PDA

View Full Version : Who do you guys want in the semi?

hfc rd
10-03-2012, 09:20 PM
As it says on the thread. Which team would you like hibs to be paired against. For some reason, I just have a funny feeling we will draw either hearts or st mirren. But to tell you the truth, bring on anyone of them on. I simply know that on our day, we can beat anyone of those remaining teams.

SteveHFC
10-03-2012, 09:21 PM
Sheep or Well :aok:

nonshinyfinish
10-03-2012, 09:22 PM
St Mirren. And then St Mirren again in the final.

lyonhibs
10-03-2012, 09:23 PM
St Mirren. And then St Mirren Ladies Reserves in the final.

Just a quick amendment there to reflect my own view on the matter.

I personally think that we'll get the winner of Utd vs Celtic in the semi final.

hibsbollah
10-03-2012, 09:25 PM
Hearts. and if not in the semi, the final.

madabouthibs
10-03-2012, 09:27 PM
I want Dundee Utd semi, then St. Mirren in the final please. Pretty please..... :greengrin

At The Edge
10-03-2012, 09:31 PM
Prefer the winner of the Motherwell Aberdeen game, keeping the Arabs for the final after they've done all the hard work in beating the infirm on route to getting a tonking from the cabbage in May
:pfgwa

Saorsa
10-03-2012, 09:39 PM
St.Mirren :agree:

Onceinawhile
10-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Hopefully st mirren on the Saturday. (Anyone so long as its Saturday)

Aberdeen in the final.

AFKA5814_Hibs
10-03-2012, 09:59 PM
Yams.

SlickShoes
10-03-2012, 10:22 PM
Anyone, it really doesn't matter to me. We have beaten good teams on the way to finals to lose to "worse" teams. Any game will be difficult since we are hibs so I am happy to face anyone. I will just enjoy a trip to hampden which is something I didnt expect to happen at all this season.

Sir David Gray
10-03-2012, 10:40 PM
St Mirren
Aberdeen
Motherwell
Dundee Utd
Hearts
Celtic

From top to bottom (top being most welcome), in that order.

Makaveli
10-03-2012, 10:50 PM
United.

Stenny
10-03-2012, 11:01 PM
St Mirren
Aberdeen
Motherwell
Dundee Utd
Hearts
Celtic

From top to bottom (top being most welcome), in that order.

For sure, thats the list :agree:

Diclonius
10-03-2012, 11:24 PM
Not Celtic.

7 Hills
10-03-2012, 11:32 PM
Aberdeen / Motherwell in the semi, then THEM in the Final and DO THEM when they think that the Cup is their's by right for putting Ra Sellik out!

TornadoHibby
10-03-2012, 11:46 PM
Hopefully st mirren on the Saturday. (Anyone so long as its Saturday)

Aberdeen in the final.

Hopefully the Saturday as one of my sons is doing a half marathon on the Sunday which I want to support him at AND I want him to be at the semi final with the rest of the family too! :wink:

Hibernia&Alba
11-03-2012, 12:03 AM
Not Celtic.

Is the first objective! Though of course, they aren't through yet.

Definitely St Mirren, if they beat the Yams.

CallumLaidlaw
11-03-2012, 12:10 AM
St Mirren in the semis please. It means the jambos are out and gives us an excellent opportunity to make the final.

If we managed to overcome a decent st Mirren team (Goodwin, thomson, Thompson and hasselbaink, Maid, Teale, Mclean are all good players), then Aberdeen in the final.

A Sunday semi tho please, as I am in Manchester on Saturday 14th April :rolleyes:

monktonharp
11-03-2012, 12:19 AM
my mate seems to think that avoiding the Gorgie mob,until the final seems to be the best option.that way, we can exorcise the hoodoo, in the best possible way. I tend to think that if we can negotiate the next round,the best we can hope for is to get the sheep in the final.we owe them a doing anyhoo in a major competition.

Sir David Gray
11-03-2012, 12:20 AM
Doesn't matter which day the semi final is played as I am otherwise engaged on both the Saturday and the Sunday that weekend. :bitchy:

Typical. Hibs' first visit to Hampden in five years and I won't be there!

Never mind, I'll be there in May! :aok:

snooky
11-03-2012, 12:21 AM
Prefer the winner of the Motherwell Aberdeen game, keeping the Arabs for the final after they've done all the hard work in beating the infirm on route to getting a tonking from the cabbage in May

Me 2 :agree:

SteveHFC
11-03-2012, 12:24 AM
Random cup draw i did earlier:

Match 1 - Dundee Utd/Celtic vs Hibernian
Match 2 - Hearts/St.Mirren vs Motherwell/Aberdeen

CallumLaidlaw
11-03-2012, 12:30 AM
Doesn't matter which day the semi final is played as I am otherwise engaged on both the Saturday and the Sunday that weekend. :bitchy:

Typical. Hibs' first visit to Hampden in five years and I won't be there!

Never mind, I'll be there in May! :aok:

Just shows that us hibs fans don't even look at the schedule anymore when we plan our lives. I think I went "Scottish cup semi-final weekend... Yeah I'm free" :rolleyes:

Liberal Hibby
11-03-2012, 12:40 AM
Lowest ranked team please.

I guess that's us then...

cabbageandribs1875
11-03-2012, 12:43 AM
well, seeing as it's a 'wish list' can we have Annan athletic plz

then airdrie utd in the final :cb

other than that, st.mirren in the SF....then Aberdeen in the final, pretty plz :thumbsup:

hibee92
11-03-2012, 01:29 AM
Hopefully (no chance)... I'd have St Mirren beating Hearts, Dundee Utd beating Celtic and drawing St Mirren in the semi.

Hibs playing Aberdeen in the semi, then St Mirren in the final.

Likely turn of events, Celtic or the Yams in the semi and pumped out. :greengrin

Hibercelona
11-03-2012, 01:46 AM
I don't care who we get in the semis. If we dodge the bullet in the semis, we'd only come across the big one in the final.

St Mirren then Aberdeen in the final. :pray:

Pete
11-03-2012, 02:38 AM
Anyone apart from Celtic.

I want revenge on hearts. They aren't artificially financed any more and I think we would do them.

bingo70
11-03-2012, 05:58 AM
When is the draw?

Hibs07p
11-03-2012, 06:20 AM
When is the draw?

After the Motherwell game, live on SSP3.

GGTTH

bingo70
11-03-2012, 06:25 AM
After the Motherwell game, live on SSP3.

GGTTH

Dancer, cheers, pleased its not Tuesday lunchtime like they normally do

ALF TUPPER
11-03-2012, 06:59 AM
St Midden will do the business against the jambos in the replay at Love Street/ New St Mirren Park or whatever its called nowadays.

A wee day out at Hampden against the Saintees for me please

erin go bragh
11-03-2012, 06:59 AM
No really bothered who we get just as long as we beat them[lol]

Celtic dont lose many finals so might be better to get them in the semi.

But going to hampden is big bonus, cause i dont think many of us thought it possible a few months ago .
ggtth

soupy
11-03-2012, 07:02 AM
couldny face another game against the yams, so anyone else really.....

Septimus
11-03-2012, 07:06 AM
Whichever combination generates the most cash for us and puts Hibs in a position to make good offers for the loanees. I suppose that means Hearts in the semi and Celtc in the final.

Craig_in_Prague
11-03-2012, 07:17 AM
I believe that if the draw is Hibs v St Mirren\Hearts that the yams would be so pumped up knowing we await that they`d win their replay. I dont want that draw coz although we are a half decent side now they always get the better of us in derbies and especially in the SC.
So winner of Well \ Dons will do fine please. We usually do ok against motherwell and the dons are beatable..

Billy Whizz
When is the draw?

Today after the Morherwell v Dons game

YehButNoBut
Whichever combination generates the most cash for us and puts Hibs in a position to make good offers for the loanees. I suppose that means Hearts in the semi and Celtc in the final.

Are semi final takings not split equally between all 4 teams, they used to be.

I'll take St Mirren semi & Dons final please.

Eyrie
11-03-2012, 10:04 AM
Not fussy which of Aberdeen and St Mirren we play in the semi, with the other in the final.

But sod's law means we'll get Celtc in the semi.

Jim44
11-03-2012, 10:12 AM
St Mirren (if they beat them) in the semi (otherwise Motherwell) and, if winners, Celtic in the final. If we're ever going win the cup again we will have to be able to beat Celtic. Just as important, if we lose in the final to Celtic, we are guaranteed some European football next season.

Pretty Boy
11-03-2012, 10:17 AM
Anyone but Hearts.

I couldnt take that again, not the result which was inevitable considering we had one fit striker at the club who had signed about 5 minutes prior to kick off and the rest of the squad made up of the 'b' team. Just the whole nerves and the sickening sight of watching those erses celebrate and enjoy themselves.

No shame in losing to Celtic or even Dundee Utd in the semi but for the best chance of making the final it has to be the winner of Aberdeen v Motherwell.

