PDA

View Full Version : Hope you all enjoyed Somerset

19AYR10
10-03-2012, 08:09 PM
I hope all the Hibee fans enjoyed their day oot at a real fitba grun.

That is the worst Ayr performance I've seen this season but Hibs did what they needed to do. They took the wind out of our sails in the first 25 minutes. The less said about the referee the better.:dunno:

Did anyone NOT have a good day? Did the older guys like the fact they could stand up and have a wee smoke during the match?

Best of luck in the cup, we'll just keep pegging away in the league trying to secure 1st DIV safety. Well done Fenlon.

frazeHFC
10-03-2012, 08:12 PM
I loved it, one of my favourite ever away trips! :thumbsup:

Bar Cowdenbeath that was awful, that was my first proper terracing experience and it was class. :flag:

Baldy Foghorn
10-03-2012, 08:13 PM

That is the worst Ayr performance I've seen this season but Hibs did what they needed to do. They took the wind out of our sails in the first 25 minutes. The less said about the referee the better.:dunno:

Did anyone NOT have a good day? Did the older guys like the fact they could stand up and have a wee smoke during the match?

Best of luck in the cup, we'll just keep pegging away in the league trying to secure 1st DIV safety. Well done Fenlon.

An utter hovel, good of the police to keep gates closed getting fans frustrated at the same time.....Hope I never have to go back to that "real fitba grun" ever again

19AYR10
10-03-2012, 08:15 PM
An utter hovel, good of the police to keep gates closed getting fans frustrated at the same time.....Hope I never have to go back to that "real fitba grun" ever again

You'll be hoping you don't get relegated then.:wink:

down-the-slope
10-03-2012, 08:15 PM

Great day Thanks - found a nice wee pub just before william hills in high st and were very welcoming...

While I think you are right that you were below par - I think that does our players a dis-service given the way they got on top and kept the ball.

Second half you were on top possesion wise but we are not the defensive softies of previous years and other than a couple of corners we coped well.

We could / should have been 3 or 4 up at HT so glad that did not come back to bite us

I know you had planned to move and economy stopped this...on the one hand its a 'dump' of a ground...on the other its everything that corporate football has left behind....not sure how the balance can be found...

Hope you keep in Div 1 ....or SPL 2 if the moves to breal OF monopoly work

Baldy Foghorn
10-03-2012, 08:18 PM

We wont :greengrin

s.a.m
10-03-2012, 08:18 PM

Good luck with that! Hope you stay up. I was sorry not to make it through today - long time since I've been to Somerset Park, and (Obviously not everyone agrees......but) I like these 'real'gruns :thumbsup:

WindyMiller
10-03-2012, 08:23 PM

Posted this on another thread:

What a barry day out!
:agree:

An excellent lunch in Saffy's Cafe, couple of pints in the Bowling Club, a step through into the 1970's and a Hibs' win.

19AYR10
10-03-2012, 08:25 PM

What a barry day out!

An excellent lunch in Saffy's Cafe, couple of pints in the Bowling Club, a step through into the 1970's and a Hibs' win.

Posh bugger.

hibee62
10-03-2012, 08:28 PM

Well, yeah... :greengrin

fat freddy
10-03-2012, 08:41 PM
nice day out...parked 5 minutes from the ground, caught a quick pint in the bowling club where we sat with five ayr fans and had a good laugh...left the bowling club and were lucky enough to watch a running battle involving a load of 45 year old casuals and baton weilding cops on horses....into the ground and its just as i remember it on my last visit in 1978, a nice wee hibs win and a quick getaway after the match....lovely,just like the old days.

Lofarl
10-03-2012, 08:48 PM
Never went, but was there last time we played you. Cracking trip bar the result that time. I love proper old school grounds. Give me that over the soulless Lego stands that are all too common nowadays. Good luck Ayr.

Hibernia&Alba
10-03-2012, 08:58 PM
Fantastic atmosphere, a good crowd and a proper cup tie. Those are the games you can't help but enjoy, especially when you win. As for the referee, I need to see the decisions for the free-kick and the penalty again. I know the Ayr fans were raging.

1875_hibs
10-03-2012, 09:59 PM

What a barry day out!

Good choice! Amazing grub and part owned by a Hibby!

Jonnyboy
10-03-2012, 10:01 PM

Ya big greetin' faced softie :greengrin

I know you'd rather be in a comfy seat wi' a tartan blanket over yer knees but I loved that 70's experience today :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
10-03-2012, 10:16 PM
Ya big greetin' faced softie :greengrin

I know you'd rather be in a comfy seat wi' a tartan blanket over yer knees but I loved that 70's experience today :wink:

I much prefer sitting, my wee legs hurt:greengrin

Special mention regarding gents bog, which had room for only 4 at the urinal, and my nice pumps got covered in pish, after wading through it........:rolleyes:

IWasThere2016
10-03-2012, 10:23 PM
Pumps n pish in a toilet .. What a scandal :wink: :greengrin

s.a.m
10-03-2012, 10:31 PM

Special mention regarding gents bog, which had room for only 4 at the urinal, and my nice pumps got covered in pish, after wading through it........:rolleyes:

:dunno:

7973 :aok:

frazeHFC
10-03-2012, 10:34 PM

5 of us were squished in when i was there. Should have done what one guy did, open the turnstile door, go in and pish there. :hilarious

SaulGoodman
10-03-2012, 10:41 PM
Watching sportscene, seemed a decent penalty claim.

Baldy Foghorn
10-03-2012, 10:54 PM
:dunno:

7973 :aok:

Eh not my colour:wink:

nonshinyfinish
10-03-2012, 10:54 PM
Watching sportscene

:grr:

Baldy Foghorn
10-03-2012, 10:55 PM
5 of us were squished in when i was there. Should have done what one guy did, open the turnstile door, go in and pish there. :hilarious

Wish I had thought of that:greengrin

Cabbage East
10-03-2012, 11:02 PM
Its a cracking ground, proper old school bounce.

madabouthibs
10-03-2012, 11:11 PM
Sinks?
I seen a big 4 man urinal, and 2 wee ones for tall blokes........ :dunno:

CallumLaidlaw
11-03-2012, 12:10 AM

Very friendly welcome in the horseshoe bar. Free coffee for our designated driver, free sandwiches and pasties.

If you've seen sports end you might not hate the ref as much :wink:

monktonharp
11-03-2012, 01:34 AM
Its a cracking ground, proper old school bounce.:agree:enjoyed the day,the wee grund, everything about it reminded me of yesteryear. sentimental auld bugger that I am, and the young lady on the exit gate was very nice indeed:greengrin with a broad ayrshire accent. she was braw.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-03-2012, 01:44 AM
BF, pumps, wtf is that all about?

There was about half a dozen pumps in The Greys Mill that I spotted whilst having a couple of late night libations, I wouldnae have tried to slide my feet into them though!

hibee92
11-03-2012, 02:25 AM
Fair play to you for coming on here mate, but honestly, I really really really despise Ayr United and hope they get pumped every week. But as I say, credit where its due, not many Hibbys would be on anothers forum after a loss.

Malonga's Cat
11-03-2012, 09:17 AM
Great day out at Ayr! I enjoyed visiting an old style ground. It was a good atmosphere in the railway end. Penalty claim was sound, can't argue with it i'm afraid.

HibbyAndy
11-03-2012, 10:45 AM
Its a cracking ground, proper old school bounce.

Loved my time yesterday! Million times better standing in an old terracing :agree:as opposed to sitting down..Also more people tend to sing when standing up..Thoroughly loved my time yesterday and if only we brought back standing to every ground but im not opening a can of worms.

Excellent day out.

Lucius Apuleius
11-03-2012, 10:48 AM
At the risk of sounding an old spoilsport I have to admit I found the experience less than enjoyable. Great time before the game, lunch in one pub ten up to The Courtyard where a party was in full flow with the yams on the box. Excellent fun. On way to game guy walking behind us, pissed, trips and manages to headbutt the missus on the back of her head. Full of drunken apologies so not a huge problem. Obviously I had had a couple of pints of the black stuff myself but the number of paralytic His supports yesterday was way way more than I have ever seen before. Quite obvious some of them were not going to be allowed in and standing in the queue saw a couple of guys being denied access.Inside, first goal, a huddle of Hibbies threw themselves down the terracing, the missus gets knocked to the ground and in the end had to go to first aid and get her arm bandaged up.Flares?? Absolutely nae need at all in my opinion.Bottom line, thank christ for all seated stadia. Missuss has been going to games with me for over thirty years (I need driver so as i can have a beer:-)) and that is the first time she has ever said that she did not enjoy it and wouldn't be going back to any non seated stadia. As memtioned earlier regarding the flares, I really don't give a **** if the youngsters disagree but I think they are absolutely stupid. Guy in the tutu, funny, but got what he deserved. Gates being locked at full time and not letting people out, police should be taken to task for that. Apart from the above, an enjoyable day out, good support ( too many Mercer songs imo, but that is ok at least it was vocal) Got the impression there were a few people there who were not in the habit of going to footbal matches, semi and hopefully the final will bring even more obviously. Hope to **** they behave.

Hibernia Na Eir
11-03-2012, 11:10 AM

i'd worry about your own team. Looking at your table, your far from safety :agree:

Winston Ingram
11-03-2012, 11:27 AM
Great stadium

.Sean.
11-03-2012, 11:39 AM
Is Somerset the last of these 'old style grounds'? I really enjoyed it. Cracking day out.

RIP
11-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Great day out.

Met up with other members of Perth branch and got a lift down which made it a great change from driving. Wandered about a bit before deciding to go straight into Somerset Park. So glad I did. We had a great sing song behind the goals while the players were warming up and this supporters / player interaction helps get everybody even more pumped up.

Terracing was a hoot, met up with so many old mates. A natural extension of our standing section at Easter Road where you can wander about and have a guid craik. Bounce flag, St Pat's Flag, Fenlon Banner, Other banners including a great Poles on Tour :thumbsup:. I loved seeing the young Sect43 team wi their 2-sticks. Not all the singing came from there though there were about 4 different areas starting songs or banging on the cladding. The singing on our way out was magic as was the acknowledgement of us by some (not all) of the players.

Good professional performance by the team and I'm sure there were 2 James McPake's on the park?

Downsides. The bogging cheeseburger that gave me a dose of the gary glitters on the journey hame. The pis heids that I saw at Carlisle who go to 4 games a season and get reekin even spraying beer about behind the goals. That used tae be me though so I cannae pass judgement. :embarrass. Still their mentalness ensure an even louder atmosphere than other wise. Fitba downside was the way we stopped playing fitba after the second goal and resorted to hoof which only entices the opposition to run at you

Well done to everybody - players and supporters

Perthshire Branch bus for the semi? Ya dancer!!

Winston Ingram
11-03-2012, 01:37 PM

RickyS
11-03-2012, 02:18 PM
Pumps n pish in a toilet .. What a scandal :wink: :greengrin

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin
wonder if the pumps were during the pish or before it?

Winston Ingram
11-03-2012, 02:20 PM
http://img268.imagevenue.com/loc39/th_474880461_IMG_2808_122_39lo.JPG[/URL] http://img233.imagevenue.com/loc438/th_474905974_IMG_2809_122_438lo.JPG (http://img233.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=474905974_IMG_2809_122_438lo.JPG) http://img136.imagevenue.com/loc82/th_474930736_IMG_2810_122_82lo.JPG (http://img136.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=474930736_IMG_2810_122_82lo.JPG)
http://img195.imagevenue.com/loc364/th_474955144_IMG_2811_122_364lo.JPG (http://img195.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=474955144_IMG_2811_122_364lo.JPG) http://img180.imagevenue.com/loc640/th_474977261_IMG_2812_122_640lo.JPG (http://img180.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=474977261_IMG_2812_122_640lo.JPG) http://img5.imagevenue.com/loc511/th_475001746_IMG_2813_122_511lo.JPG (http://img5.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=475001746_IMG_2813_122_511lo.JPG)
http://img194.imagevenue.com/loc79/th_475006502_IMG_2814_122_79lo.JPG (http://img194.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=475006502_IMG_2814_122_79lo.JPG) http://img14.imagevenue.com/loc462/th_475038593_IMG_2815_122_462lo.JPG (http://img14.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=475038593_IMG_2815_122_462lo.JPG)

Nakedmanoncrack
11-03-2012, 08:14 PM
Great day out yesterday, easily the most enjoyable of the season.:agree:

The Baldmans Comb
11-03-2012, 11:37 PM
A great day out and very friendly locals and a great atmosphere from both sets of supporters and if there is any town with more boozers than Ayr then I've yet to see it.

Funniest moment was watching the 45 year old to 50 year old casuals trying to recreate their youth. :greengrin

Sorry lads you were laughed at by the scarfers 20 years ago and nothing much has changed except you just get that little bit sadder.

silverhibee
12-03-2012, 12:50 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4187629/No-fake-TV-glamour-just-genuine-Cup-drama-for-real-fans.html