PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Cup Qtr Final - March 2012

down-the-slope
10-03-2012, 07:00 AM
For all that we have had to endure over recent seasons, its amazing to think here we are still in the SC in March with not only the chance to have a decent distraction from the league....but just that wee glimer of doing the unthinkable and making it the best year ever in my lifetime :greengrin

Really looking forward to the way it used to be- almost the entire day taken up with trip to the match. The chance to have that one off match thrill where anything can happen. An away support rammed in making noise from start to finish.

Ok a night of beer and curry was not the ideal prematch preparation for a 200 mile round trip and Ayr's 1970 'facilities' - in fact right now my ring feels like it has had dettol and a wire brush treatment :shocked:

Still some brekkie to settle the 'nerves' a few chores and then off to collect my brother from his work in west lothian at 12 and then see if we can get to Ayr in time for a late lunch.....

Its a proper football day out.....

Lets hope the trip back is not one of those quiet ones like last time :rolleyes:

Going to test out the new M74 extension to avoid the Kingston bridge so that will be interesting as well.

last time I felt excited about a match was last cup game at Ayr - most matches feel like a duty these days...hopefully this is the start of renewed excitement about Hibs / Scottish football.

:flag:

down-the-slope
10-03-2012, 08:11 AM
Meant to say for those heading earlyfor grub / beer the large converted West Kirk Church Wetherspoons is a great option

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/pubs/the-west-kirk

Was Steak night last time there so managed a full mixed grill :cb

down-the-slope
10-03-2012, 11:01 AM
Sitting in the armpit that is whitburn just wating to pick up brother...passed by one early coach on way here. Getting very excited now :)