PDA

View Full Version : New presenter on football phone in

Littlest Hobo
09-03-2012, 06:44 PM
Reckons Hibs are the worst team he's seen this season, even worse than the Pars! WTF?

I know we have been bad but worse than Dunfermline? I don't think so.

Not sure if I like him, bit too cocky for me. Comes across as a bit of a comedian. Cock!

Betty Boop
09-03-2012, 06:53 PM
Reckons Hibs are the worst team he's seen this season, even worse than the Pars! WTF?

Not sure if I like him, bit too cocky for me. Comes across as a bit of a comedian. Cock!

Peter Martin ex Radio Clyde.

s.a.m
09-03-2012, 06:55 PM

Jambo.

Edit: my other half points out he's a Celtic fan, who is sympathetic to, and friendly with, Jambos.

tamig
09-03-2012, 07:06 PM
I noticed that this week. What happened to Fez? He wasn't the most knowledgeable about the game but seemed like a decent enough bloke.

HibbyRod
09-03-2012, 07:10 PM

Well, let's just hope that we prove the **** wrong on the park then !!! :greengrin

Jonnyboy
09-03-2012, 07:17 PM

I heard he was born Peter Maguire but changed his name so as to avoid grief from the Huns. Not sure if it's true but Martin/Maguire it makes no odds if he's a Jambo tw@t

SkintHibby
09-03-2012, 07:44 PM
A Tim with Jambo sympathies?

How ****ed up is that???:confused:

ian cruise
09-03-2012, 07:56 PM
I heard he was born Peter Maguire but changed his name so as to avoid grief from the Huns. Not sure if it's true but Martin/Maguire it makes no odds if he's a Jambo tw@t

Don't know if the reason behind the surname is true but I am of the belief his actual surname is Maguire.

If it was the Hibs team at the start of the season he is basing that judgement on then he's possibly not wrong, alot on here were saying similar. Obviously with Pf's signings we are looking much stronger, not only than Dunfermline, but alot of the other SPL teams. I think a few more results going our way and a big rise in confidence will see a great run to the end of the season and we will all forget just how worried we were at earlie points this year.

PaulSmith
09-03-2012, 08:07 PM
Who cares, the guy has an opinion and an agenda to make a name for himself and TBF up until 2 weeks ago only goal difference separated the two clubs so he ain't that far off the mark

smurf
09-03-2012, 08:35 PM
I'm sure he used to present hibs tv on Edinburgh Live around 1997-1998?

Mikey
09-03-2012, 08:37 PM
.........and TBF up until 2 weeks ago only goal difference separated the two clubs so he ain't that far off the mark

I've seen an awful lot worse from Hibs fans :agree:

matty_f
09-03-2012, 10:39 PM
There have been games this season where we've been the worst team I've seen all season, so he's got a point. Would point out that it was pre-new signings, though, and we've been one of the better teams I've seen this season at times since.

smurf
09-03-2012, 11:47 PM
I'm sure he used to present hibs tv on Edinburgh Live around 1997-1998?

Actually it wasn't Edinburgh Live it was SKY Scottish which was some link up between SKY and STV.

H18sry
10-03-2012, 08:29 AM
I've been to a few sportsmans breakfast where he has compared and he is a very funny guy :agree:

Green forever
10-03-2012, 08:47 AM
On the very few occasions that I have had the misfortune to hear the RR football phone in, I quickly came to the conclusion that it was radio for the mentally challenged, full of OF knuckle draggers who could barely string two words together.

degenerated
10-03-2012, 08:57 AM
I've been to a few sportsmans breakfast where he has compared and he is a very funny guy :agree:

Who did he compare to :greengrin

007 Mickey Weir
10-03-2012, 08:57 AM

Same here. Is able to rip into anyone. But does it well.

H18sry
10-03-2012, 08:59 AM
Who did he compare to :greengrin

You :greengrin

Spike Mandela
10-03-2012, 10:00 AM
Do non OF fans still listen to the RR phone in? Seriously?:confused:

It was the worst piece of radio in the world when it was Ewan and Roughie.

007 Mickey Weir
10-03-2012, 10:31 AM
Do non OF fans still listen to the RR phone in? Seriously?:confused:

It was the worst piece of radio in the world when it was Ewan and Roughie.

I do like Roughie and even DJ is quiet funny for a blue nose. But have to agree it is pretty boring listening to Weegie neds phone in about the ugly sisters. More of a TalkSport man myself.

Mikeystewart
10-03-2012, 10:44 AM

To be fair its a close call, other than some magic early on in the season from GOC I would say we where (pre january) about the same level.

heretoday
10-03-2012, 11:17 AM
Don't listen to phone-ins. They are full of self-righteous morons on both sides of the mike.