PDA

View Full Version : Hearts in the Final?

SRHibs
11-03-2012, 07:01 PM
What are your thoughts on this potentiality? Personally, despite the fact that it'd be massively nerve-wracking, I think it'd be awesome and am definitely hoping for it. Would be a massive game for Scottish football, and Hampden packed with 60,000 Hibs/Hearts fans would show that there is still massive interest outside of OF games.

I can't think of a sweeter way to break our 110 year SC hoodoo, than to hump the Yams in the final. Conversely, losing to them would be absolutely soul destroying.

bighairyfaeleith
11-03-2012, 07:04 PM
What are your thoughts on this potentiality? Personally, despite the fact that it'd be massively nerve-wracking, I think it'd be awesome and am hopeful that this outcome will manifest. Would be a massive game for Scottish football, and Hampden packed with 60,000 Hibs/Hearts fans would show that there is still massive interest outside of OF games.

I can't think of a sweeter way to break our 100 year SC hoodoo, than to hump the Yams in the final. Conversely, losing to them would be absolutely soul destroying.

coming back along the M8 with hearts coaches next to our after a defeat would be too much to bare for me, however if we won:greengrin

Can't decide if I want it or not!!

essexhibee
11-03-2012, 07:05 PM
For gods sake no. I know that I will get shouted at by everyone on here :greengrin but a defeat in that would be horrific, unthinkable, utterly distroying. Yes we could win and that would be the best feeling ever and a moment of a lifetime. But I just think that their record against us and the fact they always seem to raise their game and we don't would mean they would beat us.

Hiber-nation
11-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Hopefully St Mirren will make all this irrelevant!

Sas_The_Hibby
11-03-2012, 07:09 PM
St Mirren beat Hearts then Celtic and we beat Aberdeen would suit me fine.

I realise we would in no way be guaranteed to beat the Buddies, but we'd have a better chance of winning it against them than Hearts, and losing to them would be nothing like as bad.

Pretty Boy
11-03-2012, 07:09 PM
Defeat would be horrific.

Winning would be the best thing ever, there boasting about Derby records would be rendered irrelevant in 90 minutes.

Up to you if you fancy the risk.

HibbyAndy
11-03-2012, 07:12 PM
Hearts have had the Indian sign over hibs for years and years and years.Dont EVER want to meet them in the SC let alone the final.

The Harp
11-03-2012, 07:15 PM
coming back along the M8 with hearts coaches next to our after a defeat would be too much to bare for me, however if we won:greengrin

Can't decide if I want it or not!!

Don't think my old ticker could stand that. There's obviously three games before that would become reality, 1 for us and 2 for them. Can't see it happening - as long as we get there that'll do for me.:flag:

Since90+2
11-03-2012, 07:18 PM
Defeat would be horrific.

Winning would be the best thing ever, there boasting about Derby records would be rendered irrelevant in 90 minutes.

Up to you if you fancy the risk.

He who dares wins :greengrin

SneakersO'Toole
11-03-2012, 07:19 PM
I would take it as they aren't much better than us currently IMO.

Difference between us and them is that they would relish meeting us in the final, even though as I say they ain't looking too hot. We on the other quiver in our boots at the thought of it.

Time to start thinking positive against these mutants. They are average at best and although we are still miles away from where we want to be I'd fancy our chances against them.

Bring them on next week. Pressure is all on them.

The_Todd
11-03-2012, 07:23 PM
Hearts are pretty ordinary this season, really. Of course, we're not exactly Barcelona but if we had this manager and this squad all season we wouldn't sit 11th at the moment.

We have to get this fear of Hearts out of our heads. The good thing about having so many loanees in the team right now is they're not of this "Hearts will beat us as usual" mindset we've got ourselves into.

If we meet Hearts in the final if we believe we can beat them, then we can.

Hibercelona
11-03-2012, 07:24 PM
Hibs/Hearts final would be the life or death of me.

At The Edge
11-03-2012, 07:25 PM
I can barely take the league derby nevermind a game with a cup at the end of it and our pants record.
Hopefully St Mirren will do us a favour and put them out,failing that the lesser greens are welcome to them

:pfgwa

One Day Soon
11-03-2012, 07:25 PM
BRING

IT

ON.

Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth. What an all-time bragging rights ending way to lay to rest the cup jinx and demonstrate at the same time that the Rovers are rusted, the yellow cardigans are full of holes and the middle ranking financial services managers are now working for wholly owned subsidiaries of other companies.

Billy Brown grinning his head off holding up the cup after the game too. The ONLY way that could be better would be a final score of Hibernian 7 - Hearts 0.

ScottB
11-03-2012, 07:26 PM
I made a predication / guess / throwaway statement at the start of the season that we'd beat Celtic 3-1 in the final. I'll take that right now haha

Dunno if I could deal with Hearts in the final. It would swing from possibly our greatest moment of glory to the most crushing disappointment...

Sammy7nil
11-03-2012, 07:28 PM
I would LOVE it there would be a suicide watch in Gorgie if we won, if we lost it would be bad but we could cope. There is No way they could live with the defeat Bring it On.

down-the-slope
11-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Apart from 52,000 being nothing like enough for the demand (cue another Murryfield debate :devil:)

I would take it...for the reason that although us the fans would needing plastic pants...we now have players who are stronger mentally and mostly are not Hibbies and carrying that baggage...

Think about the loanees (who we had 6 on saturday) they have come to get games and help us out the spl mire...suddenly the chance to win silverware beckons..they would be really up for it (as yesterday showed) and not blighted like previous teams have been with the years of expectation

So this year I would say yes.....what a way to do it break the hodoo AND do it against them....

Winner takes all.....i'm in...and just off to check medical suppliers for the required underwear :greengrin

Hibernia Na Eir
11-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Celtic will easily see off St Mirren or Hearts anyway, so this ain't gonna happen.

Onion
11-03-2012, 07:48 PM
If you think WE'd be nervy, just think what it would be like for the Yam Fans :green grin They've won the SC twice in the last 15 years, would be hot favourites, so nothing really new for them, but if they LOST to us in the SC Final it they would all be on suicide watch.

Ok, here's a question.

If we play and beat the Dons on the Sat, who do we want to win in the Celtic v Yams SEMI on the Sunday ????

Dinkydoo
11-03-2012, 07:55 PM
A win against them in the final would be the best, nothing would compare. A defeat however, I honestly feel sick just thinking about it......

cabbageandribs1875
11-03-2012, 07:56 PM
If you think WE'd be nervy, just think what it would be like for the Yam Fans :green grin They've won the SC twice in the last 15 years, would be hot favourites, so nothing really new for them, but if they LOST to us in the SC Final it they would all be on suicide watch.

Ok, here's a question.

If we play and beat the Dons on the Sat, who do we want to win in the Celtic v Yams SEMI on the Sunday ????

or to put it another way, they have won it twice in the last 55 years(or 3 in 56 years) :wink: twice more than us i know, but they are a big team remember :)

essexhibee
11-03-2012, 07:58 PM

Ok, here's a question.

Celtic. Defeat by them would be much easier to stomach IMO. :rolleyes:

Honestly think we will get to the final but yet again it will be one step to far. I'm a negative defeatist bassa :greengrin:greengrin

Hainan Hibs
11-03-2012, 07:58 PM
I've changed my mind, I'd love to meet them in the final and beat them. All time bragging rights over those *****:agree:

SloopJB
11-03-2012, 07:59 PM
I really hope we beat aberdeen in the next round.

11-03-2012, 08:01 PM
Would feel physically sick with nerves waking up on the morning of a hibs v hearts SC final (thats if I had even slept atal!). Would be the most incredible, fantastic moment in our entire history if we were to end our SC hoodoo against our most hated rival but to loose against them would be unbearable, they would never let us live it down. The thought of that long loooong journey home from hampden after the defeat, passing all the hearts coaches and arriving back in Edinburgh with the jambos out partying would just be far to much to stomach.

We have no reason to fear hearts as they are a very average side, on our day we can beat them but we seem to just accept that we will get beat by them and that has been our biggest problem for years.

Hopefully St.Mirren will put them in their place and beat them in the replay anyway.

We have to concentrate on getting there ourselves, Aberdeen will be no walk over but hopefully there will be a massive hibs support there and the players will rise to the occasion.

GGTTH :flag:

Viva_Palmeiras
11-03-2012, 08:07 PM
Two words:

Babe Ruth curse
Boston Red Sox
:wink::flag:

Jack Ferrigan
11-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Looking at it .. if we get past Aberdeen (a hard game) I think it has to be Tic in the final

Having been to two finals against them (some years ago) and been really disappointed (F..... devastated but I was younger then)
I look forward to PF putting together a team that can contain and win on the day.
Kaisan (constant improvement) as the Ni
Japanese say. Come on Pat confidence is everything at this stage.

God Petrie
11-03-2012, 08:28 PM
Hertz would be gutted if we won it against anyone. No need to beat them in the final to get it right up them.

We could finally reclaim that song we used to sing about them winning hee haw for 40 odd years.

hibsbollah
11-03-2012, 08:30 PM
All time bragging rights. For ever.

Of course i want them in the final.

Dashing Bob S
11-03-2012, 08:39 PM
Would feel physically sick with nerves waking up on the morning of a hibs v hearts SC final (thats if I had even slept atal!). Would be the most incredible, fantastic moment in our entire history if we were to end our SC hoodoo against our most hated rival but to loose against them would be unbearable, they would never let us live it down. The thought of that long loooong journey home from hampden after the defeat, passing all the hearts coaches and arriving back in Edinburgh with the jambos out partying would just be far to much to stomach.

We have no reason to fear hearts as they are a very average side, on our day we can beat them but we seem to just accept that we will get beat by them and that has been our biggest problem for years.

Hopefully St.Mirren will put them in their place and beat them in the replay anyway.

We have to concentrate on getting there ourselves, Aberdeen will be no walk over but hopefully there will be a massive hibs support there and the players will rise to the occasion.

GGTTH :flag:

I would love a Hibs-Hearts final more than anything. I can't understand people fearing it or being 'sick with nerves'. These are the games you live for as a fan, high stakes affairs against local rivals. If you're afraid of failure you never succeed, and I think that's the part of the reason both Edinburgh clubs have been such underachievers. A Hibs-Hearts final would make the Edinburgh derby a bigger fixture than local interest. I'd love it and I'd want it to happen regularly as it should with clubs of our size in Scotland.

Westie1875
11-03-2012, 08:41 PM
Lets beat the sheep first :greengrin

However, IF we were to face Hearts in the final I think I'd be watching 90 mins through my fingers and would probably end up at A&E with a heart attack regardless of the result, I am bad enough on normal derby day! :worried::greengrin

SRHibs
11-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Celtic will easily see off St Mirren or Hearts anyway, so this ain't gonna happen.
Well, both Hearts and St Mirren are currently better teams than Hibs (well, higher placed anyway), so with that in mind, I'm assuming you think the final is about the best we can achieve? Celtic are beatable.

SRHibs
11-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Hertz would be gutted if we won it against anyone. No need to beat them in the final to get it right up them.

We could finally reclaim that song we used to sing about them winning hee haw for 40 odd years.

Yeah, but if they're not in the final, they could simply turn off their TVs and avoid JKB/Hibs.net, and try to block out the fact we've finally won it. There's no hiding from the truth if they're there to witness it in person.

I wonder how the game would fare in terms of viewing figures. I think it'd be pretty popular, even down south.

Makaveli
11-03-2012, 08:53 PM
Every time.

Beat them and we own them. Don't beat them and little changes.

marinello59
11-03-2012, 08:55 PM
I would love a Hibs-Hearts final more than anything. I can't understand people fearing it or being 'sick with nerves'. These are the games you live for as a fan, high stakes affairs against local rivals. If you're afraid of failure you never succeed, and I think that's the part of the reason both Edinburgh clubs have been such underachievers. A Hibs-Hearts final would make the Edinburgh derby a bigger fixture than local interest. I'd love it and I'd want it to happen regularly as it should with clubs of our size in Scotland.

:top marks

Hermit Crab
11-03-2012, 08:59 PM
I made a predication / guess / throwaway statement at the start of the season that we'd beat Celtic 3-1 in the final. I'll take that right now haha

Dunno if I could deal with Hearts in the final. It would swing from possibly our greatest moment of glory to the most crushing disappointment...

I would take that, interestingly if we do manage to get to the final against Celtic would you go to the bookie and put a tenner on a correct score? :greengrin

Keith_M
11-03-2012, 09:05 PM
Putting aside for the moment my gut feling that the final will be between Celtc and Abderdeen....

I'd be happy in this hypothetical scenario to play Hearts in the final.

If we win, fantastic.

If we lose, I don't know any Scottish people in Munich, never mind Hearts fans, so I'd get over it a bit easier than most :wink:

hibsbollah
11-03-2012, 09:06 PM

Winning the Auld Reekie FinalŠ would just be the first step on our 2013 assault on the Europa League and my eventual triumphal trip to the Amsterdam Arena via hovercraft with a bevy of buxom beauties, Michelin* chefs and Franck Sauzee as compere.

Its all there. We just need to reach out and grab it.

Hibs Class
11-03-2012, 09:10 PM

This. Assuming the unwashed do win the final will the runners-up qualify for the Europe league?

Hibs Class
11-03-2012, 09:17 PM
This. Assuming the unwashed do win the final will the runners-up qualify for the Europe league?

Ignore that - now seen all the other threads.:doh:

DH1875
11-03-2012, 09:25 PM
As long as I get a ticket I couldn't give a duck who we get in the final.

ekhibee
11-03-2012, 09:34 PM
There is no reason really why we couldn't beat Hearts in the SC final, but at the end of the day everybody must be running out of excuses for why Hibs have such a horrific record a/ against Hearts and b/ in the Scottish Cup. This team are a lot better than the team that started the season, but let's face it, that doesn't take much, it's a big jump from where they are now to suggest they have a good chance of winning the Scottish Cup when Celtic, Hearts and Aberdeen(who are in form at the moment) are in contention. St Mirren would be an interesting final, I thought the teams were quite even when we played them recently, and I suppose you could say the same about when we played the Dons. The problem with playing Hearts in the final isn't Hearts, it's the approach to the game that OUR team take. Okay, so we probably wouldn't get the potential pasting we would get of a Celtic team that put 5 goals past us recently, but whether it's 1-0, 2-1 or whatever, with the usual favourable decisions going Hearts way, Hearts fans will never let us forget it.

IWasThere2016
11-03-2012, 09:45 PM

I couldnae bare it! I think we can beat the Sheep but not Cellic. So want the Soapdodgers oot. If that means Hearts then so be it .. but I won't be there and I won't even watch it tbh. I'm in prayer for Hibs - St Mirren :agree:

frazeHFC
11-03-2012, 10:17 PM

:agree:

Summed it up easily for me too.

hibbie02
11-03-2012, 10:32 PM
I would be happy to beat the Sheepies and get to the final. We have more chance of beating the Deluded than the Tims, so I would be up for the Embra Final. They would be soooooo 'kin confident and they have yet to play our new team (they might get a shock next week). At this point in time no one knows who has Edinburgh rights, so bring it on.

Would be gutting to lose to them, but special to beat them. :flag::flag::flag:

...WentToMowAnSPL
11-03-2012, 10:33 PM

:hibees:top marks:flag: Completely agree btw :-)

hibbie02
11-03-2012, 10:35 PM
:hibees:top marks:flag: Completely agree btw :-)

Me too. The Old Firm is Deid. The Edinburgh Firm is the future (until the Yams go breasts skyward)!

hfc rd
11-03-2012, 10:37 PM
If we get hearts in the final, then hearts it is. I know most people would have this game as a life or death situation. If we lose.... It will feel as if someone very close to you just died in front of you. While if we win... Well words won't describe on how everyone will be feeling.

edinburghhibee
12-03-2012, 02:36 AM
I would prefer St Mirren but if not then Hearts only because I want to see hibs finally win this cup again. The feeling will be amazing whoever we play

Pete
12-03-2012, 03:44 AM
When asked who they wanted in the semi, hearts fans said Hibs. Now they've drawn celtic they are looking past them and wanting us in the final because they are positive about playing Celtic and they think they will hammer us.

If we do meet them in the final the crowd will be 50/50 and the teams will be evenly matched. The only difference will be the attitude of the fans if we aren't up for it like they are.

I'm not scared of playing them...stuff them and stuff their derby record. A lot of it is down to our fans just giving up and accepting them being better than us for some strange reason. They have this habit of trying to make us feel small but it's only because they know deep down that we are similar sized clubs with equal potential. The sad thing is we have started to believe all their crap because we have heard it over and over again. Their fans have had more belief for the last twenty years (for no real reason) and it has turned into results on the pitch as players do pick up on these things.

They can go on about their 4-0 all they want but we had half a team out, we had nobody there and they were artificially strengthened. Forget the league positions as things have changed dramatically...even since the start of the season...and things will only get better from next season.

I think we'll do them at Tynecastle and if we get them in the final I think we'll beat them there too.

I'm straining at the leash to put them in their place! They're no better than we are and a nice win at the piggery will maybe make them realise that they should be careful what they wish for. Let's have it!!:take that

Pete
12-03-2012, 03:47 AM
...If we beat Aberdeen, which is a harder game than Hearts.

Johnny_Leith
12-03-2012, 05:52 AM
Am I right in saying that st mirren are the only team left in the cup that we've beaten this season?

Anyway, them in the final? If that's how it plays out then bring it on, would be the best way to end the hoodoo and would be the party of a lifetime after!

First things first tho, beating the dandies

Keith_M
12-03-2012, 06:53 AM
.. but I won't be there and I won't even watch it tbh.:agree:

Shockerooni!

brydekirk
12-03-2012, 08:46 AM
Would rather play celts and qualify for europa league tbh.

12-03-2012, 09:04 AM
When asked who they wanted in the semi, hearts fans said Hibs. Now they've drawn celtic they are looking past them and wanting us in the final because they are positive about playing Celtic and they think they will hammer us.

If we do meet them in the final the crowd will be 50/50 and the teams will be evenly matched. The only difference will be the attitude of the fans if we aren't up for it like they are.

I'm not scared of playing them...stuff them and stuff their derby record. A lot of it is down to our fans just giving up and accepting them being better than us for some strange reason. They have this habit of trying to make us feel small but it's only because they know deep down that we are similar sized clubs with equal potential. The sad thing is we have started to believe all their crap because we have heard it over and over again. Their fans have had more belief for the last twenty years (for no real reason) and it has turned into results on the pitch as players do pick up on these things.

They can go on about their 4-0 all they want but we had half a team out, we had nobody there and they were artificially strengthened. Forget the league positions as things have changed dramatically...even since the start of the season...and things will only get better from next season.

I think we'll do them at Tynecastle and if we get them in the final I think we'll beat them there too.

I'm straining at the leash to put them in their place! They're no better than we are and a nice win at the piggery will maybe make them realise that they should be careful what they wish for. Let's have it!!:take that

:agree::top marks

JimBHibees
12-03-2012, 11:43 AM
If it was the choice between Celtc and Hearts (which I think it will be as think they will edge the replay) in Glasgow then it would be Hearts every time as I think we would have more chance of beating them than beating Celtc.

Hibs7
12-03-2012, 12:28 PM
Jesus!!! Let's beat Aberdeen first, that is not going to be an easy game and LS is out, I would have Docherty in midfield in his place and keep the same back 4. Soares back with Claros and Osbourne and we have a good chance,
ROD and Sparky up front........ depends on our luck on the day.

hibsbollah
12-03-2012, 12:54 PM
Jesus!!! Let's beat Aberdeen first, that is not going to be an easy game and LS is out, I would have Docherty in midfield in his place and keep the same back 4. Soares back with Claros and Osbourne and we have a good chance,
ROD and Sparky up front........ depends on our luck on the day.

Has :doh:erty ever played midfield? i thought he was a centreback or right back. Im not a fan of playing out of position unless its unavoidable. Ivans had a couple of good games now and should keep his place along with Soares Claros and Osborne.

JimBHibees
12-03-2012, 01:22 PM
Has :doh:erty ever played midfield? i thought he was a centreback or right back. Im not a fan of playing out of position unless its unavoidable. Ivans had a couple of good games now and should keep his place along with Soares Claros and Osborne.

Ivan and Ozzy are missing the derby.

Killiehibbie
12-03-2012, 01:27 PM
Win the semi then beat Hearts in the final sounds like a good way to finish the season.

Dashing Bob S
12-03-2012, 01:35 PM

For the last thirty odd years they've been sleazy cheats who have spent money they don't have, bumping a derby record with a string of turgid 1-0 and 2-1 wins, usually against players paid a 1/4 of what their mercenaries earn. Whenever there has been the financial parity things like 6-2 and 7-0 have tended to happen. They are massively inferior, bankrupting themselves through the deluded antics of Mercer, Robinson and Romanov, simply in order to crow about their stunning mediocrity.

Would love to get them in the final.

JimBHibees
12-03-2012, 01:42 PM
Win the semi then beat Hearts in the final sounds like a good way to finish the season.

Surely the understatement of the century. :greengrin

Killiehibbie
12-03-2012, 02:46 PM
Surely the understatement of the century. :greengrinCan I book a liver transplant for early June?

SlickShoes
12-03-2012, 03:00 PM
I think that a Hibs v Hearts final would be great, I would be ****ting myself but it would be great.

If they win, they get to brag at us about how we have not won it since 1902, nothing new there. They get to brag about pumping us out of said up, nothing new there (4-0 a few years ago says it all)

IF WE WIN, they will be on the verge of suicde there is nothing to hold over us any more, nothing at all.

Basically if they were to win the cup against us its business as usual, if we win it turns everything on its head. We would be massive underdogs in a hibs v hearts final.

Hibercelona
12-03-2012, 03:04 PM
I think that a Hibs v Hearts final would be great, I would be ****ting myself but it would be great.

If they win, they get to brag at us about how we have not won it since 1902, nothing new there. They get to brag about pumping us out of said up, nothing new there (4-0 a few years ago says it all)

IF WE WIN, they will be on the verge of suicde there is nothing to hold over us any more, nothing at all.

Basically if they were to win the cup against us its business as usual, if we win it turns everything on its head. We would be massive underdogs in a hibs v hearts final.

Sorry, but it would be utterly devastating if they were to beat us.

The semi was bad enough, but to come within touching distance of the cup, only to be beaten by THEM, I don't think i'd ever live it down.

JimBHibees
12-03-2012, 03:07 PM

The semi was bad enough, but to come within touching distance of the cup, only to be beaten by THEM, I don't think i'd ever live it down.

I think I would rather take the chance than not. In a one off game we are more than capable of winning and who better to beat than Hearts. Would be the best day ever.

zlatan
12-03-2012, 03:09 PM
Am I right in saying that st mirren are the only team left in the cup that we've beaten this season?

Only team left that a Hibs player has scored against this season as well.

JimBHibees
12-03-2012, 03:10 PM
Only team left that a Hibs player has scored against this season as well.

Scored against Celtc in the league cup also.

woody47
12-03-2012, 03:29 PM
Not sure if the heart could take it BUT with bragging rights til the end of time, who wouldn't really want it? Empty seats, 110 years, blah blah blah would disappear overnight as there woiuld be NOTHING they could say that would matter :greengrin

SlickShoes
12-03-2012, 04:18 PM

I think the semi was pretty much as bad as it could get, I turned up that day, saw the team and thought WTF is Zibi in goals for? Then Zibi happened, we had half a team out, we got someone sent off, there were loads of emtpy seats, hartley scored 3 and they went on to then win the cup.

The only way a final against them would be worse is if it finished 7-0 or more.

bawheid
12-03-2012, 04:23 PM
The pressure would all be on them. For once on derby day, the whole of HMFC - players and fans - would be utterly sh***ing themselves.

Half our team is on loan and doesn't give a Donald Duck about 110 years or what Buffallo Bill was doing.

We'd have them I'm sure of it. Hope it happens.

zlatan
12-03-2012, 04:29 PM
Scored against Celtc in the league cup also.

That was also an OG.

Stan the Man
12-03-2012, 05:16 PM

100% CORRECT!!

A copy of the above should be issued with every season book and match ticket until we all get that in to our heads.

The only thing worse than getting pumped at hampden by them was the acceptance that we were going to pumped before the first whistle had even gone.

I do think thet Fenlons focus on having a winning mentality is beginning to filter through the team and the fans.

Bring them on!!!!

mikeyriley
12-03-2012, 05:38 PM
For gods sake no. I know that I will get shouted at by everyone on here :greengrin but a defeat in that would be horrific, unthinkable, utterly distroying. Yes we could win and that would be the best feeling ever and a moment of a lifetime. But I just think that their record against us and the fact they always seem to raise their game and we don't would mean they would beat us.

Wouldnt stand anymore of a chance against Celtic

hfc rd
12-03-2012, 10:56 PM
We haven't won the cup since 1902, we get reminded of it on a daily basis by those yam fuds.

Imagine if it was Hearts, that were the losing finalists to the first Hibs team in 110 years to win the Scottish cup.

No doubt, however long you have supported the Hibs. If we were to beat them in the final, it would be ranked as the greatest Hibs victory of all time.

Sir David Gray
12-03-2012, 11:04 PM
The thought of losing to Hearts in the final of the Scottish Cup sends chills down my spine.

Part/Time Supporter
13-03-2012, 09:58 AM
The pressure would all be on them. For once on derby day, the whole of HMFC - players and fans - would be utterly sh***ing themselves.

Half our team is on loan and doesn't give a Donald Duck about 110 years or what Buffallo Bill was doing.

We'd have them I'm sure of it. Hope it happens.

Say the following results happen:

Hearts beat St. Mirren
Hibs beat Aberdeen
Celtic beat Hearts

I bet half the reaction on kickback would be along the lines of "well, at least it means the Hobos have less chance of winning the big cup". They hate Hibs more than they love their own team and would be absolutely bricking it at the thought of the run ending.

Diclonius
13-03-2012, 10:42 AM
If we win it our chant of choice for every derby until the end of time has to be "We've not won the big cup since 2012" or for the first season, "Tell all the Hearts you know it's no years in a row".

Alex Trager
13-03-2012, 10:58 AM

This could not be put ANY better. Every time i argue with a yam AND hibby's i never know how to say what i want to say. But now i know everything this is theeee best way i've ever heard it all summed up. SO spot on. YOU sir, are a lyricsist.

PatHead
14-03-2012, 10:40 AM
Been speaking to a number of Hearts fans since the draw was made. The majority of them are saying that if Hibs beat Aberdeen they would rather lose to Celtic on the Sunday than face us in the final. They simply could not take losing to Hibs in the Scottish Cup final. (Their words not mine)

This is a massive turnaround as these arrogant bassas never ever consider losing to us. I can't remember Hearts fans ever dreading a derby.
Personally I think us not winning the cup means more to them than it does to us.

:flag::flag:All I can say is BRING IT ON:flag::flag:

Frazerbob
14-03-2012, 11:05 AM
A Hibs v Hearts SC final would probably be my last ever football match.

Win and that's it, we have peaked. We will never get anywhere near the same feeling again. What would be the point in carrying on?

Lose and the hurt would be so bad that I couldn't face another game, especially not against them.

Do I want it.......hell yeh, bring them on! :flag: