PDA

View Full Version : One game away from Europe, possibly!

HibeeSince85
10-03-2012, 05:49 PM
What's your thoughts?

Hibbyradge
10-03-2012, 05:50 PM
Good question.

stokesmessiah
10-03-2012, 05:50 PM
What's your thoughts?

Can just see us rubbing shoulders with a EPL team, Athletic Bilbao and the likes !!

HibeeSince85
10-03-2012, 05:54 PM
Thank you Radge:greengrin

I'm not sure if it's a good thing or not, I mean Europe is Europe and that's where we want Hibs, but big re-building job this summer and Europe means an earlier start.

This is all hypothetical at the moment though.

Houchy
10-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Was it not changed that, from this season, you had to win it to qualify automatically or did that rule never go ahead?:confused:

ShanksSaidNo
10-03-2012, 06:03 PM
******in Yas! Hampden ya bass!

HibeeSince85
10-03-2012, 06:05 PM
Was it not changed that, from this season, you had to win it to qualify automatically or did that rule never go ahead?:confused:

If we played Celtic or Motherwell in the final then I think regardless of the winner we would qualify for the Europa League as both should qualify for europe through their league placings.

I think!:wink:

nonshinyfinish
10-03-2012, 06:12 PM
If we played Celtic or Motherwell in the final then I think regardless of the winner we would qualify for the Europa League as both should qualify for europe through their league placings.

I think!:wink:

As I remember it, that only applies if the winners have qualified for the Champion's League, so it would depend on where Motherwell finish/when the dirty Govanites implode.

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-03-2012, 06:12 PM
I would rather face anyone other than Celtc or Well in the final and have a decent shot at winning it, rather having a euro place as a consolation.

Dashing Bob S
10-03-2012, 06:13 PM
Any idea where next year's Europa Cup finals are to be held?

Lee
10-03-2012, 06:16 PM
I would rather face anyone other than Celtc or Well in the final and have a decent shot at winning it, rather having a euro place as a consolation.

To be honest, if someone offered me a chance of a final vs. Motherwell today, I'd bite yer hand off for it!!:thumbsup:

jonny
10-03-2012, 06:23 PM
As I remember it, that only applies if the winners have qualified for the Champion's League, so it would depend on where Motherwell finish/when the dirty Govanites implode.

This is accurate.
Winning the Scottish cup gives the most Europa European points so whoever does goes in at the latest Europa League stage for a Scottish team (1st round I think) and the team that qualifies through league position is next best.
If the team that wins the cup also qualifies for the champions league qualifier then the runners up of the Scottish cup earn the least Europa points and the team that qualifies through league position comes in at the latest stage.
If the team that wins the Scottish cup also qualifies for the Europa League due to league position then the extra Europa league place goes to the team that is next in the league and not the runners up of the cup - this is because winning the Scottish cup gives a higher European seeding and so the team winning the cup takes that place as opposed to their place for league position.

Confused? I think I've just confused myself but the info is correct.

hibsbollah
10-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Any idea where next year's Europa Cup finals are to be held?

The Amsterdam Arena. An appropriate ampitheatre
for Fenlon's boys to lift their first European silverware.

Now i think about it, i might get an Amsterdam 2013 Hibs Europa Cup Winners tattoo.

Dashing Bob S
10-03-2012, 06:32 PM
The Amsterdam Arena. An appropriate ampitheatre
for Fenlon's boys to lift their first European silverware.

I'm looking forward to that trip already. Would love to see us go into the Europa Cup final as SC runners-up, in order to preserve our record in that tourney.

HibeeSince85
10-03-2012, 06:39 PM
I'm looking forward to that trip already. Would love to see us go into the Europa Cup final as SC runners-up, in order to preserve our record in that tourney.

Can we not go there as winners? Give the team much more confidence in preparation for European domination.

Dashing Bob S
10-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Can we not go there as winners? Give the team much more confidence in preparation for European domination.

Confidence? Like we need any more of that!

Okay...you've talked me into it.