Mikey
11-03-2012, 02:03 PM
Anyone but Celtic. If we avoid them we could qualify for Europe on 15th April :cb

marinello59
11-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Anyone but Celtic. If we avoid them we could qualify for Europe on 15th April :cb

I don't think that's the case anymore, you have to actually win the cup now to qualify for Europe. ( I think.:greengrin)

Mikey
11-03-2012, 02:15 PM
I don't think that's the case anymore, you have to actually win the cup now to qualify for Europe. ( I think.:greengrin)

Pah :greengrin

Squealing pig
11-03-2012, 02:21 PM
Defo take motherwell in semi final, st mirren playing decent stuff not that Motherwell aren't just think our record v well is better. Don't want Celtic at all they look unstoppable but hopefully an upset in other semi will sort that out. Seem to remember semi v Aberdeen we went ahead with latapy and losing 2-1. Final question who's been on the sunbeds more GOC or darren jackson holy ***** by the way nay need.

LancashireHibby
11-03-2012, 02:21 PM
Would want to avoid Hearts or Celtic if given a choice.

--------
11-03-2012, 02:23 PM

I don't think we'll get Europe, Mikey, but if we get to the Final there's a fair bit of sponsorship money due even to the runners-up and that could make a big difference to PF's transfer budget for next season.

Noit that i have any roted objection to the idea of actually winning the thing, of course. :flag:

EuanH78
11-03-2012, 02:25 PM
Anyone but Hearts.

I couldnt take that again, not the result which was inevitable considering we had one fit striker at the club who had signed about 5 minutes prior to kick off and the rest of the squad made up of the 'b' team. Just the whole nerves and the sickening sight of watching those erses celebrate and enjoy themselves.

No shame in losing to Celtic or even Dundee Utd in the semi but for the best chance of making the final it has to be the winner of Aberdeen v Motherwell.

Fair heart never won fair maiden fella.

I'm no fussed who we get, it's been 100+ years since we won this thing so doesnt seem looking for the easiest draw has done us any good, lets just rely on ourselves to beat any team put in front of us. Hearts, Celtic whoever...

Keith_M
11-03-2012, 02:29 PM

A Pedant writes...

I'm pretty sure it's "Faint heart never won fair maiden", which kinda suits your point a bit more :wink:

:hnetinq:

EuanH78
11-03-2012, 02:49 PM
A Pedant writes...

I'm pretty sure it's "Faint heart never won fair maiden", which kinda suits your point a bit more :wink:

:hnetinq:

It does, I knew it was wrong but could not for the life of me think what it was exactly, much obliged to you :agree:

Point still stands I think

:greengrin

Vini1875
11-03-2012, 03:18 PM
Aberdeen then St. Mirren

MountcastleHibs
11-03-2012, 03:29 PM
Aberdeen or St Mirren. Knowing our luck it'll be Celtic

Sean1875
11-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Aberdeen or St Mirren. Knowing our luck it'll be Celtic

:agree: I just know it will be Celtic :grr:

Purple & Green
11-03-2012, 03:42 PM

I think as long as celtic win the league and qualify for the champions league then cup runner up will be enough.

Last season I think Motherwell didn't get in because Celtic had only qualified for the Europa League, and the cup place for the europa league takes precedence over the league place.

Andy74
11-03-2012, 03:47 PM
Celtic in the final please. We play all season for Europe and just getting there would get that done.

Macaroon
11-03-2012, 03:47 PM
Even if we are on our day, if Celtic are on theirs too then there is not much we can do unfortunately.

I'll take Hearts in the semi, rather get them oot the way and not have to face the unbearable tension of a Edinburgh Derby final.

Purple & Green
11-03-2012, 03:48 PM

I'm no fussed who we get, it's been 100+ years since we won this thing so doesnt seem looking for the easiest draw has done us any good, lets just rely on ourselves to beat any team put in front of us. Hearts, Celtic whoever...

I agree - we're the draw that everyone else wants - probably even before a ball was kicked yesterday.

A kind draw makes little difference now, we have to concentrate on our next game.

I think it might help being underdog - been a while since we went to hampden as that.

--------
11-03-2012, 03:48 PM
Well, it looks like us, Celtic, Aberdeen, and Saints or Hearts in the draw.

St Mirren first choice, Aberdeen second, Hearts third, Celtic worst case.

Which means it'll be Hearts or Celtic.

brydekirk
11-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Ce,ltic in the final please. We play all season for Europe and just getting there would get that done.

Agree

Newry Hibs
11-03-2012, 04:05 PM
Given that Celtc are in the semis, any clues as to when the TV would want them on? Basically if we get them will it be Saturday or Sunday if we don't? (Maybe a bit different if the TV get an Edinburgh derby).

Sean1875
11-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Given that Celtc are in the semis, any clues as to when the TV would want them on? Basically if we get them will it be Saturday or Sunday if we don't? (Maybe a bit different if the TV get an Edinburgh derby).

I might be wrong but is it not the first fixture thats drawn out the hat (i.e first two teams) gets played on the satruday and then obviously the second fixture plays on the Sunday? or am I just making that up?