PDA

View Full Version : Francombe

hibsbollah
10-03-2012, 02:18 PM
The best taker of a dead ball we've had for years. :aok:

erin go bragh
10-03-2012, 02:44 PM
The best taker of a dead ball we've had for years. :aok:
Deeks could hit a mean free kick ,more so in his earlier stint with us tho .
ggtth

Hibs7
10-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Would be good to sign him up permanent.

stokesmessiah
10-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Would be good to sign him up permanent.

I think we have no chance. I am sure at the time we signed him up he had just signed an extension and Lambert had been talking him up saying how he had a good future.

Speedy
10-03-2012, 06:48 PM
One of my thoughts from the Aberdeen game was that it was good to have someone to take corners, him and Kujabi were both good.

hibsbollah
10-03-2012, 07:00 PM
ggtth

I thought Deeks dead ball antics were mixed at best. As much as i liked Zouma his free kicks were usually poor. John Rankin took corners last year which was an alltime low. In the 4 games ive seen Francombe play hes put in dangerous balls regularly in every match. Early days but its a sign he is consistent as well as being quality.

Iain G
11-03-2012, 03:55 AM
I thought Deeks dead ball antics were mixed at best. As much as i liked Zouma his free kicks were usually poor. John Rankin took corners last year which was an alltime low. In the 4 games ive seen Francombe play hes put in dangerous balls regularly in every match. Early days but its a sign he is consistent as well as being quality.

Bout time we found a replacement corner taker, not been the same since Zitelli left :wink:

number9dream
11-03-2012, 11:53 AM
With Ozzy & Sproule suspended next weekend, it might be worth bringing Doherty in at right back and pushing Francomb up to right midfield.

Sammy7nil
11-03-2012, 12:09 PM

You must be very hard to please Deek was easily the best Hibs player at delivering a dead ball in recent memory. His free kicks were great you always thought he could score unlike Zemmama and Rankin who loved to hit the wall. Deeks corners caused all sorts of trouble we have had no one any where close to him, I hope francomb can half as consistent.

Hibees07
01-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Francombe - Not sure if this was brought up in any other thread after the game on Sunday but he totally sold the jersey with that shocking attempt at a tackle in the move that led to the St.Mirren goal. For a team desperate for points it was such a schoolboy error and I hope he got hammered my PF & BB in the changing room after the game.

Had he stayed on his feet instead of lunging for a ball he was never going to get St.Mirren would never have scored and we would most likely have come away with a crucial point.:brickwall

DH1875
01-05-2012, 05:00 PM
I'm not seeing it if I'm honest. Sure he can hit a ball but he's been awful in a few games I've seen. Motherwell especially comes to mind when Humphrey continued to rip him a new one.

scoopyboy
01-05-2012, 05:03 PM
With Ozzy & Sproule suspended next weekend, it might be worth bringing Doherty in at right back and pushing Francomb up to right midfield.

Where on earth did you get that from?

oops just saw you posted that in March.

For the DAFC game we have Sparky and Wotherspoon out and they have Keddie.

Mikey
01-05-2012, 05:05 PM
Where on earth did you get that from?

It's an old thread that's been dredged up just to have a go at Francomb.

HibbyAndy
01-05-2012, 05:06 PM
Is it Norwich he is oan loan from?.

Hibbyradge
01-05-2012, 05:06 PM
Is it Norwich he is oan loan from?.

:agree:

truehibernian
01-05-2012, 05:07 PM
I'm not seeing it if I'm honest. Sure he can hit a ball but he's been awful in a few games I've seen. Motherwell especially comes to mind when Humphrey continued to rip him a new one.

Humphrey has ripped a fair few SPL full backs on his day and when on his game. Humphrey's problem, much like a young Ivan, is consistency, but he has all the attributes to be a top level player in the SPL and/or Championship. I wouldn't be too harsh on Francomb using CH as an example.

HibbyAndy
01-05-2012, 05:09 PM

Cheers :aok:

I like the guy, Would be delighted to see him sign on the dotted line for longer:agree:

Hibees07
01-05-2012, 05:29 PM
It's an old thread that's been dredged up just to have a go at Francomb.

It is an old thread dredged up as I remembered there was one about Francombe recently. It is also not to just have a go at Francombe as I think he should have played more, probably in centre mid.

The point is, on Sunday he sold the Jersey with a schoolboy error, the previous week Claros sold the Jersey with a stupid, un-necessary tackle in the box. These errors have cost us 2 points which would almost certainly have secured SPL football next season.

frazeHFC
01-05-2012, 05:32 PM
It is an old thread dredged up as I remembered there was one about Francombe recently. It is also not to just have a go at Francombe as I think he should have played more, probably in centre mid.

The point is, on Sunday he sold the Jersey with a schoolboy error, the previous week Claros sold the Jersey with a stupid, un-necessary tackle in the box. These errors have cost us 2 points which would almost certainly have secured SPL football next season.

5 points in last 2 dropped.

Wotherspiniesta
01-05-2012, 05:36 PM

So, what's the point?

"Oh look at me, I can have a go at a different Hibs player."

Sometimes I get the feeling people on here love sticking the boot into our players.

Hibees07
01-05-2012, 06:16 PM
So, what's the point?

"Oh look at me, I can have a go at a different Hibs player."

Sometimes I get the feeling people on here love sticking the boot into our players.

The point is pretty obvious, schoolboy errors are costing us dearly.
Unfortunately my head is not in the clouds like some on here, clearly some think the sun shines out of every players a**e no matter what they do.
Lets not bother having a forum cause the Hibees are magic and everything is rosy in the garden.

MSK
01-05-2012, 06:25 PM
Francombe - Not sure if this was brought up in any other thread after the game on Sunday but he totally sold the jersey with that shocking attempt at a tackle in the move that led to the St.Mirren goal. For a team desperate for points it was such a schoolboy error and I hope he got hammered my PF & BB in the changing room after the game.

Had he stayed on his feet instead of lunging for a ball he was never going to get St.Mirren would never have scored and we would most likely have come away with a crucial point.:brickwallDeary me ..the best players in the world **** up week in week out, the laddie made a mistake, **** happens..he didnt deliberately set out to get us done !! ..unbelievable ..:rolleyes:

Hiber-nation
01-05-2012, 06:38 PM
Deary me ..the best players in the world **** up week in week out, the laddie made a mistake, **** happens..he didnt deliberately set out to get us done !! ..unbelievable ..:rolleyes:

Its drama queenery reaching new levels....unbelievable.

hibsbollah
01-05-2012, 06:43 PM
Unfortunately my head is not in the clouds like some on here, clearly some think the sun shines out of every players a**e no matter what they do.
Lets not bother having a forum cause the Hibees are magic and everything is rosy in the garden.

Schoolboy errors? Like what? Slipping on a wet surface (francombe) or missing a penalty at a vital moment? (Messi).

marinello59
01-05-2012, 06:48 PM

Why didn't you just start a thread sticking the boot in to one of our players instead of dredging up an old one which was started to praise him? Don't bother answering, I already know.

Viking
01-05-2012, 06:50 PM
ggtth

still hope he never wears the green and white again...:wink:

MSK
01-05-2012, 06:52 PM
still hope he never wears the green and white again...:wink:Its ok yer safe ..dont think Deeks will be pissing in yer cornflakes again ..ye can get over it now ..

Wotherspiniesta
01-05-2012, 06:56 PM

It's not funny. :wink:

CropleyWasGod
01-05-2012, 07:00 PM

The standard Hibs.net response is, I believe "If you're gonny slag the laddie, at least spell his freaking name right."

hopefulhibby
01-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Give the lad a break he is 20yrs old, no wonder Boothy is out of the team, the young players must crap themselves when they put on a Hibs shirt

BEEJ
01-05-2012, 08:19 PM
The point is very obvious; so much so that it was made frequently on here on Sunday in the hours after the match.

You could have latched on to several different threads to add your tuppenceworth to what is now a well-worn discussion point. But well done for choosing this one.

essexhibee
01-05-2012, 08:49 PM
I think he could do a job at centre mid?

Northernhibee
01-05-2012, 08:53 PM

Well done, by pointing that out on an internet forum we'll be winning the Champions League in no time.

:yawn2:

Alfred E Newman
01-05-2012, 08:53 PM

I`ll bet he`s wearing it on May 19th.