PDA

View Full Version : SPL 10 - No Shared Gate Money

Keith_M
11-03-2012, 12:37 PM
According the BBC (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17329133), The SPL 10 are not pursuing the avenue of sharing gate money, although they are wanting a more equal share of money (presumably TV).

IMHO, that's the sensible way to go. I'm not sure about the SPL II though, which has been mentioned a few times.

joe breezy
11-03-2012, 12:41 PM
I hate the Old Firm but without them there wouldn't be any significant TV money. Nobody outside Scotland bar a few ex pats cares about Scottish football

Sammy7nil
11-03-2012, 12:48 PM
I hate the Old Firm but without them there wouldn't be any significant TV money. Nobody outside Scotland bar a few ex pats cares about Scottish football

Would that be a bad thing ?

We would find our place in football it may not be held in high esteem, so what !

We would not have to pay inflated wages to below average players trying to keep up with Jones's.

The only issue for me is it came too late as there is no way we need a 21000 all seated stadium

joe breezy
11-03-2012, 12:51 PM

We would find our place in football it may not be held in high esteem, so what !

We would not have to pay inflated wages to below average players trying to keep up with Jones's.

The only issue for me is it came too late as there is no way we need a 21000 all seated stadium

Personally I'd like there to be some kind of access for Hibs to a better standard of football...

Not sure how that can happen, a British competition would suit me as I live in London but maybe some kind of pan Euro thing

Haymaker
11-03-2012, 12:56 PM
If the deal goes down, maybe hibs should look at.developing hibs tv for those expats and foreign fans? We pay hibs direct for what we want, hibs games, hibs commentary, hibs interviews. Wouldn't be too hard, link it up with the university for the techy work and free staff.

Sammy7nil
11-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Personally I'd like there to be some kind of access for Hibs to a better standard of football...

Not sure how that can happen, a British competition would suit me as I live in London but maybe some kind of pan Euro thing

A British league would be good but the EPL and Championship are doing too well and would not want Scottish teams in their leagues.. Would you like to play against League 1 and 2 teams ? Personally I would quite like it if there was the opportunity to progress. The game is dying we need change things. With that option the away supporters would get a raw deal would it be worth it longterm ? who knows? You could keep the Scottish and FA cups exclusive to maintain roots.

Saorsa
11-03-2012, 01:23 PM
I hate the Old Firm but without them there wouldn't be any significant TV money. Nobody outside Scotland bar a few ex pats cares about Scottish footballWho cares, I'd rather have 3pm Saturday KO's and the auld sportscene highlights package.

and if we could get rid of the OF ****, so much the better.

SouthEnglandHib
11-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Playing in leagues one/two scotts clubs would lose too much money, wouldn't be worth it, fan bases are too small!

Hibercelona
11-03-2012, 01:30 PM

Whats the point having a "better standard" when you've got nowt to play for each and every season? :confused:

And if I recall correctly, our best standard of players have came though our youth system, not from the scraps that we feed off the OF.

If you think about every aspect of the game and not just the TV money, you'll see that theres no real advantage to having the OF in the league. They don't exactly improve the game in Scotland in any way.

cad
11-03-2012, 01:37 PM

If Scotland doesnt bother about Scottish football Joe then hell mend them , the situation we have just now is the people that run Scottish football dont care about Scottish football ,thats the ****** point .

Celtic ,Rangers Sky are Scottish football to them , and we hold on to them like bairn at a tit , time to come of it get some solids ,grow a pair and tell them tae get tae.

Celtic , Rangers Sky , The 3 Witches Of Power are the problem if you don't clear that out you've no chance because THEY DONT WANT TO CHANGE ,
the only reason we are talking about change is because Rangers ****** up big time cheating ,greed, deception, manipulation were just a normal day at the office ,and still people want to consider , involving these destroyers of Scottish football a place among the rest of us who`s clubs and supporters they have shafted for years ,how hard a kick in the nuts does it take before people realise enoughs enough .

Do you remember this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHkKrNLvHrM&feature=related

we should have won that cup, and thats the bottom line they've got away with it for years ,think about every trophy Rangers have won in the last 10/12 years think about the rest of the teams who have lost mega bucks , been relegated ,missed out on Euro trips , all because of the Scottish system and how its set up,
**** them ,**** Sky and **** The 3 Witches ,somebody should be ringing a big ****** bell to wake everybody up ,
if not like Private Frazer said "We`re DOOMED "

Bit melodramatic I know , but I feel better

:furious:

GGTTH

Hibercelona
11-03-2012, 01:47 PM
If Scotland doesnt bother about Scottish football Joe then hell mend them , the situation we have just now is the people the run Scottish football dont care about Scottish football ,thats the ****** point .

Celtic ,Rangers Sky are Scottish football to them , and we hold on to them like bairn at a tit , time to come of it get some solids ,grow a pair and tell them tae get tae.

Celtic , Rangers Sky , The 3 Witches Of Power are the problem if you don't clear that out you've no chance because THEY DONT WANT TO CHANGE ,
the only reason we are talking about change is because Rangers ****** up big time cheating ,greed, deception, manipulation were just a normal day at the office ,and still people want to consider , involving these destroyers of Scottish football a place among the rest of us who`s clubs and supporters they have shafted for years ,how hard a kick in the nuts does it take before people realise enoughs enough .

Do you remember this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHkKrNLvHrM&feature=related

we should have won that cup, and thats the bottom line they've got away with it for years ,think about every trophy Rangers have won in the last 10/12 years think about the rest of the teams who have lost mega bucks , been relegated ,missed out on Euro trips , all because of the Scottish system and how its set up,
**** them ,**** Sky and **** The 3 Witches ,somebody should be ringing a big ****** bell to wake everybody up ,
if not like Private Frazer said "We`re DOOMED "

Bit melodramatic I know , but I feel better

:furious:

GGTTH

:agree:

If we some how make it to the final this season (assuming we don't get Celtic in the semi), you can bet your house, car and wife on us being cheated out of it in some way or another against Celtic this time.

--------
11-03-2012, 02:09 PM

I think there may well be changes coming along in the way UEFA runs things. Scotland isn't the only country experiencing problems, and the iudea of leagues drawing teams from more than one nation isn't going away. Even the possibility of "British" league set-up with the present SPL teams playing against English/Welsh/Irish opposition isn't entirely outrageous, and in such a set-up the present capacity of ER would certainly be needed.

I don't think the present set-up can survive too much longer, TBH, and I've suspected for some time that STF and RP might well have had that at the back of their minds when they pushed throught the stadium rebuild. If a radical league re-organisation were to occur, Hibs would be in a reasonable position to take advantage of it, unlike a number of other SPL clubs whose grounds would almost certainly fail to meet basic standards of spectator comfort and safety. You just need to think of the standard of grounds in the lower divisions of the Football league to see what I mean - nobody would be allowed to get away with the sort of cramped, asbestos-ridden hen-coops you see in the SPL. I think it would be a no-brainer that Tynecastle, Fir Park, Pittodrie, and the Caledonian would all fail to meet minimum standards for varying reasons.

For most of my Hibs-supporting life Easter Road has been a much bigger stadium than Hibs have strictly needed - 40,000 plus standing capacity in the 1960's; 20,000 plus in the 1970's and early 80's? About the only time we had a stadium whose capacity matched our average crowds was after we built the North and South Stands, but before the West went up. IIRC the capacity was about 14,800 then. What we have now is a stadium that meets the normal, expected standards in Western European football leagues, the basic minimum required to stay in business long-term, IMO.

CropleyWasGod
11-03-2012, 02:15 PM
:agree:

If we some how make it to the final this season (assuming we don't get Celtic in the semi), you can bet your house, car and wife on us being cheated out of it in some way or another against Celtic this time.

That's Celtc-style paranoia.

Cocaine&Caviar
11-03-2012, 02:15 PM

So if it was a non OF league, and it was the last day of the season title decider between ourselves and Hearts, you couldnt see it being a sell out?

And what about the forthcoming internationals? or the Iceland game, although it may not be filled 80% of the time, its worth having the extra capacity for the other 20%.

NAE NOOKIE
11-03-2012, 02:36 PM
To be honest Hibs wont lose out too much from that decison, we probably do better out of the current state of affairs.

I do think an SPL 1 and 2 is the way to go 16 and 12 or 14 and 14 That way we get somewhere to relegate the current buns to which would keep me and a lot of other folk happy.

What we do need in Scotland is a way to find finance that will allow certain clubs to bring their facilities up to scratch.

I know the argument is that a lot of clubs have competed on the park by neglecting things off it, but I think for the good of the game we need to overlook that in order to try to improve things for supporters. Anybody who was at Somerset Park yesterday would have been stunned by just what a dump it is and there are a lot of grounds in this country the same.

Derek Riordan said that one of the things that depressed him about the SPL was looking behind the goals and seeing a load of houses or a shopping centre.

When you look at ICT and Falkirk with half finished grounds and the state of one side of Dens park this is something we need to look at. We also need some imagination in design. Look at St Mirren Park a 5 year old kid with a box of Lego could have done better and who's idea was the huge gaps between the stands. When you design a football ground you should be thinking about atmosphere, you wouldnt design a concert hall without acoustics being a huge part of your thinking would you.

We need to get the government scottish or UK to help more with this. I used to think that taxpayers money shouldnt be used for professional sports clubs, but when I found out that they are spending £80,000,000 on the opening ceremony at the Olympics thats right £80,000,000 for a 3 hour show I thought, ye gods think of how our football would benefit from half that, not to mention the construction jobs it would bring.

Hibercelona
11-03-2012, 02:53 PM
That's Celtc-style paranoia.

Aye, i'm paranoid. Theres no bias in the Scottish game what so ever. :rolleyes:

CropleyWasGod
11-03-2012, 03:01 PM
Aye, i'm paranoid. Theres no bias in the Scottish game what so ever. :rolleyes:

I didn't say that.

I disagreed with your assertion that, if we get them in the final, we will be cheated out of the Cup.