PDA

View Full Version : Captain McPake

hugo boss
11-03-2012, 06:40 AM
Just wondering if the club are pulling out all the stop to get the "ROCK" on a permanent contract would just seem crazy to go looking for a centre half and possible captain at the end of the season....when we have him here at mo..........:flag::thumbsup:

soupy
11-03-2012, 06:59 AM
To think that some people thought that he should'nt have been given the armband cos "he was just in the door and only on loan"....

hugo boss
11-03-2012, 07:03 AM
To think that some people thought that he should'nt have been given the armband cos "he was just in the door and only on loan".... totally agree soupy IMO the big man has been the star for me even although he is not a hibs fans you can see after the games how much it means to him when we win

SlickShoes
11-03-2012, 07:22 AM
We should be pulling out all the stops to sign this guy in the summer, I don't know the last time we had a CH like this, Hanlon is definitely benefiting from playing along side him too.

Beefster
11-03-2012, 07:25 AM
The club should be doing what they can to get him permanently. Make him the highest paid player, give him Rodders' missus, gold toilet seats, the works.

A special player will drag the rest of them up towards his level (despite what some folk argued about other players being crap because they were playing with crap). McPake's done exactly that.

Reaper
11-03-2012, 07:45 AM
I agree the club should be doing all they can, the big positive for me is he looks really happy to be here, portrayed by his body language on the pitch and his interviews. The negative at the minute is we aren't safe from relegation and I think he'd have plenty offers from other clubs if Hibs went down, so he won't want to play in a lower division, so getting him to commit just now might be a bigger issue, plus if Coventry get relegated he may be one they want to keep for League 1???? (Hopefully as I said though, he won't want to play there)

down-the-slope
11-03-2012, 07:50 AM
I was laughed at a few weeks back when I suggested that Hanlon was suffering due to having to cover for others..which was wasting a very good talent

Most of the replies suggested it was because he was C**p...I think now we have others at the back Like McPake and defensive sitters we can see what a real talent we have in Paul...no accident he is long term U21 Captain

I don't think either of them missed a header all match and threw themselves into everything. James is very vocal with those around them which has been needed for ages.

The biggest difference in recent weeks is suddenly we look tight and not likely to lose a goal from every set play...and also we are now making chances from our own..mainly down to Francombs delivery..

Hanllon was very unlucky not to score on a couple of occasions and both our goals were in fact set plays

7 Hills
11-03-2012, 07:57 AM
Absolutely, the club's top priority come next season is obviously to get this man signed up on a permanent deal and build the team from back to front around him - and I'm confident that Pat Fenlon will do this. For me, one of the most pleasing aspects of McPake's arrival is the way that he has helped Hanlon come on to a game - it's amazing how much the lad's improved alongside our new Captain!

Onion
11-03-2012, 08:08 AM
To think that some people thought that he should'nt have been given the armband cos "he was just in the door and only on loan"....

In fairness, a lot of people were right to question the decision - we knew little about him and it is rare at any level of football for a new man to walk in and take the captaincy. As it happens, he's been the perfect appoint. Leads by example, plays for the jersey, talks a lot to those around them (encouraging, not berating), looks totally committed to the club and is a vg player too. He's the CB we've been crying out for and should be doing all we can to get him on a permanent deal. Sadly, others with more money than us will be sniffing around in the summer.

Its no accident that Hibs look more solid/effective with a strong spine:Stack, McPake, Claros, CF.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-03-2012, 08:35 AM
Securing McPake is like a buy-one-get-one-free when it come to defenders. The one that comes free is the post McPake version of Hanlon.

Pretty Boy
11-03-2012, 08:41 AM
Securing McPake is like a buy-one-get-one-free when it come to defenders. The one that comes free is the post McPake version of Hanlon.

Unfortunately I have a nagging feeling Hanlon won't be here next season. He's our last real, sellable asset and we have a big hole in the budget to fill. Also think the guy might fancy testing himself at a higher level.

Keeping McPake is key though. The guy is class and looked like he would have run through walls yesterday. His turning to the fans after the 2nd goal and his reaction at full time showed what it meant to him.

O'Rourke3
11-03-2012, 09:08 AM
And we've BB to thank. Hearts had scouted him to replace Zal who they thought was leaving. Work beside someone who knows him and he'd like to make a move back to Scotland permanently. I think it'll come down to the division we are playing in and with him in the team and current form, looks like we'll still be where we are :greengrin.

Sammy7nil
11-03-2012, 09:26 AM

I think people were disappointed we had NO ONE in our squad able or capable to stand up in the dressing room and say "he is just in the door no way he should be captain I should" Our squad was so poor a loanee could walk in and take the armband and no one could argue.

As it happens it has worked out well with one or two or maybe three "blips".

Billy Whizz
11-03-2012, 09:28 AM
Unfortunately I have a nagging feeling Hanlon won't be here next season. He's our last real, sellable asset and we have a big hole in the budget to fill. Also think the guy might fancy testing himself at a higher level.

Keeping McPake is key though. The guy is class and looked like he would have run through walls yesterday. His turning to the fans after the 2nd goal and his reaction at full time showed what it meant to him.

I think a Scottish Cup Final appearance will fill most holes and the season tickets we sell on the back of it