PDA

View Full Version : Claros what do ...............

Sammy7nil
11-03-2012, 10:19 AM
Claros what do you think?

I was not there yesterday and have only seen him 3 times, I have not been overly impressed.
There is No doubt he can play football but for me he just does not get involved enough, he can appear to go missing for long periods of the game.

I am not having a pop as he is a player I just wondered what others think of his overall contribution.

erin-go-bragh87
11-03-2012, 10:22 AM
I brink he's a cut above anything else we have, I also think he makes players around him perform better as he can put his foot on the ball and slow the game down a bit letting the midfield re-group.

I think he will be extremely important next week as we will need someone with a bit of experience and composure in the middle of the park.

Pretty Boy
11-03-2012, 10:22 AM
Keeps it simple, rarely gives the ball away, gets stuck in when he has to without going flying into tackles needlessly, can pick out a special pass when its on.

He'll do for me.

Broken Gnome
11-03-2012, 10:28 AM
He's rarely more than five yards away anytime Osborne's on the ball. Always offering and good in possession; the type you might not notice for a full 90 minutes but we'd miss him if he wasn't there. A lot.

Elephant Stone
11-03-2012, 10:30 AM
He's composed, skillful, a good passer and a hard worker. I'd like to see him stay on the ball a bit more though, he tends to pass rather than take the ball forward which is frustrating for someone who looks like they're more than capable of doing it, it looks as though he's been asked to play deep though so it's probably tactical. He'll probably look even better as he adjusts to the game here so hopefully there are exciting things to come.

Sammy7nil
11-03-2012, 10:32 AM
Good to hear guys the games I saw maybe he was still settling in.

We had another player who rarely gave the ball away, kept it very simple and could slow the game down.
That was an auld Murdo McLeod I think we maybe won a cup when he was here :wink::greengrin:greengrin:agree: can we do it again :aok:

Billy Whizz
11-03-2012, 10:33 AM
Definitely a good player, but still lacking match fitness and the tempo of the Scottish game.
Had a great 1st half yesterday but disappeared in the 2nd

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-03-2012, 10:52 AM
On a bad day he is like a good Kevin McBride. On a good day I suspect he belongs in a better team than ours, but right now he is our player so we should take advantage of that. Not sure that where he is playing just now is where he is used to playing but he looks composed and looks for a pass rather than a hoof.

Reaper
11-03-2012, 10:56 AM
In fairness, after we got the second goal, I thought most of the team went missing and took the foot off the gas. Honduran football is slower paced and more expansive and it'll take time for him to adjust, not three or four games. The main thing is, he's a good player, neat, tidy, doesn't seem to misplace many balls and his positional sense is very good. At the minute, Hibs don't play through him very much but that'll come with more confidence, lots to lok forward to I suspect.

BroxburnHibee
11-03-2012, 10:56 AM
I thought he played well yesterday and no way have we seen the best of him yet

frazeHFC
11-03-2012, 11:23 AM
Been quality last few games, really like him. :thumbsup:

ancient hibee
11-03-2012, 11:37 AM
By far the most technically accomplished player in the squad.Appears bemused at playing with players who do not take up proper positions for return passes or when they do are unable to control the ball.

truehibernian
11-03-2012, 11:52 AM
Tidy, effective, keeps possession well and rarely misplaces a pass. In a Makalele type role which has seen Osbourne and Soares get forward more to link up with forwards (and score). Given he has limited English his progress has been quite superb, coming into a side low in confidence, half the team all new, and no real team relationship with the players. And it's no surprise that he is bringing out the best in wee Lewis too......playing beside better players makes you a better player yourself. McPake/Kujabi and Hanlon is another example of this.

The spine of the team looks more resilient and workmanlike.

What was noticeable yesterday was that from the first whistle they chased and harried, all wanting the ball. Similar to last week against St Mirren. His are pressing teams and making them play the ball quicker, not giving them time to settle. This means that Claros, Stevenson and Osbourne are seeing a lot more of the ball in games. Compare possession stats under a Calderwood team and a Fenlon team......I think it's night and day.

All of PF's signings in January have had a positive impact on the side and I'm impressed how well he and the management team have done to get them gelled and hitting the ground running.

Spike Mandela
11-03-2012, 01:17 PM
I tend to agree with the OP in that Claros never seems to do very much in a game. His passing is tidy enough but yesterday he never seemed to have any significant impact in the game.

Maybe he is the Hibs classic of the guy who does the unseen work in which case I never seen it.

Still I agree our overall performances have improved since the new players.

Jonnyboy
11-03-2012, 10:23 PM
By far the most technically accomplished player in the squad.Appears bemused at playing with players who do not take up proper positions for return passes or when they do are unable to control the ball.

