PDA

View Full Version : What a boost that will be!

Hibbyradge
11-03-2012, 05:01 PM
Had we drawn Celtic, we would have been disappointed and expecting the worst, the players included.

If St Mirrem/Yams been drawn out, nerves would have been terrible and Saturday's game would have taken on even more significance for both clubs. Hearts would have been even more up for it than usual, and we all know what that means.

However, we actually have a chance to get to the final so the draw should be a huge boost for the players. Plus, the Yam players might be a bit downhearted that they have to play Celtic, if they win in Paisley.)

Against my better judgement, I'm actually quite excited!

(Aberdeen will get a boost from drawing us too, unfortunately, as we're statistically the weakest team left.)

Liam89
11-03-2012, 05:02 PM
This is the year! We'll beat Aberdeen and Celtic will get complacent against us in the final, can't wait!

greenlex
11-03-2012, 05:09 PM
I am actually Buzzin here. I cannae sit down.:thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
11-03-2012, 05:12 PM
It's our best chance in years no doubt.

**** the usual pessimistic nonsense. I believe we can do it.

Hibbyradge
11-03-2012, 05:15 PM
This is the year! We'll beat Aberdeen and Celtic will get complacent against us in the final, can't wait!

We need to keep improving between now and April if we're going to beat either of those teams.

lyonhibs
11-03-2012, 05:16 PM
Absolutely the draw I wanted - two big supports with no Huns, Tims or Jambos in sight, a sunny April day in Glasgow, 3-1 Hibs.

Job done.

hibsbollah
11-03-2012, 05:19 PM
I remember going through to a hampden semi vs the sheep confident we'd turn them over, and we got beat 2-1. 8 years ago maybes?

Saying that, its a great draw, no argument. Stevenson suspended but Soares will slot in fine.

SteveHFC
11-03-2012, 05:21 PM
I remember going through to a hampden semi vs the sheep confident we'd turn them over, and we got beat 2-1. 8 years ago maybes?

Saying that, its a great draw, no argument. Stevenson suspended but Soares will slot in fine.

It was 12 years when Andy Dow scored the winner for the Sheep :rolleyes:

snooky
11-03-2012, 05:23 PM
As far as the cup is concerned, can we all make a conscious effort to focus on beating Aberdeen and not jump any guns.
Thank you
Mr Denny Hexit :paranoid:

Mikey_1875
Both Hibs and Aberdeen will be ecstatic with the draw. Two teams with potentially big crowds will be a cracking semi final. This is a huge chance for us now though can't wait!

Pretty Boy

After Latapy has scored a great goal to put us 1 up as well.

HibeeSince85
11-03-2012, 05:24 PM

Yup, we gave Andy Dow the freedom of hampden that day iirc.

Mon Hibs, get our revenge and win us this bloody cup, excited about this draw!

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-03-2012, 05:25 PM
Absolutely the draw I wanted - two big supports with no Huns, Tims or Jambos in sight, a sunny April day in Glasgow, 3-1 Hibs.

Job done.

I'm sure the Gers muppets will make Aberdeen and Hibs very welcome @ Central Station again!

hibsbollah
11-03-2012, 05:26 PM

Ah OK. When you get to my age dates and times all get a bit wobbly :greengrin:

CropleyWasGod
11-03-2012, 05:27 PM
I'm sure the Gers muppets will make Aberdeen and Hibs very welcome @ Central Station again!

Since most of us will be going through Queen Street, they'll be fighting amongst themselves :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-03-2012, 05:28 PM
Train to Hampden leaves from Central!

killie-hibby
11-03-2012, 05:30 PM

Was on a Sunday night with, if I remember correctly, a crowd of about 10000 or less.

Onion
11-03-2012, 05:31 PM
After Latapy has scored a great goal to put us 1 up as well.

Remember that well. Hibs RB went off in the first half with a previous injury - McLeish was livid. A game we should have won.

CropleyWasGod
11-03-2012, 05:33 PM
Train to Hampden leaves from Central!

Ach ok.... Im goin by car then :greengrin

R'Albin
11-03-2012, 05:34 PM
I never realised until today that despite the fact Aberdeen are unbeaten in 14, only 5 were wins and three were against Morton, Queen of the South and Dunfermline :agree:

Iggy Pope
11-03-2012, 05:35 PM
Was on a Sunday night with, if I remember correctly, a crowd of about 10000 or less.

Andy Dow anyone?

Leith Green
11-03-2012, 05:38 PM

Na, well over 20k at that one, Hibs bout 17k an Dons bout 6k .... Was a sunday 6pm game

Hibbyradge
11-03-2012, 05:41 PM
I actually meant this draw could be a real boost to our league form.

Bring on the merricks!

Pretty Boy
11-03-2012, 05:45 PM
I actually meant this draw could be a real boost to our league form.

Bring on the merricks!

Thou shalt not question outbreaks of spontaneous positivity on Hibs.net regardless of context!

Jim44
11-03-2012, 06:34 PM
Had we drawn Celtic, we would have been disappointed and expecting the worst, the players included.

If St Mirrem/Yams been drawn out, nerves would have been terrible and Saturday's game would have taken on even more significance for both clubs. Hearts would have been even more up for it than usual, and we all know what that means.

However, we actually have a chance to get to the final so the draw should be a huge boost for the players. Plus, the Yam players might be a bit downhearted that they have to play Celtic, if they win in Paisley.)

Against my better judgement, I'm actually quite excited!

(Aberdeen will get a boost from drawing us too, unfortunately, as we're statistically the weakest team left.)

By the time the semis come round, we might just have won a couple of league games and, while I think we will still certainly be underdogs, Aberdeen might not be as confident as they will be feeling tonight. The draw couldn't have been more favourable, so I hope we cash in on it.