PDA

View Full Version : Urgent League positions might change

down-the-slope
07-03-2012, 04:36 PM
Right we need a stato and SPL rule expert...

Administrators have just stated situation is 'perilous' and that they 'may not be able to fulfill fixtures'

My understanding is that all results against a team in this situation would be void with opposition given 3-0 result....:rolleyes:

Firstly can anyone confirm my understanding of rules...and who can work out what that means for points league placings for the rest ...

Bad Martini
07-03-2012, 04:46 PM
It means were aboot to choorie three goals from a gubbin fae the biggots. ***** brawww if true.

:greengrin

Weeeeareeeeeaapeeeepullllllllll.....weeeeshallllno ttttttbemoveeddddddddd

dolphan
07-03-2012, 04:46 PM
If it did work like that (no idea - is there any precedent for this at all?), then us, Dunfermline, and Caley would all gain 4 points on St Mirren, since they beat and drew with Rangers where the rest of us lost all the games. Don't think it would change the bottom 4 positions as they stand, haven't looked further up.

Bad Martini
07-03-2012, 04:48 PM
If it did work like that (no idea - is there any precedent for this at all?), then us, Dunfermline, and Caley would all gain 4 points on St Mirren, since they beat and drew with Rangers where the rest of us lost all the games. Don't think it would change the bottom 4 positions as they stand, haven't looked further up.

Might no change the positions of the bottom but means no relegation. Also braw.

Mikey
07-03-2012, 04:49 PM
It wouldn't make any difference between either us or Dunfermline as neither team has taken a point off them this season.

It might even help our goal difference slightly :rolleyes:

Mikey
07-03-2012, 04:50 PM

That of course is the clincher :greengrin

PaulSmith
07-03-2012, 04:53 PM

But if SPL votes for new Rangers straight back in next season there has to be a space for them and for Ross County to come up as well surely.

SPL 2 will be voted in soon after Rangers are liquidated.

jgl07
07-03-2012, 04:55 PM

Administrators have just stated situation is 'perilous' and that they 'may not be able to fulfill fixtures'

My understanding is that all results against a team in this situation would be void with opposition given 3-0 result....:rolleyes:

Firstly can anyone confirm my understanding of rules...and who can work out what that means for points league placings for the rest ...

If they did not fulfill fixtures then all matches then Rangers would basically be removed from the League. All fixtures against Rangers would be null and void and Hibs would lose the grand total of zero points.

Hearts and a few others would drop points.

Sylar
07-03-2012, 05:04 PM
But if SPL votes for new Rangers straight back in next season there has to be a space for them and for Ross County to come up as well surely.

That would be farcical really - I can't understand why they don't just dump them into the 3rd division and increase the number of teams being promoted respectively above. This "no room" argument doesn't wash, as they did it to Livingston. Granted, this was SFL to SFL, but they accommodated by moving clubs around.

A team who have lived within a financial budget and suffered poor quality players as a result, but have managed to operate are sacrificed for a club who have spent ludicrously, cost the jobs/contracts of many and violated many league rules. Dunfermline's board certainly won't be queuing up to vote for this.

Billy Whizz
07-03-2012, 05:05 PM
That would be farcical really - I can't understand why they don't just dump them into the 3rd division and increase the number of teams being promoted respectively above. This "no room" argument doesn't wash, as they did it to Livingston. Granted, this was SFL to SFL, but they accommodated by moving clubs around.

A team who have lived within a financial budget and suffered poor quality players as a result, but have managed to operate are sacrificed for a club who have spent ludicrously, cost the jobs/contracts of many and violated many league rules. Dunfermline's board certainly won't be queuing up to vote for this.

Let's go for a 20 team league for one season

jgl07
07-03-2012, 05:14 PM

Livingston were busted two Divisions by the SFL because that was in their power.

The SPL have no power to do the same to Rangers as they do not control the SFL. They can kick them of the SPL and no more.

Doncaster is hiding behind the division between the SPL and the SFL to try and come up with a plan to save Rangers.

The situation is exactly the same as with Gretna. Rangers go bust and are kicked out. No relegation from the SPL for this season. Anything else is within the remit of the SFL. This should be a newco Rangers applying to Division 3 for the resultant vacancy.

down-the-slope
07-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Club ceasing to play and be a member of the League
H5 If any Club in the League ceases to operate or to be member of the League for any reason, its playing record in the League may be expunged and the number of relegation places from the League shall be reduced accordingly.

GreenPJ
07-03-2012, 05:29 PM
Club ceasing to play and be a member of the League
H5 If any Club in the League ceases to operate or to be member of the League for any reason, its playing record in the League may be expunged and the number of relegation places from the League shall be reduced accordingly.

Doncaster and his fellow useless individuals will be frantically coming up with a league reconstruction plan to introduce 14 teams from next season would be my bet. We will be told that the authorities have acted decisively and listened to fans requests when in reality they will make change but not for the right reasons and we will revert back to a cartel of two teams running the 'newly expanded' SPL.

Biggest issue will be getting the SFL on board which might mean them splashing some cash to the lower teams.

Diclonius
07-03-2012, 05:43 PM
We'll get 7 taken off our goals against. That's about it. Hearts will drop like a stone.

konte's one-two
07-03-2012, 05:51 PM
If we take the results against rangers out of the league

I've worked the standing out to be

GOAL PTS
celtic 47 72
well 13 51
dundee utd11 40
ST J 4 39
hearts 3 36
aberdeen 0 30
killie -6 27
st mirren -7 27
ICT -11 27
hibs -19 23
dunfy -28 19

This isn't taking into account the possible ruling of a 3-0 win awarded but I dont think this would alter the actual standings or difference between clubs as its al pro-rata

Keith_M
07-03-2012, 09:59 PM
In this interesting scenario, what happens to the split?

Just how many teams are in each half and who do the 3-0 wins get awarded to? The teams in the top half (where Rangers would be if they fulfilled their fixtures) or the teams in the bottom half (where Rangers would be if they suddenly had no points)?

Seveno
07-03-2012, 11:02 PM

Does that mean that we would have to loan out Ivan to all the other teams ?:na na:

MB62
08-03-2012, 08:18 AM

This actually the perfect answer to all the 'where will derhun2 play next season' question.
SPL2 forms and derhun get put in there, where they would be expected to be promoted the next season. It makes it look like the present SPL lot have taken a firm stance against them by putting them in to the lower league and everybody in SPL1 only takes a one year hit.

I could see them scrapping the league cup (or whatever they call it now) and have an SPL cup with maybe sections, to make up for it.

down-the-slope
08-03-2012, 09:29 AM
My understanding is that they may be able to fulfill their fixtures therefore ..... erm
What made this urgent?

Eh thats MAY not can/will and the potential implications for Hibs is important - well to me anyhow :rolleyes: