PDA

View Full Version : What colour do we wear at Hampden

Billy Whizz
11-03-2012, 11:42 PM
As Aberdeen were drawn out the hat as the home team they I presume will be wearing red.
Will we be able to wear green or will we have to wear black?

SteveHFC
11-03-2012, 11:47 PM
We should be able to wear the Green :aok:

monktonharp
11-03-2012, 11:51 PM
black is the colour..................of my true loves eyes/dress/nickers. It's got to be Green! why the hell not?

Northernhibee
11-03-2012, 11:52 PM
We wear green and white, we go to Hampden and we tear them limb from limb to set up a final. Against who I don't care, for the first time in years I get the feeling that anything is possible.

matty_f
11-03-2012, 11:53 PM
I hope we wear green if for no other reason than, along with Aberdeen's red, it'll give those watching on tv the 3D effect without needing a fancy telly.

Septimus
12-03-2012, 06:04 AM
I recall a poem about the Coronation Cup which ended iirc "all Hampden was covered with banners of green"

We play in green.

Jones28
12-03-2012, 08:36 AM
Green! No colour clash :flag:

Unless this about making a statement :greengrin In which case it should be purple :wink:

Billy Whizz
12-03-2012, 09:03 AM
My mistake, as we usually change colour at Pittodrie, I thought this was because of a colour clash rather than a marketing initiative on our 2nd strip.
Both team wore their traditional colours at ER a few weeks ago.
Only question, green or white shorts

cabbageandribs1875
12-03-2012, 09:20 AM
I recall a poem about the Coronation Cup which ended iirc "all Hampden was covered with banners of green"

We play in green.

that's from the 'said lizzie to philip' coronation cup final song, to the tune of the present day 'hearts song'

Beat the Hibs in the final and lo and behold,
All Hampden was covered in green, white and gold.

http://www.ntvcelticfanzine.com/history corner/history coronation cup final.htm

SkintHibby
12-03-2012, 09:35 AM
My mistake, as we usually change colour at Pittodrie, I thought this was because of a colour clash rather than a marketing initiative on our 2nd strip.
Both team wore their traditional colours at ER a few weeks ago.
Only question, green or white shorts

Sorry, I found your original question a bit silly since red and green dont clash.

Anyway, white shorts. That's the way it should always be.:agree:

bawheid
12-03-2012, 09:38 AM
It's quite common for Aberdeen or Hibs to wear their away strip when the clubs play. This is neccessary when any of players from either of the sides or the match officials suffer from red/green colour blindness.

Walter
12-03-2012, 09:46 AM
Sorry, I found your original question a bit silly since red and green dont clash.

Anyway, white shorts. That's the way it should always be.:agree:

Apologies for being pedant, but I believe red and green provide quite a clash for those who are colour blind.

P.s. Just saw bawheids message. Just shut me up.

AgentDaleCooper
12-03-2012, 09:50 AM
Apologies for being pedant, but I believe red and green provide quite a clash for those who are colour blind.

P.s. Just saw bawheids message. Just shut me up.

...don't red and green clash? as in the normal use of the term, namely that they contrast heavily?

not wanting to be pedantic...:wink:

LancsHibs
12-03-2012, 09:55 AM
We are Hibs. We are green & white :flag::flag:

cabbageandribs1875
12-03-2012, 10:03 AM
"Red and green should never be seen except upon an Irish queen "

or

"red and green should never be seen, unless there's something in between"

the referee wears black, should be ok :greengrin

Mikeystewart
12-03-2012, 10:11 AM
black is the colour..................of my true loves eyes/dress/nickers. It's got to be Green! why the hell not?

:top marks Cant beat a wee bit of Christy Moore :greengrin

Mili Tant
12-03-2012, 10:19 AM
:top marks Cant beat a wee bit of Christy Moore :greengrin

Surely Monkton you mean Black is the Colour of my true loves HAIR? The one that auld Christy stole from Hamish Imlach!!

Keith_M
12-03-2012, 10:32 AM
We wear green.

If the referee is colour blind, get another one.

If any supporters are colour blind, make sure you don't go in the wrong end.

If anyone's watching in black and white, get a new telly.

FastEddieFelson
12-03-2012, 11:26 AM
we should be wearing green. aberdeen wear red when they come to easter road, there's no reason why we'd have to play in black.

Septimus
12-03-2012, 12:54 PM
that's from the 'said lizzie to philip' coronation cup final song, to the tune of the present day 'hearts song'

Thanks for that Cabbage.

heretoday
12-03-2012, 01:11 PM
Refs and rugby players play in black. Not footballers and definitely not Hibs!!

superfurryhibby
12-03-2012, 01:18 PM
Surely Monkton you mean Black is the Colour of my true loves HAIR? The one that auld Christy stole from Hamish Imlach!!

I like the version by the Easy Club!!

We should wear green, with white shorts.

Hibercelona
12-03-2012, 01:27 PM
Why would we have to wear black? :confused:

Dashing Bob S
12-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Why would we have to wear black? :confused:

Out of respect for Aberdeen when we bury them.

GreenCastle
12-03-2012, 02:01 PM
We wear green.

If the referee is colour blind, get another one.

If any supporters are colour blind, make sure you don't go in the wrong end.

If anyone's watching in black and white, get a new telly.

:greengrin:top marks

Walter
12-03-2012, 03:09 PM
...don't red and green clash? as in the normal use of the term, namely that they contrast heavily?

not wanting to be pedantic...:wink:

:D

Well yes, in the fashion stakes it is a bit of a heavy contrast. Could make quite a spiffing Haribo style golf outfit, however.:pfgwa

NAE NOOKIE
12-03-2012, 09:04 PM
We should wear a Hibs strip

Irish_Steve
12-03-2012, 10:26 PM
I hope we wear green if for no other reason than, along with Aberdeen's red, it'll give those watching on tv the 3D effect without needing a fancy telly.

:top marks:top marks:top marks

Jonnyboy
12-03-2012, 10:37 PM

Is that the one that also includes the line "and down at the Palace they made it a law, that if you beat Rangers it's only a draw"

cabbageandribs1875
12-03-2012, 11:00 PM
Is that the one that also includes the line "and down at the Palace they made it a law, that if you beat Rangers it's only a draw"

not according to that link j, but would certainly fit in :cb t'waz afore my time :greengrin tiz a 'catchy' song though, and not a bad crowd for a wednesday night(117,000)

HIBS: Younger, Govan, Patterson, Buchanan, Howie, Combe, Smith, Johnstone, Reilly, Turnbul, Ormond

keithkeith
12-03-2012, 11:05 PM
Got to be green and white...

hfc rd
12-03-2012, 11:07 PM
Red and green doesn't seem to clash. Both teams will be wearing their traditional home kits.