This :agree:

I find it quite interesting that many of the attributes rightly listed in this thread could also apply to Lewis and yet there are still some who say he's not good enough :confused:

Scouse Hibee
11-03-2012, 10:30 PM
This :agree:

I find it quite interesting that many of the attributes rightly listed in this thread could also apply to Lewis and yet there are still some who say he's not good enough :confused:

Lewis is that good that the Stevenson role should now be recognised in the same vein as the Matty Jack role :agree:

007 Mickey Weir
11-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Has he filled the Matty Jack role?

007 Mickey Weir
11-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Lewis is that good that the Stevenson role should now be recognised in the same vein as the Matty Jack role :agree:

Great minds

hfc rd
11-03-2012, 10:50 PM
He's a much better player than the ones we had before i.e. Scott, Palsson, Thornhill.

Hibbylad86
11-03-2012, 10:52 PM
Solid player whose best work will go unnoticed. He has been quality the last few games, more to come though. Better than we have had in recent past

frazeHFC
12-03-2012, 01:42 AM
It's a shame Ozzy is out on Sunday. Him, Claros and Stevenson have been great recently.

Titch
12-03-2012, 08:08 AM
He sprays 40/50 yard passes about effortlessly looks a class player to me:not worth

JimBHibees
12-03-2012, 10:08 AM
Positional play is very good as he reads the game well and also has decent passing ability both short adn long. He isnt the most athletic in the world however is a big player for Hibs and will only get better with more games. The derby will be a wake up call for him however think he will do well.

aljo7-0
12-03-2012, 10:37 AM
Class.

I've used that word a few times when he has played - so much so that my 8 year old daughter has corrected me a couple of times by pointing out his name is Claros and not Class. I've just told her that the "ro" in Spanish are silent - like the "k" in "know" in English - and its pronounced Class. She accepted that quite happily but I'm feeling slightly guilty now as I'm pretty sure she's going to end up correcting someone at school with the "fact" on Spanish pronunciation that her Dad has told her. Ho hum.

Baker9
12-03-2012, 11:55 AM
He's rarely more than five yards away anytime Osborne's on the ball. Always offering and good in possession; the type you might not notice for a full 90 minutes but we'd miss him if he wasn't there. A lot.

Unseen work alert! :greengrin

GREEN WARLORD
12-03-2012, 02:30 PM
What he does in games is very tidy, however i think there could be more penetration into opposition defences, if he was played a further 10 -15 yards up field. He can certainly pick a pass, so lets see more defence spliting ones with the likes of Griffiths hitting the channels. Get it sorted Pat :wink:

blackpoolhibs
12-03-2012, 03:08 PM
What he does in games is very tidy, however i think there could be more penetration into opposition defences, if he was played a further 10 -15 yards up field. He can certainly pick a pass, so lets see more defence spliting ones with the likes of Griffiths hitting the channels. Get it sorted Pat :wink:

Funny you say that, i think playing that bit deeper is one of the reasons we are looking a bit more solid at the back. :greengrin

Andy74
12-03-2012, 03:19 PM
Funny you say that, i think playing that bit deeper is one of the reasons we are looking a bit more solid at the back. :greengrin

Agree. Even then though Claros will probably click one day that if he just kept the ball himself and took people on he'd get away with it here.

PatHead
12-03-2012, 03:28 PM
Impressed enough with him. Think there is still a bit more to come as he can pick a pass as many others have said. Think the team has stiffened up in midfield since his arrival. Just need the team to find the back of the net more often with the better defence and midfield. We are a better team which hasn't been reflected in results yet.

Hibby Kay-Yay
12-03-2012, 05:48 PM
I like the way we've progressed. Get tight and stay tight at the back. Close down more in midfield and frustrate the opponent. Create more chances from open play. Be more clinical.

I believe we are at the create more/clinical stage and can't wait till it all clicks in place!

HibeeDaz6270
12-03-2012, 06:11 PM
His work off the ball is terrific. Always pressing the oposition. This alone has made a great difference to the team.

3pm
12-03-2012, 07:11 PM
Can't believe he's being questioned after some of the sh1** that have played centre mid in the last 5 years.

hibsbollah
12-03-2012, 07:23 PM
He's a much better player than the ones we had before i.e. Scott, Palsson, Thornhill.

Talk about damning a guy with faint praise :greengrin

GREEN WARLORD
13-03-2012, 11:02 AM

You are also correct in saying that, so for me it's a catch 22. I beleive we would have beaten St Mirren had there been more creativity further up the field. Personally i'd ditch Osborne and have Soares in the middle with Claros.

