH7
13-03-2012, 02:57 PM

GTF STEWART REGAN!!!

Wrong mate apparently they think that we are the most important think in football!! Another utter disgrace. The list is unending.

The following was moved,seconded and passed unanimously at the Branch meeting last Friday. It will be forwarded to the Hibernian Supporters Association Council for their consideration and if agreed passed to Hibernian FC and the appropriate Scottish Football bodies.

Resolution

St Patrick’s Branch of the Hibernian Supporters Association condemns the utter disregard for Hibs fans attending the game against Inverness Caledonian Thistle on Sunday the 1st April. This game has had its kick off time changed twice now to accommodate ESPN.

Many fans who booked early return train tickets are in the position that they now face a massive £50 single for a train ticket following the game

Similarly fans who booked into hotels on the Saturday because of the ridiculous 12.00 kick off, know that with the new 15.00 kick off, they need not have bothered.

Actions like this do not help the already dwindling crowds in Scottish football.

The mover of the resolution contacted the SPL in a personal capacity and received this rather bland reply.

Thank you for your email regarding the Inverness CT v Hibernian match.

I can fully understand your frustrations and can only apologise for the
difficulties this change has caused.

Football is nothing without the supporters and moving fixtures is not
something we do lightly. It is deeply regrettable that you have been
inconvenienced on this occasion.

Please feel free to call me on0141 620 4140 if you have any further
queries.

Best wishes for the rest of the season and beyond.

David

BIG G

St Patrick's a progressive Supporters Branch

Keith_M
13-03-2012, 03:17 PM
Actually ye could dae it in 4 hours there and 4 hours back.... KLM munich tae Glesga dep 0705, return at 1705, both via amsterdam, £363 return.And ye get a free beer or six:cheers:on the plane....sorted.

Interesting thanks.

I just need to decide now if I want to pay double the air fare and go through the sexual molestation that the Dutch Airport Staff call "frisking" or stick to my original plans :hmmm:

marinello59
13-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Strongly worded emails and non attendance are all very well but when we are dealing with something as outrageous as shifting a football kick off time by a couple of hours sterner action is required. Hopefully we will see Tibetan monks setting fire to themselves outside the SFA headquarters before the week is done. The world should be watching this outrageous situation.

blackpoolhibs
13-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Strongly worded emails and non attendance are all very well but when we are dealing with something as outrageous as shifting a football kick off time by a couple of hours sterner action is required. Hopefully we will see Tibetan monks setting fire to themselves outside the SFA headquarters before the week is done. The world should be watching this outrageous situation.

I think what that branch has done is superb, folk have lost money because of this, as usual its those who actually go to the games who've suffered.

Surely they should do something rather than just roll over and say nothing?

Keith_M
13-03-2012, 04:06 PM

That's NOT what they're complaining about.

The complaint is that games are moved regularly to accomodate TV or whatever other reason, without a thought to the fans. If a game has already been advertised at a given day and time and people spend their money arranging to be there, it's a real bummer if it's then moved, costing the fans money.

As well as this, the fact that supporters can't generally rely on set days and times for games means more people are now questioning the benefit of buying a Season Ticket.

OF away games are almost always put on TV, affecting both the day/time of the game (see above) as well as the income for the home club, due to a lower attendance.

OF HOME games, however, are almost never televised, so they get none of the reduction in gate money. How is THAT fair?

MoscowHibs
13-03-2012, 04:06 PM
Interesting thanks.

I just need to decide now if I want to pay double the air fare and go through the sexual molestation that the Dutch Airport Staff call "frisking" or stick to my original plans :hmmm:

Oh aye they effers fae G4S.They weren't that bad when I flew threw Ams last month. Whatever way u go, safe journey, only hope yer no doin a sleazyjet. Price they charge for refreshments ye could fly 1st class wi BA.

Keith_M
13-03-2012, 04:10 PM
Oh aye they effers fae G4S.They weren't that bad when I flew threw Ams last month. Whatever way u go, safe journey, only hope yer no doin a sleazyjet. Price they charge for refreshments ye could fly 1st class wi BA.

I've decided on the rowing boat option. I'm rowing along the Isar from Munich to the Danube. Then the Danube to Rhine canal. Out of the Rhine over the North Sea then up the Forth. From there, the Forth Clyde canal to Glesca.

Now, where's ma waterproofs.............

marinello59
13-03-2012, 04:14 PM
I think what that branch has done is superb, folk have lost money because of this, as usual its those who actually go to the games who've suffered.

Lighten up, it was meant to be a jokey post. Maybe not very funny though. I hadn't seen the post by the branch before I posted that so I won't be getting sucked in to any argument over this one. Several posters across a few threads have mentioned they emailed the club.

jgl07
13-03-2012, 04:16 PM

The other interpretation is that someone at Hibs blundered by publishing the wrong kickoff time on the website and then pulled it, before the arrangements were finalized.

I would be wary of booking trains on the basis of an announcement on the Hibs site that was not confirmed by the SFA website or elsewhere.

I would also think that a half hour change in the kickoff time would not affect that many unless they were operating on really tight timelines. I always aim to be there at least an hour before kickoff for a big match. Methinks they do protest too much.

