PDA

View Full Version : In Rod I trust.

madabouthibs
08-03-2012, 09:45 PM
With all the "fun" in the news about Der Hun recently, and the awful running of the club that has finally seen them being brought to their knees, I feel it brings to the fore the role that Rod Petrie, and others at the club of course, has played in making sure Hibs have a pretty sure footing in Scottish football, at least in business terms.
Obviously the team isn't performing on the park right now, and hasn't for a wee while, but it has to be said, I'd rather be a Hibee right now than a Hun, or a Yam, too much speculating not enough accumulating. Even Celtic are too stupid to realise that, without Rangers, they would be losing out bigtime.
Petrie has taken some heavy criticism recently, I think wholly unjustified (my own opinion), but we're definitely seeing signs of improvement on the park. He's come under some very heavy fire, but has soldiered on when much lesser men would have thrown in the towel. I reckon thats a sign of the guys determination and commitment to Hibs, and us, and I have faith we'll eventually get it right.
Thanks to the OF, and probably in some part the Media arse lickers, Scottish football is a mess. Hibs will be at the forefront of the re-birth of Scottish football I reckon, and I think we could do a hell of a lot worse than having RP at the helm.

Glory Glory :flag: