PDA

View Full Version : lewis stevenson misses semi final?

forthhibby
10-03-2012, 09:09 PM
i noticed David Weatherspoon tweeting about lewis missing semi final, take its because of the shocking decision to book him when an ayr player ran into him, he will be a miss if true

Mikey
10-03-2012, 09:10 PM
He'll be ok for the final though.

hfc rd
10-03-2012, 09:24 PM
Yes he will definitely be missed. But I hope Tom Soares is properly match fit by then. Also from what I've heard, if Ivan Sproule can put in more of that same peformance today, we will be fine.

Crab apple
10-03-2012, 11:33 PM
Lewis was outstanding today and has been consistently strong under PF. Well done LS.

Bishop Hibee
10-03-2012, 11:37 PM
Aye my brother said he was out when he got booked. Looked harsh from where I was standing. Free kick at worst.

TornadoHibby
10-03-2012, 11:40 PM
Lewis was outstanding today and has been consistently strong under PF. Well done LS.

Indeed, an absolute travesty that he was wrongly booked and there should be a 'safety net' appeal system to allow such totally wrong decisions to be reversed by a review panel IMO! :agree:

We'll miss Lewis! :agree:

greenginger
11-03-2012, 09:10 AM
Slightly different take here but I noticed both St Mirren 's Thomsons played yesterday.
Wasnt one ordered off in the last round replay ?

Cocaine&Caviar
11-03-2012, 09:14 AM
Slightly different take here but I noticed both St Mirren 's Thomsons played yesterday.
Wasnt one ordered off in the last round replay ?

Would like to see us go 433 depending on opposition anyway:

Soares (Experienced CM) Claros Osbourne

Roy GoC Griffiths

Golden Bear
11-03-2012, 09:16 AM
i noticed David Weatherspoon tweeting about lewis missing semi final, take its because of the shocking decision to book him when an ayr player ran into him, he will be a miss if true

:agree:

That's what it looked like to me. Lewis had no chance of getting out of the way.

grunt
11-03-2012, 09:20 AM
Wasnt one ordered off in the last round replay ?Steven Thompson was suspended for the following two league games. Came back from suspension to play against us and was clear to play yesterday.

Billy Whizz
11-03-2012, 09:40 AM
I think a booking apply to the competition your in and straight red cards are any competition

NAE NOOKIE
11-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Didnt know that LS was oot until I read a thread about it on here. What a shame, he has been our best player all season. Lets hope the rest of the team use it a another incentive to reach the final. By the way Spoony .... how bad will you feel if that stupid booking you earned yourself yesterday means you miss a final ?

ShanksSaidNo
11-03-2012, 10:07 AM

David who?

jgl07
11-03-2012, 03:50 PM
I think a booking apply to the competition your in and straight red cards are any competition

Red Cards apply in the same competition. However if the Red Card was for violent conduct, it applies in the next match in any competition.

IberianHibernian
11-03-2012, 07:18 PM
Apart from Wotherspoon who`s on a booking going into semi ?

cabbageandribs1875
11-03-2012, 07:21 PM
Apart from Wotherspoon who`s on a booking going into semi ?

no bookings v killie, and just stevenson against cowdenbeath

Andy74
11-03-2012, 07:22 PM
I think Lewis was booked for his reaction from the looks of it at the time.

CropleyWasGod
11-03-2012, 07:38 PM
Any need ..?..David who scored v Cowdenbeath to secure our next round game v Ayr ...

**** off wi your petty digs eh ...

Think he was referring to the fact that the poster called him "Weatherspoon".

blackpoolhibs
11-03-2012, 07:43 PM
Any need ..?..David who scored v Cowdenbeath to secure our next round game v Ayr ...

**** off wi your petty digs eh ...
Superb, the voice of reason speaks.

HibbyAndy
11-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Stevenson's booking yesterday was a total joke, Can only imagine it was for back chat as the player ran into him, Mega loss for the semi's you better believe it.

Simply outstanding again yesterday, Easy ball every single time but yet so effective, Actually love this wee guy.

MSK
11-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Superb, the voice of reason speaks.Eh ..?

blackpoolhibs
11-03-2012, 07:54 PM
Can't access smilies from my mobile, but pot and kettle would be sitting looking at you now.

MSK
11-03-2012, 08:00 PM
Can't access smilies from my mobile, but pot and kettle would be sitting looking at you now.So your using this thread to have a pop at me ..aye ..?

blackpoolhibs
11-03-2012, 08:06 PM
Naw using it to show how 2 faced you are, and how you seem to think there's one rule for you and one for others, something you accuse me of frequently.

MSK
11-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Naw using it to show how 2 faced you are, and how you seem to think there's one rule for you and one for others, something you accuse me of frequently.What the **** are you slavering about !! ffs ..I posted on a thread that had **** all to do with you now you are taking pots at me ..grow up ffs & stop hijacking the thread !!!

PaulSmith
11-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Osbourne and claris centre mid, Soares right and Ivan left.

SteveHFC
11-03-2012, 08:15 PM
Stevenson has been played brilliant all season. :not worth

Shame we will miss him in the Cup Semi.

HibbyAndy
11-03-2012, 08:19 PM
What the **** are you slavering about !! ffs ..I posted on a thread that had **** all to do with you now you are taking pots at me ..grow up ffs & stop hijacking the thread !!!

Are you trying to bypass the swear filter?, Im often reminded.

matty_f
11-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Osbourne and claris centre mid, Soares right and Ivan left.

:agree: That's what I'd go for. Not too shabby!

blackpoolhibs
11-03-2012, 08:21 PM
What the **** are you slavering about !! ffs ..I posted on a thread that had **** all to do with you now you are taking pots at me ..grow up ffs & stop hijacking the thread !!!
So now these threads are all yours, nothing to do with the rest of us?

jdships
11-03-2012, 08:29 PM
C'mon " Happy Hibby " and Blackpoolhibs" it's Sunday night why not just " kiss and make up" and go off and watch "Upstairs Downstairs "
:greengrin:wink:

blackpoolhibs
11-03-2012, 08:30 PM
As long as we can play by the same rules.

brog
11-03-2012, 08:35 PM
Just a thought but Lewis' pain could be Callum's gain. I think he could do that role for us & like LS would give cover to our LB.

AlbertK86
11-03-2012, 08:38 PM
Yep he'll be a miss.

I'll go for a mid four of Francomb (Doherty in at RB) Ozzy Claros and Soares.

Same next week but swap Lewis for Ozzy

GGTTH

MSK
11-03-2012, 09:01 PM
Apologies to Shankssaysno ...picked your post up wrong mate ..now deleted ..:aok:

blackpoolhibs
11-03-2012, 09:09 PM
Apologies to Shankssaysno ...picked your post up wrong mate ..now deleted ..:aok:

And now the backtracking begins.

hfc rd
11-03-2012, 09:21 PM
Yep he'll be a miss.

I'll go for a mid four of Francomb (Doherty in at RB) Ozzy Claros and Soares.

Same next week but swap Lewis for Ozzy

GGTTH

I agree with you there.

MSK
11-03-2012, 09:34 PM
And now the backtracking begins.Sent ye a pm mate ...:aok:

inglisavhibs
11-03-2012, 09:37 PM
Just a thought but Lewis' pain could be Callum's gain. I think he could do that role for us & like LS would give cover to our LB.

Booth ended up playing wide left in midfield for Brechin and did well in that roll. He would give us more of a threat going forward from the left although Ivan did well yesterday in the first half. Osbourne playing wide right doesn't work and you can see he is uncomfortable out there. Soares on the right, Claros and Osbourne in the middle and Stevenson or Booth on the left gives us a more balanced midfield. I actually didn't think our central midfield played that well yesterday despite the good result.

hfc rd
11-03-2012, 09:46 PM
Booth ended up playing wide left in midfield for Brechin and did well in that roll. He would give us more of a threat going forward from the left although Ivan did well yesterday in the first half. Osbourne playing wide right doesn't work and you can see he is uncomfortable out there. Soares on the right, Claros and Osbourne in the middle and Stevenson or Booth on the left gives us a more balanced midfield. I actually didn't think our central midfield played that well yesterday despite the good result.

Another good option. But then again booth hasn't played for quite a while, so he might look a bit off the pace.

inglisavhibs
11-03-2012, 09:53 PM
Another good option. But then again booth hasn't played for quite a while, so he might look a bit off the pace.

Think there might be a chance Fenlon might play Docherty in midfield against Hearts to give us some strength in there. Not sure if he has played there before. Otherwise we look a bit light weight for the battle we will have on Saturday. Osbourne missing is a blow.

down-the-slope
11-03-2012, 09:57 PM
Different view here....Glad Lewis got booked..

Not sure playing a Semi knowing you could miss a final is easy particularly in his role...

Maybe the other players can use getting to the Final for him extra motivation

Remember he HAS been to a final and won in a hibs jersey - would love him to get another chance

Spike Mandela
12-03-2012, 07:32 AM
Would like to see us go 433 depending on opposition anyway:

Soares (Experienced CM) Claros Osbourne

Roy GoC Griffiths

I still think that midfield is the weak link in our team and we can't afford to play with a 3 against anyone.

blackpoolhibs
12-03-2012, 08:11 AM
Sent ye a pm mate ...:aok:

Loved THEM, they make good reading and will give me a good chuckle when i'm not a happyhibbie. :faf:

Andy74
12-03-2012, 08:34 AM
Osbourne has been shoved out to the right and isn't really suited to it. No big deal in brining him back in to the centre and getting Soares on the right.