MoscowHibs
13-03-2012, 04:19 PM
I've decided on the rowing boat option. I'm rowing along the Isar from Munich to the Danube. Then the Danube to Rhine canal. Out of the Rhine over the North Sea then up the Forth. From there, the Forth Clyde canal to Glesca.

Now, where's ma waterproofs.............

Yer wearing them....there called yer skin. Watch oot for floating bears on the clyde canal, seeing as a lot o them are in hari kari mode the noo.

blackpoolhibs
13-03-2012, 04:32 PM
The other interpretation is that someone at Hibs blundered by publishing the wrong kickoff time on the website and then pulled it, before the arrangements were finalized.

I would be wary of booking trains on the basis of an announcement on the Hibs site that was not confirmed by the SFA website or elsewhere.

I would also think that a half hour change in the kickoff time would not affect that many unless they were operating on really tight timelines. I always aim to be there at least an hour before kickoff for a big match. Methinks they do protest too much.

I'd read the post again. :confused:

blackpoolhibs
13-03-2012, 04:34 PM
Lighten up, it was meant to be a jokey post. Maybe not very funny though. I hadn't seen the post by the branch before I posted that so I won't be getting sucked in to any argument over this one. Several posters across a few threads have mentioned they emailed the club.

I knew you were trying to make a joke about it, :greengrin but would imagine those who have lost money might not find it so funny?

jgl07
13-03-2012, 04:38 PM
Resolution

St Patrick’s Branch of the Hibernian Supporters Association condemns the utter disregard for Hibs fans attending the game against Inverness Caledonian Thistle on Sunday the 1st April. This game has had its kick off time changed twice now to accommodate ESPN.

Where did the guff about ESPN come from. ESPN have not rights over the Scottish Cup this season. It is between Sky and BBC.

The match is on BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17345536

GORDONSMITH7
13-03-2012, 04:40 PM

Apparently it's not just St Patrick's Branch, Buddhist monks and your good self that are concerned with Hibs and other fans being treated like mugs mate. One of our members, in a personal capacity, e-mailed Hibernian's Managing Director Fife Hyland about todays events and promptly received this encouraging reply............

'Thanks for your email. You will forgive me if I do not get into responding to an email sent to you from the Scottish FA. But I do agree the kick off time is ridiculous – we also want a kick off at 3pm on the Saturday. I am as frustrated as you at the kick off time, and there needs to be more balance between the broadcast requirements under the current contracts and supporter preferences. At the moment it seems to be skewed too far toward TV.

It is another reason that we, as a club, have to work harder with the authorities and broadcasters to get some consistency and fairness for supporters if and when games get moved.

Thanks again for writing in, your feedback will be used as we move forward.'

Regards

Fife

BIG G

cwilliamson85
13-03-2012, 04:44 PM
Is the early KO time not to do with the police and trying to prevent fans boozing up on trains / buses and arriving at the game intoxicated?

To be honest 12:15 is not a problem for me. Get up at9:30, at the counting house for 10, large breakfast and pint and then taxi to the game.

blackpoolhibs
13-03-2012, 04:46 PM
Where did the guff about ESPN come from. ESPN have not rights over the Scottish Cup this season. It is between Sky and BBC.

The match is on BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17345536

What are you on about? Read the St Patricks supporters club email again.

marinello59
13-03-2012, 05:10 PM
I knew you were trying to make a joke about it, :greengrin but would imagine those who have lost money might not find it so funny?

I didn't think of that BH. I also failed to take the feelings of any Tibetan monks who may be reading the forum into account either. I must start taking Scottish football and all who sail in her much more seriously.:agree:

Keith_M
13-03-2012, 05:18 PM
I didn't think of that BH. I also failed to take the feelings of any Tibetan monks who may be reading the forum into account either. I must start taking Scottish football and all who sail in her much more seriously.:agree:

On behalf of Tibetan Monks everywhere, I salute you!

:aok:

Saffron Robe wearing Drum Banging folk ken what's gaun oan!

JimBHibees
13-03-2012, 05:26 PM

I think what has happened it that the time was agreed however someone then thought about the fact that it could go to extra time and penalties and could then run past the 3pm broadcasting ban time so then it was rearranged. Bit shambolic to be honest.

silverhibee
13-03-2012, 07:45 PM

http://local.stv.tv/aberdeen/news/sport/30783-msp-calls-for-aberdeens-semi-final-kick-off-time-to-be-changed/

hfc rd
13-03-2012, 08:09 PM
“We hope we will have a bigger support than Hibs at the stadium. If the Aberdeen fans are their usual enthusiastic group we will have a bigger support than Hibs and certainly a more vocal support. I’m sure that can help the team as the support here at Pittodrie is the 12th man.”

Pittodrie is the 12th man? Dream on Brown!

Eyrie
13-03-2012, 08:43 PM
“We hope we will have a bigger support than Hibs at the stadium. If the Aberdeen fans are their usual enthusiastic group we will have a bigger support than Hibs and certainly a more vocal support. I’m sure that can help the team as the support here at Pittodrie is the 12th man.”

And the man's name is Russell the sweetie paper.