PDA

View Full Version : Loan Signings...Three to Keep?

hibsbollah
10-03-2012, 08:32 PM
Hypothetical situation; we have enough cash at bank to pay fees and salary to make three of our loan signings permanent. All three want to stay and their clubs let them leave.

Which three would you pick?

Baldy Foghorn
10-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Tough one as I like them all, but definitely McPake for me...... Not sure who else though....

hibsbollah
10-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Tough one as I like them all, but definitely McPake for me...... Not sure who else though....

I found it really difficult, which just shows how good all SEVEN have been. I like all of them, but ive been boring and gone for the three defenders, who id like to build the team around.

Baldy Foghorn
10-03-2012, 08:52 PM
I found it really difficult, which just shows how good all SEVEN have been. I like all of them, but ive been boring and gone for the three defenders, who id like to build the team around.

Agree they have all added quality to the team, and have all done well.....McPake is a no nonsense centre half that I love watching, and has helped Hanlon get back to being better, Francome and Kujabi add attacking options to full back position, like Claros and like watching Griffiths, Soares was great at Killie although has picked up injury, really can't decide....Good question though.....

Badabing
10-03-2012, 08:56 PM
From what I've seen so far I'd sacrifice the lot to keep McPake. No disrespect to the rest but we desperately need a proper centre half who also leads.

nonshinyfinish
10-03-2012, 08:58 PM
From what I've seen so far I'd sacrifice the lot to keep McPake. No disrespect to the rest but we desperately need a proper centre half who also leads.

:agree:

Although it would be great to hang on to Leigh, Claros, and indeed most of the others, I'd be moving the earth to keep hold of McPake.

PaulSmith
10-03-2012, 09:00 PM
If Wolves remain in the EPL then he could stay with us, get relegated and they may look to keep him if they offload others to shave wage bill

Liam89
10-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Really like the look of Francombe, shame we can't keep them all!

thebakerboy
10-03-2012, 09:21 PM
Got to try and keep McPake and Griffiths but much as I like Claros , we do not have another right back at the club and his set piece delivery is better than anyone else so I would settle for Francome

essexhibee
10-03-2012, 09:23 PM
I genuinely couldn't whittle down to three. Simply too difficult. McPake would be the first choice by miles, finally we could have the answer at CB in him. :aok:

Think all the other's bring great things to the team, if pushed I'd say I wouldn't mind losing either Francomb or Doherty but not both as they are both capable RB's.

Westie1875
10-03-2012, 09:25 PM
McPake & Griffiths definitely.

Torn on the other, Soares is clearly very good but not sure of his fitness, Claros also quality but it has been far too long since we had a decent right back so would probably go for Francomb.

Wotherspiniesta
10-03-2012, 09:31 PM
McPake & Griffiths definitely.

Torn on the other, Soares is clearly very good but not sure of his fitness, Claros also quality but it has been far too long since we had a decent right back so would probably go for Francomb.

That's exactly my feelings on it.

Right back has been a problem position for us for such a long time now, so I'd go for Francomb based on that.

However, a scoring midfielder is also something we've been lacking so Soares would be a good addition aswell.

Jonnyboy
10-03-2012, 10:13 PM
I went for .........

McPake - at last a decent centre half and he's brought PH on leaps and bounds

Claros - just getting better and better with every game

Griffiths - pace, movement and goals. Ideal striker

HibeeMG
10-03-2012, 11:47 PM
I went for .........

Ditto and for the same reasons. Thanks for saving me typing time. :greengrin

hibee92
11-03-2012, 02:36 AM
Very difficult. I went for McPake, Griffiths and Claros. But RO'D and Soares would be fantastic additions.

Hibercelona
11-03-2012, 03:50 AM
Going with the masses here.

McPake, Griffiths & Claros.

sven nil
11-03-2012, 06:23 AM
I dont think claros is on loan.......think you missed out Ritchie Tow...............nah forget him!!!!!

Callum_62
11-03-2012, 06:37 AM
I dont think claros is on loan.......think you missed out Ritchie Tow...............nah forget him!!!!!

Claros is defo on loan - 12 months I think.

We'd be highly unlikely to be able to afford him permanently

McPake for sure for me.

If it could be any three then defo Mcpake, Claros, Griffiths.

Thats 3 good players in the spine of the team.

Soares may be good, but been far too injury prone to merit signing permanently

col02
11-03-2012, 07:37 AM
McPake for sure as he has brought Hanlon back to form and inspires confidence in his team mates and fans alike. Francombe as he is a very good attacking right back with a good delivery to him and excellent pace. Griffiths as for me he is the best striker we have had since Fletcher left and defends from the front while never giving defenders any peace. Sadly would keep a few more too but if pushed for three it would be these three.