Andy74
13-03-2012, 11:07 AM
You are also correct in saying that, so for me it's a catch 22. I beleive we would have beaten St Mirren had there been more creativity further up the field. Personally i'd ditch Osborne and have Soares in the middle with Claros.

Ditching Osrborne would mean Soares on the right as Stevenson has been playing in the middle with Claros.

Soares would be more effective out wide for us I think.

Stevie Reid
13-03-2012, 12:05 PM
I said after the St. Mirren game that I felt that Claros looks like he is playing well within himself, but his class is obvious for all to see - his deeper lying role is clearly pivotal, but given the quality of his passing I would really like to see him advance more and try and provide the killer ball to our strikers/wide men. One thing I have noticed is the quality of the weight of his passes, almost always reaching their target but tempting enough to an opposition player for them to commit themselves to a challenge.

GREEN WARLORD
13-03-2012, 12:14 PM
Ditching Osrborne would mean Soares on the right as Stevenson has been playing in the middle with Claros.

Soares would be more effective out wide for us I think.

Is Soares fit for this weekend?

euro Hibby
13-03-2012, 12:30 PM
Most would seem to forget that a short time ago he was recovering from being shot in the head and the fact that he needs to adjust to a new country , new colleagues and a new style of play. Unfortunately I have not seen much of him, but we have a habit as fans for a big ask when really our road to recovery as a football team to better things is small steps and then the skies the limit if you look at the performance of some other teams around the world of late.....its good management which can make a hell of a difference !
We have done it off the park and lets hope we can take that now to the playing side !

Sammy7nil
18-03-2012, 03:49 PM
Lets hope he can improve totally failed to have any sort of impact on todays game.
He is tidy he makes short passes and fails to have any meaningful impact.

Squealing pig
18-03-2012, 08:18 PM
Can we try and sign players who have not been shot in the head, I mean seriously , must have affected his life/career to the extent he thought he could come pull on a hibs shirt, stroll through every game, easy money. Pitbull , I've seen a harder chuiwawa literally this thing could tackle.

FranckSuzy
18-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Can we try and sign players who have not been shot in the head, I mean seriously , must have affected his life/career to the extent he thought he could come pull on a hibs shirt, stroll through every game, easy money. Pitbull , I've seen a harder chuiwawa literally this thing could tackle.

:jamboid:

Sammy7nil
18-03-2012, 08:23 PM
:jamboid:

What do you disagree with in the post ?

The bit I don't like is about him being shot other that can,t really argue.

FranckSuzy
18-03-2012, 08:30 PM
What do you disagree with in the post ?

The bit I don't like is about him being shot other that can,t really argue.

Erm, completely ruling out a player's ability after a few games? Making reference to a life-threatening incident that happened to him and making the assumption that this has affected his footballing performance? :dunno: May have had an off day but who in the team actually got pass marks?

Steven_Hibs
18-03-2012, 09:28 PM
I rate Claros, I really do! Just needs decent players beside him!

SteveHFC
18-03-2012, 09:29 PM

:agree:

Sammy7nil
18-03-2012, 09:35 PM

Not having a dig but was he not meant to be the "decent" player brought in to help make others play better ? If he is looking for 3 or 4 quality players to come in and bring him on we have the wrong player because that aint gonna happen.

madabouthibs
18-03-2012, 09:41 PM
I'd play him directly behind the strikers, utilise the guys passing accuracy and timing. You can see the South American in him, he just needs a bit of time and a couple of decent performances from the players around him. Its as if our players don't know each other, or even talk to each other, they don't know what their team mates are doing or where they'll be at any given time. Watch the amount of times during a game that Claros is doing a 360 looking for options......

Mikey_1875
18-03-2012, 10:14 PM
Embarrassing attempt at a tackle for there second just seen it on the highlights. He has been not bad so far from what I have seen, obviously not lived up to the hype but an improvement on what we had and will definetely improve throughout his year loan I have no doubt.

blackpoolhibs
18-03-2012, 11:17 PM

We seem to have quite a few players in our team who need decent players beside them. Getting a wee bit fed up of that argument :confused:

I think Claros is decent, but today was not his best game.

lucky
18-03-2012, 11:24 PM
I thought he was terrible today. When he has a bit of time he looks decent. But the big games in the SPL just seem to pass him by. He looks really slow almost DeGraffe like.

Steven_Hibs
19-03-2012, 11:02 AM
Not having a dig but was he not meant to be the "decent" player brought in to help make others play better ? If he is looking for 3 or 4 quality players to come in and bring him on we have the wrong player because that aint gonna happen.

I see what you mean, but when he gets the ball and he's looking for a pass, there's naebody :confused: Whats he supposed to do. Needs Osbourne beside him, was a huge miss for yesterdays game.