PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Cup Win or Staying Up?

Hibercelona
11-03-2012, 01:48 AM
If you had to decide. :devil:

Scottish Cup for me everytime. :agree:

Steve20
11-03-2012, 03:21 AM
Stay up.

malcky
11-03-2012, 07:59 AM
If you had to decide. :devil:

Scottish Cup for me everytime. :agree:

I'd be happy to stay down for 2years get back to back Scottish cups then get promoted then I could die a happy man:flag::flag::flag:

Speedy
11-03-2012, 08:24 AM
Scottish cup, rangers can keep us up

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-03-2012, 08:28 AM
Stay up.

Hibernia&Alba
11-03-2012, 08:38 AM
This same question was posed a few days ago, and my view stays the same: stay up. 110 years or not, a club like Hibs must be in the SPL. The league is always more important and has to be top priority. Then there's the financial consequences of relegation and the fact that promotion wouldn't be guaranteed from what is a tough First Division. A club of our stature should be top six SPL, and I couldn't even savour a cup win after being relegated.

Keith_M
11-03-2012, 08:55 AM
Voted for win cup but completely confident we will actually stay up but lose the semi or final, as per.

Jim44
11-03-2012, 09:09 AM
Yet another poll with the identical question to which we know the answer will be ....................... two thirds want the cup and one third sensibly wants the club to survive at the highest Scottish level. But I'm biased.:greengrin It's a question of 'Do the Jambos sneer at us for being unsuccessful in the sprint and vagaries of the Cup competition (luck playing a huge part) or for being undisputably the most consistently poor team over a whole season (no place to hide).

SloopJB
11-03-2012, 09:22 AM
Yet another poll with the identical question to which we know the answer will be ....................... two thirds want the cup and one third sensibly wants the club to survive at the highest Scottish level. But I'm biased.:greengrin It's a question of 'Do the Jambos sneer at us for being unsuccessful in the sprint and vageries of the Cup competition (luck playing a huge part) or for being undisputably the most consistently poor team over a whole season (no place to hide).

:agree:
I don't have to choose.
Celtic will be favourites for the cup and, going by league form, rightly so.(But anything can happen I suppose)
Dunfermline are favourites for relegation but we are by no means clear.

Basically, I'm not playing this silly game:na na:

nonshinyfinish
11-03-2012, 10:05 AM
Both, obviously, but I voted for staying up.

Eyrie
11-03-2012, 10:25 AM
We would bounce back in one year under Fenlon, so relegation would be a temporary blip. But they could never take a Scottish Cup win away from us.

Jim44
11-03-2012, 10:39 AM
We would bounce back in one year under Fenlon, so relegation would be a temporary blip. But they could never take a Scottish Cup win away from us.

I don't understand the logic. If we're not good enough with Fenlon to avoid the drop before useless Dunfermline, we wouldn't necessarily come back up at the the first time of asking.

Eyrie
11-03-2012, 10:41 AM
He'll be rebuilding the squad in the summer, so won't be saddled with the inherited Calderduds.

That said, he's keeping us up anyway so the original question is irrelevant and we'll just have have to settle for both staying up and winning the Scottish Cup.

Pretty Boy
11-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Both but I voted staying up because long term It's more important.

I'm pretty confident we will stay up anyway, the cup run is a nice bonus this season.

The more I see and hear of Fenlon the more.confident I am he will have is in the later rounds of the cups on a regular basis.

Hibercelona
11-03-2012, 01:36 PM
Yet another poll with the identical question to which we know the answer will be ....................... two thirds want the cup and one third sensibly wants the club to survive at the highest Scottish level. But I'm biased.:greengrin It's a question of 'Do the Jambos sneer at us for being unsuccessful in the sprint and vagaries of the Cup competition (luck playing a huge part) or for being undisputably the most consistently poor team over a whole season (no place to hide).

Sorry, I missed the other one.

I suppose we'll be safe in any case. Like another poster said, Rangers would keep us up. :greengrin Assuming the 10 teams in the league have a back bone. :pray: