PDA

View Full Version : Over Zealous Stewarding and Police action at Ayr today

maturehibby
10-03-2012, 10:54 PM
At half time at the Hibs end a young fan dressed in a TuTu ran from one touchline to the other cheered on by the Hibs fans who were getting their kill at this action of the young man .
He then climbed in amongst the Hibs fans but was stopped by a Steward and grabbed by three other stewards who Frogmarched him along the perimiter and handed him over to the Police who promptly handcuffed the youngster ( a case of overkill) in my opinion and all around me who became incensed at the actions of the Police.
Another event happened during the break which had a far more serious potential and thePolice allowed it to happen without taking immediate action as a Ayr fan came up to the Hibs fans and started to wave a Union jack at them in an attempt to antagonise and inflame them .
He was allowed to get away with this action for a few minutes before the Police eventually told him to stop and allowed him to skulk away with no action being taken by them .
So the moral of this story is dont run across the park in a TuTu or you will get lifted and handcuffed but attempt to incite trouble and you can walk away scot free

Jamesie
10-03-2012, 10:59 PM
I see what you're saying but in this day and age you know the score when you run onto the pitch. Just hope Hibs don't get fined or anything like that because of that incident and the smoke bombs.

JE89
10-03-2012, 11:00 PM
At half time at the Hibs end a young fan dressed in a TuTu ran from one touchline to the other cheered on by the Hibs fans who were getting their kill at this action of the young man .
He then climbed in amongst the Hibs fans but was stopped by a Steward and grabbed by three other stewards who Frogmarched him along the perimiter and handed him over to the Police who promptly handcuffed the youngster ( a case of overkill) in my opinion and all around me who became incensed at the actions of the Police.
Another event happened during the break which had a far more serious potential and thePolice allowed it to happen without taking immediate action as a Ayr fan came up to the Hibs fans and started to wave a Union jack at them in an attempt to antagonise and inflame them .
He was allowed to get away with this action for a few minutes before the Police eventually told him to stop and allowed him to skulk away with no action being taken by them .
So the moral of this story is dont run across the park in a TuTu or you will get lifted and handcuffed but attempt to incite trouble and you can walk away scot free

Wasn't there today but the first incident the Police were spot on. Run on the pitch and you will get arrested. Simple as that.

The second was probably more a judgement call from the Police. What age was the guy? If youngish I can see why they left him in a 'daft young lad' fashion. Because it was a Union Jack it will get more attention but you could argue giving the fingers etc are attempts to 'incite trouble'.
IMO the security were correct in both cases.

Jones28
10-03-2012, 11:05 PM
FFS, the lad ran onto the pitch. He knows the rules, we all know the rules. Police can be OTT at times but they're villified far too often IMO.

Arresting someone for waving a flag would be over-zelous. At least he was told to stop and did so. Incidently, did his immature attmepts to antagonise the fans even work?

Jack
10-03-2012, 11:11 PM
Anyone that runs on to the pitch deserves all they get which will hopefully include a banning order front Easter Road. And anyone with a modicom of sense knows that's what will happen.

As for the other - aren't we a precious bunch at times!

monktonharp
10-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Wasn't there today but the first incident the Police were spot on. Run on the pitch and you will get arrested. Simple as that.

The second was probably more a judgement call from the Police. What age was the guy? If youngish I can see why they left him in a 'daft young lad' fashion. Because it was a Union Jack it will get more attention but you could argue giving the fingers etc are attempts to 'incite trouble'.
IMO the security were correct in both cases.I was there today,never noriced the flag incident, but consider that as inflammitary(is that a word?). the second incident,well,that was a laugh and any Hibby would agree wi' that. the guy had a paper mask on, cant remember who it was,possibly Craig White/ nevertheless it happened at half time,the teams were in, and the Hibs end had a real laugh at it. my mate mentioned later that the laddie had been handcuffed behind, which I thought was a real case of overkill. police should not really be able to make judgements on their own, some of them are big tall,well built, but extremely thick in the heid.

madabouthibs
10-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Tutu boy will probably get out tonight without charge, hopefully. That would be the common sense approach anyway. :agree:
Never seen the other incident, but a Union Jack? were you offended?
Hope to hell you don't have Olympics tickets...... :greengrin

MountcastleHibs
10-03-2012, 11:16 PM
I was there today,never noriced the flag incident, but consider that as inflammitary(is that a word?). the second incident,well,that was a laugh and any Hibby would agree wi' that. the guy had a paper mask on, cant remember who it was,possibly Craig White/ nevertheless it happened at half time,the teams were in, and the Hibs end had a real laugh at it. my mate mentioned later that the laddie had been handcuffed behind, which I thought was a real case of overkill. police should not really be able to make judgements on their own, some of them are big tall,well built, but extremely thick in the heid.

It's an arrestable offence to go on to the pitch, no matter in what context.

Second incident, as a steward myself, quiet word would be suffice. If it continued, action would be taken.

Speedy
10-03-2012, 11:16 PM
Anyone that runs on to the pitch deserves all they get which will hopefully include a banning order front Easter Road. And anyone with a modicom of sense knows that's what will happen.

As for the other - aren't we a precious bunch at times!

I wasn't there and there's no doubt it was daft but this post seems harsh.

From the description in the op, it was at half time and was done in good spirit with no intent to do any harm.

frazeHFC
10-03-2012, 11:18 PM
One of the stewards was acting the hard man and grabbed a young Hibs fan next to me quite forcefully, for what i saw as no reason whatsoever.

Hibercelona
10-03-2012, 11:21 PM
I wasn't there and there's no doubt it was daft but this post seems harsh.

From the description in the op, it was at half time and was done in good spirit with no intent to do any harm.

It is harsh, but it is also the law (which every football supporter is aware of).

You step onto the pitch, you get lifted.

madabouthibs
I'd find it difficult to find tutu boy offensive, even from the Ayr end it would have been funny! At worst, it was a bit stupid.
He'll get a wee slap on the wrists, and maybe a caution and his photo taken, but a banning order? :confused:
Jeez, I'd play him on Saturday! :greengrin

libernian

boo boo

Speedy
10-03-2012, 11:28 PM
It is harsh, but it is also the law (which every football supporter is aware of).

It was mainly 'hopefully will include a banning order' that I thought was harsh.

I think 'the rules are the rules, hopefully he'll learn his lesson' would be a fair assessment.

Sir David Gray
10-03-2012, 11:28 PM
The law is fairly clear and it is stated on the back of your ticket as part of your conditions of entry that at no point will you attempt to enter the field of play.

The guy went on the pitch and was arrested. I personally don't see the issue here. It doesn't matter if he went on the pitch as a laugh or he went on to batter someone. The fact he went on at all is enough to be arrested.

Also, anyone who gets offended, antagonised or inflamed by the sight of someone waving a flag needs to get a life and probably shouldn't be near a football stadium.

Crab apple
10-03-2012, 11:29 PM
I was there today,never noriced the flag incident, but consider that as inflammitary(is that a word?). the second incident,well,that was a laugh and any Hibby would agree wi' that. the guy had a paper mask on, cant remember who it was,possibly Craig White/ nevertheless it happened at half time,the teams were in, and the Hibs end had a real laugh at it. my mate mentioned later that the laddie had been handcuffed behind, which I thought was a real case of overkill. police should not really be able to make judgements on their own, some of them are big tall,well built, but extremely thick in the heid.

It looked like a George Clooney mask - probably related to recent stories in the press about GC.

The flag waving Ayr (if he was indeed Ayr) fan was no youngster. After he moved away from the segregation fence he moved under the floodlights in the far corner in the Ayr end and continued along with a couple of other neanderthal associates. I did notice one older scarf wearing Ayr fan having words with him.

Twiglet
10-03-2012, 11:31 PM
Tutu boy will probably get out tonight without charge, hopefully. That would be the common sense approach anyway. :agree:
Never seen the other incident, but a Union Jack? were you offended?
Hope to hell you don't have Olympics tickets...... :greengrin

He went on to the pitch just in front of me, some of his mates were there, 1 left and came back a wee while later. He was saying that he'd been told he was arrested and will be in court in Ayr on Monday morning.

Dashing Bob S
10-03-2012, 11:33 PM
I'd find it difficult to find tutu boy offensive, even from the Ayr end it would have been funny! At worst, it was a bit stupid.
He'll get a wee slap on the wrists, and maybe a caution and his photo taken, but a banning order? :confused:
Jeez, I'd play him on Saturday! :greengrin

The police and stewards got it right. The union jack, like it or not, is our British national flag and the Ayr fan had the right to wave it aggressively at the supporters of a club with Irish origins.

The tutu, on the other hand, is a long standing symbol of sectarianism, and as for the Jedward mask, well, they come from the same country as the IRA and therefore have no place in civilized Scottish society.

Hibercelona
10-03-2012, 11:34 PM
It was mainly 'hopefully will include a banning order' that I thought was harsh.

I think 'the rules are the rules, hopefully he'll learn his lesson' would be a fair assessment.

A guy running around in a TuTu? He should be banned from the public. :wink:

Joking aside, I very much doubt he'll see a banning order. Would be beyond harsh to be banned just for that. :agree:

Hibercelona
10-03-2012, 11:35 PM
The police and stewards got it right. The union jack, like it or not, is our British national flag and the Ayr fan had the right to wave it aggressively at the supporters of a club with Irish origins.

The tutu, on the other hand, is a long standing symbol of sectarianism, and as for the Jedward mask, well, they come from the same country as the IRA and therefore have no place in civilized Scottish society.

:top marks

7 Hills
10-03-2012, 11:43 PM
The young guy ran onto the pitch near to where I was standing. He'd been wandering around the area near where I was standing in the Railway end for the first half, so I can categorically state that he was: wearing some kind of ballet tights, a vest, a green tutu and a Jedward mask. Should have been arrested before he even got onto the pitch, IMHO.

Stantons Angel
10-03-2012, 11:44 PM
Why dont some of you get a grip!!!

The lad in the tu tu was funny, i laughed at him myself BUT it IS an offence to run on to the park! The stewards for once were doing there job and as instructed handed the offender over to the police.

This will no doubt be reported and Hibs will suffer in some way and the guy will also. He knows its against the law to run on to the pitch. He may well have been charged and the police will forward his details to Easter Road and he will be banned . In turn he will miss the semi so his prancing around in his tu tu did him no good!

More worrying for me was the flares! What idiot brought them into the ground 'cause he too should know what the law is as far as flares are concerned. They were set off in a wooden framed aluminium shed type covering, the flares could have set it on fire causing panic and/or damage/injury to Hibs supporters in that enclosure!

It will be interesting to see what the SPL rep will say in his report about this too. AGAIN it will be Hibs that will suffer at the hands of some idiots!

For God's sake be sensible and let Hibs enjoy their cup run without any more incidents like this happening.!!

monktonharp
10-03-2012, 11:46 PM
The law is fairly clear and it is stated on the back of your ticket as part of your conditions of entry that at no point will you attempt to enter the field of play.

The guy went on the pitch and was arrested. I personally don't see the issue here. It doesn't matter if he went on the pitch as a laugh or he went on to batter someone. The fact he went on at all is enough to be arrested.

Also, anyone who gets offended, antagonised or inflamed by the sight of someone waving a flag needs to get a life and probably shouldn't be near a football stadium.sorry young man, I totally disagree with the statement(s) you've just made.rules for some and rules for others/ the flag waving(which I did not see,seems like a very inflammatary action. dont care what age he was. the other incident, well you were at the game,naw? it was done in a fun kind of spirit and maist on here know, if they were at the game and it hardly warrants handcuffs up the back. stuff ye see on CIS Miami. ffs, he was hae'in a laugh. as for reading the back of a ticket, i've been going to games for more than 44years,never knew that things were on the back,woth rerading! get wi' the programme man.

7 Hills
10-03-2012, 11:50 PM
As for the Union Flag waver in the Ayr end - I didn't witness this myself, but apparently some Hibs fans shouted "Nice to see you come to support your local team for a change!" which amused the locals!

MountcastleHibs
10-03-2012, 11:56 PM
sorry young man, I totally disagree with the statement(s) you've just made.rules for some and rules for others/ the flag waving(which I did not see,seems like a very inflammatary action. dont care what age he was. the other incident, well you were at the game,naw? it was done in a fun kind of spirit and maist on here know, if they were at the game and it hardly warrants handcuffs up the back. stuff ye see on CIS Miami. ffs, he was hae'in a laugh. as for reading the back of a ticket, i've been going to games for more than 44years,never knew that things were on the back,woth rerading! get wi' the programme man.

It doesn't matter if it was done in a 'fun kind of spirit'. It is against the law, therefore illegal, therefore an arrestable offence.

Police don't make the law. They merely enforce it.

As previously said, a warning regarding this matter is printed on the back of the ticket.

madabouthibs
11-03-2012, 12:02 AM
I was deeply offended today to find that the signs directing us to the toilets were actually stuck up with blu-tac. I mean, how dangerous is that???
Kids choke on blu-tac every day.
I hope the signage adhesives guy at Ayr is suitably reprimanded and a report is sent to the procurator fiscal. :rolleyes:

madabouthibs
11-03-2012, 12:04 AM
Dues given, the blu-tac isn't actually a criminal offence.
Sorry for overstepping the mark, over-reacting, or laughing at Jedward Tutu....... :aok:

madabouthibs
11-03-2012, 12:06 AM
I did think that baldsteward guy was very harshly treated today, even had songs of a follically derisory nature sung at him! :rolleyes:
I mean, can a guy not shave his head without being sung to???

7 Hills
11-03-2012, 12:08 AM
To be honest, I didn't find the stewarding or policing at Ayr to be over-zealous at all. I did find some Hibs fans to be ****ers though.

madabouthibs
11-03-2012, 12:09 AM
Did anyone see that Honda in the car park today?
Had a Honda badge on it...... Do we really need these Japanese jobby jabbers poking us about our crappy car industry??? :confused:

madabouthibs
11-03-2012, 12:14 AM
Whilst I found the terracing today most satisfactory, even the hole in the roof, I was of the opinion the mis-matched corrugated roofing finish on the main stand looked a tad tacky. Do these Gypsy chaps that come to my door to "doctor" my tree every fortnight not visit our seaside west coast offering some terracotta "Roof Treatments"?
Scottish fitba' eh??? :rolleyes:

Baldy
11-03-2012, 12:49 AM
the guy with the tutu was arrested for breach of the peace and something else but was released about 8pm without charge,

I was on the train beside his mates who said he had his phone but no wallet, or money on him .. long walk back from Ayr

givescotlandfreedom
11-03-2012, 01:01 AM
Dues given, the blu-tac isn't actually a criminal offence.
Sorry for overstepping the mark, over-reacting, or laughing at Jedward Tutu....... :aok:

I did think that baldsteward guy was very harshly treated today, even had songs of a follically derisory nature sung at him! :rolleyes:
I mean, can a guy not shave his head without being sung to???

Did anyone see that Honda in the car park today?
Had a Honda badge on it...... Do we really need these Japanese jobby jabbers poking us about our crappy car industry??? :confused:

Whit?

Alfred E Newman
11-03-2012, 07:05 AM

I agree that you cannot let fans run about on the park so the stewards had no option but to lift him ,but handcuffs? Over the top from the polis if you ask me.

Beefster
11-03-2012, 07:22 AM
The fact that someone would get offended by a Union flag (or an Irish tricolour, for that matter) says more about them than any imbecile waving one IMHO.

down-the-slope
11-03-2012, 07:34 AM
the guy with the tutu was arrested for breach of the peace and something else but was released about 8pm without charge,

I was on the train beside his mates who said he had his phone but no wallet, or money on him .. long walk back from Ayr

Most of the rubbish on this thread is I notice by people not there....

Of course the stewards / police could not ignore him - but it was at HT / funny and no way inciteful - it was the way the diddies of stewards strongarmed him that was unnecesarry

sense has prevailed if he has been let out - being partialed dressed in Ayr on saturday night with no wallet (I did mention on my origional thread that there was no where in that TuTu for a wallet) is punishment enough.

The bloke with the Union Jack was a bell-end on the highest order and his behaviour was incietful - howerver the police in the segregation gap were quick to warn him to pack it in and he did...so end of story

Personally TuTu lad should be made to appear while sober at HT in the derby - better than the normal HT 'entertainment'

Gettin' Auld
11-03-2012, 07:50 AM

It'll seem even longer if he's still wearing a TuTu. :greengrin

Pretty Boy
11-03-2012, 08:07 AM
Kind of torn on this one.

The guy in the tutu ran on the pitch and everyone knows what happens when you do that. The reaction.of the Police and Stewards was ott though. From where I was standing the guy was going with the stewards quite placidly so the way the Police grabbed him and put handcuffs on seemed a bit heavy handed.

The whole Police and steward response after was just ridiculous. The Hibs end was good natured all day, everyone was having a good time, singing, bouncing etc. It never once seemed like getting out of hand or violent. Yet after half time there was Police lined right up the front of the terrace, I was standing at the corner near the Corner flag at the entrance side and we had about 5 or 6 stewards and Police come stand in that area and start eyeballing folk and looking like they were spoiling for trouble.

The Police seemed more capable and keen to start trouble than any Hibs fans did. Football supporters being treated like 2nd class citizens yet again.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-03-2012, 09:03 AM
In terms of over " over enthusiastic" stewarding, that was almost touchy-feely compared to how they act at Parkhead.
For the tutu incident, well this is like a forward taking his shirt off after scoring. Not the worst offence but you know upfront what will happen. Hopefully he will be charged with doing a Desmond.
As for the Union Jack? Well if the boy thinks that will wind people up, that says more about the rancid seam that under-pins that area of the country.

Spike Mandela
11-03-2012, 09:16 AM
A bigger safety concern for me was the locking of the gates at the Railway end and failure to open them until 5 or 10 mins after the final whistle. People had started to move round to the exit 10 -15 mins from the end with some obviously hoping to get away early. What then developed was people pushing towards the gate and a bit of a crush in a very limited exit area with heated exchanges between police officers and fans with some clearly getting lifted.

I'm not really sure why these measures were in place but felt it could have resulted in some serious crush injuries and kids like my 10 year old daughter were caught up in it. Why is it when people like you and me put a scarf around our neck it is ok to treat us like cattle? Poor show from the polis!

Pretty Boy
11-03-2012, 09:28 AM
A bigger safety concern for me was the locking of the gates at the Railway end and failure to open them until 5 or 10 mins after the final whistle. People had started to move round to the exit 10 -15 mins from the end with some obviously hoping to get away early. What then developed was people pushing towards the gate and a bit of a crush in a very limited exit area with heated exchanges between police officers and fans with some clearly getting lifted.

I'm not really sure why these measures were in place but felt it could have resulted in some serious crush injuries and kids like my 10 year old daughter were caught up in it. Why is it when people like you and me put a scarf around our neck it is ok to treat us like cattle? Poor show from the polis!

It was the same getting in as well.

We got to the turnstiles about 10 to 3 and there were pretty big queues. The Police did the right thing to an extent by staggering how many people could get to the turnstile area at one time and holiding others a bit further up the street. Everyone was waiting quite patiently then a steward started running up the queues screaming at folk to stand and wait patiently and calm down; there was absolutely no reason for it.

I got in with a minute or two to spare but a lot of people where still streaming in well after the 1st goal. Why didn't the Police use a bit common sense and ask the match commander to tell the referee to delay kick off by 5 or 10 minutes?

cocopops1875
11-03-2012, 10:06 AM
"Tutu boy" got out at 11pm last night without charge he also did not get interfered with in the jail so good news all round :-)

Killiehibbie
11-03-2012, 11:20 AM
It was the same getting in as well.

We got to the turnstiles about 10 to 3 and there were pretty big queues. The Police did the right thing to an extent by staggering how many people could get to the turnstile area at one time and holiding others a bit further up the street. Everyone was waiting quite patiently then a steward started running up the queues screaming at folk to stand and wait patiently and calm down; there was absolutely no reason for it.

I got in with a minute or two to spare but a lot of people where still streaming in well after the 1st goal. Why didn't the Police use a bit common sense and ask the match commander to tell the referee to delay kick off by 5 or 10 minutes?I was told that a request had been passed to match commander to get kick off delayed but he either didn't ask the ref or the ref ignored it. I'd go for commander not even bothering to ask, after all it was only about £20,000 worth of paying customers missing kick off due to inadequate facilities.

JIm
11-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Why dont some of you get a grip!!!

The lad in the tu tu was funny, i laughed at him myself BUT it IS an offence to run on to the park! The stewards for once were doing there job and as instructed handed the offender over to the police.

This will no doubt be reported and Hibs will suffer in some way and the guy will also. He knows its against the law to run on to the pitch. He may well have been charged and the police will forward his details to Easter Road and he will be banned . In turn he will miss the semi so his prancing around in his tu tu did him no good!

More worrying for me was the flares! What idiot brought them into the ground 'cause he too should know what the law is as far as flares are concerned. They were set off in a wooden framed aluminium shed type covering, the flares could have set it on fire causing panic and/or damage/injury to Hibs supporters in that enclosure!

It will be interesting to see what the SPL rep will say in his report about this too. AGAIN it will be Hibs that will suffer at the hands of some idiots!

For God's sake be sensible and let Hibs enjoy their cup run without any more incidents like this happening.!!

You sound like a right hoot! i.e flares, there were no flares in the hibs end. They were smoke grenades. They annot set the place on fire and therefore would not cause panic/injury.

We were in amongst that area, all ages and not one person seemed bothered, in fact most people quite enjoyed them.

Well done to all the hibbies in behind the goal today, great atmostphere, great flags, great songs, great smoke grenades, great afternoon. :thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
11-03-2012, 11:25 AM
You sound like a right hoot! i.e flares, there were no flares in the hibs end. They were smoke grenades. They annot set the place on fire and therefore would not cause panic/injury.

We were in amongst that area, all ages and not one person seemed bothered, in fact most people quite enjoyed them.

Well done to all the hibbies in behind the goal today, great atmostphere, great flags, great songs, great smoke grenades, great afternoon. :thumbsup:

Spot on.

blackpoolhibs
11-03-2012, 11:41 AM
Thought it was superb, apart from the idiot who threw the can of beer towards the pitch at kick off, but he was spotted and taken away minutes later.

Dashing Bob S
11-03-2012, 11:46 AM
I agree that you cannot let fans run about on the park so the stewards had no option but to lift him ,but handcuffs? Over the top from the polis if you ask me.

Wait...so if I wear a tutu and run onto the pitch, I'm going to be handcuffed?

:hmmm: And they say Scottish Football is dull.

Dashing Bob S
11-03-2012, 11:53 AM
Kind of torn on this one.

The guy in the tutu ran on the pitch and everyone knows what happens when you do that. The reaction.of the Police and Stewards was ott though. From where I was standing the guy was going with the stewards quite placidly so the way the Police grabbed him and put handcuffs on seemed a bit heavy handed.

The whole Police and steward response after was just ridiculous. The Hibs end was good natured all day, everyone was having a good time, singing, bouncing etc. It never once seemed like getting out of hand or violent. Yet after half time there was Police lined right up the front of the terrace, I was standing at the corner near the Corner flag at the entrance side and we had about 5 or 6 stewards and Police come stand in that area and start eyeballing folk and looking like they were spoiling for trouble.

The Police seemed more capable and keen to start trouble than any Hibs fans did. Football supporters being treated like 2nd class citizens yet again.

This about sums it up for me. Strathclyde Police seem to be caught in an 80's time warp regarding Hibs fans, and appear to be absolutely desperate to provoke a major incident with their over-the-top, offensive, highly authoritarian behavior. No crowd of citizens in modern Britain get treated like football supporters, yet large scale disturbances INSIDE stadiums has been almost non-existent for over THIRTY years.

Polis chiefs: lighten the *uck up and stop using football fans as a crooked attempt to extort overtime payments from the taxpayer.

CropleyWasGod
11-03-2012, 11:53 AM
Wait...so if I wear a tutu and run onto the pitch, I'm going to be handcuffed?

:hmmm: And they say Scottish Football is dull.

Yup, DBS, I reckon there were more than a few fellows looking on that scene longingly.....:greengrin

frazeHFC
11-03-2012, 12:19 PM
Smoke bombs are quality. Was amazing yesterday, hope we have them every game. :thumbsup:

Cue debate part II :devil:

marinello59
11-03-2012, 12:22 PM

:agree:

Why tutu boy didn't rip his Jedward mask off when he reached the other terracing thus rendering himself unrecognisable to the polis baffles me. :greengrin

Sean1875
11-03-2012, 12:24 PM
Was right beside the fencing where the tit with the flag was and in fairness to the Ayr fans did notice a couple of them having a word. As said before, anyone that gets wound up by someone waving a Union needs to have a serious look at themselves, just sit back and have a laugh at the boy embarrassing himself, you get a chuckle and he doesnt get a reaction, everybody wins :agree:

Winston Ingram
11-03-2012, 12:30 PM
http://img253.imagevenue.com/loc74/th_72542_IMG_2812_122_74lo.JPG (http://img253.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=72542_IMG_2812_122_74lo.JPG)

whiskyhibby
11-03-2012, 12:31 PM
FFS, the lad ran onto the pitch. He knows the rules, we all know the rules. Police can be OTT at times but they're villified far too often IMO.

Arresting someone for waving a flag would be over-zelous. At least he was told to stop and did so. Incidently, did his immature attmepts to antagonise the fans even work?

I was right next to the centre line, the guy in question was at least 40-50 and a complete half wit, even the Ayr fans were giving him pelters which resulted in the ****** skulking off

:pfgwa:pfgwa

Darth Hibbie
11-03-2012, 12:32 PM
Smoke bombs are quality. Was amazing yesterday, hope we have them every game. :thumbsup:

Cue debate part II :devil:

Just to start the debate :greengrin

I aint going to comment on the quality of them. What I will say is tough that it is illegal to take them into the ground. If you take the chance of trying to get them in then no crying when you get lifted :greengrin

Also if we get a reputation for such things the searches getting into the ground will become more stringent and will take longer to get through the turnstiles.

Not having a go at anybody, just things to consider.

silverhibee
11-03-2012, 12:43 PM

Why tutu boy didn't rip his Jedward mask off when he reached the other terracing thus rendering himself unrecognisable to the polis baffles me. :greengrin

Maybe if he had a Desmond TuTu under the Jedward one and when he got to the other end rip the jedward one of and stand there with the DT one on, that would have fooled the stewards. :greengrin

Jack
11-03-2012, 12:52 PM
Just to start the debate :greengrin

I aint going to comment on the quality of them. What I will say is tough that it is illegal to take them into the ground. If you take the chance of trying to get them in then no crying when you get lifted :greengrin

Also if we get a reputation for such things the searches getting into the ground will become more stringent and will take longer to get through the turnstiles.

Not having a go at anybody, just things to consider.

You can't possibly think anyone who does this thinks about anyone else or any inconvenience it might cause do you?

Darth Hibbie
11-03-2012, 12:57 PM
You can't possibly think anyone who does this thinks about anyone else or any inconvenience it might cause do you?

No don't think they do but at least now they cant say they didn't and nobody told them :greengrin

JIm
11-03-2012, 12:59 PM

Inconveniance?

Nakedmanoncrack
11-03-2012, 01:03 PM
'Flares' :faf::faf:
I'm sure somebody described them last time as 'bombs'.

Get a grip, atmosphere was great yesterday, knew I'd come on here today to read people griping about the wee puffs of smoke that were swirling around.

Dashing Bob S
11-03-2012, 01:06 PM
'Flares' :faf::faf:
I'm sure somebody described them last time as 'bombs'.

Get a grip, atmosphere was great yesterday, knew I'd come on here today to read people griping about the wee puffs of smoke that were swirling around.

More crimes against fashion. Stamp it out now, I say.

Jack
11-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Inconveniance?

Yeah, as Darth suggests it will lead to increased searches at the turnstyle, delays and probably folk missing the start of the game.

And while I'm not suggesting the stewarding regime is relaxed at Easter Road and when we play away but I'm sure it could be made a lot worse for us.

It could also lead to Hiberian FC being fined.

But crack on, a couple of minutes of 'fun' is well worth it.

JIm
11-03-2012, 01:12 PM
Yeah, as Darth suggests it will lead to increased searches at the turnstyle, delays and probably folk missing the start of the game.

And while I'm not suggesting the stewarding regime is relaxed at Easter Road and when we play away but I'm sure it could be made a lot worse for us.

All hypothetical points, good argument though.:rolleyes:

silverhibee
11-03-2012, 01:51 PM

Have Hertz and celtc been fined this season for setting of smoke bombs when at away games, or even the yams for throwing flares on to the pitch. ?

Jack
11-03-2012, 02:09 PM
Have Hertz and celtc been fined this season for setting of smoke bombs when at away games, or even the yams for throwing flares on to the pitch. ?

Not as far as I am aware but if letting off smoke bombs continues to increase what do you honestly think will happen?

--------
11-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Not as far as I am aware but if letting off smoke bombs continues to increase what do you honestly think will happen?

:agree: Sooner or later the powers-that-be will get around to taking notice of them, and it won't be Celtic who get into trouble. Hearts have been breaking all the rules in the book since the Mad Submariner arrived, so who's most likely to get it in the neck?

It's a stone-cold certainty.

Hibs.

silverhibee
11-03-2012, 02:21 PM

It will get more smokey at games, :greengrin.

The Green Brigade set them of at nearly every away game and a few home game's as well, my nephew who is a celtic fan and goes home and away say's he has no problem getting in to games, no increase in searching fans as they enter the grounds, and celtc have still not been fined for doing it.

So it looks like nothing will happen. :aok:

JIm
11-03-2012, 02:30 PM
It will get more smokey at games, :greengrin.

The Green Brigade set them of at nearly every away game and a few home game's as well, my nephew who is a celtic fan and goes home and away say's he has no problem getting in to games, no increase in searching fans as they enter the grounds, and celtc have still not been fined for doing it.

So it looks like nothing will happen. :aok:

Lets smoke the moaners out :wink: :flag:

Jones28
11-03-2012, 02:35 PM
Smoke Grenades aren't really going to be a problem for Police as they are just smoke. They're not likely to do much unless someone makes a complaint.

Flares etc pose a fire risk, so shouldn't really be used. Would love to see smoke grenades more though :greengrin

Hibrandenburg
11-03-2012, 02:37 PM
Smoke Grenades aren't really going to be a problem for Police as they are just smoke. They're not likely to do much unless someone makes a complaint.

Flares etc pose a fire risk, so shouldn't really be used. Would love to see smoke grenades more though :greengrin
Join the Army, you get them issued by the bag load.

Thomson1875
11-03-2012, 03:21 PM
Green Brigade have not set smokes off in there home ground, however they do seem to set them off at plenty away games, same with the union bears at rangers they only use such things at away days.

There's never been fines as far as i am aware towards clubs for smoke grenades being set off within a ground, although if an individual is caught doing so then it's a 3 year ban.

Hearts have never been in trouble for doing them at easter road, we have never been in trouble - last derby at tynie for the one someone launched on the park.

Did see a guy get grabbed forcefully by a steward within where i was directly behind the goals.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-03-2012, 03:30 PM
Inconveniance?

Ouch! massive fail!

Hibs7
11-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Stupid and unnecessary to set off anything like that in a crowded arena, it is all fun and games till someone is injured.

marinello59
11-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Maybe if he had a Desmond TuTu under the Jedward one and when he got to the other end rip the jedward one of and stand there with the DT one on, that would have fooled the stewards. :greengrin

A decent plan but the hairy white legs would have given him away. A Susan Boyle mask though.........................

Hermit Crab
11-03-2012, 03:51 PM
If it was a jambo that ran on at easter rd we would be screaming for them to be lifted. No complaints imo

frazeHFC
11-03-2012, 04:07 PM
Did see a guy get grabbed forcefully by a steward within where i was directly behind the goals.

Same incident i referred to earlier. Completely unnecessary by the steward who was lucky it never sparked something more serious.

Baldy Foghorn
11-03-2012, 04:17 PM
At full time when the police had decided to keep gates closed, some guy obviously had the audacity to ask the police, why that was, however without hearing what he said, he was forcibly slammed against the gates.

It was becoming bottle necked at that corner, so if the police had decided this was for safety reasons, an announcement should have been made prior to full time, to avoid area becoming congested.

At The Edge
11-03-2012, 04:25 PM
At full time when the police had decided to keep gates closed, some guy obviously had the audacity to ask the police, why that was, however without hearing what he said, he was forcibly slammed against the gates.

It was becoming bottle necked at that corner, so if the police had decided this was for safety reasons, an announcement should have been made prior to full time, to avoid area becoming congested.

Did the PA system actually work? don't think i heard anything over it the whole match. the speakers did look totally goosed though

Hibernia Na Eir
11-03-2012, 04:30 PM
so Ayr Utd are another HWBF (Huns without bus fares)
no surprise really.

Baldy Foghorn
11-03-2012, 04:31 PM
Did the PA system actually work? don't think i heard anything over it the whole match. the speakers did look totally goosed though

Come to think of it, you have a point, never heard anything over tannoy at any point...

Hibernia Na Eir
11-03-2012, 04:46 PM
tutu boy's a legend!

CropleyWasGod
11-03-2012, 05:05 PM

It was.

That said, by that time I had nipped into the enclosure. Maybe the PA wasn;t working on the terracing.

Strangely, though, there was no restriction on people coming out of the enclosure.

down-the-slope
11-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Yup lots of crying about massed danger of smoke grenades (one let of right beside me - and although green less smoke than a match in the 80's pre smoking bans......

And yet there is only one exit for 3000+ fans via a dog legged bottle neck....could not imagine what that would be like if it needed to be done in a hurry.

blackpoolhibs
11-03-2012, 06:13 PM

Same incident i referred to earlier. Completely unnecessary by the steward who was lucky it never sparked something more serious.

Nonsense, the guy was nabbed for lobbing a half full beer can, that incidently missed the pitch and landed as far as i could see in the Hibs support?

And as for it being lucky it never sparked something more serious, :faf: Like a bit of shoving and pushing from those further back from the incident?

The guy if they got the right one, got what he deserved.

Yesterday was good, the support bar a few dafties were superb. Where's the 9/10 smillie.

frazeHFC
11-03-2012, 06:29 PM
Nonsense, the guy was nabbed for lobbing a half full beer can, that incidently missed the pitch and landed as far as i could see in the Hibs support?

And as for it being lucky it never sparked something more serious, :faf: Like a bit of shoving and pushing from those further back from the incident?

The guy if they got the right one, got what he deserved.

Yesterday was good, the support bar a few dafties were superb. Where's the 9/10 smillie.

Your obviously talking of a completely different incident. The guy had no beer can. He was younger than me, did nothing wrong, and was grabbed aggressively. I don't see how its funny me saying it could have sparked something. There were a lot of angry folk that witnessed the incident so it could have led to some bother.

Thomson1875
11-03-2012, 06:35 PM
Your obviously talking of a completely different incident. The guy had no beer can. He was younger than me, did nothing wrong, and was grabbed aggressively. I don't see how its funny me saying it could have sparked something. There were a lot of angry folk that witnessed the incident so it could have led to some bother.

Yep same one as im on about, i never even seen a guy lob a half can either, however did see the guy with a can in his hand so guessing it was him, quite right he was flung out if he was.

blackpoolhibs
11-03-2012, 06:37 PM

Thats fine if we are talking about a different incident, but to say it could have sparked something more serious, what could have happened that would have had these policemen and stewards running for their lives?

A wee tip fraze, try not to exaggerate too much when there's lots of folk around to witness whats actually going on. :wink:

I do love it when folk say it could have caused a riot, how many riots have we seen in football grounds this century?:confused:

blackpoolhibs
11-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Yep same one as im on about, i never even seen a guy lob a half can either, however did see the guy with a can in his hand so guessing it was him, quite right he was flung out if he was.

Hmmmm, it gets more interesting. There WAS a can thrown, it never reached the pitch, and someone was arrested from the exact spot it was thrown, interesting.

frazeHFC
11-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Thats fine if we are talking about a different incident, but to say it could have sparked something more serious, what could have happened that would have had these policemen and stewards running for their lives?

A wee tip fraze, try not to exaggerate too much when there's lots of folk around to witness whats actually going on. :wink:

I do love it when folk say it could have caused a riot, how many riots have we seen in football grounds this century?:confused:

I never said it could have caused a riot. If someone simply shoved the steward back, imo that is more serious. :wink:

frazeHFC
11-03-2012, 06:42 PM
Hmmmm, it gets more interesting. There WAS a can thrown, it never reached the pitch, and someone was arrested from the exact spot it was thrown, interesting.

Now i know for sure that we are on about different people. Me and Thomson1875 were near the front, so if the person near us had lobbed a can and not reached, they must have one really poor throw. :greengrin

down-the-slope
11-03-2012, 06:49 PM

two different cans were thrown - at least 6/8 peple drinking in front of me - fairly openly.

One can hit the metal roof stay and fell down on top of fans near front...as did the other as it was not thrown as hard

These were the real daftie moments for me - most of the rest was harmless enough

At The Edge
11-03-2012, 06:55 PM

:agree: there was a can thrown, just missed the photo guy behind the goal, when the police came up to him the guy was caught red handed with a can on him, not sure what his mate was chucked out for, he may have been identified as the thrower?
his 2 other mates watched the game.

Andy74
11-03-2012, 07:08 PM
Jedward mask? Unless there were other guys with masks someone walked past me first half with a George Clooney mask. Was wondering the relevance at the time.

It was funny but going on the pitch is always going to get you lifted.

I liked the smoke bombs.

If you want to leave early for a train or whatever are they really allowed to keep you locked in against your will?

Scouse Hibee
11-03-2012, 07:11 PM
Jedward mask? Unless there were other guys with masks someone walked past me first half with a George Clooney mask. Was wondering the relevance at the time.

I liked the smoke bombs.

If you want to leave early for a train or whatever are they really allowed to keep you locked in against your will?

Yes!

givescotlandfreedom
11-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Could it be that the OP, maturehibby, is Tu Tu boy?

blackpoolhibs
11-03-2012, 09:59 PM

I liked the smoke bombs.

They did, no idea if its legal or not but they did. We had a tight schedule yesterday, and needed to be at the train station by 5.12pm so we could catch our connection in Glasgow. I showed the officer my train ticket and asked to leave, he refused and said the orders were from above.

frazeHFC
11-03-2012, 10:00 PM
They did, no idea if its legal or not but they did. We had a tight schedule yesterday, and needed to be at the train station by 5.12pm so we could catch our connection in Glasgow. I showed the officer my train ticket and asked to leave, he refused and said the orders were from above.

Did you miss your train?

blackpoolhibs
11-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Did you miss your train?

No, we caught it with a couple of minutes to spare.

The Baldmans Comb
11-03-2012, 10:07 PM
I found both characters rather sad and tedious.

The attention grabbing wee fanny in the tutu after he ran across the pitch and into the Hibs support actually looked around and waited to get 'caught' by the stewards and the fatty with the 'Butchers Apron' made a rather pathetic attempt to brandish his flag before scurrying off and stuffing the flag up his jumper as he melted back into the Ayr support.

I just laughed at both of the bores.:greengrin

givescotlandfreedom
11-03-2012, 10:09 PM
Jedward mask? Unless there were other guys with masks someone walked past me first half with a George Clooney mask

Not at all, that's just my face.

matty_f
11-03-2012, 10:22 PM
No, we caught it with a couple of minutes to spare.

Tell the truth.. you were just wanting to get to the station for some propa nawty bovva with the Rangers boys...:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
11-03-2012, 10:26 PM
Tell the truth.. you were just wanting to get to the station for some propa nawty bovva with the Rangers boys...:greengrin

Naw, apparently i'm just a keyboard hardman. :aok:

Speedy
12-03-2012, 12:20 AM
Yes!

On what grounds?

(I'm not disagreeing, just curious)

wearethehibs
12-03-2012, 07:38 AM
In regards to the guys throwing cans, they were right behind me. I never actually saw them throwing a can but was glad they were chucked out. As the players came out all I heard from them was stuff like "if these daftys dinny put those flags doon I'm gona knock them out" what the **** is that **** there singing". I turned round and told him that at least there supporting the team. He wasn't to happy. That's when he got chucked.

StevieC
12-03-2012, 07:56 AM

Nice of them to pop some cash/train tickets into the police station for his journey home :rolleyes:

With mates like that eh ..

frazeHFC
12-03-2012, 09:24 AM
In regards to the guys throwing cans, they were right behind me. I never actually saw them throwing a can but was glad they were chucked out. As the players came out all I heard from them was stuff like "if these daftys dinny put those flags doon I'm gona knock them out" what the **** is that **** there singing". I turned round and told him that at least there supporting the team. He wasn't to happy. That's when he got chucked.

:hilarious

Yeah actually i remember you saying that at the game, they looked like right ********s. :agree:

1two
12-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Anyone see the police with their camera filming us behind the goal? Most people either waved for the camera or pulled out their phone camera and filmed them back :greengrin:

Apart from that the police were ok and I didn't see any trouble from a well behaved good natured hibs support. Admittedly it looked like most had had a few shandys before hand

I did see someone offer Gary O'Connor a doughnut when he was warming up in the 2nd half. I know it shouldn't be but it was pretty funny at the time.

Dashing Bob S
12-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Naw, apparently i'm just a keyboard hardman. :aok:

You're lucky, my keyboard just battered me for pressing too hard.

frazeHFC
12-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Anyone see the police with their camera filming us behind the goal? Most people either waved for the camera or pulled out their phone camera and filmed them back :greengrin:

Say cheese, for the camera. :singing: :greengrin

frazeHFC
12-03-2012, 09:03 PM
You're lucky, my keyboard just battered me for pressing too hard.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t292/smiliegirl2007/Icon.gif

Dashing Bob S
12-03-2012, 09:05 PM
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t292/smiliegirl2007/Icon.gif

Don't get me started on the screen.

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-03-2012, 09:23 PM
Don't get me started on the screen.

Why? Has it left you with a terminal condition?