PDA

View Full Version : The derby day mixed family

Hibernia&Alba
08-03-2012, 04:30 PM
With derby day fast approaching, does anyone have maroonic types included in their nearest and dearest, and what's it like on derby day? Sibling, spouse, one of the bairns not quite right right? Deepest sympathies to anyone whose life is blighted by such tragedy. I know of a married couple like this - I give it a year, max :greengrin

Togs91
08-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Married? :na na: Must not be that interested in the team! Wouldnt be allowed in my house :greengrin

nonshinyfinish
08-03-2012, 04:37 PM
No, my family all ken whit's gaun oan.

Keith_M
08-03-2012, 04:39 PM
Mixed marriages are just sooooo wrong!

:greengrin

I worked with a guy in my teens who was one of four brothers. They supported, from oldest to youngest, Hearts, Rangers / Hibs (twins), Celtc. When I asked their Dad what team HE supported, his answer was along the lines of "don't you think there's enough trouble in my house as it is?" :greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
08-03-2012, 04:41 PM
With derby day fast approaching, does anyone have maroonic types included in their nearest and dearest, and what's it like on derby day? Sibling, spouse, one of the bairns not quite right right? Deepest sympathies to anyone whose life is blighted by such tragedy. I know of a married couple like this - I give it a year, max :greengrin

No, either side of my or my wife's family, all greens...thank goodness..

One Day
08-03-2012, 04:47 PM
No, my family all ken whit's gaun oan.

Mine too

Hibercelona
08-03-2012, 04:50 PM
I've got them in my family. :agree:

Very "distant" family though to say the least. :cool2:

Rossco1875
08-03-2012, 05:22 PM
my dads side of the family are all hibees accept from his brother who turned out to be a jambo some how :confused:

Hibrandenburg
08-03-2012, 05:55 PM
Mum's side Yams and Dad's side Hibbies. ****ing close call there.

bruno
08-03-2012, 06:04 PM
Mum's side Yams and Dad's side Hibbies. ****ing close call there.
My brother and his 3 were all season ticket holders until this year. Neither of us ever miss a derby. We're both bad losers and chat before game call each other at half time but phones seem to be switched off at end. Usually couple days til we talk again about the game when it's easier to be rational.

danhibees1875
08-03-2012, 06:12 PM
Friend of mine from uni is of the maroon persuasion - get on quite well even on derby day. Last derby involved a couple drinks at his flat and then split a taxi down to the top of Easter Road. :agree:

frazeHFC
08-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Thank god nope is my answer. Hibs, Dunfy, Aberdeen and Manure are the teams within my family. The Dunfy ones live in Bristol, Malta and Australia though, each trying to better how far away they can get. :tee hee:

Scouse Hibee
08-03-2012, 07:06 PM
Wife's family all Hibees, what other ****** reason could I have had to follow Hibs 20 years ago :grr: :greengrin

nonshinyfinish
08-03-2012, 07:25 PM
Wife's family all Hibees, what other ****** reason could I have had to follow Hibs 20 years ago :grr: :greengrin

I just assumed that you saw that Liverpool's star was fading and jumped on the nearest sure-fire bandwagon to footballing glory.

Where did it all go wrong, eh?

edinburghhibee
09-03-2012, 01:27 AM
My family are all Hibs fans but all the cousins have married Hearts fans, I am living with my partner who is a hearts fan with her family all being on that side of the fence too. Not to worry though they always expect to win so when they do I don't get it too tight.

I went to the derby when our reserves beat them 1-0 and later that night pitched up in Penicuik (P!shed) with my seat, that snapped under me when celebrating our goal and planted it in her old mans garden. Since that day I am woken to the sound of hearts songs blaring down the phone when the derbys come around.

I'm confident that I'll be found in Penicuik again after this derby!

:flag::flag::pfgwa:flag::flag:

Septimus
09-03-2012, 07:20 AM
Fifty years ago in November I married into a Hearts supporting family. My wife then went on an extensive course of intelligence tuition. Part of the deal was that any children would be dressed exclusively in green with maroon nappies. It has all worked out quite well and peace reigns within the household even on derby days.

Keith_M
09-03-2012, 08:16 AM

You have our sympathies....

:greengrin

Torto7062
09-03-2012, 08:45 AM
I'm the unlucky one then.

Wife- Jambo
Fatherinlaw- Jambo
Motherinlaw-Jambo
Oldest Son- Tim, had s/t at Er for 5yrs then changed
2nd son- Green Blood ;)
3rd son- was a Hibby.now a Retired Hibby was fed up getting beaten. 8yr old
Daughter- footie free- 9 months old.

Life is cruel to some people lol

CropleyWasGod
09-03-2012, 09:29 AM
I used to have a Jambo son.

Nah.. probably better put as "My son used to be a Jambo". :greengrin

Until he was about 12, I had to endure it. A trip to Hampden to see "them" playing Airdrie (that was exciting.... 0-0:rolleyes:), "fabulous" European nights.... all topped off with being unable to celebrate the occasional derby win because his mother didn't want "the poor thing upset".

My family credibility was shot to hell, my marriage was in tatters (how many times I looked at "her", wondering what animal practices she had been indulging in outside of our marriage.)

Fast forward to 18th March 2007, when said son (now 24) was walking away from Hampden, crying tears of sheer joy.

The moral of this little tale of redemption?

Corporal punishment works, folks. :aok:

Diclonius
09-03-2012, 10:32 AM
I'm the only Hibs fan in my family. The rest are Celtic and Rangers. My Dad was a Celtic fan until he converted to Hibs a good few years ago.

Andy74
09-03-2012, 10:40 AM
I'm virtually the only Hibby in a Hearts family, including very large extended family.

Hibernia&Alba
09-03-2012, 08:13 PM
I used to have a Jambo son.

Nah.. probably better put as "My son used to be a Jambo". :greengrin

Until he was about 12, I had to endure it. A trip to Hampden to see "them" playing Airdrie (that was exciting.... 0-0:rolleyes:), "fabulous" European nights.... all topped off with being unable to celebrate the occasional derby win because his mother didn't want "the poor thing upset".

My family credibility was shot to hell, my marriage was in tatters (how many times I looked at "her", wondering what animal practices she had been indulging in outside of our marriage.)

Fast forward to 18th March 2007, when said son (now 24) was walking away from Hampden, crying tears of sheer joy.

The moral of this little tale of redemption?

Corporal punishment works, folks. :aok:

Now that's another thread, CWG. People who have changed teams!

Dashing Bob S
09-03-2012, 08:40 PM
Now that's another thread, CWG. People who have changed teams!

Abused as a child, dragged to Tynecastle by solid Yamily. It dawned on me that I was surrounded by badly dressed ******s with urine-stained trousers, so I started going to Easter Road. Was determined that I would never subject a child to what I went through and so far I've kept my word.

essexhibee
09-03-2012, 09:29 PM
My uncle and cousin are huge jambos. Unfortunate.

Great guys though even if they are dirty yams !!

nonshinyfinish
10-03-2012, 11:00 AM
I'm the unlucky one then.

Wife- Jambo
Fatherinlaw- Jambo
Motherinlaw-Jambo
Oldest Son- Tim, had s/t at Er for 5yrs then changed
2nd son- Green Blood ;)
3rd son- was a Hibby.now a Retired Hibby was fed up getting beaten. 8yr old
Daughter- footie free- 9 months old.

Life is cruel to some people lol

I'm the only Hibs fan in my family. The rest are Celtic and Rangers. My Dad was a Celtic fan until he converted to Hibs a good few years ago.

I'm virtually the only Hibby in a Hearts family, including very large extended family.

Abused as a child, dragged to Tynecastle by solid Yamily. It dawned on me that I was surrounded by badly dressed ******s with urine-stained trousers, so I started going to Easter Road. Was determined that I would never subject a child to what I went through and so far I've kept my word.

Could this be the start of a support network? Hibs.net fights back against society's ills.

Dinkydoo
10-03-2012, 11:08 AM
My dad is a jambo and there is really only light banter on derby days. If one of us gets really pissed off and goes OTT then unfortunately it's almost always me!

Mind you he's had years of taking me to cup games and one fantastic European night and the odd game at ER. I had a season ticket when I was younger for a few years but that was with my hibby uncle. I think my dad initially thought when he offered to take me along to a game with my wee cousin, "What harm can it do?"

:faf:

erskine-hibby
10-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Married? :na na: Must not be that interested in the team! Wouldnt be allowed in my house :greengrin

Correct!
And don't even think about bringing one home...EVER!!