PDA

View Full Version : NHC 'a disaster'

down-the-slope
08-03-2012, 03:36 PM
Scottish FA chief warns Rangers liquidation would be 'a disaster'

Scottish Football Association chief executive Stewart Regan has described the prospect of stricken Rangers being liquidated as "a disaster".

:rolleyes:

Talk about loss of reality...whats happening in Syria is - Mr Regan - an example of 'a disaster'. Whats happening at Ibrox is the result of greed and a desire for one upmanship at all costs. No one has or will die, and society will not disolve as a result of this (it may in fact improve)

Its hard to imagine that with such hyperbole the SFA will take any punitive action against them regardless of what their 'investigation' finds

jgl07
08-03-2012, 04:47 PM
This reminds be of Disraeli's attempt to explain the difference between 'calamity' and 'catastrophe'.

"If Mr Gladstone fell into the Thames it would be a calamity. If anyone pulled him out it would be a catastrophe".

So if Rangers were liquidated it would be a calamity for Scottish Football. If the SPL put them back in it would be a catastrophe.

leithsansiro
08-03-2012, 04:48 PM
Talk about loss of reality...whats happening in Syria is - Mr Regan - an example of 'a disaster'. Whats happening at Ibrox is the result of greed and a desire for one upmanship at all costs.

This.

Football folk are prone to such ridiculous exageration. I also secretly suspect that most Rangers fans probably couldn't pinpoint Syria on a map.

ancient hibee
08-03-2012, 04:50 PM
Another exaggeration might be "Hibs are a massive club".

leithsansiro
08-03-2012, 04:56 PM

Or that Scottish football is remotely interesting any more :wink:

Isn't it sad that it's taken a "top" club behaving like idiots to get our league noticed? More time has been devoted to the whole sorry business this week and last than Hibs have had in the last few years.

Hibercelona
08-03-2012, 04:58 PM

How massive we are would be dependant on the scale in which you measure us on.

We're a "massive" club in Scotland.

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-03-2012, 05:01 PM
Already to me, this looking like a pre-cursor to the explanation of why the SPL/SFA felt that they had to make an exception in this case and not follow the published administration rules, but allow RFC a loophole.

ancient hibee
08-03-2012, 05:02 PM
How massive we are would be dependant on the scale in which you measure us on.

We're a "massive" club in Scotland.

Exactly.

Hibercelona
08-03-2012, 05:10 PM
Exactly.

Which isn't very massive at all I guess. :greengrin

Jim44
08-03-2012, 05:13 PM
Already to me, this looking like a pre-cursor to the explanation of why the SPL/SFA felt that they had to make an exception in this case and not follow the published administration rules, but allow RFC a loophole.

I know where you're coming from and I have similar reservations about how they will ultimately 'punish' Rangers. But the extent of Rangers' 'misbehaviour' is so great that they will surely be forced into a significant course of action if they are to retain any credibility they still have.

WindyMiller
08-03-2012, 07:49 PM
I know where you're coming from and I have similar reservations about how they will ultimately 'punish' Rangers. But the extent of Rangers' 'misbehaviour' is so great that they will surely be forced into a significant course of action if they are to retain any credibility they still have.

I feel that Uefa will be watching this with interest.

Hibs Class
08-03-2012, 08:43 PM
Which isn't very massive at all I guess. :greengrin

Precisely - even the OF aren't as massive as they'd like to think they are. They do attract more than their fair share of misty-eyed bigots across the world, but in footballing terms Scottish football is an irrelevance that barely registers, from top to bottom.

monktonharp
08-03-2012, 11:36 PM
Already to me, this looking like a pre-cursor to the explanation of why the SPL/SFA felt that they had to make an exception in this case and not follow the published administration rules, but allow RFC a loophole.:agree:and the real disaster in football terms,for non-OF clubs and their fans will be that he and his cohorts actually follow it through with a slap on the hand to the Hun.

SRHibs
08-03-2012, 11:47 PM
Scottish FA chief warns Rangers liquidation would be 'a disaster'

Scottish Football Association chief executive Stewart Regan has described the prospect of stricken Rangers being liquidated as "a disaster".

:rolleyes:

Talk about loss of reality...whats happening in Syria is - Mr Regan - an example of 'a disaster'. Whats happening at Ibrox is the result of greed and a desire for one upmanship at all costs. No one has or will die, and society will not disolve as a result of this (it may in fact improve)

Its hard to imagine that with such hyperbole the SFA will take any punitive action against them regardless of what their 'investigation' finds

It's clearly a relative statement.

Brebners Bookie
09-03-2012, 02:27 AM
Precisely - even the OF aren't as massive as they'd like to think they are. They do attract more than their fair share of misty-eyed bigots across the world, but in footballing terms Scottish football is an irrelevance that barely registers, from top to bottom.

Jeezo, its not great at the moment, but chill out.