Billy Whizz
11-03-2012, 08:23 AM
I thought Claros was a Hibs player although only on a 12 month deal?
The money from the Cup run will help secure a few of these guys for next season

Callum_62
11-03-2012, 08:29 AM
nah, 12 month loan from Motagua

Leighonel
11-03-2012, 08:30 AM
Mcpake - everything has already been said.
Leigh - Very good striker. Good control, skill, awareness and his attitude is getting better.
This is difficult now...It would be Claros or Doherty.
Claros - he knows where to be rarely gives the ball away and his passing ability is class
Doherty - Very good defender imo, surprised no one else has chosen him.
Really can't decide, probably Doherty because we have Claros until January and could always be greedy and sign him when his loan expires.

Malonga's Cat
11-03-2012, 09:29 AM
:agree:

Although it would be great to hang on to Leigh, Claros, and indeed most of the others, I'd be moving the earth to keep hold of McPake.

My thoughts exactly. McPake is what we are missing desperately. I just hope he is not outwith our budget come the summer.

lucky
11-03-2012, 09:34 AM
I can't believe someone has NOT voted for McPake. He has been outstanding since signing

hibsbollah
11-03-2012, 09:37 AM
I can't believe som
eone has NOT voted for McPake. He has been outstanding since signing

126 out of 128 votes for McPake. Thats an overwhelning mandate, even accounting for the occasional yam infiltrator :greengrin

Wilson
11-03-2012, 09:40 AM
McPake, Doherty, Francombe.

Not easy.

basehibby
11-03-2012, 11:09 AM
I went for .........

:agree: I went for the same lot - a spine for the team basically!

Got to be said that ALL the loans have shown promise, but these three have been the most convincing by far.

frazeHFC
11-03-2012, 11:14 AM
I went for .........

Same as me :agree:

Jones28
11-03-2012, 01:16 PM
Going with the masses here.

McPake, Griffiths & Claros.

Likewise :agree:

Either of the 2 RB's as well...then there's Kujabi too. Very difficult choices. Either a good thing or a bad thing, whether or not you're a glass-half-full or a glass-half-empty kind guy :wink:

*Kujabi isn't on loan :doh:

snooky
11-03-2012, 01:25 PM
I can't believe someone has NOT voted for McPake. He has been outstanding since signing

O'Hanlon? :wink:

Monts
11-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Likewise :agree:

Either of the 2 RB's as well...then there's Kujabi too. Very difficult choices. Either a good thing or a bad thing, whether or not you're a glass-half-full or a glass-half-empty kind guy :wink:

Dont think Kujabi is on loan is he?

Franck is God
11-03-2012, 04:35 PM
I think we have a realistic chance of signing Griffiths, McPake & O'Donovan permanently in the summer. Soares will actually be a free agent in the summer as his deal with Stoke runs out so he could sign on at ER for another season or two.

It looks like Norwich will stay in the Prem for at least another year so I doubt Francome will be required so we may get him for a full season. If Wolves go down I could see Doherty playing a lot of games for them in the Championship at right back or centre half so I think any chance of him staying is gone.

Claros is signed until the end of December so will at least see out 2012 as a Hibs player.

Jones28
12-03-2012, 08:50 AM
Dont think Kujabi is on loan is he?

Just checked and he's not :aok:

My mistake

PeterboroHibee
12-03-2012, 11:56 AM
McPake is definitely the one we need to keep, not only a great player but a leader.

The other two Id like us to keep would be Griffiths and Doherty but not sure how that would work out, especially as Doherty spoke about getting into the Wolves first team. Realistically Id be happy with any of them staying though, other than McPake its hard to choose between the other 6, theyve all been good.

J-C
12-03-2012, 12:03 PM
Definately McPake as we need a leader on the park, willing to put his body on the line.

Griffiths is a Hibs lad with bags full of talent, still a bit raw but with the right coaching and management, could turn out as the next Hibs hero.

Claros is just a wee gem, strolls through a game and if we can get him signed permanently, will be a wee earner for us when he moves on.

Franck is God
12-03-2012, 01:22 PM
Claros is just a wee gem, strolls through a game and if we can get him signed permanently, will be a wee earner for us when he moves on.

He is a 'wee gem' but the reason he is on loan here is to get some exposure of playing football in Europe so that he can be a big earner for the club that owns him back in Honduras.

kentao
12-03-2012, 02:03 PM
I've went for the spine of the team and looking to build round these players with some more experience players and youth players.

Mcpake
Claros
Griffiths

All of them have been a step up from what Calderwood had left.

In Pat We Trust.

edinburghhibee
12-03-2012, 03:06 PM
McPake - been awesome for us, showed his class on saturday when in the first half the Ayr player ran diagonally across the box and O'Hanlon or Hanlon would have dived in an given away a pen but Pakey just jockied him back out the box and took the ball off him close to the corner flag right in front of the hibs fans. A must keep.

Sparky - Loads of heart, loves the club cant have too many players like that in the team.

3rd choice was a hard pick it was between Claros and Francomb I went for Claros for the simple reason that every team needs a solid backbone and McPake and Claros along with Lewis gives us that. Francomb is a good rightback and his cross for our first on Saturday was exactly the type of cross we have been lacking the last few seasons.

Andy74
12-03-2012, 03:23 PM
I do like both right backs and they would be tricky to replace. Soares gives us an attacking midfield threat that we lack and would need replaced and O'Donovan works very hard and is quick.

However, McPake is exactly what we need to lead us for the next few years so he has to be number one on the keep list.

Griffiths is quality and a Hibby - I'd have him next.

Claros is possibly the best footballer we've had since Sauzee and there is a lot more to come from him so he'd be next.

Judas Iscariot
12-03-2012, 03:51 PM
I went for .........

Snap :aok:

Franck Stanton
12-03-2012, 06:43 PM
Like 99% of posters my first choice was McPake, really good c/h and just the type of player we have been crying out for for number of years now.
2nd pick - Francome - good, solid r/b , again a problem position for us for years.
3rd pick - Chose Soars, good goalscoring midfield player. Claros is the better over-all player but, imo, we wont be able to hold onto him even if we wanted to, Hibs are just his "Shop window". Not got a problem with that as we get the services of a really good player whilst he impresses any suitors.

beensaidbefore
12-03-2012, 08:38 PM

But we need to sign him for 3 or 4 years otherwise I fear 1 1/2 good seasons and we'll end up getting a crappy price or he'll run down his contract.

blackpoolhibs
12-03-2012, 08:47 PM
McPake, he's 29 in june a 3 year contract please.

Griffiths, loves the club and looks like he wants to play for us, 4 year contract please.

Claros would be my next choice, but i dont think we have much hope in getting him on a longer contract.

So Francombe it is for the 3rd one, coming onto a good game now, 4 years again please.

I like Soares and Doherty, but imagine they have a future at a higher level, i'd take them again on loan though for another season. :greengrin

BroxburnHibee
12-03-2012, 08:58 PM
Mcpake, Claros and Sparky.

S.sct
12-03-2012, 09:49 PM
McPake, Sparky and Francombe. Would have gone for Doherty but don't think that would be an option. Have doubts about Soares fitness and don't fancy O'Donovan (happy to be proved wrong though). Claros may be an option on a short term deal if no offers in the summer.

seven nowt
13-03-2012, 03:00 PM
McPake, Griffiths and Doherty

Plenty time to see Claros play and i've been impressed with Soares, if only he could play more than once in every 3 games!!

Kujabi's not on loan and o'donovan looks a bit panicky when he gets the ball but i'd take them all.

CmoantheHibs
13-03-2012, 03:40 PM
for me McPake as his influence spreads all around the team and he is exactly what has been missing from our defence for a long time.Claros is class and helps steady people around him and will only get better when there is less pressure on the team.My third choice would be Doherty.I think this guy is a fantastic defender and is probably one of the best prospects Ive seen for a while at ER.

MoscowHibs
13-03-2012, 04:24 PM
Ye never know, we might just win thon cup, european fitbaw and faith in the masses tae see a surge in ST sales, and we can keep them all.

stokesmessiah
13-03-2012, 04:39 PM
Ye never know, we might just win thon cup, european fitbaw and faith in the masses tae see a surge in ST sales, and we can keep them all.

Was going to say this myself, if we were to get through to the final and have european football next season as well as secured our SPL status then i think that PF might find his job a lot easier in trying to convince some of these guys to stay.

Hibbyradge
13-03-2012, 04:50 PM
As it's a hypothetical question, I voted for Claros, Francombe and McPake.

Unfortunately, I doubt any of the loan signings will stay.

sesoim
13-03-2012, 07:07 PM
We've needed a big ball winning CH for ages, so now that we have McPake we have to keep him. Soares scores goals from midfield so I would keep him if poss (highly unlikely though. I'd also choose Grffiths because he is improving and as he's a Hibs fan he will be that extra bit more determined.