PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather play the yams in the semis or the final?

Sean1875
11-03-2012, 12:44 PM
Hypothetic situation as obviously im keeping my fingers crossed Saints can do the business, but if Hearts do make it through and we were to meet them in one or the other, which would you prefer?

Would be semis for me, im naturally very pessimistic when it comes to derbys and the prospect of losing to them in a SC final would just be too much :rolleyes:

Dashing Bob S
11-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Hypothetic situation as obviously im keeping my fingers crossed Saints can do the business, but if Hearts do make it through and we were to meet them in one or the other, which would you prefer?

Would be semis for me, im naturally very pessimistic when it comes to derbys and the prospect of losing to them in a SC final would just be too much :rolleyes:

Desperately want to play the Yams in the cup, and I'd much rather have them in the final. Would rather have them in the semi than miss them, but the final for me, without a doubt.

joe breezy
11-03-2012, 12:47 PM
I'd like to knock them out in the semi

lucky
11-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Semi, could not handle a final loss to them. But a win would be the win of all wins

Keith_M
11-03-2012, 12:52 PM
'Neither' would be my prefererred option but voted for the final, cos at least we would actually fill our end of the stadium and not give them an advantage before a ball has been kicked.

Actually, my preferred opposition in the final would be St Johnstone.

EDIT: Or even St Mirren, the team that ARE actually still in the competition

:embarrass

Dashing Bob S
11-03-2012, 12:53 PM
As it's looking like 10 man United won't beat Celtic, I'd rather have the Yams play them in the semi. Assuming we win our semi v Well/Dons, if we face Yams, we get to defeat them in an all-Edin SC final. If we face Smeltic, then we're in Europe whatever happens.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Rather meet them in the final. In the current climate where we are more or less being told by the footie " experts", " don't you dare think about football without the Old Firm", I can't think of a better reply that a showpiece 52,OOO sell out game that doesn't have the stench of either of them.

frazeHFC
11-03-2012, 01:23 PM
I wouldn't cope with a final against them, win or lose, for completely different reasons! :greengrin

Westie1875
11-03-2012, 01:26 PM
I'd rather play St Mirren :wink:

hfc rd
11-03-2012, 01:28 PM
Either. Like I said in other threads. I fear no one. If we want hibs to win the cup and if that means getting hearts, celtic, dundee utd, in the semi or the final then bring them on.

Hibercelona
11-03-2012, 01:33 PM
Makes no odds.

It would feel as good/hurt as bad all the same.

Ozyhibby
11-03-2012, 01:45 PM
'Neither' would be my prefererred option but voted for the final, cos at least we would actually fill our end of the stadium and not give them an advantage before a ball has been kicked.

Actually, my preferred opposition in the final would be St Johnstone.

The reason we did not sell out that day was more to do with the clubs idiotic decision( advocated by many on here) to limit ticket purchases to one per season ticket rather than lack of interest among Hibs support.
I know more than a few folk who didn't bother going because they could not sit with friends.

joe breezy
11-03-2012, 01:47 PM
I'm thinking the final now as that would mean that Celtic are out...

At the moment looks like they're through and can't see Hibs beating them

NAE NOOKIE
11-03-2012, 01:59 PM
The reason we did not sell out that day was more to do with the clubs idiotic decision( advocated by many on here) to limit ticket purchases to one per season ticket rather than lack of interest among Hibs support.
I know more than a few folk who didn't bother going because they could not sit with friends.

Totally agree with that. Probably the dumbest decision our board have ever made, anybody who seriously thinks we couldnt have sold all our tickets would have to justify that against the huge crowds we have taken to Hampden for finals in the last decade.

As for getting the Yams in the semi or final ( should we make it ) I would rather not get them at all, its taken me years to get over the last debacle and I seriously think I couldnt handle another one.

Having said that .... beating the Yams in a Scottish Cup final would eclipse anything this club has done since 1875 But if we did play them in a final I would probably be in the Royal Edinburgh before the second half was oot.

Hibrandenburg
11-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Want Hearts out of the cup before they even get a sniff of a Hampden pay day. The earlier they exit the cup the better.

QMU-1875
11-03-2012, 02:06 PM
As Paddy Fenlon says, us fans need to stop fearing any club, especially that mob. Would take them in either the semi or the final, complete confidence that with these new signings starting to click we can beat any side out with the old firm on our day! Bring on hampden 'mon the hibees!

:pfgwa

11-03-2012, 02:24 PM
Semi, could not handle a final loss to them. But a win would be the win of all wins

:agree: getting beat by them at hampden would be agonising enough without them lifting a trophy after it!

But to beat them in the final to finally lift the Scottish cup after 110 years would be an absolute dream come true and would really stick it to them!

Hibbyradge
11-03-2012, 02:29 PM
Given that St Mirren is the only team left in the competition that we've beaten since April 2011, I hope we draw them.

Col2
11-03-2012, 02:40 PM
But to beat them in the final to finally lift the Scottish cup after 110 years would be an absolute dream come true and would really stick it to them!

It would be the ultimate, never to be beaten achievement which to be honest would make the future years following Hibs - result wise pointless but pleasure wise unbeatable!!

Jones28
11-03-2012, 02:44 PM
Imagine beating them in the final, would be the best Hibs result EVER :thumbsup:

That being said, putting them out and getting revenge for THAT semi final would be very sweet indeed :flag:

SteveHFC
11-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Imagine beating them in the final, would be the best Hibs result in the club's history :thumbsup:

Sorted that for you :wink:

--------
11-03-2012, 02:47 PM
Semi-final - deprives the unwashed of a day out at Hampden.

Not bothered, though. If we were to lose to them, it really doesn't matter which round; when we beat them, likewise.

Whichever, it's about time we gave them a doing. :cb

Stevo1875
11-03-2012, 02:49 PM
final - cos that would mean we either beat celtic in the semi final or we avoid them completely.

:flag::flag:

erskine-hibby
11-03-2012, 03:19 PM
Given that St Mirren is the only team left in the competition that we've beaten since April 2011, I hope we draw them.

:agree::agree:

Brebners Bookie
11-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Want m'well/ Aberdeen in the semis. That way if we get through we would either get St mirren who we should be beating, Celtic that would mean we are in europe (i think?), or THEM which would be Hibs' greatest ever victory.

Sir David Gray
11-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Semi final.

Couldn't handle playing them in a Scottish Cup final. The nerves would be shot to pieces!