PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian Display at hampden...

Thomson1875
12-03-2012, 09:41 AM
DISPLAY FOR HAMPDEN

Those awfully nice guys within sect43 have been busy this season trying to keep a bit of atmosphere going at games with some good streamer/ flag displays etc. In what has been a challenging season so far they have remained intact and grown in number. So far this season they have made numerous banners/flags and continually backed the team through thick and thin. Raising revenue from within the group has been the main source of income to fund these displays. With 12th man funds also being used to promote a better atmosphere within the ground. These are a wide range of age groups from our newest member Millie aged 2 days( congrats Derry ) to An almost 60 fossil. They may have come into criticism from some elements of supporters…but… They have also rightly received plaudits from some quarters as well. This is their first season as a group and are continually developing ideas to make displays better. THIS IS WHERE ALL HIBS FANS COME IN. The sect43 are planning a massive display that has never been done by Hibernian in the past. Details cannot be given out as this will compromise what is planned. It is intended to involve at least 75% of Hibees at Hampden for the Scottish Cup Semi -final v Aberdeen . It takes a lot of work to liase with S.F.A. to even be allowed into the ground the night before to lay out etc. It takes a complete bus to go over to Hampden the night before to arrange the display. We reckon the display could take as long as 6 hours to set up. But a minute to execute. It is a way to show National audiences just how good we are. Motherwell and Celtic did great displays last year in the Final. This is our time. This is our Year. This is our club. Let’s make this happen. The actual cost could be as much as £1500. Motherwell raised that last year to make their displays. We can do better. So, we are asking all hibs fans to dig into their pockets for this one. Donations can be made via paypal to hibs12thman@hotmail.co.uk.
Alternatively seek out any of the sect 43 guys in the terraces and donate face to face.

COME ON HIBEES WE CAN DO THIS. DON’T WAIT FOR EVERYONE ELSE TO DONATE FIRST. YOU ARE EVERYONE ELSE.

SECT43
G.G.T.T.H.

james
12-03-2012, 09:47 AM
Can you pm me what it is so I know what I'm donating to?

squire
12-03-2012, 09:59 AM
I know we are all excited to be going to Hampden but isn't a card display more fitting for a final? You said both Motherwell and Celtic did it for the final - I doubt they did it for the semi as well. Streamers, banners, flags yes but I would save the organised stuff for the final if we get there. Just my thoughts

DC_Hibs
12-03-2012, 10:02 AM
I'll happily chip in a few quid once it's been confirmed that the necessary permissions have been obtained.

Big Frank
12-03-2012, 10:03 AM

It would appear there will be a wee card on your seat at hampdump. It will make a pretty Hibs pic or slogan......

mickki40
12-03-2012, 10:05 AM
As the origonal poster points out. they don't want to advertise it because Aberdeen will be out to scupper and out do Hibs. I suggets you take the original post down. from the first 2 posts you can see there is a lack of ambition to create anything with 50% of the posts. if that vein continues then Hibs fans won't even bother to turn up. I salute you for trying and I will be donating.

Thomson1875
12-03-2012, 10:06 AM
Permissions have been granted to access hampden park the night before, we are currently awaiting a seating plan from hampden.

Aberdeen will also have something planned more than likely, we will be looking for volunteers to travel through the night before.

TheEastTerrace
12-03-2012, 10:10 AM
On the flip-side, wouldn't a fantastic show of support actually inspire our players?

Just a thought......

Ozyhibby
12-03-2012, 10:13 AM
Good work lads. I'll be donating.

Thomson1875
12-03-2012, 10:16 AM
Good work lads. I'll be donating.

Very much appreciated mate :thumbsup:

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-03-2012, 10:16 AM
if that vein continues then Hibs fans won't even bother to turn up.

Dearie me, you really dinnae help yourself much with some of your posts on here.

Vini1875
12-03-2012, 10:22 AM
I would also save this for the final since the numbers going for a semi will be much less than for a final. Even when playing well and going to hampden regularly we did not sell out our end. I would check out numbers that you expect if it is going to be a card display and there are gaps in the crowd it might end up being an own goal. I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but a lot of the section 43 guys might not remember how low semi final crowds are compared to the final.

By the way I am in Glasgow and would be happy to help.

mickki40
12-03-2012, 10:24 AM
Dearie me, you really dinnae help yourself much with some of your posts on here.

my post said I will be donating. Thats posotive.

mickki40
12-03-2012, 10:26 AM
I would also save this for the final since the numbers going for a semi will be much less than for a final. Even when playing well and going to hampden regularly we did not sell out our end. I would check out numbers that you expect if it is going to be a card display and there are gaps in the crowd it might end up being an own goal. I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but a lot of the section 43 guys might not remember how low semi final crowds are compared to the final.

By the way I am in Glasgow and would be happy to help.

True that... card displays do rely on no gaps. However tbf having got inside info. I don't think it will matter

frazeHFC
12-03-2012, 10:54 AM
Never mind leaving it for the final, we might not get there, and if we do it is a chance at another display. The game is live on the BBC and Sky so its a great opportunity for a display that will be seen by loads.

I for one can't wait for it. :thumbsup:

Ross4356
12-03-2012, 11:16 AM
I'll make a wee donation to this

.Sean.
12-03-2012, 11:17 AM
I'll donate once we know it's a goer and when it's announced what's planned, good luck guys.

Sweep
12-03-2012, 11:31 AM

PM me too and i will see what i can do. :pfgwa

007 Mickey Weir
12-03-2012, 11:55 AM
I will transfer some dosh over. Good work guys. Might be worth discussing on PM board?

:flag:

Thomson1875
12-03-2012, 12:06 PM
I will transfer some dosh over. Good work guys. Might be worth discussing on PM board?

I will get someone who is a PM to post up some plan idea's also use can give your opinions and so on. Think there is a few of our group on the private message boards.

ALF TUPPER
12-03-2012, 12:19 PM
Okay

Fine work all season guys. Admired your persistency, youthful enthusiasm (?), committment.
:top marks

I'm intrigued.

Lets do it. Donation on its way.
:cb
Good luck

At The Edge
12-03-2012, 12:29 PM
I'll stick some money towards this, will pass it over at the next home game.

:pfgwa

Kaiser_Sauzee
12-03-2012, 12:35 PM
Can I suggest that you arrange for the Admins to send a PM to all members on here to explain a bit about the display - I will gladly donate to this once I have a rough idea of what we will be displaying.

JeMeSouviens
12-03-2012, 12:54 PM
Just a thought but ... this would be an ideal time before a national audience to show the depth of feeling against a Hun newco being readmitted to the SPL. Even better if done in cooperation with the Sheepies. I'd certainly donate to that. :agree:

frazeHFC
12-03-2012, 01:12 PM
Just a thought but ... this would be an ideal time before a national audience to show the depth of feeling against a Hun newco being readmitted to the SPL. Even better if done in cooperation with the Sheepies. I'd certainly donate to that. :agree:

Not my cup of tea. I'm there to support Hibs, its a huge game for us. :flag:

PeterboroHibee
12-03-2012, 01:27 PM
I'll donate once we know it's a goer and when it's announced what's planned, good luck guys.

Same for me, if everythings confirmed Im more than happy to donate something. Would like a bit more information on whats planned if Im donating though (even by PM).

mickki40
12-03-2012, 01:38 PM
On the flip-side, wouldn't a fantastic show of support actually inspire our players?

Just a thought......

Yes it would. I would love to see us sell this out

Stew the Hibee
12-03-2012, 01:41 PM
Guys, there is a reason why they can't share details about the display. Naturally, the group strive to be as best as they can and hopefully out do the other support. If plans were leaked, and the sheep found out then they could up their game and out do the display. It's a semi final, and these opportunities do not come around often.

cwilliamson85
12-03-2012, 01:44 PM
Drop me a PM if you need a hand the night before

edinburghhibee
12-03-2012, 01:54 PM
A great idea boys/girls, I'll be up for donating some dosh to this inawe, take it you'll all be at Tynie on Sunday? What pub you starting in I'll hand it to one of you there!

What about an Eddie Turnbull display sure the sheep would be up for that.

frazeHFC
12-03-2012, 02:59 PM
A great idea boys/girls, I'll be up for donating some dosh to this inawe, take it you'll all be at Tynie on Sunday? What pub you starting in I'll hand it to one of you there!

What about an Eddie Turnbull display sure the sheep would be up for that.

Thanks. We will all be at the Murrayfield Hotel. :agree: :aok:

Dinkydoo
12-03-2012, 06:21 PM
Something about the ridiculously early KO time :dunno:

Eddie Turnbull one would be great though.

andy1875
12-03-2012, 06:38 PM
Sounds like a good idea lads, the Napoli fans had a right good display at their home game against Chelsea a few weeks back, worth a look to see if that generates any ideas.

Don't wanna rain on anyones parade but it would IMO be better left for the final, reason being that I can't see us taking more than 15-18k to the semi thus meaning large gaps in our end.

IF we got to the final then we'd sell out for definite, it would be easier to pull off.

In saying all that, would be happy to contribute a little once plans are announced.

Cheers lads.

SunshineOnLeith
12-03-2012, 06:39 PM
While I've got nothing but admiration for the dedication and commitment you guys are showing to organise this, in light of the ludicrous kick off time, and the inevitable impact it will have upon both the attendance and atmosphere at the game, do you really believe it's worth the financial and time outlay required?

Not trying to pi$h on your cornflakes, but that's a lot of money you'll be spending which could be saved for another day, be it the final or any other game.

Nakedmanoncrack
12-03-2012, 07:58 PM
Sheep display yesterday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LVbUhQLIW4

Fergos
12-03-2012, 08:05 PM
If alls confirmed I'll chip in defo.

Hats off to the Lads for getting this going, great to see folk getting organised for the good of Hibernian.

Lucius Apuleius
12-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Much of it getting spent on smoke bombs?

SquashedFrogg
12-03-2012, 08:24 PM

Actually a great idea... Let off loads of smoke bombs and get match delayed until a 3pm kick off?

Baldy Foghorn
12-03-2012, 08:24 PM

:greengrin:greengrin

hibeerealist
12-03-2012, 08:29 PM
Hi Guys

I helped previously with your storage of flags at ER, send me PM and I will assist again. Good idea lets make it look really good!:flag:

DISPLAY FOR HAMPDEN

Those awfully nice guys within sect43 have been busy this season trying to keep a bit of atmosphere going at games with some good streamer/ flag displays etc. In what has been a challenging season so far they have remained intact and grown in number. So far this season they have made numerous banners/flags and continually backed the team through thick and thin. Raising revenue from within the group has been the main source of income to fund these displays. With 12th man funds also being used to promote a better atmosphere within the ground. These are a wide range of age groups from our newest member Millie aged 2 days( congrats Derry ) to An almost 60 fossil. They may have come into criticism from some elements of supporters…but… They have also rightly received plaudits from some quarters as well. This is their first season as a group and are continually developing ideas to make displays better. THIS IS WHERE ALL HIBS FANS COME IN. The sect43 are planning a massive display that has never been done by Hibernian in the past. Details cannot be given out as this will compromise what is planned. It is intended to involve at least 75% of Hibees at Hampden for the Scottish Cup Semi -final v Aberdeen . It takes a lot of work to liase with S.F.A. to even be allowed into the ground the night before to lay out etc. It takes a complete bus to go over to Hampden the night before to arrange the display. We reckon the display could take as long as 6 hours to set up. But a minute to execute. It is a way to show National audiences just how good we are. Motherwell and Celtic did great displays last year in the Final. This is our time. This is our Year. This is our club. Let’s make this happen. The actual cost could be as much as £1500. Motherwell raised that last year to make their displays. We can do better. So, we are asking all hibs fans to dig into their pockets for this one. Donations can be made via paypal to hibs12thman@hotmail.co.uk.
Alternatively seek out any of the sect 43 guys in the terraces and donate face to face.

COME ON HIBEES WE CAN DO THIS. DON’T WAIT FOR EVERYONE ELSE TO DONATE FIRST. YOU ARE EVERYONE ELSE.

SECT43
G.G.T.T.H.

whiskyhibby
12-03-2012, 08:45 PM
Happy to make a donation once I know more

Keith_M
13-03-2012, 02:36 PM
I'd donate as long as it's not a card display.

Can you imagine cards on 20,000 seats when Hibs will have only 4,000 supporters in the ground at kick off, 5,000 in the Q at the turnstyles and 7,000 still in the pub? Doomed, ah tell ye, Doomed! :greengrin

RIP
15-03-2012, 11:25 PM
Hi Guys

I helped previously with your storage of flags at ER, send me PM and I will assist again. Good idea lets make it look really good!:flag:

You were very generous then :top marks

You used paypal last time - would that not work for you this time? Or do you just want more detail first?